Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 4th October 2018, 06:12   #52961  |  Link
huhn

https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php...16&postcount=2

feel free to send him one and don't forget the API.

and there a not many screens that work with 24 hz or lower even through for video rendering there is an easy workaround.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2018, 06:27   #52962  |  Link
jerryleungwh

I see some comments saying we should choose 10 bit RGB instead of 12 (although it's not yet an option for nvidia users) because 12 could introduce banding aftee dithering, may I ask is that the case for Tv that supports 12 bits colors too? It says on the properties page in madvr that my TV can handle 12 bits, so will I get banding problem if I'm using 12 bit RGB full range or should I switch to 10 bits when it's an available option?

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk
jerryleungwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2018, 06:40   #52963  |  Link
huhn

every none entry TV supports 12 bit input.

nvidia does not provide 10 bit for RGB when using HDMI because "reasons".
if your screen can't deal with 12 bit properly you may end up with banding but it's only the fault of your TV.
madVR doesn't change it's dithering based on that option.
i don't see a reason to send 12 bit if 10 bit is available but in the end it all depends on the quirks of your screen.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2018, 06:51   #52964  |  Link
mkohman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner306 View Post
Thank you so much..

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
mkohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2018, 08:14   #52965  |  Link
khanmein

@mclingo AMD no issues & now guess what?
khanmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2018, 08:42   #52966  |  Link
creativeopinion

@madshi

I don't want to turn this thread into nvidia topic but I would appreciate if you or someone else could clarify one thing for me. I'm using madVR custom resolutions and I've been told a while ago that the last driver that supports that is 390.65 but since then there are a lot of new releases. Since you have your nvidia contact I assume this was discussed as well at some point. Can you advise what's the last version that works with madVR custom resolutions? Currently I'm able to get '1 frame drop every 2 days' or even 'no frame drops/repeats expected' so I would hate to lose it by updating and not knowing if I still will be able to set this up.

I realize some drivers can introduce other problems so if someone can advise which one has the least amount of them + supports madVR custom resolutions that would be very helpful.
creativeopinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2018, 09:47   #52967  |  Link
madjock

@creativeopinion

You will not get the answer you want. Not because there are no answers out there, it all is very subjective.

For example, if you do not have any issues, and you do not have any frame drops, why would you want to change ? I am guilty of this as well as I feel as though I am missing out, but the reality is, this computer is just for HTPC and browsing, so always roll back to 399.xx.

Some people have working custom resolutions with later drivers, but other things break, or don't.

The simplest reply is it all depends what you want to do, what graphics card you have, rev of Windows, but if it is working for what you want it to do, my advice would be leave it as is.
madjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2018, 09:55   #52968  |  Link
khanmein

FSE is working again with 1809.
khanmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2018, 10:41   #52969  |  Link
mytbyte

I'd like to thank Madshi for the new option (finally) in calibration section to report BT.2020 to display (good for 4K non/HDR content and displays that are not HDR but support BT.2020) and it works.

The only gripe would be that one cannot apply the change if you check/uncheck only the option. If you select BT.709 you must also uncheck "report BT.2020" at the same time or you won't be able to do it if you only change to BT.709 and forget to change "report BT.2020". It's just a hassle, not a deadlock.
mytbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2018, 12:17   #52970  |  Link
jespermart

RTX 2160 ti no frame packed 3D

Just recieved my new RTX 2010 ti card and has suddenly no frame packed 3d in madvr only side by side. Thought it might have something to do with the new Windows 10 build 1809, so I reverted back to my old Windows 8.1, but it's exactly the same, what the f**k are going on???

Nvidia driver version are 411.70

Anyone else???
jespermart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2018, 12:25   #52971  |  Link
Ver Greeneyes

The 411.xx drivers have some issues. I guess you can't use older drivers on the new RTX cards, so you might just have to wait for a fix from Nvidia.
Ver Greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2018, 12:28   #52972  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jespermart View Post
Just recieved my new RTX 2010....?
BRAZEN1 is the Nvidia 3D expert on here, he should be able to help if he's about.
Old 4th October 2018, 13:46   #52973  |  Link
VenomousNinja

Nvidia has just released new Driver 416.16 WHQL with fixes for recent Win 10 1809 build. http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...ease-notes.pdf
Old 4th October 2018, 14:02   #52974  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomousNinja View Post
Nvidia has just released new Driver 416.16 WHQL with fixes for recent Win 10 1809 build. http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...ease-notes.pdf
are you still on win7, or is your sig just out of date mate?

Was just wondering what works in win7 now as I have an old machine I might put in my bedroom which I didnt upgrade to win 10 when I should have.

Last edited by mclingo; 4th October 2018 at 14:16.
mclingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2018, 14:23   #52975  |  Link
madjock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclingo View Post
are you still on win7, or is your sig just out of date mate?

Was just wondering what works in win7 now as I have an old machine I might put in my bedroom which I didnt upgrade to win 10 when I should have.
You constantly say you are aware of messing up a thread, but you cannot seem to help yourself from doing it every day ?

Where do you think this conversation will go, what works on Windows 7 ?

madjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2018, 14:37   #52976  |  Link
mclingo

fair play, yes i'm trying to get this kind of thing over to the other thread but also mend some bridges around here, at last for those who are willing to meet half way.

I meant what works in MADVR for windows 7, dont think this is an unreasonable question and I gave a reason for asking it. I would have asked it on the general thread if he'd gone there with that information.

Old 4th October 2018, 14:43   #52977  |  Link
AngelGraves13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomousNinja View Post
Too bad the driver isn't WHQL signed and won't load once installed.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2018, 16:02   #52978  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeopinion View Post
Can you advise what's the last version that works with madVR custom resolutions? Currently I'm able to get '1 frame drop every 2 days' or even 'no frame drops/repeats expected' so I would hate to lose it by updating and not knowing if I still will be able to set this up.

I realize some drivers can introduce other problems so if someone can advise which one has the least amount of them + supports madVR custom resolutions that would be very helpful.
Any driver version should work or potentially can work with custom resolutions. If you aren't playing video games, there should be a good reason to upgrade your drivers if everything is already working correctly. Doing it just to have the latest drivers typically doesn't achieve anything.
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2018, 16:04   #52979  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi3gai4rui4 View Post
Hi brazen1, can you please link me to instructions how to create custom timings to work around this issue?
I think I'm seeing it.
Or I'm seeing both A/V sync issues and stuttering video issues, I'd like to try this custom timings thing.
http://madvr.com/crt/CustomResTutorial.html
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2018, 16:11   #52980  |  Link
creativeopinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner306 View Post
Any driver version should work or potentially can work with custom resolutions. If you aren't playing video games, there should be a good reason to upgrade your drivers if everything is already working correctly. Doing it just to have the latest drivers typically doesn't achieve anything.
I don't believe that is correct. I remember I've tried the latest driver that was released at the time back in April I think. I spend literally 3 hours trying with different pixel clocks and I'm sure you can imagine how annoyed I was getting my TV flashing every few seconds in order to check if the pixel clock has been accepted. I couldn't find one that would work.

Then, my friend has advised me that someone on this forum confirmed that nvidia did 'something' and that the last one that works with madVR CR is 390.65. I've installed it on the same day and I was able to find the correct pixel clock after like 2 mins without any problems. I just tested few different ones to get the best results and currently this vary from few hours/days to even no frame drops/repeats expected.

Now If i would aim to update my drivers I would like to make sure this can still be something I could set up. If I can benefit from newest drivers when it comes to HDR and other things I would like to.
creativeopinion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling