Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 12th January 2010, 00:06   #6581  |  Link
NiGHTsC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
ffdshow_rev3195_20100110_xhmikosr.exe

Wow...worked!!

Thank you so much Atak!!
NiGHTsC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 08:39   #6582  |  Link
consultant

I'm using RipBot264 to do my first backup of one of my Blu-Rays. I'm planning on streaming the backup to my PS3 for viewing and possibly on occasion burning the movie onto a DL DVD (until BDs get cheaper). My first 'test' movie is Ratatouille. A couple quick questions to fellow RipBot users:

1) There wasn't one m2ts file that stood out as the largest, so I select the 00000 file. Ripbot popped a window up that seemed to indicate to pieced together the entire move as it indicated 1: Chapters, 31 Chapters. Question: Is it going to rip EVERYTHING of the disc or did it just piece together the main movie? If everything, is there not an easy way then to rip the main movie when it isn't all in one large 20GB m2ts file? Note that one thing I DO want is to try to preserve the audio quality as best as possible.

2) I've been reading and reading about differences between MKV and M2TS containers and am still not clear. I see RipBot offers both (assuming AVCHD is option that creates M2TS?) Considering first and foremost I'm streaming to PS3 (when I backup I'm transcoding to 720P to save space), but also may want to burn a disc, should I use MKV or AVCHD option inRipBot?

Thanks in advance for throwing me a bone on this.
consultant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 11:09   #6583  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

I have found a strange interaction between NVTools and RipBot.

I am converting some .mts video, using an avs script to deinterlace and read the format. The avs file goes in the RipBot.

If I use the dgmultidecodenv dll, avs2avi crashes. If I use dgdecodenv.dll+cuvidsrv, everything goes ok and ripbot can make its work.

Any idea?
Old 12th January 2010, 11:24   #6584  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Ask Neuron2 why avs2avi crashes.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 11:34   #6585  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Quote:
Ask Neuron2 why avs2avi crashes.
In the NVTools thread they ask me to ask you!

P.S: Could be possible to import an external AC3 file for the MP4 format encoding and leave it as it is? In the pulldown only AAC is listed.
Old 12th January 2010, 11:54   #6586  |  Link
Wishbringer
Silent Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by consultant View Post
I'm planning on streaming the backup to my PS3 for viewing and possibly on occasion burning the movie onto a DL DVD...
should I use MKV or AVCHD option inRipBot?
ATM most Standalone BD-Player can play AVCHD but not MKV.
PS3 can't play MKV on it's own, on Disc you can't play it. While streaming, you need a streaming server, which converts container-format on the fly. A "normal" DLNA-Server provided by some NAS isn't sufficent for streaming MKV.

So I would go for AVCHD (M2TS).

You could convert to MP4 too (PS3 supports MP4, some Standalones can play MP4 container too - but not all, for streaming MP4 to PS3 a normal DLNA-Server is sufficent).
But often MP4 container-support is only 32bit (4GB max filesize)

Quote:
Is it going to rip EVERYTHING of the disc or did it just piece together the main movie?
RipBot doesn't rip at all. For Ripping you need AnyDVD HD or similar.
RipBot reads out playlists, chooses largest playlist (can be a bunch of m2ts files) assuming this is the main movie, reads it out and splits it to HDD as audio file and mkv video file.

Quote:
when I backup I'm transcoding to 720P to save space), but also may want to burn a disc
If you convert to DVD-DL you often don't need to convert to 720p.
I reencoded several 2 hour movies to AVCHD DVD-DL while keeping original audio and still got Quants around 18-20...
Wishbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 12:45   #6587  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

@tormento
Ask Neuron2 why avs2avi crashes with this simple script.

command line
avs2avi.exe "getinfo.avs" -c null -o n

getinfo.avs
Code:
Import("C:\Users\Dawid\Desktop\script.avs").ConvertToYV12()
WriteFile("E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framecount")
WriteFile("E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framerate")
WriteFile("E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioRate")
WriteFile("E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioChannels")
WriteFile("E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioLength")
WriteFile("E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Width")
WriteFile("E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Height ")
Trim(0,-1)
Old 12th January 2010, 17:25   #6588  |  Link
consultant

Well my first attempt to backup Ratatouille didn't work. Too bad you have to wait all that time while it demuxes to then see the exception. There is an MKV file in the temp directory with all the video and it plays - but not audio! There is a huge WAV file too, but I can't play it for some reason.

Could the exception have to do with I selected the RAW PCM audio track as I'm under the impression the PS3 can play LPCM audio (not 100% sure it can be streamed though) Wow the .wav file is over 3GB! Guess that's PCM for you?

Thanks for the tips, I think I will go with m2ts which is the AVCHD option in RipBot I assume (if I can get it to work.)

I'm running on Vista 64-bit and have lots of other software installed (StaxRip, MakeMKV, latest FFDShow, etc.) Trying to rip straight from the BD - I'm guessing either the problem is selection RAW PCM audio track, and/or trying to rip straight from the BD (with AnyDVD running of course), and/or issues with latest FFDshow? Help!

Access Violation (I don't see much 'debug' info in either avs file.) I also get the same access violation line 2 if I try to open the MKV file RipBot created in the temp directory.

video=DirectShowSource("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\RipBot\tools\AviSynth plugins\NicAudio\NicAudio.dll")
audio=RaWavSource("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.wav",1)
AudioDub(video,audio)
WriteFile("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framecount")
WriteFile("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framerate")
WriteFile("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioRate")
WriteFile("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioChannels")
WriteFile("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioLength")
WriteFile("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Width")
WriteFile("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Height ")
Trim(0,-1)

Last edited by consultant; 12th January 2010 at 17:30.
Old 12th January 2010, 17:29   #6589  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...21#post1362821
Old 12th January 2010, 17:46   #6590  |  Link
consultant

Quote:
I assume this is @ me. I'll give it a try. Thanks!
Old 12th January 2010, 18:33   #6591  |  Link
consultant

I was glad to find a 64-bit ffdshow, but see RipBot requires 32-bit. To be honest I'm not sure how much of a performance benefit I'd see if RipBot was 64-bit? Any ideas?

Also, what does the FLAC checkbox do? I'm guessing converts the audio track to FLAC instead of WAV? If I'm going to stream to PS3 and want to preserve the audio quality as best as possible, what settings should I use if source is PCM and if source is True-HD or DTS-HD?

Last edited by consultant; 12th January 2010 at 18:43.
Old 12th January 2010, 18:50   #6592  |  Link
nurbs

Quote:
I was glad to find a 64-bit ffdshow, but see RipBot requires 32-bit. To be honest I'm not sure how much of a performance benefit I'd see if RipBot was 64-bit? Any ideas?
The 64bit version of ffdshow is probably slower than the 32bit version. There is lots of assembly code that has to be ported by hand to 64bit and I don't think that has been done yet.
nurbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 20:56   #6593  |  Link
consultant

I noticed there is no pass-thru option for the audio when I select AVCHD but there is for MKV. Considering I'm ripping the PCM audio track from an m2ts file off the BD and want to transcode it back to a m2ts file but just with video transcoded to 720p, it seems odd I would have to transcode the audio to AC3? Is there anyway around this.

Of course I just started the transcode using MKV for now, figuring their must be a way to convert it to m2ts easily later if needed, but seeing it is going to take about 4.5hrs (estimate at 7% done), if the MKV doesn't play the PCM audio correctly streamed to my PS3, I won't be a happy camper. (crossing fingers) Worse case can I just demux the MKV, transcode the audio to AC3 and remux? (I'll need help if I have to do that.)

Can anyone confirm what the FLAC checkbox does and advantages/when to use it?
Old 12th January 2010, 20:58   #6594  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

FLAC = Free Lossless Audio Compression
Old 12th January 2010, 21:29   #6595  |  Link
consultant

I know what FLAC is. I'm just wondering, if I'm transcoding the audio to AC3 or just MUXing the PCM track, what difference does it make in RipBot between if the Flac checkbox is checked or not? In other words why is it there - what does it do, why would you want to check the checkbox?
Old 12th January 2010, 21:43   #6596  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
In other words why is it there - what does it do, why would you want to check the checkbox?
FLAC is available only for lossless source (DTS-MA , TrueHD , PCM). FLAC has higher compression and can be muxed into .mkv container. If FLAC is not checked than you get decompressed .wav. I did not add ability to mux .wav into .mkv because it does not make sense. If you want lossless audio you must use FLAC.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 12th January 2010 at 21:46.
Old 12th January 2010, 21:59   #6597  |  Link
consultant

Glad I checked the box!! Anyone compare AC3 640kbit/s to FLAC? I know I am aiming to preserve audio quality, but only to the extent the filesize isn't increased by a huge amount. Looking at the first demux I tried where I didn't check the box, the WAV file was over 3GB since the source was PCM. The FLAC file is only 1.2GB. Hurray. I think I saw another user that said they could successfully stream MKV with FLAC audio to PS3. I hope so.

This is probably going to seem like a dumb question, especially to the program author, but just want to confirm, if on the transcode I select to just MUX the audio but selected FLAC on the Demux, the audio in the MKV will be FLAC'd PCM right? It won't uncompress the FLAC when it muxes the MKV?
Old 12th January 2010, 22:05   #6598  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

FLAC is NEVER decompressed to .wav.
Old 13th January 2010, 01:28   #6599  |  Link
8ternity

"Problem Resolved"

Reimport again two or three times, the subtitle is correct now.

Last edited by 8ternity; 13th January 2010 at 06:15.
8ternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 06:27   #6600  |  Link
jarr_d

aargh! I updated to latest version, but now after selecting the m2ts, and RipBox starts demuxing, I keep getting this error:

DirectShowSource: couldn't open file I:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\video.mkv:
An object or name was not found.
(I:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\getinfo.avs, line 2)

any help?
jarr_d is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360