Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th March 2013, 03:24   #1021  |  Link
marktherob2011

I would like to be able to select/unselect audio streams selectively from each stream.

Mark
marktherob2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 04:04   #1022  |  Link
setarip_old

@jdobbs re: Audio amplification

For those of us who lived through the 1960s but "don't remember it", perhaps you could add a little note of clarification to the Hidden Text listing:
Quote:
AUDIO_AMPLIFY=n n = 0-x - Increase volume of reencoded audio. Example "1.2" = 20% increase, "2.0" = 2X
such as "AUDIO_AMPLIFY=0 will result in SILENT audiostreams... (I learned the hard way recently ;>})
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 06:30   #1023  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktherob2011 View Post
I would like to be able to select/unselect audio streams selectively from each stream.

Mark
You can do that now. Just double click on the audio stream to select/unselect. Same for subtitles.
Old 8th March 2013, 23:23   #1024  |  Link
colinhunt

I'd like to request moving KEEP_HD_LPCM setting from .INI to BD-RB's Setup menu.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2013, 23:29   #1025  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
such as "AUDIO_AMPLIFY=0 will result in SILENT audiostreams
That seems pretty intuitive.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2013, 03:41   #1026  |  Link
setarip_old

Quote:
That seems pretty intuitive.
I guess I'm just not that intuitive - Most of the other "Hidden" items are Off/On (0/1) switches. I initially interpreted "AUDIO_AMPLIFY=0" as No ADDITIONAL amplification (After all, one usually doesn't rely on "Hidden" text if using the "routine" already-included audio volume/amplification setting)...

Last edited by setarip_old; 9th March 2013 at 04:05.
Old 10th March 2013, 13:35   #1027  |  Link
thegame

Sorry if this is already known but are we able to do movie only builds now and keep menu? and if not will this ever happen?

Thanks a lot jdobbs
thegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 14:48   #1028  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
Sorry if this is already known but are we able to do movie only builds now and keep menu? and if not will this ever happen?
I thought that a "Movie and menus" option was added quite a while ago. I'm 100% not sure, since I only do "movie only" myself, and I'm not on my encoding machine so that I can verify this.

Even if that wasn't active, don't you simply do a "Full disc backup" and de-select all the stuff you don't want?
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 15:34   #1029  |  Link
gonca

@RobertM
You are correct in your statement. "Movies and Menus" is under mode, and has been in use for quite a while.
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 21:17   #1030  |  Link
spotswood

KEEP_HD_LPCM=1 + DTS Core

Hello jdobbs...

I have previously converted the HD-DVD Eagles Farewell-I to movie only Blu-ray using ClownBD. To make it fit on a BD25 disc without any video re-encode, ClownBD allows me to keep the HD LPCM 2.0 Stereo track and extract the core from the 5.1 DTS Master Audio track. This results in a 21.5GB file which fits nicely on a BD25 disc, again without any video re-encode.

I've tried doing the same with BDrebuilder using the KEEP_HD_LPCM=1 hidden option and enabling/disabling the Keep HD Audio for BD25/Do not convert DTS to AC3 in the setup menu but haven't had any luck with either setting. I either end up with both HD tracks requiring the video to be re-encoded or it re-encodes the LPCM to 192 and keeps the DTS Master Audio track.

The Blu-ray version of the above mentioned title has just been released (finally!). What I would like is to now create a movie and menu backup keeping the HD LPCM 2.0 Stereo track and the core DTS 5.1 track so it would fit on a BD25 disc without re-encoding the video. Possible? If I've missed something please forgive me. Thanks again for your help and/or suggestions!

Last edited by spotswood; 10th March 2013 at 21:21. Reason: addl info...
spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 02:15   #1031  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotswood View Post
Hello jdobbs...

I have previously converted the HD-DVD Eagles Farewell-I to movie only Blu-ray using ClownBD. To make it fit on a BD25 disc without any video re-encode, ClownBD allows me to keep the HD LPCM 2.0 Stereo track and extract the core from the 5.1 DTS Master Audio track. This results in a 21.5GB file which fits nicely on a BD25 disc, again without any video re-encode.

I've tried doing the same with BDrebuilder using the KEEP_HD_LPCM=1 hidden option and enabling/disabling the Keep HD Audio for BD25/Do not convert DTS to AC3 in the setup menu but haven't had any luck with either setting. I either end up with both HD tracks requiring the video to be re-encoded or it re-encodes the LPCM to 192 and keeps the DTS Master Audio track.

The Blu-ray version of the above mentioned title has just been released (finally!). What I would like is to now create a movie and menu backup keeping the HD LPCM 2.0 Stereo track and the core DTS 5.1 track so it would fit on a BD25 disc without re-encoding the video. Possible? If I've missed something please forgive me. Thanks again for your help and/or suggestions!
If it will fit without reencoding BD-RB should do it that way unless FORCE_ENCODE is or there is resizing involved,

But... if you want to force a no-encode you can add FORCE_NOENCODE=1 in the config/ini file. You could also set a custom output size that is extremely large. But... chances are that it will be larger than you think.
Old 11th March 2013, 08:08   #1032  |  Link
spotswood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
If it will fit without reencoding BD-RB should do it that way unless FORCE_ENCODE is or there is resizing involved,

But... if you want to force a no-encode you can add FORCE_NOENCODE=1 in the config/ini file. You could also set a custom output size that is extremely large. But... chances are that it will be larger than you think.
Thanks for your reply. I guess my question is can BDRB allow keeping the LPCM track and the core from the DTS-MA track? I was able to do this with ClownBD but without menus. I want to be able to create a movie/menus disc with the LPCM 2.0 Stereo track and just the core DTS 5.1 track. BDRB doesn't seem to allow this. If I'm mistaken and have missed a setting somehwere, my apolgies. Thanks again...
spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 16:58   #1033  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
I haven't been paying much attention to SBS as an alternative to the way 3D is implemented as a standard in blu-ray. What do you use to actually play the 3D SBS output, and what equipment do you require to play it back?
Sorry I'm late to the party, but...

I'm playing 3d SBS mkv's over my home network via my LG BD570 (few year old 2D bluray player) and Sony 55HX750 TV (3D active shutter, just have to use the TV's 3D menu to select Side By Side mode), just as I do with my other MKV's. They actually look pretty good.
Mark_Venture is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 17:28   #1034  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
Sorry I'm late to the party, but...

I'm playing 3d SBS mkv's over my home network via my LG BD570 (few year old 2D bluray player) and Sony 55HX750 TV (3D active shutter, just have to use the TV's 3D menu to select Side By Side mode), just as I do with my other MKV's. They actually look pretty good.
I've been looking at it this week. It looks like I can add the feature pretty easily. But, since the required DLLs are copyrighted I can't include them with BD-RB. But I can make it possible to browse for the required dll's if they are already installed and enable 3D SBS encoding (similar to the way you browse for DGDecNV now).

I went to the 3dtv.at site and bought the MVCtoAVI application so I have a legal copy of the CoreAVC DLLs (it's only 19 Euros) -- and I tested come conversions using AVISYNTH and X264. It looks good, and it's easy to make SBS, Over/Under, and Anaglyph output from a 3D source.

You'll likely see it in the next release. That way you can backup 3D discs (as SBS) or make MKVs directly from BD-RB.

I'm thinking about picking up a Visio TV with passive Theater 3D playback so I can do testing/watching of 3D. The reviews I've read online are pretty good and the price is right. Anyone out there own one or have experience with it?

Last edited by jdobbs; 12th March 2013 at 17:35.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 20:31   #1035  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
...You'll likely see it in the next release. That way you can backup 3D discs (as SBS) or make MKVs directly from BD-RB...

...I'm thinking about picking up a Visio TV with passive Theater 3D playback so I can do testing/watching of 3D. The reviews I've read online are pretty good and the price is right. Anyone out there own one or have experience with it?
Thank you for taking the time to add this feature!!!!

As for Vizio.. If you are focusing on budget only then it might not be bad. But if you're looking at it for your every day tv, etc... then I'd suggest you hit avsforums.com and do some reading.. They generally look at Vizio as being poor quality (build & picture), not long lasting, etc. BUT I haven't read up on every Vizio model, so its possible there might be a few good models from them too.

Right now, as you probably know, its change of model year for many electronics vendors. Sony, Samsung, LG, and others have discontinued their 2012 sets, and their 2013 are hitting the shelves in the next few weeks and months. SO you can get some good deals on 2012 left overs.
Old 13th March 2013, 02:07   #1036  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
Thank you for taking the time to add this feature!!!!

As for Vizio.. If you are focusing on budget only then it might not be bad. But if you're looking at it for your every day tv, etc... then I'd suggest you hit avsforums.com and do some reading.. They generally look at Vizio as being poor quality (build & picture), not long lasting, etc. BUT I haven't read up on every Vizio model, so its possible there might be a few good models from them too.

Right now, as you probably know, its change of model year for many electronics vendors. Sony, Samsung, LG, and others have discontinued their 2012 sets, and their 2013 are hitting the shelves in the next few weeks and months. SO you can get some good deals on 2012 left overs.
I went to Costco and compared several. I didn't like the passive 3D on the LG and Visio modes. They use alternating scan-lines for the two pictures -- and you can really see the edges between the images. I decided to go for a Samsung with active shutter glasses. Man... the glasses they provide work fine -- but they look and feel so cheap. Would it be that hard to provide some decent glasses?

Last edited by jdobbs; 13th March 2013 at 02:10.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 03:23   #1037  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
I went to Costco and compared several. I didn't like the passive 3D on the LG and Visio modes. They use alternating scan-lines for the two pictures -- and you can really see the edges between the images. I decided to go for a Samsung with active shutter glasses. Man... the glasses they provide work fine -- but they look and feel so cheap. Would it be that hard to provide some decent glasses?
Active shutter is generally considered better. I read why once, but I can't remember.

The glasses are more expensive for active, and you have to charge them, but it looks good, and seems brighter too.

Samsungs have pretty good picture. I think you'll be happier it with it than if you would have got a Vizio or LG.
Old 13th March 2013, 09:36   #1038  |  Link
Nico8583

Thanks jdobbs to add this feature
I'm making tests to see differences between AviSynth resize filters (Lanczos, Spline...) and also to see differences between SBS and TB...
Have you tried angle with Ice Age 4 ?
Nico8583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2013, 19:04   #1039  |  Link
brunchto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico8583 View Post
Thanks jdobbs to add this feature
I'm making tests to see differences between AviSynth resize filters (Lanczos, Spline...) and also to see differences between SBS and TB...
Have you tried angle with Ice Age 4 ?
no changes... but i have tested something. from my ISO image (full rip), i've made a full backup with BDRB to a new ISO. if i mount this ISO, then use BDRB, then i can select angles and make a movie only backup with the right angle.
I've tested with ice age 3. Can you try this with ice age 4?
brunchto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2013, 19:23   #1040  |  Link
setarip_old

Wearing glasses to watch a 3D movie - It's amazing that the studios and TV and other hardware manufacturers can con "leading edge consumers" into spending money on what is essentially 1950s technology.

I went to the movie theater in 1953 to be "amazed" at watching Vincent Price in the original "House of Wax" with cardboard anaglyph glasses! The headache that followed wan't appreciated.

Granted, the current versions of glasses and hardware (passive or active) are an improvement but, in my opinion represent something that the world can do without - until a 3D system that doesn't require glasses becomes the norm...