Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 26th May 2012, 00:53   #15141  |  Link
Revgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
Does this happen as soon as you launch BD-Rebuilder? If so, then try renaming your BDRebuilder.ini file to something else and see if that helps it get past the initialization hurdle.
There is no BDRebuilder.ini file in my download archive. And none is created when I start the program. It just gives the error as soon as I double-click.

Curly: Burned at the stake!

Moe: Why?

Curly: A hot steak is always better than a cold chop.
Revgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 01:55   #15142  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revgen View Post
There is no BDRebuilder.ini file in my download archive. And none is created when I start the program. It just gives the error as soon as I double-click.
Hmm, I don't understand. Previously you stated:

Quote:
It doesn't seem to matter where I put the working directory or which drive I put it on
You don't assign a working folder until AFTER BD-Rebuilder runs for the first time. Now you are saying that the program never starts at all.

To be clear:

1. you unzip the archive file into a folder on your hardrive. It doesn't matter where you put it ("C:/temp/BDRebuilder" might be a good spot for trial purposes.
2. You have to unzip it so that it retains the directory structure of the zipped archive. I don't think that you can't just unzip the entire contents into the same folder, since some helper apps exist in the subfolder locations.
3. When it runs the first time it will create the BDRebuilder.ini file in the same folder as the BDRebuilder.exe file.
4. Anti virus programs may interfere with launching a new, unknown *.exe file. Do you have any full-time AV running .

Let us know if this needs to be clarified more.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 02:30   #15143  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revgen View Post
Sounds like you've unzipped to a folder that needs additional privileges for writing...
Old 26th May 2012, 09:56   #15144  |  Link
Revgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Sounds like you've unzipped to a folder that needs additional privileges for writing...
This is my home computer. I installed the OS, so it would be strange that I'd have limited privileges.

Anyhoo, I used CACLS on the entire folder. No luck.

My command line was

Code:
cacls "E:\BD_Rebuilder" /e /t /p users:f
Any other suggestions?

EDIT:

I turned off anti-virus and anti-spyware too. No luck there either.

Last edited by Revgen; 26th May 2012 at 10:29.
Old 26th May 2012, 10:11   #15145  |  Link
AmigaFuture

A "working directory" could be a way of describing where the archive is being extracted. A friend of mine says it a lot. Not that it's a setting being set within the program AFTER extraction. Which Jdobbs is probably correct about.

Revgen: If you're using Windows 7, and you've saved the file to some other location than Desktop...try coping the file to the Desktop or re-downloading to Desktop. Windows 7/Vista treats privileges different than XP. Then extract it. Technical support can miss simple steps by being too technical. Hehe. A friend of mine helps Me remember that, often. I hope that's the case here.
Old 26th May 2012, 10:28   #15146  |  Link
Revgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
A "working directory" could be a way of describing where the archive is being extracted. A friend of mine says it a lot. Not that it's a setting being set within the program AFTER extraction. Which Jdobbs is probably correct about.

Revgen: If you're using Windows 7, and you've saved the file to some other location than Desktop...try coping the file to the Desktop or re-downloading to Desktop. Windows 7/Vista treats privileges different than XP. Then extract it. Technical support can miss simple steps by being too technical. Hehe. A friend of mine helps Me remember that, often. I hope that's the case here.
I'm using WinXP SP3. But thanks for the info on Win 7. I'll remember that when I upgrade.

Old 26th May 2012, 10:37   #15147  |  Link
Revgen

Quote:
Hmm, I don't understand. Previously you stated:

You don't assign a working folder until AFTER BD-Rebuilder runs for the first time. Now you are saying that the program never starts at all.

To be clear:

1. you unzip the archive file into a folder on your hardrive. It doesn't matter where you put it ("C:/temp/BDRebuilder" might be a good spot for trial purposes.
2. You have to unzip it so that it retains the directory structure of the zipped archive. I don't think that you can't just unzip the entire contents into the same folder, since some helper apps exist in the subfolder locations.
3. When it runs the first time it will create the BDRebuilder.ini file in the same folder as the BDRebuilder.exe file.
4. Anti virus programs may interfere with launching a new, unknown *.exe file. Do you have any full-time AV running .

Let us know if this needs to be clarified more.
I unzipped the folder to various drives. The program doesn't work no matter where I unzip it to. All anti-virus programs are turned off and I ran CACLS on the folder just in case it's a write permissions issue as jdobbs suggested.

Old 26th May 2012, 10:39   #15148  |  Link
AmigaFuture

You're welcome. It has been a while since I've seen CACLS, so I used Google, and I then knew you were using XP. I may test your encounter with my XP partition this weekend as I have an XP SP3 install. At the moment, my recommendation is to re-download the file. Possible corrupt archive since you typed the INI is not there. What are you using to view/extract the Archive? I use WinRAR for everything; which is also great for dealing with permissions.
Old 26th May 2012, 10:43   #15149  |  Link
AmigaFuture

You may have unarchived the archive to different drives...but to make things easier at the moment, what happens when you extract the archive to the Desktop? I'm trying to remove Any possible Bad OS installs, and other things by asking.
Old 26th May 2012, 10:48   #15150  |  Link
Revgen

Extracted to Desktop using WinRAR. No luck. Same problem.

EDIT

I redownloaded using DownThemAll instead of Firefox's default downloader. Same problem.

Old 26th May 2012, 11:01   #15151  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Okay...Yup, I'm tired at the moment. Wow. The config file isn't in the archive. It's made After the first time it's run, correctly. You extract the archive with WinRAR to the Desktop. You'll get a directory called "BD_Rebuilder" from the archive BD-RBV04009.zip.
Within that directory, BD_Rebuilder double click the file BDRB. The INI should be made and you should see the program.
Old 26th May 2012, 11:06   #15152  |  Link
AmigaFuture

I wouldn't use a download manager at this point until you know things are functioning as they should. Just use Firefox as per normal.
Old 26th May 2012, 11:12   #15153  |  Link
hifreak

I have problems with low fps always on second pass not even 10 fps per second. My computer is new I7 2700K and I have 8GB of memeory, so I donīt believe it is my hardware who cause the problem. Here is my settings:

[Options]
VERSION=0.40.0.9
MODE=2
ENCODE_QUALITY=2
Movies shorter than 100 minutes, (almost) no grain) = "TWEAK_PASS_TWO=--filter -1,-1 --no-psy --aq-mode 0 --no-mbtree
Movies shorter than 100 minutes, grainy) = "TWEAK_PASS_TWO=--filter -3,-3 --aq-mode 0 --no-mbtree
Movies between 100 and 130 minutes, (almost) no grain) = "TWEAK_PASS_TWO=--filter -2,-2 --me umh --merange 32
Movies between 100 and 130 minutes, grainy) = "TWEAK_PASS_TWO=--filter -3,-3 --me umh --merange 32 --trellis 2
Movies longer than 130 minutes, (almost) no grain) = "TWEAK_PASS_TWO=--filter -3,-3 --me umh --subme 10 --merange 64 --b-adapt 2 --trellis 2
Movies longer than 130 minutes, grainy) = "TWEAK_PASS_TWO=--filter -3,-3 --me umh --subme 10 --merange 64 --b-adapt 2 --trellis 2 --psy-rd 1.0:0.15
ONEPASS_ENCODING=0
AUTO_QUALITY=0
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=chi;dan;eng;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=all
SD_CONVERT=0
OPEN_GOP=0
RESIZE_1080=0
DEINTERLACE=1
SD_TO_1080=0
CONVERT_WIDE=0
DTS_REENCODE=0
AC3_REENCODE=0
AC3_640=1
AC3_192=0
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1
AVCHD=1
REMOVE_WORKFILES=1
MOVIE_ONLY_LOOP=1
REMOVE_OUTPUT=0
USE_FILTERS=0
BDMV_CERT_ONLY=0
USE_LAVF=1
IVTC_PULLDOWN=1
ASSUME_DVD_PAL=0
UNMASK_CHAPTER=0
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=0
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=0
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=24500
TARGET_SIZE=23500
AUTO_BURN=2
MOVIEONLY_TYPE=0
ALTCRF=20
ALT_TARGET=1000
ALTMETHOD=0
ALTAUTOCROP=0
COMPLETION_BEEP=0
PRIORITY_CLASS=0
DGDECNV=0
WORKING_PATH=D:\BD-RBV04009\BD_REBUILDER\WORKING\
SOURCE_PATH=D:
hifreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 11:14   #15154  |  Link
AmigaFuture

@Revgen

When using WinRAR from the Desktop, Right-Click on the archive and a list will show. Left-Click "Extract here". The directory "BD_Rebuider" will be made and all files need are within it.
If you want to use XP's Internal Zip Handling.. Double click the archive. XP will display the contents of the archive. Drag And Drop the directory BD_Rebuilder to your Desktop (for now). Once extracted, locate it, double click the new directory and then BDRB. You should see the program running soon after if your XP install is functioning correctly. :-)

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 26th May 2012 at 11:27.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 12:31   #15155  |  Link
jdobbs

@hifreak

What does your system do on pass 2 if you remove the tweaks? If it's better, than the tweak is the problem.

Either way, it is definitely not the software. One other probable cause is that your system is overheating and the processor is slowing itself down to control the heat. Run a monitor (like CPUID HWMonitor) while encoding pass 2 -- if you see the CPU voltages drop during encoding, then that's why you are slow.
Old 26th May 2012, 12:36   #15156  |  Link
hifreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
@hifreak

What does your system do on pass 2 if you remove the tweaks? If it's better, than the tweak is the problem.

Either way, it is definitely not the software. One other probable cause is that your system is overheating and the processor is slowing itself down to control the heat. Run a monitor (like CPUID HWMonitor) while encoding pass 2 -- if you see the CPU voltages drop during encoding, then that's why you are slow.
Ok I will try to monitor I maybe have a feeling that it can be the heat now you mentioned that.
Old 26th May 2012, 12:48   #15157  |  Link
hifreak

I tried to monitor with Aida64 while I am running the 2 pass. Is it too hot I donīt think so right?

Old 26th May 2012, 13:30   #15158  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifreak View Post
I tried to monitor with Aida64 while I am running the 2 pass. Is it too hot I donīt think so right?
No, your temps certainly don't seem to be a problem.

A couple of other questions:
1. What is the CPU % usage during pass 2?
2. What quality setting are you using? I run an i7-950, mildly overclocked, and (just from memory here) I think I usually get around mid-teens for pass 2 FPS. If I swithced to "very high" then I wouldn't be surprised to see 10 FPS or less.
3. Maybe post your log too. I'm not saying that would contain the answer, but we'd have a more complete picture anyway.
Old 26th May 2012, 13:34   #15159  |  Link
hifreak

Quote:
No, your temps certainly don't seem to be a problem.

A couple of other questions:
1. What is the CPU % usage during pass 2?
2. What quality setting are you using? I run an i7-950, mildly overclocked, and (just from memory here) I think I usually get around mid-teens for pass 2 FPS. If I swithced to "very high" then I wouldn't be surprised to see 10 FPS or less.
3. Maybe post your log too. I'm not saying that would contain the answer, but we'd have a more complete picture anyway.
I run high quality, but my CPU usage is very high 99-100 percent and I donīt have any other big things running. Is that normal?

Last edited by hifreak; 26th May 2012 at 13:38.
Old 26th May 2012, 13:41   #15160  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifreak View Post
I run high quality, bu my CPU usage is very high 99-100 percent and I donīt have any other bigs running. Is that normal?
CPU usage SHOULD be around 100%, so that is certainly normal.

I'm not particularly familiar with the 2700K, but I imagine that if I removed my overclock my FPS would drop to the 10 FPS range. So I wouldn't think that anything major is broken in your system. Try disabling the tweaks, as per JDobbs suggestion, and see if that makes any difference.