Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Closed Thread

Old 22nd April 2016, 08:00   #1441  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainik_svp View Post
If it was my decision, I'd better took one solid and cross-platform core that's already here (e.g. vapoursynth ) and just add a complete Avisynth API around it (which is already done (?) from the plugins PoV) plus an Avisynth script parser.
I really don't get what's the point in existence of three different half-working frame servers...
It would be faster to get AviSynth+ 100% working than to finish implementing such a bridge.

Plus VapourSynth doesn't support audio processing yet, nor can it be integrated with ffdshow.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but VapourSynth still needs a lot of work to be a replacement to AviSynth.
Old 22nd April 2016, 08:13   #1442  |  Link
chainik_svp

We're talking about Avisynth+ port for Linux
Old 22nd April 2016, 13:56   #1443  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

Quote:
We're talking about Avisynth+ port for Linux
Oh... for Linux. Getting into politics here.

Would all the standard AviSynth filters work on Linux or have to be rewritten and recompiled?

My opinion is that if all the plugins would work on Linux, porting AviSynth+ to Linux would be a great idea. If the plugins are window-specific, then the development may be better spent on VapourSynth.

Based on my limited C understanding, I do believe most plugins are limited to Windows but could be made cross-platform quite easily. Except my AviSynthShader that is and will always remain Windows-only (unless someone wants to port the dead DX9 API to Linux?)

All GPU-accelerated plugins may require more work to port.
Old 22nd April 2016, 14:21   #1444  |  Link
pinterf

New AVS+ build: r1849 and vdubfilter.dll

x64/x86, including XP versions

r1849 MT-pfmod (20160422)
- Tweak internal FrameRegistry
- [VDubFilter.dll] Fix: VirtualDub filter x64 crash
- [VDubFilter.dll] Add: VirtualDub filter parameter type double

This build primarily aims to fix virtualdub x64 issues. Special thanks to jpsdr for providing the test environment.

Although avisynth.dll was not affected, since r1847 I put a minor tweak into the FrameRegistry logic (list->vector internally), sometimes it was faster a bit. So I included it also.

Download r1849 and vdubfilter.dll:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fb...-vdubfilter.7z
or
https://github.com/pinterf/AviSynthP...r1849-MT-pfmod
Old 22nd April 2016, 19:38   #1445  |  Link
jackoneill
unsigned int

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryX View Post
It would be faster to get AviSynth+ 100% working than to finish implementing such a bridge.

Plus VapourSynth doesn't support audio processing yet, nor can it be integrated with ffdshow.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but VapourSynth still needs a lot of work to be a replacement to AviSynth.
Wasn't ffdshow abandoned by the maintainer, hence the need for lavfilters?
Old 22nd April 2016, 20:22   #1446  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
Why? neither gcc nor clang requires that...
Clang may not require it, but GCC definitely does if you want a binary that's usable on anything older than the newest SIMD instruction set used in the intrinsics. Which means that AVX/AVX2 paths could not be added to the filters as soon as they're ready, because it would make CPUs older than Sandy Bridge/Haswell unable to run GCC builds of AviSynth+.

http://www.virtualdub.org/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=363

The 'workaround' for that (by littering __attribute__ or #pragma overrides throughout the file) is entirely either GCC-specific or messy, and thus, ineligible from how I understand the project coding guidelines. Not because it wouldn't work, but because it would also mean potentially adding tons of ifdefs just to make sure MSVC doesn't choke on them.

The only option that leaves us with is to split the intrinsics per-SIMD into discrete files, and then use the build system to add the correct -mSIMD flags when building the files that need them and omit them otherwise. In fact, x265 did just what I described when they still relied on intrinsics rather than on yasm. Several autotools-based projects in the FFmpeg dependency chain also segregate their intrinsics this way, likely for the exact same reason(s).

The thing that actually causes the problem is the inclusion of the intrinsics headers, which require the application of the -mSIMD flags in order to not fail compilation. But applying those project-wide means that codepaths that don't even use those SIMD sets will get optimized by the compiler for those sets, and become unable to run on anything lower. And the way to apply them per-file is to make sure the intrinsics are split into separate files so they don't contaminate each other.

At which point it might as well be stated that GCC won't be supported, only Clang (if it doesn't require these contortions to make the intrinsics and runtime detection work right).
Old 22nd April 2016, 20:46   #1447  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
Oh... for Linux. Getting into politics here.

Would all the standard AviSynth filters work on Linux or have to be rewritten and recompiled?

My opinion is that if all the plugins would work on Linux, porting AviSynth+ to Linux would be a great idea. If the plugins are window-specific, then the development may be better spent on VapourSynth.

Based on my limited C understanding, I do believe most plugins are limited to Windows but could be made cross-platform quite easily. Except my AviSynthShader that is and will always remain Windows-only (unless someone wants to port the dead DX9 API to Linux?)

All GPU-accelerated plugins may require more work to port.
Even if no plugins could be ported to Linux*, getting AviSynth+ cross-platform is necessary to get AvxSynth out of the way for good and have a singular up to date AviSynth implementation that FFmpeg or x264 can use on non-Windows. AvxSynth has all its assembly disabled (some filters don't even work right) and is limited by the same constraints as AviSynth 2.5.8; it has a use, but it's severely limited and was mostly important because it made sure the libavformat demuxer for AviSynth was rewritten correctly. AviSynth+ wouldn't suffer from any of those problems, since the first release on a non-Windows OS would already incorporate the intrinsics, multithreading, and 2.6 colorspaces, and probably even get >8bit not long after if the effort was there.

*which is far from true; most plugins don't rely on Windows system calls (something IanB mentioned in the AvxSynth thread, as part of a musing that a thunking layer could make the Windows plugin *.dlls usable on Linux without recompiling them) and would only need to be able to be built by GCC or Clang with some fixes for how Linux expects libraries to act. And there's always the option of adding AviSynth+ interfaces to existing VapourSynth plugins that work better than their old AviSynth counterparts on Windows.

Last edited by qyot27; 22nd April 2016 at 20:49.
Old 22nd April 2016, 20:47   #1448  |  Link
pinterf

Huh, it's not easy. I'd better stay in the background regarding any multiplatform things. Two month ago I even could not recognize that these codes were written in CPP. It was in 2000 when I was last using C In DOS I didn't need fancy constructor syntaxes. So I just listen and learn.
Old 23rd April 2016, 18:46   #1449  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

OK I've done some testing. The most stable with SVP is to use SVP 4.0.0.60 and MPC-HC 1.7.9 with AviSynth+. The latest SVP appears to crash more, so does MPC-HC 1.7.10 (maybe?)

After loading 20-30 videos in MPC-HC while playing with SVP, the player will freeze which requires to kill the process manually.
Old 23rd April 2016, 19:05   #1450  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
OK I've done some testing. The most stable with SVP is to use SVP 4.0.0.60 and MPC-HC 1.7.9 with AviSynth+. The latest SVP appears to crash more, so does MPC-HC 1.7.10 (maybe?)

After loading 20-30 videos in MPC-HC while playing with SVP, the player will freeze which requires to kill the process manually.
What's the point of this post? Avisynth cannot magically fix the SVP and/or mpc bugs.

Also, have a look at this thread. I'd refuse to look into anything related to SVP.

Last edited by Groucho2004; 23rd April 2016 at 19:11.
Old 24th April 2016, 06:17   #1451  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

It's hard to identify where the bug is coming from when there are various components linked.

I've also been getting freezes on load when loading simple AVS+ scripts without SVP, although I haven't tried this latest version but I don't think the bug has been resolved since the last stable build.

As for that thread, I refuse to go into GPL politics here.
Old 24th April 2016, 07:02   #1452  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

OK I did some more testing. I have this script file.

Code:
P="Encoder\"
LoadPlugin(P+"LSMASHSource.dll")
LoadPlugin(P+"TimeStretch.dll")
file="INNA - Endless.mkv"
LWLibavVideoSource(file, cache=false)
AudioDub(LWLibavAudioSource(file, cache=false))
ResampleAudio(48000)
TimeStretchPlugin(pitch = 100.0 * 0.98181819915771484)
I drag/drop it into MPC-HC 1.7.9 repeatedly. It froze at the second loading. Then I killed the process and tried again, and it froze again at the 6th loading.
Old 24th April 2016, 07:38   #1453  |  Link
pinterf

Well, this is a usable report. Thank you. 32 or 64 bit?
Old 24th April 2016, 08:05   #1454  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

32 bit.

I may have a different version of L-SMASH Source but I don't think it will change anything.
Old 25th April 2016, 08:05   #1455  |  Link
pinterf

Prefetch(100) nightly MT stress-test.
15 cycles, w/o problem

Script:
Code:
SetFilterMTMode("DEFAULT_MT_MODE",2)
SetFilterMTMode("AviSource",3)
SetMemoryMax(6000) 
Avisource("Tape02_Hi8.avi").killaudio().assumefps(25,1)
AssumeBFF()
QTGMC(Preset="Fast")
prefetch(100)
Typical output:
Code:
AVSMeter 2.2.2 (x64)
AviSynth+ 0.1 (r1849, MT-pfmod, x86_64) (0.1.0.0)

Number of frames:               278762
Length (hh:mm:ss.ms):     01:32:55.240
Frame width:                       720
Frame height:                      576
Framerate:                      50.000 (50/1)
Colorspace:                       YV12

Frames processed:               278762 (0 - 278761)
FPS (min | max | average):      3.365 | 1226976 | 110.3
Memory usage (phys | virt):     4773 | 4950 MiB
Thread count:                   918
CPU usage (average):            96%

Time (elapsed):                 00:42:06.507
Old 25th April 2016, 08:24   #1456  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinterf View Post
Prefetch(100) nightly MT stress-test.
15 cycles, w/o problem
That's quite impressive! Nicely done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinterf View Post
Code:
Thread count:                   918
Yikes.
Old 25th April 2016, 08:29   #1457  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Code:
Avisource("Tape02_Hi8.avi").killaudio()
Maybe easier:

Code:
Avisource("Tape02_Hi8.avi", audio=false)

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
Old 25th April 2016, 13:13   #1458  |  Link
pinterf

Quote:
OK I did some more testing. I have this script file.

Code:
P="Encoder\"
LoadPlugin(P+"LSMASHSource.dll")
LoadPlugin(P+"TimeStretch.dll")
file="INNA - Endless.mkv"
LWLibavVideoSource(file, cache=false)
AudioDub(LWLibavAudioSource(file, cache=false))
ResampleAudio(48000)
TimeStretchPlugin(pitch = 100.0 * 0.98181819915771484)
I drag/drop it into MPC-HC 1.7.9 repeatedly. It froze at the second loading. Then I killed the process and tried again, and it froze again at the 6th loading.
Tried with
- MPC-HC 32 bit 1.7.9 and 1.7.10
- TimeStretchPlugin found here:
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/TimeStr...#Audio_Filters
linked to here
http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...2&postcount=20
- LSMASHSource.dll
LSMASHSource-AviSynth-plugin-r859-msvc-32bit.7z
and
LSMASHSource-AviSynth-plugin-r877-msvc-32bit.7z
- Avs+ 1841 and 1849 (32 bit)

No freeze here.

Which version of LSMASHSource are you using?
Maybe you could send me the source mkv, or you can trim it if it is too large (and the trimmed version also produces the freeze)
Old 25th April 2016, 16:20   #1459  |  Link
Leinad4Mind
Please, DeInterlace me!

Hi there, I've installed avisynth+. I've windows 7 x64.
I'm trying just to do the basic of the basics. To be able to run FFVideoSource, but I got the message "There is no function".

I got here the ffms2: https://github.com/FFMS/ffms2/releases

If I use the folder plugins, and put the x86 version on it, all runs well.
BUT, if I put the x64 dll on the plugins64, it doesn't work, why? (I am trying to work with the fastest plugins, for the same results)

And I've a clean install, so if I put x86 ffms2 on plugins+, it will work too. But which is the difference between plugins and plugins+?(I presume the + will be faster?) How do I know it will work on plugins+? (just testing it?)
But for 64 bits, I am not able to put this working. If I put only the ffms2 x64 version on the plugins64 or plugins64+ it doesnt work :/
And where can I find plugins for plugins+? And for x64?

Cheers!

Last edited by Leinad4Mind; 25th April 2016 at 16:40.
Old 25th April 2016, 16:43   #1460  |  Link
qyot27
...?

plugins+ is intended to be for AviSynth+-specific plugins. Currently, there really aren't any because the AviSynth+ API hasn't matured yet and developing plugins against it is still officially discouraged. The plugins built from the AviSynth+ source code are a plausible set to place there, but in the end it really doesn't matter - the reason for the directory separation was for cleanliness (because unlike classic AviSynth, avsplus can use multiple plugin directories), not for some magical purpose.
Closed Thread