Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 10th August 2018, 17:37   #27601  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

perhaps but i don't have an 8700k, so while thanks for trying to help. It's no use, different cpu and you're not doing what i'm doing. Which is FULL DISC backup to BD25. I'm waiting on a new brdb build that should have a switch for SEI data
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2018, 19:29   #27602  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
perhaps but i don't have an 8700k, so while thanks for trying to help. It's no use, different cpu and you're not doing what i'm doing. Which is FULL DISC backup to BD25. I'm waiting on a new brdb build that should have a switch for SEI data
Yeah, as mentioned in the other thread, I was unsuccessful with my 6700k (most of the MKV file was black).. so I figured I'd try it now that the upgrade is in place and working..

I did run a "Full backup" w/Quicker Extras too... I just didn't burn it to disc yet... the M2TS files played with VLC on my PC look ok...

I used Avatar 3D, only took an hour which is crazy fast for a 3D Bluray in BD-Rebuilder.
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2018, 19:56   #27603  |  Link
Blurayhd

Hi all, time ago I asked some related but I dont get it clear, I really wonder how many people here use a laptop for encoding with Bd Rebuider? my laptop extract the hot air by the back, I have an i5 7200U 2.50 / 2.70 with 8gb ddr4 Windows 10 and recently I just open my laptop to clean any dust and I change the original thermal paste for the Artic MX4 so you dont have idea how much I need to use my laptop for encoding BD50 to BD25 with BD rebuilder but the hardware have to cross may hours to do that and I really worry about it

So, what you think?

Please excuse me my english is not my first language but I tryng to do my best

have a nice day!!

Last edited by Blurayhd; 10th August 2018 at 19:59.
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2018, 20:18   #27604  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

If it only has an Intel embedded gpu, any laptop isn't really fit for ANY TYPE of video encoding

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2018, 21:28   #27605  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
If it only has an Intel embedded gpu, any laptop isn't really fit for ANY TYPE of video encoding

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk
Dear Ch3vr0n first thank you for answer, I know some friends that using his laptop for work and they use Premiere for encoding for hours and have an i3 with maybe 4gb and when I asked him for the hardware, etc they never pay attention for really and just works without any problems and for that is my curiousity

Time ago I tried with some other third program to encode from HD to DVD and I tried almost 2 hours and this program that I used said using Intel HD GPU for encoding" without any kind of problem and I did it because I was give a try for make sure before use the best for me Be rebuiilder but still need some opinions

Last edited by Blurayhd; 10th August 2018 at 21:33.
Old 11th August 2018, 18:59   #27606  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
So, what you think?
Hi,

the most important thing (when using a Laptop) for CPU intensive tasks is the cooling. And that's where you will find big differences. I'm still using a 6 year old i5-4200M for 50% of my encodes. Never had a single issue with it. OK, it is slower than my desktop but I don't care. Even running batches of a whole series with 2 dozens episodes is running fine. 20 hours under full load...no problem.
I do not say that this will work with any laptop hardware but if it is designed for performance I do not see a reason not to use it for BD-RB.

Low Budget Laptops won't have high-performance cooling parts. Therefore it is possible you'll find some parts soldered out after some hours 100% load due to missing ablity to blow out the heat Had this with a former laptop after running DVD Rebuilder 8 (!) years non stop ...

ggtop

Last edited by ggtop; 11th August 2018 at 19:07.
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2018, 19:35   #27607  |  Link
houzer

Can't remove Director's comments (audio and video) from BD with BD-RB. I've tried several different settings, like not including various subtitles, including not including any sub-titles. Am I missing something? BD-RB v.0.50.25 The comments don't play in the rip, only after running it through BD-RB.
TIA
houzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2018, 20:09   #27608  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by houzer View Post
Can't remove Director's comments (audio and video) from BD with BD-RB. I've tried several different settings, like not including various subtitles, including not including any sub-titles. Am I missing something? BD-RB v.0.50.25 The comments don't play in the rip, only after running it through BD-RB.
TIA
Sounds like you just need to use the 'Edit Mode & Manual Blanking' where you can choose the m2ts file that has the video commentary and blank it. I believe that you have to have these enabled in your configuration file:

ENABLE_TEST=1
ENABLE_BLANKING=1
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2018, 22:59   #27609  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by houzer View Post
TIA
I'd need to see your log. From your post I can't even tell what kind of backup you are doing. You should be able to choose to keep or remove any audio stream or subtitle by double clicking on the item in the streams list.
Old 14th August 2018, 22:16   #27610  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Extra from "Role Models".

I'm having BD-RB make an Alternative MKV of extras..and I noticed this. It doesn't matter which Decoder is used. I've now disabled MULTIPROCESS. Check that.

Code:
[08/13/18] BD Rebuilder v0.50.25
[17:39:23] Source:  ROLE_MODELS_[UNRATED]_00100
  - Input BD size: 5.84 GB
  - Approximate total content: [00:49:49.819]
  - Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
  - MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
  - Mode: MKV, Intact Video, Intact Audio
  - Quality: Good (Very Fast)
  - Decoding/Frame serving: DGDecNV [3-way]
  - Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[17:39:25] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [17:39:25] Processing: VID_00361 (1 of 81)
 - [17:39:25] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00361]
 - [17:39:33] Reencoding video [VID_00361]
 - [17:39:33] Keeping original video (no reencode)

[...All goes well...]

- [17:47:02] Reencoding video [VID_00442]
 - [17:47:02] Keeping original video (no reencode)
[17:47:03]PHASE ONE complete
[17:47:03]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
 - [17:47:03] Building ALTERNATE OUTPUT Structure
 - Failed in attempt to multiplex: MUX_MOVIE_ONLY.meta
 - Not enought buffer for parse video stream. Current frame num 0
[17:49:24] - Failed to REBUILD
The work-around is it make a BD Movie-Only BD then make MKV.
Old 14th August 2018, 22:56   #27611  |  Link
jdobbs

That error message is coming from TSMUXER. Usually it means that some part of the source is corrupt. The odd part is that it appears to have demuxed from the original stream ok, but is finding an issue when it tries to remux. The fact that it works after remuxing via movie only is odd too. Can you zip up the entire log and post it (I know it will be long with 81 parts). I'd also like to see the .meta file from the working folder.

Last edited by jdobbs; 14th August 2018 at 23:00.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2018, 02:11   #27612  |  Link
AmigaFuture

You're really be bossy, boss man. Hehe. As you requested. Didn't keep what I posted, so repeated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Role Models (Requested Files).zip (32.7 KB, 30 views)
Old 15th August 2018, 12:22   #27613  |  Link
MrVideo

Going to a new mobo has not totally solved the issues. To wit, the following error showed up, twice in a row:
Code:
CreateQuickMenu() 00076 4000
The first of two menus was created, but it dies on the 2nd menu.

The thing is, before I changed one of the MKV files, it worked.

Update: Just did it with the original files. No go.

Update #2: In frustration I rebooted. Have I ever mentioned that I hate M$? That fixed the issue. What does the error above mean? I tried thread search for CreateQuickMenu, but all I got back was this posting and two others, unrelated to this. I must have had a different menu creation error with the previous mobo. I do not remember what it was.

Last edited by MrVideo; 15th August 2018 at 13:46.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2018, 14:46   #27614  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Going to a new mobo has not totally solved the issues. To wit, the following error showed up, twice in a row:
Code:
CreateQuickMenu() 00076 4000
The first of two menus was created, but it dies on the 2nd menu.

The thing is, before I changed one of the MKV files, it worked.

Update: Just did it with the original files. No go.

Update #2: In frustration I rebooted. Have I ever mentioned that I hate M$? That fixed the issue. What does the error above mean? I tried thread search for CreateQuickMenu, but all I got back was this posting and two others, unrelated to this. I must have had a different menu creation error with the previous mobo. I do not remember what it was.
Error 76 means "path not found". The "4000" is just a progress indicator that narrows down (in the code) where the error occured. Looking at the code there, a guess might be that the menu audio or picture path was inaccessible at the time it ran. Either that or the path to X264 or the TMP folder used for encoding the picture.

Last edited by jdobbs; 15th August 2018 at 14:53.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2018, 14:52   #27615  |  Link
AmigaFuture

I stopped hating M$ years ago, it only adds to bothersome mental blockages. Ha. MS isn't my favorite it all, even more so since the release of 8 and 10 (Fugly and clunky; though memory management is better..still not worth using daily). I'm thinking that's a "file lock" error?

Update: OOpps..was beat by JD. :-)

@ JD

Pardon, do you also want the BD creation and MKV creation logs/files for the Extra work-around?

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 15th August 2018 at 15:12. Reason: Update
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2018, 18:35   #27616  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Error 76 means "path not found". The "4000" is just a progress indicator that narrows down (in the code) where the error occured. Looking at the code there, a guess might be that the menu audio or picture path was inaccessible at the time it ran. Either that or the path to X264 or the TMP folder used for encoding the picture.
Weird, considering that it just did menu #1.
Old 16th August 2018, 01:11   #27617  |  Link
Blurayhd

Hi all, I just finish encode my backup of Star Wars The Last jedi, I´m a very fan and I like the menu, so I keep the trueHD English and Spanish (my first language) and I setup Bd rebuilder to encode the best quality Very slow (as always do) but when Bd rebuilder finish the encoding I wacth the result on my tv LED and I dont know if is just me or the image could be several reduce because the Truehd that size is 5.272.670.208? What do you say? I need to encode it with DTS with less size?

Maybe an audio track size 5.272.670.208 (keeping the HD intact) is too much for an encode of 25gb?

Anyway I dont know, some people at home says the image is amazing, but like I said I dont, maybe is the grain? maybe is the movie?

Last edited by Blurayhd; 16th August 2018 at 01:15.
Old 16th August 2018, 01:42   #27618  |  Link
MrVideo

The menu creation error happened yet again. It gets through the creation of menu #1, but as soon as it tries to do #2, it errors out. Obviously all of the pieces needed to create the menu are there, otherwise it wouldn't be able to do #1. There has to be a way to trap the error and bring up a "Try Again" dialog box.

This time around, instead of rebooting, I tried again. It made it this time. Instead of starting over, it would be great if BDRB would notice that it never really finished the previous project and take up there it left off, i.e., the creation of menu #2. Of course BDRB would need to ask to continue or start over.

There has to be a way.
Old 16th August 2018, 02:09   #27619  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
Hi all, I just finish encode my backup of Star Wars The Last jedi, I´m a very fan and I like the menu, so I keep the trueHD English and Spanish (my first language) and I setup Bd rebuilder to encode the best quality Very slow (as always do) but when Bd rebuilder finish the encoding I wacth the result on my tv LED and I dont know if is just me or the image could be several reduce because the Truehd that size is 5.272.670.208? What do you say? I need to encode it with DTS with less size?

Maybe an audio track size 5.272.670.208 (keeping the HD intact) is too much for an encode of 25gb?

Anyway I dont know, some people at home says the image is amazing, but like I said I dont, maybe is the grain? maybe is the movie?
This move, "The Last Jedi", caused the end of my deep love with Star Wars, Brian caused the character Luke to go in ways he should not have gone. I love the scene with Yoda, and that's it. Other than that, I'm assuming you're using BD and not Ultra.. The DTS isn't going hurt the quality that much unless you're very picky as I am, and I CAN see a difference (really not a huge deal). Most people don't see it, don't care.. Those of us really into this stuff, can. I almost always convert DTS to AC-3. 25GB with Very Best set has always made a reproduction that is brilliant, to me. Any rerender is going to have SOME loss. I don't care how big you start with. Maybe lower your own pickiness down some? Hehe.. I've had to for Me (but more so, become more "Shhh.." for others...and retain my own around others that are cool with this stuff).

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 16th August 2018 at 02:13.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 02:57   #27620  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
but as soon as it tries to do #2, it errors out.
Do I even need to add anything here...?
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote