Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 4th August 2008, 13:11   #21  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
The idx cannot be added manually either (Container configuration / Add... / Open ....).
You mean you select it with the file browser but nothing shows up in the list? Maybe the IDX file is empty, dunno if StaxRip would show a warning in this case, hopefully it would.

Quote:
-Every time I run the Compression Check the help descriptor box 'Runs the compressibilty check which helps to find a optimal bitrate.' opens and stays open throughout the Comp Check procedure. It goes away as soon as the Check is finished. Technically the 'a' should be 'an' since the word it is ahead of (optimal) starts with a vowel. That is nothing to worry about and in no way detracts from your awesome program.
fixed

Quote:
-Sometimes when I am adding multiple files to the job list. After I have done the Comp Check and tried differing filter combinations. Upon clicking Next to add my selection to the Job List I get the message 'The job was sent to the currently processing StaxRip instance.' yet it does not show up in the Job List.

Not sure what in my workflow I may be doing to cause this. Load up a video, type in the target filename then start a Comp Check with light filtering (most times Undot is enough) and de-interlacing if needed. My procedure varies a little depending on what I am working with. If the source is little noisy as in older shows. I'll move to a slightly stronger filtering if the file size does not get near the range I am seeking and retry the Comp Check. Sometimes if I retype the target filename and run the Comp Check again it will allow me to add it to the Jobs List. Can try to get you more info if helpful.
If you run two StaxRip instances then it's a feature, not a bug. A short description of this feature can be found in the help of the job dialog. Do you run two instances?

Quote:
When converting DVD's (i dont get this with DVB-S sources), i get an audio delay with my encoded file.
It's likely a ripping/indexing problem, not directly related to StaxRip.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 13:46   #22  |  Link
Bh4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax View Post
It's likely a ripping/indexing problem, not directly related to StaxRip.
You are right about that.

Sorry to not edit my post, cause i also tried every other encoding GUI i know, and also got the delayed encode with those...
Bh4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 14:48   #23  |  Link
pausefisk

fails on startup

I've been using staxrip for some time, and i got a new pc running vista home premium and downloaded the latest release, StaxRip_1.1.1.0.exe.

Installing works fine, but when i start the progam vista only tells me it fails and nothing more.

Any suggestions?
pausefisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 17:49   #24  |  Link
stax76

If Vista gives the error and not .NET or StaxRip then it's difficult to track the reason, is your environment in any regard uncommon?
Old 9th August 2008, 18:57   #25  |  Link
pausefisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax View Post
If Vista gives the error and not .NET or StaxRip then it's difficult to track the reason, is your environment in any regard uncommon?
I opened windows error log and got this:

--

Feil-bucket 280492393, type 5
Hendelsesnavn: CLR20r3
Svar: Ingen
Cab-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:
P1: staxrip.exe
P2: 1.1.1.0
P3: 4875d9fb
P4: StaxRip
P5: 1.1.1.0
P6: 4875d9fb
P7: 1d
P8: ca
P9: System.InvalidOperationException
P10:

--

I googled System.InvalidOperationException and it lead to NET framework. I have installed 3.5 wich was linked to from readme file included in program package.

anyway.. im back to 1.0.0.1, works fine =)

Last edited by pausefisk; 10th August 2008 at 22:32.
Old 10th August 2008, 00:43   #26  |  Link
doggyjumper

Hi
Not sure if its a bug or me doing the wrong approach

Been very happy so far but I wanted to add tagging capability so tried with an event command , for example:
'after project encoded' - 'perform/excecute command' - "c:\AtomicParsley.exe" %target_file%.mp4 --artist "name" --copyright"name"

. all works with one flaw . the file is renamed with -temp-anumber in the name (file.mp4 becomes file-temp-xxx.mp4)

or is there maybe another way to incorporate - even the information into the log file ?

any help please

thanks

Last edited by doggyjumper; 10th August 2008 at 00:46.
doggyjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 02:16   #27  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
all works with one flaw . the file is renamed with -temp-anumber in the name (file.mp4 becomes file-temp-xxx.mp4)
I guess the renaming is done by AtomicParsley, doesn't MP4Box support the tags, if so a alternative way might be possible to add additional cmdl params in the muxer dialog.

Quote:
or is there maybe another way to incorporate - even the information into the log file ?
You mean showing the event command in the log file? I thought something would show up but after a quick test it don't seem to, I'll fix it.
Old 10th August 2008, 06:14   #28  |  Link
doggyjumper

Quote:
I guess the renaming is done by AtomicParsley,
You are correct , found this " AtomicParsley defaults to non-destructive writing to a temp file next to the source file "
but also " You can append a "--overWrite" command line flag and the original file will be deleted and the temp file will be renamed to the original filename"
Guess that solved that :-)

Quote:
doesn't MP4Box support the tags
Just cant figure out the commands as explained :-( , one real example would help

Quote:
You mean showing the event command in the log file? I thought something would show up but after a quick test it don't seem to, I'll fix it.
Yes..., thanks Stax

Anyway to be able to extract a frame (to jpg or so ) from within Staxrip as then AtomicParsley could add it as album art ?
Old 11th August 2008, 09:08   #29  |  Link
ab-db7000s

Demuxing/Indexing MOV/MP4 (h264, aac)

Demuxing/Indexing MOV/MP4 (h264, aac)

Hello!

Somewhere along the way from Version 1.1.0.1 to 1.1.1.0 (has to be somewhere in the later June Betas) the demuxing/indexing parameters have changed for MOV/MP4 (h264, aac) files.
Now DGAVCDecode/DGAVCIndex is used instead of (?). Since then I'm facing the problem that for HD .movs (specially Apple HD-trailers (h264+aac) the frame-rate isn't recognized correctly - it's always 25fps.
Another problem is the audio demuxing/converting from these files. They are named "* - iv-Undetermined.aac" and the "*.wav"-file is corrupt. Same happens to these files if they are converted to a mp4-container (YAMB) before.
I'm updating the StaxRip Versions just by exchanging the .exe and .dll, downloading/installing the latest external applications (from within the program) and updating the profiles as suggested by the program.
Any idea? Or some additional configuration data I should deliver?

Greets,
Andi
Attached Files
File Type: 7z StaxRip Diagnostic Files.7z (7.2 KB, 16 views)
ab-db7000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 13:35   #30  |  Link
stax76

Welcome to the forum, maybe I can fix it but I'll need a sample clip, can you upload one using 2shared.com? Previously MP4 was handled with dshow, now it's demuxed with MP4Box, it should still be possible to configure StaxRip for the old dshow handling but it requires some knowledge.

Last edited by stax76; 11th August 2008 at 13:39.
Old 11th August 2008, 14:11   #31  |  Link
ab-db7000s

Thanks for your prompt reply!
Sorry, I can't upload a clip, but they are downloadable at http://www.apple.com/trailers/. BTW what's the benefit of changing to mp4box? On the other hand mp4box recognizes the format correctly using YAMP to change the container from mov to mp4.

Greets,
Andi
ab-db7000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 14:28   #32  |  Link
stax76

Benefit is audio don't has to be reencoded.
Old 11th August 2008, 15:53   #33  |  Link
doggyjumper

Quote:
I'll fix it.
This means there will be an update available somewhere ?

Sorry to bug with another bug?

Whenever I try to "edit presets" in a command line Staxrip crashes (like in muxer profiles - mp4 for example).
Old 11th August 2008, 23:30   #34  |  Link
sVincent

System.ArgumentException

Hi,

I'm getting the following exception when i open a video file for encoding:

System.ArgumentException: Støtter ikke kulturnavnet nb.
Parameternavn: name
ved System.Globalization.CultureTableRecord..ctor(String cultureName, Boolean useUserOverride)
ved System.Globalization.CultureTableRecord.GetCultureTableRecord(String name, Boolean useUserOverride)
ved System.Globalization.CultureInfo..ctor(String name, Boolean useUserOverride)
ved StaxRip.Language.get_Languages()
ved StaxRip.DemuxPreparer.DemuxMKV()
ved StaxRip.DemuxPreparer.Run()
ved StaxRip.MainForm.Prepare()
ved StaxRip.MainForm.OpenVideoSourceFiles(List`1 files, Boolean autoMode)
ved StaxRip.MainForm.OpenSourceFiles()
ved StaxRip.MainForm.gbSource_MenuClick()
ved Stax.UI.LinkGroupBox.Label_Click()
ved Stax.UI.LinkGroupBox._Lambda$__3(Object a0, EventArgs a1)
ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
ved System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
ved System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.WndProc(Message& msg)
ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
ved System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I have sent you the link to the diagnostic files, I hope you can figure out what causes this exception

Thanks,
Stefan
sVincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2008, 00:32   #35  |  Link
3eye

staxrip Xvid not working with Subs

i love Staxrip. for few month I've downloading full DVDs and convert them the way i like to MKV and AVI/Xvid.
in the last few weeks i have a problem when i convert to Xvid. the final AVI/Xvid are not working with subtitles. the media player classic play that as long as i don't have a VOBSUB installed on the computer. the media player 11 will not work with subs at all . if i will try to play old file that was made in staxrip, it will work just fine, and if i will try Avi. files that was created in another similar (like auto GK) software they will work just fine. some thing is worng with the staxrip.
what should i do ?
3eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2008, 22:47   #36  |  Link
pausefisk

Since StaxRip 1.1.1.0 would not work for me ( System.InvalidOperationException ) i had to go back to an older version 1.0.0.1.

Now i updated to a dvb-s2 card and want to encode HD videos, and i believe that v 1.1.1.0 has support for DGAVCIndex? Because v 1.0.0.1 wont accept .dga files, and when trying to open .avs files in v 1.0.0.1 i 'm told to use the internal avs generator.

Is there any way around this problem since the latest build doesnt work for me?? Is there any build that uses DGAVCIndex that doesnt requre .net 3.5 ?

edit: I've now tested v 1.1.1.0 on a win XP Pro, Norwegian edition, and its the same problem, so there is no vista issue here. It must be something with .NET 3.5 and norwegian language...?

Last edited by pausefisk; 17th August 2008 at 11:16.
Old 16th August 2008, 09:01   #37  |  Link
newuserxyz

bug report

Hi!

my first try with staxrip. So probably not the application is wrog but it's me

I tried to convert an dvd to xvid.
When I try to run the compressibility check (I simply click on the link down in the left corner) I receive the following error:

http://www.2shared.com/file/3771176/...tic_Files.html

Any idea what could be the problem?

thanx in advance
newuserxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2008, 11:44   #38  |  Link
basheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by pausefisk View Post
edit: I've now tested v 1.1.1.0 on a win XP Pro, Norwegian edition, and its the same problem, so there is no vista issue here. It must be something with .NET 3.5 and norwegian language...?
I have the exact same problem as you Pausefisk. I run Vista Ultimate and Windows XP, but in english edition with norwegian set on keyboard and date, time, number format. Upgraded a few days ago to .NET 3.5 SP1 but no difference.
basheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2008, 19:38   #39  |  Link
pausefisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by basheim View Post
I have the exact same problem as you Pausefisk. I run Vista Ultimate and Windows XP, but in english edition with norwegian set on keyboard and date, time, number format. Upgraded a few days ago to .NET 3.5 SP1 but no difference.
ok, "good" to hear others have same problem, then i guess its not my pc-setup thats wrong. I hope stax author can take a deeper look at this, cause i really miss using staxrip, there are really not many good alternatives, in my opinion
Old 17th August 2008, 23:45   #40  |  Link
stax76

I've hopefully fixed the bug with norwegian systems, please try the newest beta, greetings to norway.

Quote:
This means there will be an update available somewhere?
Yes, the change is available in the latest beta.

Quote:
Whenever I try to "edit presets" in a command line Staxrip crashes
And there is no diagnostic file?

@3eye

Downloading a DVD is against the rules . I'm not sure if there is a bug, it looks you've not much experience so it might help to read a couple of StaxRip guides.

Quote:
When I try to run the compressibility check (I simply click on the link down in the left corner) I receive the following error:
It might be due to incompatible XviD version, in the 'External Application' dialog, you can try to downoad the required XviD version.

Tags
bug, staxrip