Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 14th August 2019, 19:30   #21  |  Link
ChaosKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranceBB View Post
Sure! Link
Too bad that it isn't actually officially supported by Avisynth+ 'cause it's used in Digital Cinema; for instance, I was trying to convert things to it a few days ago when I was trying to encode a DCP (Digital Cinema Package) encoded in Motion JPEG 2000 XYZ.
I'm not sure if it helps, but I saw that vapoursynth mentions XYZ in "resize" (use strg+f ;-)
http://www.vapoursynth.com/doc/functions/resize.html

p.s you can easily use avisynth stuff in VS with avsproxy
Old 14th August 2019, 19:41   #22  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosKing View Post
I'm not sure if it helps, but I saw that vapoursynth mentions XYZ in "resize" (use strg+f ;-)
http://www.vapoursynth.com/doc/functions/resize.html

p.s you can easily use avisynth stuff in VS with avsproxy
Wow! Hold on a second, you're telling me that not only VapourSynth supports XYZ, but it also supports a lot of other interesting things like log! I really hope that Ferenc will port them to Avisynth+ when he has time, not that he has much time, giving the million other things he is planning to do for Avisynth+.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2019, 20:33   #23  |  Link
hello_hello

I haven't looked hard but I can't see what strg+f refers to yet.

I've done some more testing and I'll start a new thread later, but converting in one direction only, here's the highlights. At the moment I'm tempted to say DitherTools would be getting it right, but I don't know for sure.
HDRTools "Linear" refers to this sort of thing: ConvertYUVtoLinearRGB().ConvertLinearRGBtoYUV()

Rec.709 To Rec.601
All conversion methods agree. HDR Linear looks better than HDR XYZ (no banding).

Rec.2020 To Rec.601.
DitherTools and HDR Linear agree.
ColorMatrix different, HDR XYZ seems borked.

Rec.2020 To 709.
I'd only be guessing as nobody agrees.
DitherTools and HDR Linear possibly only disagree for "red".
I think ColorMatrix is wrong.
I think HDR XYX is even wrongerer.

I should upload the images shortly and start the new thread before I lose interest again....

Edit: A bit of a delay. I just realised I was using DitherTools 1.27.1. I'll redo the DitherTools conversions with 1.27.2 before starting the new thread in case that changes things. Damn...

Edit: The two versions of DitherTools are identical.

Edit: Here's the new thread. https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...52#post1881952

Last edited by hello_hello; 14th August 2019 at 21:43.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2019, 22:16   #24  |  Link
ChaosKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
I haven't looked hard but I can't see what strg+f refers to yet.
I meant use STRG+F (=Browser search function) to search for xyz on the website
Old 15th August 2019, 08:41   #25  |  Link
pinterf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranceBB View Post
Wow! Hold on a second, you're telling me that not only VapourSynth supports XYZ, but it also supports a lot of other interesting things like log! I really hope that Ferenc will port them to Avisynth+ when he has time, not that he has much time, giving the million other things he is planning to do for Avisynth+.
z_ConvertFormat
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=173986
"See VapourSynth documentation for valid string constants."
pinterf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2019, 10:56   #26  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
I meant use STRG+F (=Browser search function) to search for xyz on the website
Ahhhh.... You mean Ctrl+F?
That only opens a page search for my browser.
Old 15th August 2019, 11:13   #27  |  Link
ChaosKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Ahhhh.... You mean Ctrl+F?
That only opens a page search for my browser.
omg german (keyboard) brain xD

strg = ctrl
Old 15th August 2019, 13:35   #28  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
omg german (keyboard) brain xD

strg = ctrl
Yeah, I did a google search for that one.
Old 16th August 2019, 18:38   #29  |  Link
hello_hello

There's an updated version of CropResize in the opening post, blocking colorMatrix from being involved in Rec.2020 conversions. DitherTools can be used instead. I still have plans to add high bitdepth color correction at some stage, but in the mean time.....

The new version is dated 2019-08-17.
Old 3rd September 2019, 04:34   #30  |  Link
hello_hello

There's an updated version of CropResize in the opening post, dated 2019-09-02. With any luck that'll be it for quite a while, as the script's color correction (converting the colorimetry when upscaling/downscaling) was the only thing left to sort.

Under "ColorCorrect" in the help file, there's a mini essay on my current understanding of color conversion, when to convert and how to do it.
There's now four conversion choices.

1. ColorMatrix
2. DitherTools
3. HDRTools (170m for SD)
4. HDRTools (470bg for SD)

DitherTools can no longer be used for Rec.2020 conversions, but if it's converting the colors, DitherTools will do the resizing too (when a compatible resizer is specified). Only standard dynamic range is supported. I don't think HDR to SDR conversions can be done automatically, I've almost no experience with HDR, and I've no interest in HDR anyway.

Some other changes -

- Avisynth 2.5.8 is no longer supported. As it turns out, the script was already using a couple of functions not available in Avisynth 2.5.8.

- Added a PicDim argument for adjusting how much the picture is dimmed when Info=true. The default is -75. The range is -255 to 0.

- Tweaked Info=true. The displayed info scales a little better with resolution. The source color format and bitdepth are now displayed.
I also noticed an Avisynth+ oddity that causes negative zero (such as a right or bottom cropping of zero) to be displayed with the negative sign under some circumstances. I added a workaround to prevent zero from displaying as a negative, because it was annoying me.

For anyone interested, Avisynth+ displays this as 0
zz = float(-0)
subtitle(string(zz))

but displays this as -0
zz = float(0)
subtitle(string(-zz))

Avisynth 2.6 doesn't display the negative sign either way.

In case I did a stupid, there's still a link for the 2019-08-17 version in the opening post, but the new version should be fine.

Last edited by hello_hello; 4th September 2019 at 13:50.
Old 10th September 2019, 12:46   #31  |  Link
hello_hello

This isn't an update to the script itself, as it's exactly the same as the version dated 2019-09-02, but I've update the help file a little. There's no longer any optional plugins included with the script, but there's still links for them at the top of the help file. Including plugins in the zip file was only supposed to be a temporary thing as they'll become outdated.

Even though the script itself is unchanged, I've updated the version to 2019-09-10. There's a new link in the opening post.
Old 20th September 2019, 04:28   #32  |  Link
hello_hello

I assume nobody is using the global GCropResize function, given nobody's complained about it not working and the last version broke it.

Changes 2019-09-20:
- Fiddled with Info=true again. The Avisynth and CropResize versions are now displayed.
For an anamorphic source and/or output, the source and/or output "display dimensions" are included (right column). The height is the source/output height. The width is the source/output width, as it would be when resized to "square pixel" dimensions on playback. If necessary, "display width" is rounded to an integer (a whole pixel).
- Avisynth Neo probably didn't work correctly with CropResize. Added a check for Neo, although the script doesn't do anything "Neo specific". It now assumes Avisynth+ is being used when Neo is detected.
- The GCropResize function was completely broken after the last update. If GCropResize was used an error message displayed (due to a typo).

Last edited by hello_hello; 7th January 2020 at 15:56.
Old 20th September 2019, 10:12   #33  |  Link
hello_hello

If anyone has downloaded the 2019-09-20 version before reading this, or before the 21st, please download it again. I haven't change the version date but I somehow broke Info=true, despite being positive I checked it before uploading the script. Sigh....

Last edited by hello_hello; 20th September 2019 at 10:26.
Old 7th January 2020, 15:56   #34  |  Link
hello_hello

I've uploaded a new version of CropResize dated 2020-01-07. There's a link in the opening post along with a summary of changes since the previous version.

I've also updated the pictures illustrating CropResize usage in the second post.

Last edited by hello_hello; 7th January 2020 at 17:20.
Old 7th January 2020, 19:06   #35  |  Link
redbtn

Do you have any plans to release Vapoursynth version?
redbtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2020, 20:41   #36  |  Link
hello_hello

redbtn,
I know nothing about Vapoursynth. I have an old machine running Win7 now (previously only XP), so I have plans to install Vapoursynth and learn to use it, but knowing enough to create a native Vapoursynth version is a "maybe sometime later this year" thing at best.

I do recall bumping into a post a while back where someone had an old version of CropResize working in Vapoursynth...
Here it is.... https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...38#post1830238
Is the avsproxy plugin a way to use CropResize? Or vsavsreader?

I ask, as I have no idea.
Old 8th January 2020, 00:34   #37  |  Link
redbtn

@hello_hello thank you for reply! I have no experience to run AVS Plugins in VS, but I'll try.
redbtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2020, 14:15   #38  |  Link
hello_hello

Another update for CropResize, simply to add a "Position" argument for displaying the current frame number and position in time over the video. Sometimes it's handy and it saves having to use a separate function.
Enabling it requires GRunT. http://avisynth.nl/index.php/GRunT

The new version is dated 2020-01-25, and as usual, there's a link in the opening post.
Old 30th January 2020, 03:20   #39  |  Link
hello_hello

Sorry folks, but another update. I discovered I'd added a line to the script for testing the color conversion and forgot to remove it, causing the script to throw an error for sources with a bitdepth greater than 8 when color converting with HDRTools. The new version is dated 2020-01-30 and the link is in the opening post.

Last edited by hello_hello; 30th January 2020 at 13:30.
Old 26th March 2020, 07:41   #40  |  Link
hello_hello

There's a link for an updated version of CropResize in the opening post, containing some minor fixes. The new version is dated 2020-03-26. There's a text file included describing the changes.