Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 21st May 2016, 03:01   #81  |  Link
jkauff

A little clarification here. For two months there will be discounts available for all license holders, including some pretty nice ones for recent purchasers.

The current version will continue to work with the most current local database. It's only access to the online database that's being cut off. If you're only ripping discs with the known DRM schemes as of the 7.6.9.5 release, you're fine. New schemes, however, will only be addressed by the new 8.0.1.0 version and its successors.

Developers can't "renege" on licenses. Those were sold by the owners of SlySoft, who took all the money with them when they packed up and ran. The developers worked for a paycheck.
jkauff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2016, 14:42   #82  |  Link
Sophocles

Quote:
Those were sold by the owners of SlySoft, who took all the money with them when they packed up and ran. The developers worked for a paycheck.
Unfortunately I have no reason to believe that RedFox is in fact under the control of new owners. I do however believe that they need a revenue stream. I believe that the demand for decrypters peaked about 8 years ago and has since fallen considerably. That can be attested to by the declining traffic flow at forums such as doom9, MYCE/CDFreaks, and Afterdawn. So all that was left was for SlyRedFox to retap its previous clientele. I understand why that might be important, but they've handled it badly. And as for still being able to use release 7.6.9.5, that's true as long as a user doesn't mind nagware. I've unchecked "Automatically check for new AnyDVD version, but it still checks regularly throughout the day.

Old 21st May 2016, 15:27   #83  |  Link
jkauff

Just curious, why do you keep AnyDVD HD running all day? I only start it up when I need it, and I've never seen an update check.
jkauff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2016, 19:52   #84  |  Link
Sophocles

Actually I don't keep AnyDVD running all day, but I do still have uses for it such as ripping, and when I finish I often forget to close it. That being said, it shouldn't even be a concern?
Old 22nd May 2016, 04:40   #85  |  Link
plonk420
amd & h.264 fanboy

anyone want to try to figure out if the files are user-specific?

e.g. my dt1 for Deadpool (US) (semi obfuscated) is xxxxxxxxxx39.dt1
my MD5 is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx862d27ea711a181c
plonk420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:40   #86  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
.....but unless the "sly redfox" group levels with it's supporters, then I'm done.
I'm curious. Do you mind sharing what you would use as an alternative or replacement for AnyDVD?

I got a free license during the DVDfab Passkey give away back in the fall, but after reading the posts in their forums, I am not as comfortable (confident) with it as I was AnyDVDHD. I guess I'm having troubles deciding if Passkey is "good enough" or if a new license for AnyDvd is worth it.
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2016, 21:25   #87  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
I'm curious. Do you mind sharing what you would use as an alternative or replacement for AnyDVD?

I got a free license during the DVDfab Passkey give away back in the fall, but after reading the posts in their forums, I am not as comfortable (confident) with it as I was AnyDVDHD. I guess I'm having troubles deciding if Passkey is "good enough" or if a new license for AnyDvd is worth it.
And with the introduction of Passkey V9... Dvdfab now says those who received the free Passkey LIFETIME license from their give-aways have to BUY version 9 and up... Apparently the Free LIFETIME license they gave away were not "lifetime" or at least not the same as paid for LIfetime licenses! (even though the give aways, nor the emails with the license files back then, said anything but "Free Passkey Lifetime license"

Now I need to decide... re-up with Dvdfab for Passkey 9, or go back to AnyDVDHD...

Any suggestions?
Old 4th September 2016, 22:08   #88  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

The DVDFab lifetime giveaway key is for version 8 only.

You can uninstall version 9 and re-install 8 but decryption for newer discs with newer encryptions are likely to be unsupported.

This post on their forum explains it well:
http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=29785&p=189501

I'm subcibed to newsletters and events that they have, so I'll wait around the holidays for a sale and pick something if I need to.
Even if it's just a yearly subscription until the lifetime for version 9 becomes affordable.

The prices for DVDfab seem cheaper than AnyDVD.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4GHz (6c/12th, I'm on AVX2 now!)
Sparktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2016, 22:54   #89  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Their give away emails and web site didn't say as such.

And you are right that ver 8 can be installed and use. They did say it won't be updated so you won't be able to decrypt newer discs.

They are running 30% off now (at least per the email they sent now has a coupon code for it). So it will be cheaper that Anydvd today.
Old 7th September 2016, 05:14   #90  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparktank View Post
....I'm subcibed to newsletters and events that they have, so I'll wait around the holidays for a sale and pick something if I need to.
Even if it's just a yearly subscription until the lifetime for version 9 becomes affordable.

The prices for DVDfab seem cheaper than AnyDVD.
DVDFab's 50% Passkey license for AnyDVD customers still works. Lifetime license is not bad when using that offer. (see the links at the very bottom of their page... and they don't validate anydvd ownership in anyway)