Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th August 2008, 12:13   #1  |  Link
CTYves
mx rider

convert any video format to flv successfully

I'm pretty novice when it comes to mencoder and ffmpeg command lines, so I need some help or suggestions. At the moment my video sharing site is using the command line below to convert many video formats (3gp, 3gpp, mpg, mpeg, mpeg4, mp4, avi, wmv, flv, mov, asf, qt, dat) to flv files. So far I noticed it converts to flv file successfully when the input video is flv, 3pg, mov or mp4. Other formats are not tested yet. What I do know for certain is that wmv files are never successfully converted. The audio is converted propperly, but the video frames aren't. It's like there are 20 frames in total and you see them one after the other in a timespan of 20 seconds.

The bottom line is the code below isn't good enough to convert any video format to an flv successfully. What command line you think would?

I'm also open to use ffmpeg instead of mencoder. I just don't know what command line would be the optimal one to use. All help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Code:
/usr/local/bin/mencoder video.wmv -o video.flv -of lavf -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=56 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=800:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3 -vf scale=320:240 -srate 22050

Tags
conversion, convert, flv, mencoder