Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24th February 2014, 14:46   #321  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

I looked back and figured out what I was thinking of:

XySubFilter fixed this for DVB subtitles and only when there was a single line, not PGS/HDMV.

madVR optimized performance for this by "only uploading every bitmap ID once" to the GPU instead of "uploading every subtitle frame".

@madshi for reference, we discussed exactly this problem with PGS by email around 6/24/2013
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2014, 20:22   #322  |  Link
Reino

I haven't read through this entire thread, but I have used search, which came up with nothing, so excuse me if this has been asked before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://code.google.com/p/xy-vsfilter/
Input/Output support for AYUV 4:4:4 YUV format
I've tried to use TextSub("subtitles.ass") on top of a yuv 4:4:4 (yv24) video-stream in Avisynth, but the subtitles don't show up at all. yx-VSFilter doesn't through an error either. When I convert the video-stream to yuv 4:2:0 (yv12), the subtitles do show up? Am I doing something wrong?
Old 25th February 2014, 20:56   #323  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

We only support AYUV (packed 4:4:4 YUV) at this time, not YV24 (planar 4:4:4 YUV), and VSFilter in general only supports the Avisynth 2.5 plugin interface, not 2.6.

Supporting DirectShow YV24 input/output is something on our to-do list for a future release, but I don't see there being any Avisynth 2.6 support (which added support for additional color formats like YV24) for TextSub unless MPC-HC/MPC-BE add such support themselves, or someone provides us a patch. Same goes for something like VapourSynth support, patches welcome.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 25th February 2014 at 21:07.
Old 5th March 2014, 19:49   #324  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

XySubFilter Beta2 has been released
GoogleCode no longer allows adding downloads, so all future releases will be made on GitHub

XySubFilter Beta2 .zip Archive (32-bit) | XySubFilter Beta2 .zip Archive (64-bit)

Debug Symbols for XySubFilter 3.1.0.682

Note: XySubFilter requires a compatible subtitle consumer. We recommend madVR 0.87.5+.
MPC-HC 1.7.2+ 64-bit (EVR-CP) or other 64-bit Subtitle Consumer is required to use the 64-bit build.

Features & Changes
  • Static Unrar support
  • Maximum cache size limiter (defaults to 512MB on 32bit, 1/4 Physical RAM on 64bit)
  • Autoload Helper for external subtitles
  • Style Editor: Support floating point Border & Shadow values
  • Initial implementation for rendering subtitles outside the video frame (requires Consumer support)
  • SourceFilter/Splitter whitelist moved to registry key
  • Removed legacy PAR compensation function (superseded by 'Use AR Adjusted Video Size')
  • Removed connected YCbCr Matrix from filter name
  • Removed legacy function for changing playback speed
  • Support for building with Visual Studio 2013

Bug Fix
  • Subpixel gaps visible between the main glyph and the border (certain limitations)
  • Crash when resizing to certain window sizes
  • Unexpected slowdown 30 seconds after intense subtitles
  • Improve handling of empty VobSub frames
  • Double-clicking the tray icon doesn't open properties page on the same monitor it is called from
  • Subtitle were rendered at FPS value reported by Consumer, even when incorrect
  • Corruption with extremely large border sizes
  • CPU loop after external subtitle modification
  • Improve style override logic
  • Allow connection to Consumer even if values provided are invalid
  • Various stability fixes

Complete Changelog

Primarily a bug-fix release, to sync with the bug-fixes and changes made in madVR 0.87.5. Installer will be added at a later date. madVR no longer loads XySubFilter itself.

You must ensure to run the 'Install' bat (not only replace) or else XySubFilter's autoload helper required for entering the DirectShow graph with external subtitles will not be installed.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 30th April 2014 at 19:17.
Old 5th March 2014, 19:54   #325  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Which git branch was 682 built from? I kinda lost track.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2014, 20:01   #326  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

xy_sub_filter_rc3 branch

GitHub requires tagging to make releases, so the exact 3.1.0.682 tree can be found here, or from links on the GitHub release page.

Most of the interesting (unstable) stuff we've been working recently has been backed out and delayed till a Beta3 release.
Old 5th March 2014, 20:08   #327  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Thx...
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2014, 21:18   #328  |  Link
mandarinka

Ah, great! Thanks for the update & continued work.
mandarinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2014, 21:19   #329  |  Link
dansrfe

The position override isn't working properly in the XYSubFilter beta 2 build for me.

Is there a way to get the subtitles rendered with respect to the window size and its aspect rather than the video's size/aspect? This might also solve the bitmap subtitles from bluray discs from getting truncated when the position is overided beyond the border of the video's resolution.

Last edited by dansrfe; 5th March 2014 at 21:30.
dansrfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2014, 21:32   #330  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansrfe View Post
The position override isn't working in the XYSubFilter beta 2 build for me.
If you mean "Override Placement", that was changed in XySubFilter Beta1 to only apply to VobSub.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 5th March 2014 at 21:43.
Old 5th March 2014, 21:34   #331  |  Link
dansrfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
If you mean "Override Placement", that was changed in XySubFilter Beta1 to only apply to VobSub.
Ah, that's why it only works for bitmap subtitles. I set the vertical position to 99 and in a typical video A/R of 2.4 (black borders removed in encode) the subtitles get cut off beyond the video's border. Is it possible to position the bitmap subtitles with respect to the screen in this case?

Also, I'm curious, why was positioning removed for text subtitles?

Also, when I drag another file into MPC-HC (nightly) using madVR (latest), the player crashes. When XYSubFilter is not loaded, the player doesn't crash.

Last edited by dansrfe; 5th March 2014 at 21:40.
Old 5th March 2014, 21:45   #332  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Is there a way to get the subtitles rendered with respect to the window size and its aspect rather than the video's size/aspect? This might also solve the bitmap subtitles from bluray discs from getting truncated when the position is overided beyond the border of the video's resolution.
Quote:
Is it possible to position the bitmap subtitles with respect to the screen in this case?
I do not believe any Subtitle Consumer has added support for rendering outside the video frame yet, if that's what you're asking. It should work with XySubFilter Beta2 for text-based subtitles if such support is added though. For bitmap subtitles like Blu-ray PGS, the rasterizer always outputs at frame size (usually 1920x1080) so repositioning may not be as easily possible.

Quote:
Also, I'm curious, why was positioning removed for text subtitles?
Redundant. Positioning can be performed via the Style Editor.

Quote:
Also, when I drag another file into MPC-HC (nightly) using madVR (latest), the player crashes. When XYSubFilter is not loaded, the player doesn't crash.
I do not believe MPC-HC has implemented drag-n-drop subtitle support for XySubFilter. If a crash occurs because of that, it's not our bug, or at least shouldn't be. Only MPC-BE has such support.

When you say 'drag another file' did you mean something else?

Last edited by cyberbeing; 5th March 2014 at 21:59.
Old 6th March 2014, 04:48   #333  |  Link
dansrfe

When I drag and drop another container file (mkv/mp4) then it crashes the player.
Old 6th March 2014, 05:11   #334  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

No idea. Can anyone else reproduce this? If you have a crash dump, please upload it somewhere. If madVR is generating crash reports, download the PDB debug symbols for MPC-HC and XySubFilter and upload the next crash report.

Do you have any external subtitles in the directories you drag and drop files from? If so, which formats?

Is there anything special about your playback setup?

Installed Video Decoders & Splitters?

Any post-processing filters or MPC-HC shaders active?

Any subtitle filters other than XySubFilter.dll installed or active? VSFilter.dll? FFDShow? MPC-HC ISR?

Any filters you've added to MPC-HC External Filters?

Does it occur with both madVR and EVR-CP using XySubFilter in MPC-HC?

Does it occur with madVR using XySubFilter in MPC-BE?

Which OS?
Old 6th March 2014, 11:32   #335  |  Link
Shii

After updating xySubFilter to latest 3.1.0.682 Beta2 and madVR to 0.87.5 subtitles no longer loads in Zoom Player 8.6.1 (Smart Play enabled). MadVR 0.87.4 and 3.1.0.682 works fine. Is any way to force loading subtitle filter without rolling back to 0.87.4?
VSFilter and ffdshow not installed, only registered new XySubFilter.dll. Using latest LavFilters for decoding and splitting.
I think it happens because latest change in madVR: * removed XySubFilter auto-loading functionality, it's now XySubFilter's job
Old 6th March 2014, 11:54   #336  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shii View Post
After updating xySubFilter to latest 3.1.0.682 Beta2 and madVR to 0.87.5 subtitles no longer loads in Zoom Player 8.6.1 (Smart Play enabled). MadVR 0.87.4 and 3.1.0.682 works fine. Is any way to force loading subtitle filter without rolling back to 0.87.4?
You'll need to disable Smart Play.
Old 6th March 2014, 13:17   #337  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

@cyber, can you write a small summary of what ZoomPlayer could/should do to support XySubFilter optimally? I'll then send it directly to the ZoomPlayer dev.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 13:48   #338  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Blight only needs to support XySubFilter with SmartPlay, the way he currently supports xy-VSFilter. They share the same API, so that part should be simple enough. The only time consuming part is likely rewriting the GUI, settings dialog, and subtitle filter loading logic, since XySubFilter could only be used with madVR. ZoomPlayer's SmartPlay is already fully manual graph building which manages detection/loading of external subtitles into xy-VSFilter itself. In that regard, the only other change is XySubFilter supports external Blu-ray PGS files (.sup). He likely just hasn't gotten around to adding XySubFilter SmartPlay support yet, probably since we haven't released a stable version. Not to mention that he usually likes to distribute all filters himself through the ZoomPlayer Download Center.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 6th March 2014 at 14:00.
Old 6th March 2014, 23:39   #339  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

@cyberbeing

I'm having some issues with the new build (XySubFilter 3.1.0.682).
Basicaly MPC-HC (v1.7.3) crashes after opening a video using either EVR CP or madvr (v0.87.6). Such issues don't occur with the previous release (XySubFilter v3.1.0.546). Not all videos generate this issue but also happens if reopening some videos during playback.
I've downloaded the pdb files for mpc and xy-subfilter, set them in place and triggered the issue to generate dump files.

Dumps are here (for both evr cp and madvr)
Video that triggers the crash here.
System specs here.

If you require additional information or more testing let me know!

Thanks!

Kado
Old 7th March 2014, 00:32   #340  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

FWIW, the madVR crash report looks "good" to me. It should be helpful to the XySubFilter developer. Doesn't look like an "out of memory" problem.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote