Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 16th May 2018, 20:19   #27321  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrowler View Post
I'm experiencing a size problem...
I've never had to worry about that...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2018, 20:24   #27322  |  Link
thecrowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lathe View Post
i've never had to worry about that...
rotfl :d
thecrowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2018, 20:36   #27323  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrowler View Post
rotfl :d
Old 16th May 2018, 21:37   #27324  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Yeah, no size, no problem LITTLE Lathe
Attached Images

Last edited by gonca; 16th May 2018 at 22:18.
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2018, 07:59   #27325  |  Link
varekai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
duh... everybody knows that it's not about size, its color and frequency that matters...
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2018, 19:37   #27326  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by varekai View Post
duh... everybody knows that it's not about size, its color and frequency that matters...
Old 18th May 2018, 16:16   #27327  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

@Jdobbs and others interested. I have an update on that issue where i was unable to get Intel QuickSync to work with BDRB while having my GTX 1080 being used for actual display.

Now: as to the update. After doing some research last monday (again), i read one on of the sites that even though the iGPU would be enabled in the motherboard BIOS that it would shut itself off if no display was connected. So i though, "i wonder if there's something to simulate an attached display". So i went onto Amazon (UK), and entered "HDMI dummy plug". Lo and behold, there was. Multiple ones. So i looked through a couple and ordered this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072PV6K8J

It arrived today, i just got home, grabbed it, plugged it straight in to the onboard hdmi. Instantly an "Intel HD Graphics" icon popped up in my system tray and when i checked windows control panel > Display, there was indeed a "third monitor". So i though, i wonder if it'll work. If it doesn't back to amazon. So i loaded a 3D iso in VCD. Fired up BDRB and placed the following in the ini file "FRIM_SW_DECODE=0" and "FRIM_SW_ENCODE=0" to let everything being handled automatically. Pressed "Backup" and after about 5 min of demuxing, where it would first stall for about 10-15sec and then fail, after mere seconds the FPS started ticking... 10, 20, 30 (passed that 88 someone mentioned) and it's peaking out at 116,8!!!! fps on "Sin_City_2_3D".

So i guess it worked! Long story short, if you fail to enable FRIM quicksync with bdrb on 3D sources with a discrete graphics card used for your monitors. Grab a $10 hdmi or DVI dummy plug and install that. Problem solved!

Now to hope there won't be any graphical glitches (or has that problem that was present in early builds with hardware encoding being used) been solved?

** edit ** FPS capped out at 117.11FPS. Not bad coming from 20-24 FPS. Thats nearly x5. Multipluxing the wanted streams back together took a whopping 33 seconds , then proceeded to scanning the 3D CLPI info

Last edited by Ch3vr0n; 18th May 2018 at 16:26.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2018, 16:43   #27328  |  Link
jdobbs

@Ch3vr0n

Way cool!
Old 18th May 2018, 16:51   #27329  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Lol and the build to ISO on my samsung 960 Pro took a whopping 50 seconds 99-106x.

That only leave's this @Jdobbs

Quote:
Now to hope there won't be any graphical glitches (or has that problem that was present in early builds with hardware encoding being used) been solved?
Is that fixed?

**edit** nupe. Setting 0/0 results in severe pixellation issues. Guess i have some tinkering to do to find out which settings work best.

Last edited by Ch3vr0n; 18th May 2018 at 18:06.
Old 18th May 2018, 19:48   #27330  |  Link
worknstiff

@ Ch3vr0n; RE: severe pixellation issues. Same here also. The quicksync encodes all have some pretty serious crosstalk issues. Wonder if this is why Clone doesn't do full 3D backup. Kudos to BD_Rebuilder for PERFECT 3D backups, even if slow software FRIM.

Last edited by worknstiff; 18th May 2018 at 19:51.
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2018, 20:30   #27331  |  Link
jdobbs

I do full speed FRIM backups on my notebook computer with no pixelation issues.. I do remember having to find the right DLLs to make it work correctly, though.
Old 18th May 2018, 21:17   #27332  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

0/0 and 1/0, result in pixellations. Trying 0/1 next. Are those dll's included in the current release of bdrb? If not, care to link them? Maybe my FRIM could use an update but there's no link to an officially supported version in 1st post. Found this though https://www.videohelp.com/software/FRIM. Are those the ones or are you using others. (x86 or x64) You also say dlls plural, i only have frimsource.dll in bdrb folder.

Last edited by Ch3vr0n; 18th May 2018 at 21:28.
Old 18th May 2018, 23:15   #27333  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
0/0 and 1/0, result in pixellations. Trying 0/1 next. Are those dll's included in the current release of bdrb? If not, care to link them? Maybe my FRIM could use an update but there's no link to an officially supported version in 1st post. Found this though https://www.videohelp.com/software/FRIM. Are those the ones or are you using others. (x86 or x64) You also say dlls plural, i only have frimsource.dll in bdrb folder.
If I recall correctly, they were the DLLs that support quicksync on your PC, not the ones that come with FRIM. It's been a while, though.
Old 19th May 2018, 03:24   #27334  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
So i guess it worked! Long story short, if you fail to enable FRIM quicksync with bdrb on 3D sources with a discrete graphics card used for your monitors. Grab a $10 hdmi or DVI dummy plug and install that. Problem solved!
True if:
1) You have an internal GPU chipset and
2) The internal GPU is an Intel chipset.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2018, 03:56   #27335  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Yeah, no size, no problem LITTLE Lathe

Was this the GIF that you had attached...? I felt bad for you, so I did a search for the name of that one. WOW, 'size' is right!

Old 19th May 2018, 10:10   #27336  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
If I recall correctly, they were the DLLs that support quicksync on your PC, not the ones that come with FRIM. It's been a while, though.
Did you just have to paste the dlls in the bdrb folder? If so, if you don't mind grabbing them for me

@jdobbs

i did some looking into the Intel Media SDK and found this

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=170315

Starting post 6 and beyond it becomes interesting. The glitching might be specific to the right eye stream. The fix might be

Quote:
b) A broken right view is produced by bad settings in tsMuxeR (please uncheck "continually insert PPS/SPS" and CHECK "do not change SEI and VUI data" for AVC and MVC tracks)
Can you make test build for me with that setting fixed?

Last edited by Ch3vr0n; 19th May 2018 at 10:35.
Old 19th May 2018, 13:09   #27337  |  Link
mparade

@jdobbs

In archive x264 mode, is each of the hidden and non-hidden full-backup related settings applied? Is it exactly like a full-backup mode except for using fix crf value for all of the titles including extras and secondary video streams as well?

Archive_AUDIO is only for x265 mode?
In x264 mode, Archive_CRF parameter overrides all other CRF values concurrently set as well?
If I leave ARCHIVE_QUALITY on default value while using non-auto quality settings, will my quality settings be picked up by BD-RB?

This feature sounds very promising anyway for my archiving purposes.

Thank you very much for the help.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2018, 17:55   #27338  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Did you just have to paste the dlls in the bdrb folder? If so, if you don't mind grabbing them for me

@jdobbs

i did some looking into the Intel Media SDK and found this

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=170315

Starting post 6 and beyond it becomes interesting. The glitching might be specific to the right eye stream. The fix might be

Can you make test build for me with that setting fixed?
Interesting, I hadn't seen that. Was it confirmed as fixing the issue by others? I'll put that in as a hidden option so you can test it and I'll post an interim release.

Last edited by jdobbs; 19th May 2018 at 17:57.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2018, 23:00   #27339  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

No idea if it was confirmed. I stopped reading after I read about the switch. Figured I'd let you know immediately. There's only one way to find out if it'll work and that's to try it with bdrb.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk
Old 20th May 2018, 02:29   #27340  |  Link
Wolfe999

Help with Special Characters

Having just acquired a new PC for editing, was forced to migrate to Win 10. With this O.S. I suffer a constant drawback with Multiavchd ( I've been using this software for many years for multiepisodic BD's with satisfactory results): it doesn't accept my menu image and always uses its default.

Sorry for the digresion.

Decided to try a way to do it with BD-Rebuilder that I copied and kept years ago.

When I import the MKV files set in the same folder with the name of the BD I want (all mkv's are compliant), the process always aborts when it enounters latin accentuated words, in this specific case, of 12 files, 4:

-Satélite
-Tecnología
-Área
-Titánico

I'm sure there must be a way to solve it, but I wasn't able to locate it. Would appreciate any help.

Thanx
Wolfe999 is offline   Reply With Quote