Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 16th November 2019, 14:04   #17761  |  Link
Privateer5000

So, checked Firewall Setting, has exceptions for Ripbot Encodingclient and Encodingserver, for testing i deactivated the firewall completly but no change. Chunks are being prepared and then nothing. The Client tries to connect to the Server but the Server do not recognize anything.
Privateer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019, 18:05   #17762  |  Link
Ronski

I seem to be having the same problem, I've not used Ripbot for a while, went to use it today, both installations updated, now it just sits there with the encoding client showing "Pass1...[0.0%] 0/163714 frames, 0.00 fps, 0 kbps, eta" and the encoding servers showing waiting for connection on both machines. The encoding client shows all my encoding clients as offline.

Just noticed on my main PC the servers are v1.15.2.0 and on the other it's v1.16.0.0.

If I set distributed encoding to auto reconnect then the server icons in the client flicker as it seems to try to reconnect.
Ronski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019, 21:19   #17763  |  Link
FuzzyNutz

auto update causing unwanted rollback of MKVToolNix GUI version

I identified this issue here before and it seemed to be addressed shortly after. Now the issue is back. If the version of MKVToolNix GUI on a users system is newer than that associated with the RipBot264 update, the update should leave MKVToolNix untouched.

Please make it so!

Last edited by FuzzyNutz; 17th November 2019 at 09:25.
FuzzyNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2019, 01:03   #17764  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronski View Post
I seem to be having the same problem, I've not used Ripbot for a while, went to use it today, both installations updated, now it just sits there with the encoding client showing "Pass1...[0.0%] 0/163714 frames, 0.00 fps, 0 kbps, eta" and the encoding servers showing waiting for connection on both machines. The encoding client shows all my encoding clients as offline.

Just noticed on my main PC the servers are v1.15.2.0 and on the other it's v1.16.0.0.

If I set distributed encoding to auto reconnect then the server icons in the client flicker as it seems to try to reconnect.
Just like this :-

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aoz3zp...49-35.rar/file
Old 17th November 2019, 01:13   #17765  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Latest update 16-11-19

Hey guys,

There was another auto update posted "overnight" (my time), for core & lsmash (lsmash from failed download yesterday).

Only ripbot264.exe was updated, however, sadly the DE problems persists

Better luck next time...
Old 17th November 2019, 04:25   #17766  |  Link
Dhry

I had to return to RB 1.24 (core 20190123) with encodingclient 1.12.10 and encodingserver 1.15.2 on the machines in my farm. It works. I have to run the mux.cmd etc stuff manually for every file I batch encode, but it works.
Will stay tuned to this thread in case the fix arrives. But one thing's for absolute certain, the latest RB has significant issues with DE. Whatever connectivity-oriented code that was updated in EC 1.16 pretty much needs to be rolled back. Thanks for your work Atak.

Dhry
Dhry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2019, 05:13   #17767  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

ATT: Atak...suggestion for significant change to autoupdates-

You might be done with me, but I'm done, here...

I have a suggestion for future updates, that should prevent situations like this, where more & more users are commenting on the DE problem, that I tried to help with.

There is very little control over how updates for RB work, you either get them, or you don't...simple as that.

The problem is, it all happens quite covertly in the background (if you're online), and the only noticable way you know there's been an update is the next time you start the app, and you see the little pop up window appear as the updates are being installed, and by that time it's too late to do anything about it.

Then, if there's a major problem (like now), the user has very limited options, either try to use the app as is, OR download the latest available FULL version from page 1, and leave it at that, as doing an autoupdate just takes you straight back to the problem build (vicious circle).

Unfortunately, the only available build is v1.24, which is way back in January '19, as you haven't bothered to post v1.25, for what ever reason, not that that would be much different, in this case, but better.

So my suggestion is, that you implement some "pop up" that tells the user that "an update is available, would you like to download it", that gives the user a heads up, and a choice, and gives them time to maybe backup their current configuration, so just incase theres a problem, they can be roll it back to the previous working state.

And another thing that might help, is that EVERY update has an incremental change to the version number...we've been on 1.25.0 for months, it should be 1.25.34, or 1.30 by now....
Old 17th November 2019, 08:21   #17768  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
You might be done with me, but I'm done, here...

I have a suggestion for future updates, that should prevent situations like this, where more & more users are commenting on the DE problem, that I tried to help with.

There is very little control over how updates for RB work, you either get them, or you don't...simple as that.

The problem is, it all happens quite covertly in the background (if you're online), and the only noticable way you know there's been an update is the next time you start the app, and you see the little pop up window appear as the updates are being installed, and by that time it's too late to do anything about it.

Then, if there's a major problem (like now), the user has very limited options, either try to use the app as is, OR download the latest available FULL version from page 1, and leave it at that, as doing an autoupdate just takes you straight back to the problem build (vicious circle).

Unfortunately, the only available build is v1.24, which is way back in January '19, as you haven't bothered to post v1.25, for what ever reason, not that that would be much different, in this case, but better.

So my suggestion is, that you implement some "pop up" that tells the user that "an update is available, would you like to download it", that gives the user a heads up, and a choice, and gives them time to maybe backup their current configuration, so just incase theres a problem, they can be roll it back to the previous working state.

And another thing that might help, is that EVERY update has an incremental change to the version number...we've been on 1.25.0 for months, it should be 1.25.34, or 1.30 by now....
I could see this being more user friendly, but you can disable auto update as it is to avoid your worries.

For anyone having issues with DE mode with the updated version try this one: https://mega.nz/#!loRCjSAQ!9TaUwv2yO...yzNyONObQInsbQ
This is the first version since the change to allow suspend on a remote server. It works for me, and FYI, between this version and the one before it I was prompted by my Firewall to allow it.
If it doesn't work, I can upload the version just prior to it for testing.
With Lsmash 2019.11.16, Scripts 2019.11.13, MKVtoolnix 40.0.0, and Core 2019.11.16
It also works for me, and I believe those are the most recent versions.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2019, 08:49   #17769  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
I could see this being more user friendly, but you can disable auto update as it is to avoid your worries.

For anyone having issues with DE mode with the updated version try this one: https://mega.nz/#!loRCjSAQ!9TaUwv2yO...yzNyONObQInsbQ
This is the first version since the change to allow suspend on a remote server. It works for me, and FYI, between this version and the one before it I was prompted by my Firewall to allow it.
If it doesn't work, I can upload the version just prior to it for testing.
With Lsmash 2019.11.16, Scripts 2019.11.13, MKVtoolnix 40.0.0, and Core 2019.11.16
It also works for me, and I believe those are the most recent versions.
Hey byteshare,

Just noticed your post...

I know that you can disable auto update, but then you could fall a long way behind with updates...it would be nice if it wasn't "sneaky". lol.

I will download your "version" and see what it does, but the last one that DE work for me, was core 22-10-19, EC 1.15.2.

I was going to post the pre core 08-11-19, EC 1.16.0 version for people to fall back on.

edit: just tried your build, still doesn't work for me

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 17th November 2019 at 09:05.
Pauly Dunne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2019, 09:06   #17770  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
I will download your "version" and see what it does, but the last one that DE work for me, was core 22-10-19, EC 1.15.2.

I was going to post the pre core 08-11-19, EC 1.16.0 version for people to fall back on.
Yeah, you could post that.
I'm not sure what is causing issues for people because it works for me.
You could try running RipBot from a different folder name, and if you have a firewall or any thing else setup it should treat RB like it is a new program and prompt you to allow traffic and/or maybe if something else is blocking RB than that other thing blocking RB wont? Not sure, just trying to put some ideas out there.
I'm using FFMS2 as the decoder, but I think you and several other people are not using Lsmash as the default decoder for most things.
Quote:
edit: just tried your build, still doesn't work for me
Okay, what ever changed it started with that version then for the people that are having issues with DE.
Does non-DE mode work?

Last edited by byteshare; 17th November 2019 at 09:08.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2019, 09:59   #17771  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
Yeah, you could post that.
I'm not sure what is causing issues for people because it works for me.
You could try running RipBot from a different folder name, and if you have a firewall or any thing else setup it should treat RB like it is a new program and prompt you to allow traffic and/or maybe if something else is blocking RB than that other thing blocking RB wont? Not sure, just trying to put some ideas out there.
Quote:
I'm using FFMS2 as the decoder, but I think you and several other people are not using Lsmash as the default decoder for most things

Isn't that almost a contradiction...I am using Lsmash, but that won't have any affect on DE.

I've got all the firewalls turned off...

Quote:
Okay, what ever changed it started with that version then for the people that are having issues with DE.
Does non-DE mode work?
Haven't had any problems when not using DE !!

I don't really know why we're stuffing around with this, its clearly a problem that has to be resolved by the dev.
Old 17th November 2019, 10:00   #17772  |  Link
Privateer5000

@byteshare
Non-DE Mode is working for me with every Version, just DE Mode is broken.
What Firewall are you using? But shouldn't the Test with nmap make sure that the Firewall lets Traffic through?
I do not think that the choice of the Decoder ist causing the Problem because we never get that far that it is used. I will try your Version later that das, also your Suggestion to use a new Folder, maybe IT helps.

But there is something that must be said. @Pauly Dunne: you have eine good points and in some points i totally agree with you. Yes, IT would have been nice to get more Info about what was changed or even get es little hint If our testing ist helpfull or points in the wrong direction. Also your Idea with the PopUp Windows with an Update Notification ist good, wanted to make a Feature request myself after the actual Problem is solved. But i totally disagree with the way you are posting. Like Atak Said, Ripbot ist a free Software, i guess He ist making it Out of Passion and in his free time, because i do not believe he can live from the donations He may or may Not receive. No one of us has any right to ask for or request something. We all can be thankful that he shares his work with us instead of doing it only for himself. So please Stop your childish Kindergarten-like way of Posting ("better Lück next time"), it is not helpful. I would totally understand it when Atak Stop the Public support for Ripbot If everybody treats him Like you did.
Like i said, you have good ideas that i support, but not the way how you post here
Old 17th November 2019, 10:14   #17773  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privateer5000 View Post
@byteshare
Non-DE Mode is working for me with every Version, just DE Mode is broken.
What Firewall are you using? But shouldn't the Test with nmap make sure that the Firewall lets Traffic through?
I do not think that the choice of the Decoder ist causing the Problem because we never get that far that it is used. I will try your Version later that das, also your Suggestion to use a new Folder, maybe IT helps.

But there is something that must be said. @Pauly Dunne: you have eine good points and in some points i totally agree with you. Yes, IT would have been nice to get more Info about what was changed or even get es little hint If our testing ist helpfull or points in the wrong direction. Also your Idea with the PopUp Windows with an Update Notification ist good, wanted to make a Feature request myself after the actual Problem is solved. But i totally disagree with the way you are posting. Like Atak Said, Ripbot ist a free Software, i guess He ist making it Out of Passion and in his free time, because i do not believe he can live from the donations He may or may Not receive. No one of us has any right to ask for or request something. We all can be thankful that he shares his work with us instead of doing it only for himself. So please Stop your childish Kindergarten-like way of Posting ("better Lück next time"), it is not helpful. I would totally understand it when Atak Stop the Public support for Ripbot If everybody treats him Like you did.
Like i said, you have good ideas that i support, but not the way how you post here
Fair enough Privateer5000, I will take your comments into consideration.

However, I don't really think it's childish to say "better luck next time", when you're waiting for something, and it doesn't happen.

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 17th November 2019 at 11:28.
Old 17th November 2019, 11:36   #17774  |  Link
slalom

I read about your problems
My DE works fine even after yesterdays update (win 7 everywere)
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2019, 12:24   #17775  |  Link
Ronski

Quote:
Yes just like that.

I use Ripbot as is, no modifications apart from what's in the settings, and then it's only very minor things I change from default. Ripbot still works fine when not using DE, so my encodes currently take a little longer.

I have two encoding servers on the machine which hosts Ripbot, surely if it was a firewall issue they would still work? I also turned off my AV which made no difference. Just tried using the other machine (W7) as the host and it still doesn't work, so doesn't seem to be a Windows 10 thing.

A few years back I wrote some free software, and it's user base was very limited (unlike Ripbot), but support was hard and trying to keep up with every ones requests was time consuming. I did implement an auto update system, but the user had total control, there was also an option to backup the old version, and always a change log, there was also a beta version and release version
Ronski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2019, 13:58   #17776  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronski View Post
Yes just like that.

I use Ripbot as is, no modifications apart from what's in the settings, and then it's only very minor things I change from default. Ripbot still works fine when not using DE, so my encodes currently take a little longer.

I have two encoding servers on the machine which hosts Ripbot, surely if it was a firewall issue they would still work? I also turned off my AV which made no difference. Just tried using the other machine (W7) as the host and it still doesn't work, so doesn't seem to be a Windows 10 thing.

A few years back I wrote some free software, and it's user base was very limited (unlike Ripbot), but support was hard and trying to keep up with every ones requests was time consuming. I did implement an auto update system, but the user had total control, there was also an option to backup the old version, and always a change log, there was also a beta version and release version
Yes, it's certainly strange how it's working for some, and not for others, and I guess that will be hard to diagnose, and fix.

And I have certainly been rubbing some people up the wrong way, but I'm just trying to get a point across....
Old 17th November 2019, 14:06   #17777  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

So I thought I'd post another "special" build of RB, which is v 1.25.0, core v 26-12-19, EC 1.17.0

It's the latest build, but has a couple of "handy" extra's

https://www.mediafire.com/file/96g4o...Bot264.7z/file

I hope this will be useful for some....

I've had 24 downloads of this previous build I made available here:-

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vmd9rx...%2529.rar/file

I think this was the build prior to the auto chunk combining (it worked for me)

I have removed these links, as they are really no longer relevant.

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 12th January 2020 at 00:40.
Old 17th November 2019, 14:42   #17778  |  Link
Privateer5000

Just double checked for the Firewall. I deactivated the Firewall and deleted the Rules concerning Ripbot but sadly no change. Running from another Directory did not change anything either. So i have to stick with 1.24 until this is fixed or perhaps Pauly is uploading his Version Core 22-10-19, EC 1.15.2. I do not know what else i could test for now.

Edit says: Pauly was faster :-) Thanks for the Upload
Old 17th November 2019, 14:44   #17779  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Let's investigate this issue STEP by STEP
1) Enable builtin system firewall and disable ALL 3rd party software like antivirus/antimalware
2) Open Firewall settings and remove all entries regarding encodingclient.exe and encodingserver.exe

3) Restart PC
4) Now when you click on EncodingServer.exe you should see this pop-up window

5) Now run nmap.exe with this command line nmap.exe -Pn -p 1000 [YOUR IP HERE]

Port is Open and EncodingServer also detected connection from nmap.

And here working connection between EncodingClient.exe and EncodingServer.exe

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 17th November 2019 at 14:49.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2019, 16:18   #17780  |  Link
Privateer5000

So, did Step 1-4.
This is Result for Step 5

It says Port 1000 is open, but the Encoding Server shows no reaction

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360