Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2010, 04:26   #7101  |  Link
Moviewatcher666
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 60
solved my problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willobee View Post
Try adding MIN_M2TS_SIZE=700 to the BDREBUILDER .ini file. You can copy and past it from the HIDDENOPTS.TXT file. This should keep the menus from being re-encoded (I think this command means do not re-encode anything under 700 Mb). If you still have the problem try a larger number. I use this command this for all concert blu-rays because for some reason thier menus refuse to work after being re-encoded.
Hey Willobee,

I have been trying for weeks to get Groundhog Day Region A to work in my Panasonic BD-35. I ripped and transcoded as BD25 full disk and the studio logo would play but would go no further. It would not play the Blu-ray ad video or the menus.

I tried your trick above and lo and behold, my Panasonic will now play the BD25 complete with menus. All other movies that I have tried (except for Drag Me To Hell) worked so I could not figure out why Groundhog Day would not. Now I am going to try Drag Me To Hell with the same setting and see what happens.

So the Panasonic BD-35 is very picky about what get transcoded.

Thank you for your tip. I am very please that it worked.

Jdobbs, thanks again for the great program and all the hard work you are putting into it. A donation will definitely be coming your way.

Last edited by Moviewatcher666; 3rd March 2010 at 14:39.
Moviewatcher666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 08:31   #7102  |  Link
mochevolete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
That's your choice, of course, but I can't guarantee it will work.
it's working
right now is encoding

Nik
mochevolete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 13:44   #7103  |  Link
ViolentA79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 9
Not sure what happened here. One of my first errors...

-----------------------
[21:06:18] BD Rebuilder v0.32.05 (beta)
- Source: 2012
- Input BD size: 38.79 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:53:02.914]
- Target BD size: 22.90 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- One Pass ABR Mode enabled
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[21:06:20] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [21:06:20] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00423]
- [21:06:21] Reencoding: VID_00423 (1 of 9)
- [21:06:21] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 173 frames
- [21:06:21] Reencoding: VID_00423, Pass 1 of 1
- [21:06:30] Video Encode complete
- [21:06:30] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [21:06:30] Multiplexing M2TS
- [21:06:30] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00398]
- [21:06:36] Reencoding: VID_00398 (2 of 9)
- [21:06:36] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-2, 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 1,440 frames
- [21:06:36] Reencoding: VID_00398, Pass 1 of 1
- [21:07:09] Video Encode complete
- [21:07:09] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [21:07:09] Multiplexing M2TS
- [21:07:10] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00433]
- [21:07:16] Reencoding: VID_00433 (3 of 9)
- [21:07:16] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 1,489 frames
- [21:07:16] Reencoding: VID_00433, Pass 1 of 1
- [21:08:11] Video Encode complete
- [21:08:11] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [21:08:11] Multiplexing M2TS
- [21:08:12] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00742]
- [21:08:22] Reencoding: VID_00742 (4 of 9)
- [21:08:22] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 2,521 frames
- [21:08:22] Reencoding: VID_00742, Pass 1 of 1
- [21:10:06] Video Encode complete
- [21:10:06] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [21:10:06] Multiplexing M2TS
- [21:10:08] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00504]
- [21:10:21] Reencoding: VID_00504 (5 of 9)
- [21:10:21] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 3,505 frames
- [21:10:21] Reencoding: VID_00504, Pass 1 of 1
- [21:12:45] Video Encode complete
- [21:12:45] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [21:12:45] Multiplexing M2TS
- [21:12:48] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00450]
- [21:13:01] Reencoding: VID_00450 (6 of 9)
- [21:13:01] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 3,529 frames
- [21:13:01] Reencoding: VID_00450, Pass 1 of 1
- [21:15:31] Video Encode complete
- [21:15:31] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [21:15:31] Multiplexing M2TS
- [21:15:34] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00503]
- [21:15:50] Reencoding: VID_00503 (7 of 9)
- [21:15:50] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 4,153 frames
- [21:15:50] Reencoding: VID_00503, Pass 1 of 1
- [21:18:40] Video Encode complete
- [21:18:40] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [21:18:40] Multiplexing M2TS
- [21:18:45] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00428]
- [21:19:03] Reencoding: VID_00428 (8 of 9)
- [21:19:03] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 5,091 frames
- [21:19:03] Reencoding: VID_00428, Pass 1 of 1
[21:21:57]PHASE ONE aborted by user request
-----------------------
[21:22:35] BD Rebuilder v0.32.05 (beta)
- Source: 2012
- Input BD size: 38.79 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:53:02.914]
- Target BD size: 22.90 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- One Pass ABR Mode enabled
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[21:22:39] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [21:22:39] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00423]
- [21:22:40] Reencoding: VID_00423 (1 of 9)
- [21:22:40] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 173 frames
- [21:22:40] Reencoding: VID_00423, Pass 1 of 1
- [21:22:48] Video Encode complete
- [21:22:48] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [21:22:48] Multiplexing M2TS
- [21:22:48] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00398]
- [21:22:53] Reencoding: VID_00398 (2 of 9)
- [21:22:53] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-2, 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 1,440 frames
- [21:22:53] Reencoding: VID_00398, Pass 1 of 1
- [21:23:27] Video Encode complete
- [21:23:27] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [21:23:27] Multiplexing M2TS
- [21:23:27] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00433]
- [21:23:33] Reencoding: VID_00433 (3 of 9)
- [21:23:33] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 1,489 frames
- [21:23:33] Reencoding: VID_00433, Pass 1 of 1
- [21:24:28] Video Encode complete
- [21:24:28] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [21:24:28] Multiplexing M2TS
- [21:24:29] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00742]
- [21:24:38] Reencoding: VID_00742 (4 of 9)
- [21:24:38] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 2,521 frames
- [21:24:38] Reencoding: VID_00742, Pass 1 of 1
- [21:26:14] Video Encode complete
- [21:26:14] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [21:26:14] Multiplexing M2TS
- [21:26:16] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00504]
- [21:26:30] Reencoding: VID_00504 (5 of 9)
- [21:26:30] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 3,505 frames
- [21:26:30] Reencoding: VID_00504, Pass 1 of 1
- [21:28:50] Video Encode complete
- [21:28:50] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [21:28:50] Multiplexing M2TS
- [21:28:53] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00450]
- [21:29:06] Reencoding: VID_00450 (6 of 9)
- [21:29:06] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 3,529 frames
- [21:29:06] Reencoding: VID_00450, Pass 1 of 1
- [21:31:25] Video Encode complete
- [21:31:25] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [21:31:25] Multiplexing M2TS
- [21:31:27] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00503]
- [21:31:42] Reencoding: VID_00503 (7 of 9)
- [21:31:42] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 4,153 frames
- [21:31:42] Reencoding: VID_00503, Pass 1 of 1
- [21:34:20] Video Encode complete
- [21:34:20] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [21:34:20] Multiplexing M2TS
- [21:34:23] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00428]
- [21:34:42] Reencoding: VID_00428 (8 of 9)
- [21:34:42] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 5,091 frames
- [21:34:42] Reencoding: VID_00428, Pass 1 of 1
- [21:37:43] Video Encode complete
- [21:37:43] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [21:37:43] Multiplexing M2TS
- [21:37:46] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00740]
- [21:58:32] Reencoding: VID_00740 (9 of 9)
- [21:58:32] Reencoding secondary video [TRK_02]
- [22:21:13] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 227,040 frames
- Bitrate: 12,359 Kbs
- [22:21:13] Reencoding: VID_00740, Pass 1 of 1
- [01:01:47] Video Encode complete
- [01:01:47] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [01:01:47] Multiplexing M2TS
[01:16:25]PHASE ONE complete
[01:16:25]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [01:16:25] Rebuilding BD file Structure
- [07:41:34] RebuildBDFiles() 00006 2203
[07:41:39] - Aborted at user request
-----------------------
ViolentA79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:53   #7104  |  Link
Revgen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Near LA, California, USA
Posts: 1,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviewatcher666 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willobee View Post
Try adding MIN_M2TS_SIZE=700 to the BDREBUILDER .ini file. You can copy and past it from the HIDDENOPTS.TXT file. This should keep the menus from being re-encoded (I think this command means do not re-encode anything under 700 Mb). If you still have the problem try a larger number. I use this command this for all concert blu-rays because for some reason thier menus refuse to work after being re-encoded.
Hey Willobee,

I have been trying for weeks to get Groundhog Day Region A to work in my Panasonic BD-35. I ripped and transcoded as BD25 full disk and the studio logo would play but would go no further. It would not play the Blu-ray ad video or the menus.

I tried your trick above and lo and behold, my Panasonic will now play the BD25 complete with menus. All other movies that I have tried (except for Drag Me To Hell) worked so I could not figure out why Groundhog Day would not. Now I am going to try Drag Me To Hell with the same setting and see what happens.

So the Panasonic BD-35 is very picky about what get transcoded.

Thank you for your tip. I am very please that it worked.

Jdobbs, thanks again for the great program and all the hard work you are putting into it. A donation will definitely be coming your way.
From what I understand, Menus use a different MiniCR than the movie does. That may be causing the problem.
__________________
Pirate: Now how would you like to die? Would you like to have your head chopped off or be burned at the stake?

Curly: Burned at the stake!

Moe: Why?

Curly: A hot steak is always better than a cold chop.
Revgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:21   #7105  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochevolete View Post
it's working
right now is encoding

Nik
Thanks. I guess it's time I started testing a newer release, as 3133 is getting old.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:24   #7106  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentA79 View Post
Not sure what happened here. One of my first errors...

...

01:16:25]PHASE ONE complete
[01:16:25]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [01:16:25] Rebuilding BD file Structure
- [07:41:34] RebuildBDFiles() 00006 2203
[07:41:39] - Aborted at user request
-----------------------
That's an overflow error, and probably means I made a poor choice in type of variable somewhere in that section of code. I'll check it out. I haven't bought my copy of 2012 yet, but was planning to do so.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net

Last edited by jdobbs; 3rd March 2010 at 15:31.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:53   #7107  |  Link
Capsbackup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,995
My BD9 full backup of 2012, region A, on XP Pro went through perfectly!
I did have secondary video/audio disabled though.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:02   #7108  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,393
@ViolentA79

What did you use to rip 2012? I've had a few instances reported recently of oddities happening with DVDFab rips. I always use AnyDVD.

At the point you experienced the error (2203) BD-RB is in a loop copying unchanged files from the source to the target... that's a weird place to get an error.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net

Last edited by jdobbs; 3rd March 2010 at 17:05.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:14   #7109  |  Link
tonimacarronis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7
-----------------------
[17:12:36] BD Rebuilder v0.32.04 (beta)
- Source: UNDERWORLD_EVOLUTION
- Input BD size: 32,54 GB
- Approximate total content: [03:38:06.856]
- Target BD size: 22,90 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[17:12:36] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [17:12:36] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00025]
- [17:12:37] Reencoding: VID_00025 (1 of 23)
- [17:12:37] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-2, 720x576
- Rate/Length: 25,000fps, 489 frames
- [17:12:37] Reencoding: VID_00025, Pass 1 of 1
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- [17:12:37] Video Encode complete
- [17:12:37] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [17:12:37] Multiplexing M2TS
- Error in attempt to multiplex: MUX_00025.meta
- Can't open file: C:\WORKING_BDREBUILDER\WORKFILES\VID_00025.AVS.MKV
[17:12:37] - Failed to build structure, aborted
tonimacarronis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:45   #7110  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonimacarronis View Post
-----------------------
[17:12:36] BD Rebuilder v0.32.04 (beta)
- Source: UNDERWORLD_EVOLUTION
- Input BD size: 32,54 GB
- Approximate total content: [03:38:06.856]
- Target BD size: 22,90 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[17:12:36] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [17:12:36] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00025]
- [17:12:37] Reencoding: VID_00025 (1 of 23)
- [17:12:37] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-2, 720x576
- Rate/Length: 25,000fps, 489 frames
- [17:12:37] Reencoding: VID_00025, Pass 1 of 1
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- [17:12:37] Video Encode complete
- [17:12:37] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [17:12:37] Multiplexing M2TS
- Error in attempt to multiplex: MUX_00025.meta
- Can't open file: C:\WORKING_BDREBUILDER\WORKFILES\VID_00025.AVS.MKV
[17:12:37] - Failed to build structure, aborted
It couldn't encode the segment -- probably because of CODEC issues. Look in FFDSHOW setup and make sure you have MPEG-2 set to "libavcodec". If that is correct, look and make sure you don't have any "codec packs" installed. They can screw up things. Check and make sure you are using FFDSHOW v3133 and AVISYNTH v2.57.

Upgrade to v0.32.05 (see the first post of this thread). The one you are using has issues.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net

Last edited by jdobbs; 3rd March 2010 at 17:47.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:37   #7111  |  Link
Macota
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 17
Ok, I uninstalled everything and reinstalled the software listed at the beginning of this guide. A/V extracting is only using 1-15% of my cpu even on normal and it is taking forever. Then it just errors out when going to decode stating ffdshow (3133). If I try to run REG_MSCOMCTL under admin it just gives me an error regarding mscomctl.ocx. The exact error I cannot recall but can get it when I get home. I have also tried deleting and using a new instance of BD Rebuilder.

The first time I ran BD Rebuilder it had to make a registry change to DirectShow btw. Dont know if this is the same thing as the REG file is trying to do but I would assume it would let me rerun it but there must be another problem.

Just a side note, if I try to use Shark007 codecs the A/V extract (if it runs without an x264 error) is very fast, using 90%+ of both my cores.

If anyone has any ideas or has had these problems, I would appreciate the help.

Edit: I will post the log and exact errors when I get home tonight.
Macota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:22   #7112  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,393
Your post isn't making any sense. You're telling me that somehow the codecs are affecting the extract when in fact the two are completely unrelated. Then you tell me that you get an error when you try to run REG_MSCOMCTL... and I can't see why you are even running it since you only need to if you get an error saying "MSCOMCTL isn't installed". The error is probably telling you it won't register it because it's already registered. Last you tell me that installing the Shark007 codecs somehow miraculously makes the audio extract go faster... even though the extract is done by TSMUXER and never references the codecs in any manner whatsoever (and hardly uses any CPU).

In other words... huh????

I think you are confused. Something else is going on with your computer.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net

Last edited by jdobbs; 3rd March 2010 at 22:27.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 23:41   #7113  |  Link
Macota
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Your post isn't making any sense. You're telling me that somehow the codecs are affecting the extract when in fact the two are completely unrelated. Then you tell me that you get an error when you try to run REG_MSCOMCTL... and I can't see why you are even running it since you only need to if you get an error saying "MSCOMCTL isn't installed". The error is probably telling you it won't register it because it's already registered. Last you tell me that installing the Shark007 codecs somehow miraculously makes the audio extract go faster... even though the extract is done by TSMUXER and never references the codecs in any manner whatsoever (and hardly uses any CPU).

In other words... huh????

I think you are confused. Something else is going on with your computer.
What dont you understand?

With Shark007 the a/v extract goes very fast if it starts at all. Most of the time it will just popup an x264 error. The exact error I have to retrieve when I get home. Why did I tell you this? I don't know, because I thought the more information I give the better someone could help me. I have absolutely no idea why Shark007 would allow BD Rebuilder to extract the a/v quicker but it does for me. I can't use it though because of the x264 error I receive.

When I uninstall Shark007 and just install the recommended software at the beginning of this page the a/v extract goes extremely slow, taking probably 2 hours to extract and only using 1-15% of my CPU the whole time. I didn't know if this is supposed to be a CPU intensive process or what software it uses, I just know that it seems to take unreasonably long based on what others are saying on here.

Once it is done extracting the a/v it begins to encode or decode (whichever it is) but spits back a very basic error, again I have to retreive this info when I get home. It basically just says something like the error is ffdshow (3133). If I install a different version of ffdshow it gives the exact same error but changes the version number of course.

You say that it just uses tsmuxer, is this built in or is it your own version? I ask because using the stand alone tsmuxer it is very fast for me, often taking about 30min. Using Ripbot it demuxes files in about the same amount of time.

I can't say for certain there isn't a problem with my system but the only issue I appear to be having is with BD Rebuilder or one of the required pieces of software it uses.

Why did I run the REG_MSCOMCTL? Because searching through this page one user suggested to another that it be done and since I was uninstalling everything and starting from scratch I thought I should too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
@mochevolete;
Try this:
uninstall your ffdshow, haali and avisynth. Reboot. Download the supported ones at the first page of this bug report thread. Install them.
Then unzip a fresh new BD-RB, right click on "REG_MSCOMCTL.BAT" and select run it as administrator."
Then, if that does not work, right click on BD_Rebuilder.EXE and select "Run as Administrator" .
You should be ready to go.

Last edited by Macota; 3rd March 2010 at 23:45.
Macota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 00:02   #7114  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,393
Sigh... I understand what you said perfectly. But I'm telling you it is nonsense.

I'm done with this conversation... you're looking for an argument and I don't have time for it.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 01:13   #7115  |  Link
Macota
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Sigh... I understand what you said perfectly. But I'm telling you it is nonsense.

I'm done with this conversation... you're looking for an argument and I don't have time for it.
You understand, yet you say my post doesn't make sense. So clearly you don't understand. Btw, I am not trying to start an argument. If I wanted that there are a lot more creative ways to go about it. It certainly looks like you are looking for an argument though, saying what I am telling you is nonsense.

Please, don't get defensive about your software. I am just asking for help. If you have nothing to contribute then by all means do ignore my posts. However, saying it must just be my computer is a cop out. I understand this program is in beta and might not work with all setups but that is not at the fault of my system. It is a limitation of the software.

Also, I was not saying that ffdshow was the reason for or against a/v extract running fast or slow. I merly relaying what I was seeing to happen on my computer. If you choose to disbelieve me that that is fine.

Truthfully, I am here because I don't understand how all this works. I believe I said that in another post. Please don't fall under the impression that I know every in and out of decoding, encoding or recoding.

So, does ANYONE ELSE have any ideas on what might the problem be or has anyone else had any of these specific problems?

Thanks

Last edited by Macota; 4th March 2010 at 01:31.
Macota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 01:17   #7116  |  Link
Priapismic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macota View Post
Wow, just wow. How you get along with anyone I dont understand.
There is much that you do not understand.
Priapismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 01:33   #7117  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macota View Post
Wow, just wow. How you get along with anyone I dont understand.
Yeah, I guess working hundreds of hours building a package that I just give to people for free isn't enough. I should also go over to everyone's house and sing "cum-bah-yah" with them to make sure they aren't offended when I state simple facts.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 01:54   #7118  |  Link
Macota
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Yeah, I guess working hundreds of hours building a package that I just give to people for free isn't enough. I should also go over to everyone's house and sing "cum-bah-yah" with them to make sure they aren't offended when I state simple facts.
Go read the first response you typed to me on the other thread. You have had a problem since the first word you typed.

Did I ever once say I didn't appreciate the work you put into the program? No, I was just asking for help with it.

Did I specifically ask you for help? Absolutely not!

Did I ever say that I expected anything more of you? Nope!

The program isn't working for me and you just jump to the conclusion that what I am saying is nonsense and the problem is on my end. Yeah, you are really trying to help people out. I rather you not respond at all then act the way you are. You have some serious social issues.

You know what forget it, if I have to post in this thread for help it isn't worth it. Not letting you take whatever frustration you have out on me.

Good luck with the program .. and the attitude.
Macota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 02:03   #7119  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,393
Any time you have to write more than one paragraph as a response, you are defending yourself -- not making a point. This is a thread for bug reports, not arguments. In my second response I said that is what you were looking for (an argument), and your last two posts have only proven that point.

Do you honestly think your need to be perceived as "right" isn't obvious in your responses? I explained clearly in my first response that there is something else at fault because the codec pack is not involved in the extraction. That should have been enough -- but you had to then respond with a lengthy diatribe to defend your position. If you truly want to "understand how all this works" then listen when you are told.

Suck it up and move on. I'm trying to do some real work here.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net

Last edited by jdobbs; 4th March 2010 at 02:07.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 02:38   #7120  |  Link
Willobee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviewatcher666 View Post
Hey Willobee,

I have been trying for weeks to get Groundhog Day Region A to work in my Panasonic BD-35. I ripped and transcoded as BD25 full disk and the studio logo would play but would go no further. It would not play the Blu-ray ad video or the menus.

I tried your trick above and lo and behold, my Panasonic will now play the BD25 complete with menus. All other movies that I have tried (except for Drag Me To Hell) worked so I could not figure out why Groundhog Day would not. Now I am going to try Drag Me To Hell with the same setting and see what happens.

So the Panasonic BD-35 is very picky about what get transcoded.

Thank you for your tip. I am very please that it worked.

Jdobbs, thanks again for the great program and all the hard work you are putting into it. A donation will definitely be coming your way.
@moviewatcher666

Not my trick. I learned this by searching and reading this thread. My advice to anyone with questions about this program is to do the same. Rather than post the question search and read you shall find an answer to your questions.

@jodobbs

Your hard work is very much appreciated by all, anyways hang in there and thanks for all of your efforts.

Last edited by Guest; 4th March 2010 at 02:51. Reason: delete gratuitous ad hominem
Willobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.