Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 23rd January 2010, 19:42   #41  |  Link
sheck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 203
OK, I'll add it.
sheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 06:44   #42  |  Link
setarip_old
Registered User
 
setarip_old's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,272
Thank you ;>}

BTW - Perhaps not stated because it's all too obvious but, you should let folks know that it works equally as well with single files as it does with batches...

Last edited by setarip_old; 24th January 2010 at 06:46.
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2010, 01:10   #43  |  Link
sheck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 203
v 0.4.0.0 Released

Changes:

* MKVcleaver can now be maximized and resized
* Position and size settings are now stored in custom.ini
* Saving of position and size can be turned on and off by pressing Alt+Shift+R
* Track setting are now only reset if information about the files has changed.
* Remove button will be grayed out until at least one file is checked in the left pane.
* Extract button will be grayed out until something that can be extracted is checked in either left or right panes.
* Double right click on a file in the left pane to get detailed info on a file.
* 2-letter language tag can be appended to the end of audio and subtitle tracks.
* Language tag can be turned off and on by right click in the upper right corner of Filename Options box.
* Language tag option is saved in custom.ini file.

Everything else will be added upon either majority requests or my own whim.
sheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 04:48   #44  |  Link
Caroliano
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 392
It is crashing on me in the middle of extraction of subtitles, chapters and atachments of 26 files. The fist time it stoped answering on episode 9, when I tried to reproduce it, it crashed at episode 10. I'm using Win7 64bits, and MKVtoolnix 3.1.0. Here the crash report:
Code:
Assinatura do problema:
  Nome do Evento de Problema:	APPCRASH
  Nome do Aplicativo:	MKVcleaver0400.exe
  Versão do Aplicativo:	0.4.0.0
  Carimbo de Data/Hora do Aplicativo:	4b509352
  Nome do Módulo de Falhas:	ntdll.dll
  Versão do Módulo de Falhas:	6.1.7600.16385
  Carimbo de Data/Hora do Módulo de Falhas:	4a5bdb3b
  Código de Exceção:	c0000005
  Deslocamento de Exceção:	0002e29b
  Versão do sistema operacional:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Identificação da Localidade:	1046
  Informações Adicionais 1:	0a9e
  Informações Adicionais 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Informações Adicionais 3:	0a9e
  Informações Adicionais 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
If there is something else I can do to help the debug, please say.

It is an very handy tool. Thank you.

EDIT: I tried again, only from epi 9 onwards, and it crashed at the episode 10 again. If I extract only episode 9 or 10 alone, it does not crash, and the extraction goes fine. It also worked from episode 11 to 26 in batch mode fine. The problem I see is that episode 1-10 have only 2 subtitle tracks, while 11-26 have 3.

I'm asking to extract the first subtitle track in each archieve, and they are equal for all them. It should do what I ask, or at least give an warning.

Last edited by Caroliano; 27th January 2010 at 05:03.
Caroliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 10:21   #45  |  Link
setarip_old
Registered User
 
setarip_old's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,272
@scheck

More often than not, when completed, shows "99%" rather than 100% and no statement "Finished"
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 20:06   #46  |  Link
sheck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@scheck

More often than not, when completed, shows "99%" rather than 100% and no statement "Finished"
It does go to %100, but you won't see it, 'cause it then clears the statusbar on finish. Statement "Finished" is not needed.
sheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 20:12   #47  |  Link
setarip_old
Registered User
 
setarip_old's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,272
@scheck

If by "status bar" you are referring to the lower section of the window where the percentage completed appears, that is exactly the problem I am seeing.

Many times, although the process has obviously completed, the status bar stops and indefinitely stays at "99%".
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 20:16   #48  |  Link
sheck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroliano View Post
It is crashing on me in the middle of extraction of subtitles, chapters and atachments of 26 files. The fist time it stoped answering on episode 9, when I tried to reproduce it, it crashed at episode 10. I'm using Win7 64bits, and MKVtoolnix 3.1.0. Here the crash report:
Code:
Assinatura do problema:
  Nome do Evento de Problema:	APPCRASH
  Nome do Aplicativo:	MKVcleaver0400.exe
  Versão do Aplicativo:	0.4.0.0
  Carimbo de Data/Hora do Aplicativo:	4b509352
  Nome do Módulo de Falhas:	ntdll.dll
  Versão do Módulo de Falhas:	6.1.7600.16385
  Carimbo de Data/Hora do Módulo de Falhas:	4a5bdb3b
  Código de Exceção:	c0000005
  Deslocamento de Exceção:	0002e29b
  Versão do sistema operacional:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Identificação da Localidade:	1046
  Informações Adicionais 1:	0a9e
  Informações Adicionais 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Informações Adicionais 3:	0a9e
  Informações Adicionais 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
If there is something else I can do to help the debug, please say.

It is an very handy tool. Thank you.

EDIT: I tried again, only from epi 9 onwards, and it crashed at the episode 10 again. If I extract only episode 9 or 10 alone, it does not crash, and the extraction goes fine. It also worked from episode 11 to 26 in batch mode fine. The problem I see is that episode 1-10 have only 2 subtitle tracks, while 11-26 have 3.

I'm asking to extract the first subtitle track in each archieve, and they are equal for all them. It should do what I ask, or at least give an warning.
Well, I don't have Win 7 and MKVcleaver was designed to run on 32 bit OS. So, I can only guess as to what to do.

When it crashes, does it display some sort of error or just disappears ?

Since it is 64 bit, try running in XP compatibility mode.

I just tested it on my PC with files that have 3 subtitle tracks and 2 subtitle tracks and MKVcleaver did not crash.

Edit: eventually I will get WIN 7 64 bit for testing and design 64 bit version of MKVcleaver. But that day might not be in the nearest future.

Last edited by sheck; 27th January 2010 at 20:28.
sheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 20:17   #49  |  Link
sheck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@scheck

If by "status bar" you are referring to the lower section of the window where the percentage completed appears, that is exactly the problem I am seeing.

Many times, although the process has obviously completed, the status bar stops and indefinitely stays at "99%".
Well, yeah that shouldn't happen.

Could you describe exactly what you do and in which cases this happens, because I cannot reproduce this behavior ? On my PC the status bar is blank when MKVcleaver finishes.
sheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 20:48   #50  |  Link
setarip_old
Registered User
 
setarip_old's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,272
@scheck

I have been testing its ability to extract subtitle streams with individual MKVs (NOT batches), as follows:

1) Drag & drop MKV file into leftside window
2) Click on "+" to expand the MKV's tree
3) Place a checkmark to the left of the "Subtitle track" lited in the tree in the leftside window
4) Click on "Extract tracks!" radiobutton
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 00:34   #51  |  Link
ron spencer
DVD Magistrate
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sodor
Posts: 988
I cannot get it to work at all...I get the error:

Line 2473 (File "C:\thepath\MKVcleaver0400.exe"):

Error: Array variable subscript badly formatted.
ron spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 01:26   #52  |  Link
war59312
war59312.com
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheck View Post
Changes:

* MKVcleaver can now be maximized and resized
* Position and size settings are now stored in custom.ini
* Saving of position and size can be turned on and off by pressing Alt+Shift+R
* Track setting are now only reset if information about the files has changed.
* Remove button will be grayed out until at least one file is checked in the left pane.
* Extract button will be grayed out until something that can be extracted is checked in either left or right panes.
* Double right click on a file in the left pane to get detailed info on a file.
* 2-letter language tag can be appended to the end of audio and subtitle tracks.
* Language tag can be turned off and on by right click in the upper right corner of Filename Options box.
* Language tag option is saved in custom.ini file.

Everything else will be added upon either majority requests or my own whim.
Nice!

Though sadly it is not remembering if it is maximized or not, maximized=1 seems to have no effect.
war59312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 01:29   #53  |  Link
sheck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by war59312 View Post
Nice!

Though sadly it is not remembering if it is maximized or not, maximized=1 seems to have no effect.
It works fine on my PC. Make sure resize=1 is set too.

What OS are you running it on ?
sheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 01:32   #54  |  Link
sheck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron spencer View Post
I cannot get it to work at all...I get the error:

Line 2473 (File "C:\thepath\MKVcleaver0400.exe"):

Error: Array variable subscript badly formatted.
What OS are you running ? I was getting this problem in Wine. I hope you're not running it under Wine, that's not supported.

If not, then describe step by step what you're doing, so I can recreate this problem.

Last edited by sheck; 28th January 2010 at 01:36.
sheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 01:38   #55  |  Link
sheck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@scheck

I have been testing its ability to extract subtitle streams with individual MKVs (NOT batches), as follows:

1) Drag & drop MKV file into leftside window
2) Click on "+" to expand the MKV's tree
3) Place a checkmark to the left of the "Subtitle track" lited in the tree in the leftside window
4) Click on "Extract tracks!" radiobutton
Can you post a screen shot of this problem ? No matter what I do, I cannot get this to happen to me.
sheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 03:26   #56  |  Link
Caroliano
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheck View Post
Well, I don't have Win 7 and MKVcleaver was designed to run on 32 bit OS. So, I can only guess as to what to do.

When it crashes, does it display some sort of error or just disappears ?
It grays out (aero feature) and apears an default windows error message saying that the app stoped working, and additional details as I pasted here. MKVcleaver does not give any error by itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheck View Post
Since it is 64 bit, try running in XP compatibility mode.
That did the trick. Now it is working fine.

But now every time I open it apears the annoying UAC alert. Thus, real win7 64bit suport is still wanted. ^^'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheck View Post
Edit: eventually I will get WIN 7 64 bit for testing and design 64 bit version of MKVcleaver. But that day might not be in the nearest future.
Caroliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 04:32   #57  |  Link
ron spencer
DVD Magistrate
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sodor
Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheck View Post
What OS are you running ? I was getting this problem in Wine. I hope you're not running it under Wine, that's not supported.

If not, then describe step by step what you're doing, so I can recreate this problem.
XP Pro SP3

All I do is open the program, point to mkvtoolnix, open an MKV, choose it, then I just tried to extract something...nothing more.
ron spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 20:09   #58  |  Link
sheck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron spencer View Post
XP Pro SP3

All I do is open the program, point to mkvtoolnix, open an MKV, choose it, then I just tried to extract something...nothing more.
Ron, I'm running tests on MKVcleaver right now to try to recreate your problem. This might take a while...
sheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 20:55   #59  |  Link
ron spencer
DVD Magistrate
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sodor
Posts: 988
ok great!!

Not sure why there is a problem on my XP...bizzaro
ron spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 00:37   #60  |  Link
sheck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron spencer View Post
ok great!!

Not sure why there is a problem on my XP...bizzaro
Ron, can you make sure that mkvmerge is working properly ? Open command line and navigate to your mkvtoolnix folder and run: mkvmerge -i "mkv file" Make sure you get output.
sheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
batch extract, extractor, matroska, mkv, mkv batch, mkv decoder, mkvextract

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.