Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 29th August 2020, 16:16   #441  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

New option '-all' added in build 1.0.0.40. It shows all MPLS files, regardless of the playlist durations.
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2020, 22:58   #442  |  Link
outgoing

Nice, good added value! I don't know if this is possible or if it is too much of an investment in time. I'm talking about being able to add what language you are referring to if there is more than one angle. For example, in some films the angle is defined by the playlist number that identifies one language or another. There are different playlists for the same film and each playlist (angle) defines the language.
outgoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2020, 00:08   #443  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

I'll look into it.
Old 31st August 2020, 11:30   #444  |  Link
outgoing

Nice, some commercial players such as PowerDVD do not give you this information, they do not let you view the playlists associated with the blu-ray jumps, but dvdfab does inform you of the playlist for each jump and its associated m2ts.
This information is perfect for learning more about the internal structure and its composition on every blu-ray.
Old 31st August 2020, 12:01   #445  |  Link
von Suppé

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoh View Post
New option '-all' added in build 1.0.0.40. It shows all MPLS files, regardless of the playlist durations.
Wow, that was quick! Thanks videoh, works like a charm
von Suppé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2020, 02:45   #446  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

@outgoing

I cannot find anything in the bluray spec that specifies any language information for angles. Can you tell me exactly what I have to do to expose this information using DVDFab as you claimed?

And now you are talking about "bluray jumps", which means nothing to me. I have no plans to parse BD-J, if that is what you are thinking of.

@von Suppé

Happy to be able to help, and thank you for the request.

Last edited by videoh; 1st September 2020 at 03:22.
Old 1st September 2020, 04:40   #447  |  Link
outgoing

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoh View Post
@outgoing

I cannot find anything in the bluray spec that specifies any language information for angles. Can you tell me exactly what I have to do to expose this information using DVDFab as you claimed?

And now you are talking about "bluray jumps", which means nothing to me. I have no plans to parse BD-J, if that is what you are thinking of.
Yes, this information is actually contained in the jar of the bd-j. I have not looked at the internal structure of the .mpls but it is probably not stated there. What I was referring to is that there are certain movies that depending on the angle are associated with one mpls or another and activate the language corresponding to the angle of the video, this i have seen in the java structure.

In any case, more than grateful for your great development of the programme, which is a reference point in its field.
Old 1st September 2020, 18:41   #448  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by outgoing View Post
In any case, more than grateful for your great development of the programme, which is a reference point in its field.
Thank you. Happy that you find it useful.