Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 3rd April 2014, 14:23   #61  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Suppé View Post
Is it possible you can explain why, in plain english (or german PM) for a noob like me?
the eac3to logs, MPLS's, tracks.xml and chapters.xml helps me only for creating a mmg without having the bluray (m2ts-files).
Only with the whole BD i could make a mkv. So i can't test it completely.

Quote:
Edit: would it help you to provide you with HdBR SE log maybe?
mmh i think i dont need this log. but you can it upload if you like.

have you a link to this Bluray? i use from Amazon the online video library "Lovefilm". maybe the move is listed there.
or you upload the whole BD...

have you tested the BD demux button?

add all versions you want to have, press "OK" and "BD demux" then will eac3to demux all m2ts files in the right order.
(and mmg to create the both xml-files)

open a new mmg, insert the demuxed tracks and the tags.xml and chapters.xml and mux it.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 10:54   #62  |  Link
von Suppé

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
have you a link to this Bluray?
...or you upload the whole BD...
have you tested the BD demux button?
It's gotta be this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Close-Encounters-Third-Kind-3rd/dp/B005WH60A0/ref=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1396604590&sr=1-3&keywords=close+encounters+of+the+third+kind+30th+anniversary+ultimate+edition

also: http://www.blu-raystats.com/Stats/Details.php?ifb=CloseEncountersoftheThirdKind_43396228597

Then I have the Europe version, I guess

Wow, how long would it take to upload a 44GB image? And I don't think I'm allowed to...

I still haven't got the time to try things out as you said.

"Ah will be bak" tho...
von Suppé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 13:19   #63  |  Link
von Suppé

Quick testing results of version 0.15 with DTS-MA sound.

Direct remuxing by importing the mmg- + xml-files gives the same hickups again.

Your suggested way with the BD Demux button seems to do the job. In MPC-HC no more hickup, the durations are ok. As I do a lot of subtitle editing, it would seem convenient to be able to have the elementary streams of multi editions. Haven't looked into it deeper and will do some playing around with it later though.

A few questions: the demuxed DTS-MA track has .dtsma extension. I thought eac3to demuxed these streams default as .dtshd. It's not a big deal, but the stream doesn't show up initially when browsing in mmg's import window. One has to choose "All files" and then it pops up. Is it much work to make chapterEditor change this elementary stream extension to .dtshd?
Maybe not for me, but would it be possible to implement the different Dolby TrueHD possibilities for mkv? I can imagine people wanting to make a choice between the TrueHD track only, the AC3 track only, or AC3 track + TrueHD track, as mkv can't have both of them in 1 audiotrack. I think it would imply that both streams have to be demuxed then.

I will test with TrueHD, both TrueHD & DTS-MA and edited sup files also, when there's time.

FYI I haven't watched the mkv's all 3 versions in it's full glory yet. But things seem to be fine.

For now, thanks for the works
Old 6th April 2014, 23:06   #64  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

thank you for the links.

Quote:

Wow, how long would it take to upload a 44GB image? And I don't think I'm allowed to...
sure very long^^, and its illegal i think.

Quote:
Direct remuxing by importing the mmg- + xml-files gives the same hickups again.
then we found a bug in mmg :-) mmh not sure, but i will ask Mosu why it works for the single version but not for the appended m2ts files. (T2, with stream appending works very well)

Quote:
A few questions: the demuxed DTS-MA track has .dtsma extension. I thought eac3to demuxed these streams default as .dtshd. It's not a big deal, but the stream doesn't show up initially when browsing in mmg's import window. One has to choose "All files" and then it pops up. Is it much work to make chapterEditor change this elementary stream extension to .dtshd?
the demux process of eac3to is set with the " *.* " for file generating (normaly: the switch -demux), all extension will be set automaticly by eac3to.
so is the normal extension for DTS-HD MA -> .dtsma
for DTS HiRes -> dtshr and normal .dts extension.
I do not know if it would make sense to change the extension.

the .dtsma file can be loaded with drag and drop into mmg.
maybe Mosu will update this for the import window.

Quote:
Maybe not for me, but would it be possible to implement the different Dolby TrueHD possibilities for mkv? I can imagine people wanting to make a choice between the TrueHD track only, the AC3 track only, or AC3 track + TrueHD track, as mkv can't have both of them in 1 audiotrack. I think it would imply that both streams have to be demuxed then.
i dont know exactly what you mean.
the TrueHD audio track from your BD consist of a TrueHD part and an embedded AC3 part.
eac3to demux them to one file with a special extension.

and mmg cant handle this file?

Quote:
Your suggested way with the BD Demux button seems to do the job. In MPC-HC no more hickup, the durations are ok.
nice to know. so maybe i can implement an automaticly generated mmg for the demuxed tracks.
Old 7th April 2014, 10:23   #65  |  Link
von Suppé

HD DVD / Blu-Ray disc structure not found.

Quote:
i dont know exactly what you mean.
the TrueHD audio track from your BD consist of a TrueHD part and an embedded AC3 part.
eac3to demux them to one file with a special extension.

and mmg cant handle this file?
No, it handles TrueHD audio perfectly. I'll try to clarify.

In case of TrueHD audio, it would be convenient to be able to choose between these 3 options in cE's GUI:

a) 1 audiotrack: embedded AC3 only
b) 1 audiotrack: TrueHD only
c) 2 audiotracks: one with embedded AC3 and one with TrueHD

I came across something while testing further. I created a 5 minutes test BD.
Importing this in ChapterEditor gives this message windows from eac3to: HD DVD / Blu-Ray disc structure not found.
I couldn't find a clarifying answer in my search in eac3to and HdBr SE forums.
Any idea what could be wrong? The test-BD plays fine on my pc. Burned it on a BD-RE and plays ok in my standalone.

Last edited by von Suppé; 7th April 2014 at 10:29.
Old 7th April 2014, 17:44   #66  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

if this BD not too much can you upload it?

HdBr can't open this BD too?

the TruHD audio is fix on the BD in TrueHD+AC3 and in cE's GUI should it be possible to separte this?(3 cases)

or it is the same when you demux the TrueHD+AC3 audio track into one of the avalible formats (AC3 or TrueHD or TrueHD+AC3)?
im not sure if eac3to eable to demux the AC3 -Core like the DTS-Core of DTS-HD.
you could test it with the switch -Core. (eac3to option)

Last edited by hubblec4; 8th April 2014 at 10:56.
Old 8th April 2014, 10:38   #67  |  Link
von Suppé

Quote:
if this BD not too much can you upload it?

HdBr can't open this BD too?
Strange, found something out. When a BD folder structure is too small, HdBR SE will not retrieve files. Streams-window stays blank. Importing the m2ts as "file" does work though. Don't know what to think of this: is it eac3to or the front-end?
Anyhow, it's also what makes cE giving the eac3to error. Flipping point is approx 15-16 minutes. So my 5 min. test BD won't work.

Last edited by von Suppé; 8th April 2014 at 10:52.
Old 8th April 2014, 10:58   #68  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

ui, thats strange :-) and I did not know it.

what you do? a new test BD with 16min duration?
Old 9th April 2014, 07:08   #69  |  Link
von Suppé

The same with ClownBD, also a eac3to frontend. Strange hey?

Yes, I created 16 min test BD

Will test further

BTW Is there a SUP problem with MPC-HC? I do a lot of subtitle editing, and sometimes MPC-HC refuses to play some of them. VLC plays all of them fine.
I checked with self made SUP files (EasySUP, SubtitleEdit) too.
Old 9th April 2014, 09:42   #70  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
BTW Is there a SUP problem with MPC-HC? I do a lot of subtitle editing, and sometimes MPC-HC refuses to play some of them. VLC plays all of them fine.
I checked with self made SUP files (EasySUP, SubtitleEdit) too.
i would say no, because all Sups plays fine here.

if the test-BD work you can upload it?
Old 10th April 2014, 09:08   #71  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

hi von Suppé

could you make a new test please?
load everything and for the first test use eac3to audio convert for the DTS-HD or TrueHD track. (add to mmg) and mux it with the converted audio(FLAC or mp4 or AC3).

if there are hiccup during the playing we will know the problem could be the video.
Old 11th April 2014, 09:47   #72  |  Link
von Suppé

Will do. Ahl be bak.
Old 12th April 2014, 09:23   #73  |  Link
von Suppé

Tested with DTS-MA to dts core and TrueHD to AC3.

FYI mmg returned this:
Error: The file 'E:\TEST\chapterEditor 0.15\cetk_TrueHD_to_AC3_mmg\2 - TrueHD/AC3, 5.1 channels, English.ac3' could not be opened for reading: open file error.
After conversion, eac3to (or your GUI) wrote the file away with this name:
2 - TrueHDAC3, 5.1 channels, English.ac3

See the difference in the error? It seems to me the name is auto-copied from the text in the 'Format' column. I think the slash-sign / better be avoided and replaced with underscore or something. Can you do that?

Anyways, I added the track manually.
Both mkv's show hiccups. Also major a/v sync issues. In the beginning of all 3 version av sync is ok. Exact point I dont know, but at half of all 3 versions video runs after audio for I think half a second or so. I didn't have this with the HD audio versions.
Still seems MPC-HC has some serious SUP problems, at least within mkv. VLC plays them fine. How is the order of different streams anyway? First the file has to go through a demuxer/splitter, I guess. Then audio and video go to their respective decoders? But what about subs? Are they handled in an own different way or something? I can't understand why MPC-HC does show most of the subtitles, but some of them not.
What does seem is that the subs that are displayed stay in sync with video though (not with audio).
Old 12th April 2014, 12:51   #74  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Tested with DTS-MA to dts core and TrueHD to AC3.

FYI mmg returned this:
Error: The file 'E:\TEST\chapterEditor 0.15\cetk_TrueHD_to_AC3_mmg\2 - TrueHD/AC3, 5.1 channels, English.ac3' could not be opened for reading: open file error.
After conversion, eac3to (or your GUI) wrote the file away with this name:
2 - TrueHDAC3, 5.1 channels, English.ac3

See the difference in the error? It seems to me the name is auto-copied from the text in the 'Format' column. I think the slash-sign / better be avoided and replaced with underscore or something. Can you do that?
fixed! rev0.16 is uploaded.
Old 12th April 2014, 13:27   #75  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Anyways, I added the track manually.
Both mkv's show hiccups. Also major a/v sync issues. In the beginning of all 3 version av sync is ok. Exact point I dont know, but at half of all 3 versions video runs after audio for I think half a second or so. I didn't have this with the HD audio versions.
ok. now we know the video produced the hiccups. I think the gaps are not processed correctly. i try to figure out how works the "time-code-file". In the DVDMenuXtractor program such files are generated and processed in mmg. Maybe this will be the solution.

Quote:
Still seems MPC-HC has some serious SUP problems, at least within mkv. VLC plays them fine. How is the order of different streams anyway? First the file has to go through a demuxer/splitter, I guess. Then audio and video go to their respective decoders?
yes.

Quote:
But what about subs? Are they handled in an own different way or something? I can't understand why MPC-HC does show most of the subtitles, but some of them not.
What does seem is that the subs that are displayed stay in sync with video though (not with audio).
mmh im not sure, but the subs are decoded and displayed by MPC-HC. in the option of mpc-hc -> playback -> open settings you find a checkbox "Auto-load subtitles". this is necessary for the subs.

before there was a bluray, I have the subs loaded with VSFilter. (turned off auto-load). but only mpc-hc can cause wide bluray sups.
but there was an issue. if I jump through the video the sups are not correctly displayed.
often is the last shown sup shows twice before the next sup displayed. or no sup will be displayed for a short time (20 secs).
then i installed madVR and the sup issues are almost gone. madVR is a video renderer and you can after installing it set on the option in mpc-hc in the playback->output->page.(only 32bit)
Attached Images

Last edited by hubblec4; 12th April 2014 at 13:35.
Old 13th April 2014, 08:39   #76  |  Link
von Suppé

Thanks for the new version, hubblec4
I'll try the auto-load subs checkbox in mpc-hc.
And will look into madVR.

Cheers
Old 13th April 2014, 12:10   #77  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

i found two small issues during my tests. update to rev0.17.

Last edited by hubblec4; 13th April 2014 at 12:13.
Old 13th April 2014, 13:46   #78  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

hi Suppé

could you explain me what "HdBR SE" is. i searched on google but found not really something.

EDIT: i found it :-)

maybe it helps me to figure out the gaps of the m2ts files.

Last edited by hubblec4; 13th April 2014 at 19:12.
Old 14th April 2014, 08:13   #79  |  Link
von Suppé

Quote:
could you explain me what "HdBR SE" is. i searched on google but found not really something...
EDIT: i found it :-)
Yeah this frontend for eac3to comes with MeGUI. But you can put it in any folder with he eac3to.exe.

Have been playing with MPC-HC auto-sub load settings and madVR - can't get SUP to work properly. Text based subs play fine. I wonder if something's wrong with my pc, or maybe different demuxers/decoders/filters conflict.
Old 14th April 2014, 09:39   #80  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Have been playing with MPC-HC auto-sub load settings and madVR - can't get SUP to work properly. Text based subs play fine. I wonder if something's wrong with my pc, or maybe different demuxers/decoders/filters conflict.
Earlier I had also often installed to many different codecs.
which was then of course conflicts.

LAV filters is very good and Haali is outdated, but AV Splitter I have installed because the Blurays.

Madshi has also written a subtitle filter. (XySubFilter for madVR)
but i dont know this tool.

Tags
bluray backup, chapter editor, dvd2mkv, matroska menu, metadata, multi-edition-mkv, xml tag