Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 31st October 2008, 06:05   #1  |  Link
pmw1104

Demultiplexing audio streams from a BluRay dump

Hi, all. I run Linux. Thanks to this forum I was able to extract beautiful MPEG-TS files from a BluRay disc to my hard drive. I can even play it with mplayer, and the video works wonderfully. The problem is the audio: for some (most?) discs, I cannot activate the plain English audio track.

In the case of "You Don't Mess with the Zohan" I can play either an Asian language or English underneath director's commentary. In the case of "Standard Operating Procedure" I cannot switch away from the director's commentary. Of course both discs must have plain English encoded somewhere... I just need to figure out how to get to it.

I'm using the absolutely latest build of mplayer (dev-SVN-r27867-4.1.2) and I tried both the mpeg2ts demultiplexer (which is the default) and lavf. mpeg2ts plays video fine and even discovers multiple audio tracks, but when I pass their IDs as "-aid #", none of them are plain English. lavf has worse results: it doesn't even begin playing anything. Instead, mplayer segfaults with syncing errors.

The problem must be a combination of my software and the way the BluRay disc was authored, since if I play "IMAX Space Station", the default language is non-English, but I can easily get mplayer to switch to the English track using the '#' key. So it must be that these other two BDs are encoded differently.

Are there some other mplayer options I can try, or can you recommend other software I can try?
pmw1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 21:17   #2  |  Link
jbman

Same problem here

I have the exact problem you have, with no solution yet.

Working audio:
Dark knight
Ratatouille
Cars

No english rips:
Ice Age 1 and 2
Wanted
Iron Man

Am stumped.
jbman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluray, demultiplexing, linux, mpeg2ts, mplayer