Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th April 2011, 04:02   #1  |  Link
TlatoSMD

FFdshow audio bugs

Help! On WindowsXP and WindowsVista, FFdshow's audio plugins have given me countless hours and hours of beautifully live re-mastered eargasms of my music in Media Player Classic, but now I've stepped up to Windows7.

When I first installed MPC and its FFdshow audio plugin on Windows7, I remember it didn't work at first. I went deep down into the guts of MPC and saw that by default it was only turned on for a very specific type of mp3, and I switched it to all audio codecs and containers. It still didn't work, but then I noticed it was set to some wrong option which was something like, "Use only when applicable". I switched that latter to something like "Force use", and suddenly, it worked even on Windows7!

But only up until my next system reboot. Ever since then, this wonderful plugin is gone from MPC again. I can't find the right option or setting anymore, and re-installing either MPC or its FFdshow plugin doesn't help either.

Help! What do I do?