Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 14th September 2016, 08:14   #61  |  Link
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
I assume that AVS+ 64bit does the same (If that is what you are using).
It doesn't, but I'm pretty sure you can generate an import .lib from avisynth.dll using some tools that come with Visual Studio. Don't think you need to compile Avisynth itself just for that.

some low effort googling gave this, make of it what you will: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9...ile-from-a-dll
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 09:00   #62  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
It doesn't, but I'm pretty sure you can generate an import .lib from avisynth.dll using some tools that come with Visual Studio. Don't think you need to compile Avisynth itself just for that.

some low effort googling gave this, make of it what you will: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9...ile-from-a-dll
I've already tried this. It doesn't work, see kemuri-_9's comment about function decoration here. His suggestion under "B" may be worth trying.

I also tried building JoshyD's 64 bit Avisynth just to get the 64 bit avisynth.lib but porting that to VC10 is more difficult than one would expect. I might give it another go later.
Old 14th September 2016, 11:06   #63  |  Link
TheFluff

But this plugin is using the C API, not the C++ one. I don't think name mangling should be an issue in that case. (may be completely wrong here though)

I don't really understand why you're trying to build JoshyD's Avisynth instead of Avs+ either. What am I missing here?
Old 14th September 2016, 11:21   #64  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
I don't really understand why you're trying to build JoshyD's Avisynth instead of Avs+ either. What am I missing here?
I would have to download several GB of stuff to build it (VC2015, SDKs, ...).
Old 14th September 2016, 11:31   #65  |  Link
TheFluff

Oh. My world is post-bandwidth-scarcity (well, to a point, above 50 GB or so it starts getting a bit tedious) so I didn't even consider that as a problem, guess I need to check my privilege huh
Old 14th September 2016, 12:27   #66  |  Link
feisty2
I'm Siri

2015 version is a MUST if you're using visual studio
Note that the latest c++ standard is c++14, and gonna be c++17 soon
feisty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 12:59   #67  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by feisty2 View Post
2015 version is a MUST if you're using visual studio
For a pro developer, probably. As a hobby coder, I can use whatever version and standard I want and need.
Old 14th September 2016, 13:00   #68  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Oh. My world is post-bandwidth-scarcity (well, to a point, above 50 GB or so it starts getting a bit tedious) so I didn't even consider that as a problem, guess I need to check my privilege huh
It's not that I can't download it, I don't want to.
Old 14th September 2016, 14:00   #69  |  Link
feisty2
I'm Siri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
For a pro developer, probably. As a hobby coder, I can use whatever version and standard I want and need.
True, but don't you wanna try out stuff like type deduction and lambda and whatever? New things are cool
feisty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2016, 11:00   #70  |  Link
Yanak

Spent last days trying to figure this out and search for a .lib file compatible with x64 without luck.

I can confirm that the error messages i get here is exactly the same as when using the command line without the lib file using mingw-w64 to compile.

using those 2 commands, one having AviSynth.lib at the end and the other not, both end up in the same error message output.

Code:
gcc  -fdiagnostics-show-location=once  -funsigned-char -mthreads  -Wextra -pedantic -Wall -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wundef -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes
 -Wredundant-decls  -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -malign-double -s -march=x86-64  -shared  -o AVSInpaint.dll  AVSInpaint.obj AviSynth.lib

gcc  -fdiagnostics-show-location=once  -funsigned-char -mthreads  -Wextra -pedantic -Wall -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wundef -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes 
-Wredundant-decls  -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -malign-double -s -march=x86-64  -shared  -o AVSInpaint.dll  AVSInpaint.obj
Well nothing more i can do now, hopefully Groucho2004 or somebody else can end up with something.

Thanks
Yanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 12:18   #71  |  Link
real.finder

don't know if this what you looking for, I have it in mpp mod source http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=235
Attached Files
File Type: rar avisynth64.rar (12.0 KB, 46 views)
Old 11th November 2016, 00:15   #72  |  Link
Yanak

Hello,

I started to look a bit into this and it looks promising to make it work as i need.
I'm waiting for the attachment approval to see what it is and will try this tomorrow or this weekend after reading a bit more about all this.

Thanks a lo for the info if it works you will save the day man
Old 11th November 2016, 01:15   #73  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanak View Post
Hello,

I started to look a bit into this and it looks promising to make it work as i need.
I'm waiting for the attachment approval to see what it is and will try this tomorrow or this weekend after reading a bit more about all this.

Thanks a lo for the info if it works you will save the day man
you can see it from http://www.mediafire.com/download/3s...0.18.1+src.rar
Old 11th November 2016, 14:50   #74  |  Link
Yanak

Hi,

I grabbed the one already compiled from your previous link " MP_Pipeline+0.18.1.rar"

After a few trial and errors i got this working now,

That's working fine and doing the job nicely, and on the top of this it also allows me to bypass a problem i had using debug frameserver outputting only a x86 codec that refused to work with x64 programs, one stone two birds

Thanks a lot for the help man, your really saved the day, now i will be able to use again my favorite logo remover tools, a big thanks to you, this is an awesome day
Old 24th June 2017, 18:50   #75  |  Link
Gser

Quote:
Hi,

I grabbed the one already compiled from your previous link " MP_Pipeline+0.18.1.rar"

After a few trial and errors i got this working now,

That's working fine and doing the job nicely, and on the top of this it also allows me to bypass a problem i had using debug frameserver outputting only a x86 codec that refused to work with x64 programs, one stone two birds

Thanks a lot for the help man, your really saved the day, now i will be able to use again my favorite logo remover tools, a big thanks to you, this is an awesome day
Would you care to share it with us?
Gser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017, 10:34   #76  |  Link
Yanak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gser View Post
Would you care to share it with us?
Hi, and sorry for the late reply, i posted here how to add it into Staxrip that needs x64 full chain to work :

https://github.com/stax76/staxrip/is...ment-302266265

I don't have much time for now to explain more in details than there but if you have questions let me know, i'll try to answer them.
Old 13th December 2017, 14:39   #77  |  Link
Gser

Quote:
Hi, and sorry for the late reply, i posted here how to add it into Staxrip that needs x64 full chain to work :

https://github.com/stax76/staxrip/is...ment-302266265

I don't have much time for now to explain more in details than there but if you have questions let me know, i'll try to answer them.
Thanks. I was even surprised it even worked on my first try.

On a side note about this filter I highly recommend everyone to try higher InpaintPre and Postblur especially when doing only inpainting. The default settings are highly lacking. At the moment I'm using InpaintPreBlur=3, InpaintPostBlur=8 and the result is on another level. I didn't not find any higher settings to be of any use.

Also P=3 also caused a strip right in the middle of the logo, but using P=2 made a much more uniform blend that wasn't stretched to the middle.

I also changed the the instances of colormatrix settings from 607 to 709 since that is what my material is.
I suppose the only thing left to experiment is to try to use FFT3DGPU instead of the cpu version which is one of the post processing filters.

PS. This filter also benefits highly from multi-threading after you have done the analyses. It seems it can't analyze in multiple threads

Last edited by Gser; 13th December 2017 at 15:37.
Old 13th December 2017, 17:01   #78  |  Link
Yanak

Thanks for the feedback,

Depending the logo's sizes and types the pre and post blur parameters can really be helpful indeed, again depends of the logos but it can really improve the results, sometimes reducing values gives better results for me, really depends on logo and video material.

Same for the PPmode setting, but if i recall correctly you need to have mod16 videos to apply the mode 2 and 3, i'm not sure and will have to try again but pretty sure that trying PPmode 3 on some videos brings an error message about this.

Sharpness settings is another thing that can be played with to improve results.

When you say you changed the colormatrix to 709, you mean you edited the "InpaintFunc.avs" script file and changed something there or simply added a conversion line on your general script ? If you edited it inside "InpaintFunc.avs" file i would be interested to know where you done it please, something i did not thought about before.

As for using FFT3DGPU this is also an interesting idea, If you do push testing on this please share your results and the changes made, might bring even better results

Analyze can take some time on long (and high resolution) videos using a speed like 10 to 20 but once done it's nice, at speed 5 it's quite fast usually, mostly using speed 20 myself but never was a problem tho.

This plugin is old but for now i did not found anything doing a better job at removing logo's, strangely it is not much used

Waiting to hear from you and your experiments again,
Thank you.

Last edited by Yanak; 13th December 2017 at 17:04.
Old 14th December 2017, 01:18   #79  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by feisty2 View Post
True, but don't you wanna try out stuff like type deduction and lambda and whatever? New things are cool
Sorry, long time later but I really gorra respond like I wanted to at the time.

Trying New Stuff is always cool, but breaking stuff just so as to enjoy your New Stuff fix is a bit of an amateur (amongst amateurs) type stance.

Youth excuses a lot of things, but it aint cool to break things just to try something new, that is just daft.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2017, 12:59   #80  |  Link
Gser

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback,

Depending the logo's sizes and types the pre and post blur parameters can really be helpful indeed, again depends of the logos but it can really improve the results, sometimes reducing values gives better results for me, really depends on logo and video material.

Same for the PPmode setting, but if i recall correctly you need to have mod16 videos to apply the mode 2 and 3, i'm not sure and will have to try again but pretty sure that trying PPmode 3 on some videos brings an error message about this.

Sharpness settings is another thing that can be played with to improve results.

When you say you changed the colormatrix to 709, you mean you edited the "InpaintFunc.avs" script file and changed something there or simply added a conversion line on your general script ? If you edited it inside "InpaintFunc.avs" file i would be interested to know where you done it please, something i did not thought about before.

As for using FFT3DGPU this is also an interesting idea, If you do push testing on this please share your results and the changes made, might bring even better results

Analyze can take some time on long (and high resolution) videos using a speed like 10 to 20 but once done it's nice, at speed 5 it's quite fast usually, mostly using speed 20 myself but never was a problem tho.

This plugin is old but for now i did not found anything doing a better job at removing logo's, strangely it is not much used

Waiting to hear from you and your experiments again,
Thank you.
Ah when doing YUV-RGB conversion you should specify which colormatrix to use. Otherwise the colors of the edited parts will slightly differ from the source. Actually I was using rm_logo that uses AVSInpaint. It also uses FFT3Dfilter in pp=2. Seems I got too excited and posted about it here.