Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 9th January 2011, 09:38   #1001  |  Link
hwti

Hi,

I'm trying to open a TS file (recorded from DVB-T, H264 1440x1080i50 MBAFF) with FFVideoSource.
I tried with both the TS and remuxed to MKV, and the number of frames is not correct.
The loaded video is strange : the odd field only changes every two frames, and the even field often jumps forward and backward by several frames.
If I force the fps (fpsnum=25, fpsden=1) it loads correctly.
hwti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 11:33   #1002  |  Link
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

That's a known bug. FFMS2 hates TS; writing our own TS parsing library and supporting that format properly is on the todo list but nobody I know including myself has time to work on it right now.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 11:47   #1003  |  Link
hwti

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
That's a known bug. FFMS2 hates TS; writing our own TS parsing library and supporting that format properly is on the todo list but nobody I know including myself has time to work on it right now.
But it is the same when converted to MKV (which plays correctly in MHC-HC and WMP12 with Haali Media Splitter, and MPC-HC internal source).
hwti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 13:44   #1004  |  Link
TheFluff

The field duplication issue is because of a libavcodec quirk with interlaced h264; it decodes each field into its own frame.
Old 16th January 2011, 23:48   #1005  |  Link
ganymede

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
I tried this version under linux/wine. It works well with H.264 and mpeg2 video, but cannot decode ffvhuff codec (tried avi and mov containers). It returns an error message : "No video stream found". Current stable version of ffms2 (2.14 vanilla) can decode the same files without problem.
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 09:45   #1006  |  Link
torwart

I have one question about ffmpegsource2. Which is the best wrapper for it. I want to make a fake avi using this ffmpeg2.
sorry for my bad english.
torwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 11:45   #1007  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by torwart View Post
I have one question about ffmpegsource2. Which is the best wrapper for it. I want to make a fake avi using this ffmpeg2.
sorry for my bad english.
What exactly do you mean? FFmpegSource2 already is a wrapper to make libavcodec/libavformat available as source filter in Avisynth.

(Actually the Avisynth plug-in is yet another wrapper around the FFmpegSource2 core library. Applications, like x264, can use the FFmpegSource2 library directly)

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 17th January 2011 at 11:48.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 12:05   #1008  |  Link
torwart

for example: I have an avi file(divx) and I want to open it in Edius, Vegas or Premiere Pro in uncompressed. I write a script for avisinth(ffvideosource("C:\avifile")). now I can import this script in virtual dub, but how can I make a fake avi to open it in this big programms like Premiere Pro. I tried makeavis and vfapi , but it didn't work.
Old 17th January 2011, 12:14   #1009  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

So your question is NOT specific to FFmpegSource2. You want to know how you can open Avisynth scripts in the aformentioned applications.

I think this can not be answered in general, but at least for Premiere Pro a plug-in exists:
http://urchin.earth.li/~tomford/avisynth/

See also:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=47194
Old 17th January 2011, 12:17   #1010  |  Link
cretindesalpes
͡҉҉ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿

Quote:
Originally Posted by torwart View Post
but how can I make a fake avi to open it in this big programms like Premiere Pro. I tried makeavis and vfapi , but it didn't work.
Do you mean this?
Old 17th January 2011, 15:31   #1011  |  Link
torwart

Thank you gyes for you answers. I think I'll find the information that I need in links,that you gave me.
Old 17th January 2011, 16:40   #1012  |  Link
torwart

AVFS is wrapper number 1 !!!!! Thank you once more!!!!!!!!!!
Old 18th January 2011, 03:13   #1013  |  Link
TheRyuu
warpsharpened

ffms2-mt-r411.7z
ffms2-mt-r412-avs64-2.7z

For avs64 (for use with 64bit avisynth) be sure to load with LoadCPlugin.

Edit: Uploaded fixed avs64 version.

Last edited by TheRyuu; 18th January 2011 at 19:39.
TheRyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 07:04   #1014  |  Link
burfadel

The 411 build from the link about doesn't seem to work properly for xvid AVI's, whereas the 408 build and earlier has no issues. I tried 411 with a mkv x264 file I did earlier and it worked fine, so it seems its only 411. The encoding crashed pretty quickly, and if I quickly jump quickly back and forth through staxrip's preview with 411 it ends up crashing too...
burfadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 09:06   #1015  |  Link
Maccara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganymede View Post
I tried this version under linux/wine. It works well with H.264 and mpeg2 video, but cannot decode ffvhuff codec (tried avi and mov containers). It returns an error message : "No video stream found". Current stable version of ffms2 (2.14 vanilla) can decode the same files without problem.
Hmm. I got this same issue with x264 ffms decoding mkv (muxed with ffmpeg) containing vmw streams (x264 --demuxer lavf was fine). Indexing seemed to start ok but failed with that "no video stream found" immediately after encoding was supposed to start.

Versions were ffmpegsource svn trunk + ffmpeg svn trunk + x264 git trunk built on Jan 11.

I need to try if I can still replicate this.
Maccara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2011, 15:30   #1016  |  Link
burfadel

Neither the FFmpegsouce build 411 and the new 423 build work correctly, once indexed and the video loads, it crashes. I'm using Staxrip, and yes I did do everything correctly!!! This is with multiple source files, with no exisiting index files etc.

Sticking with 408 for now.
Old 27th January 2011, 19:06   #1017  |  Link
TheFluff

Quote:
I'll take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burfadel View Post
Neither the FFmpegsouce build 411 and the new 423 build work correctly, once indexed and the video loads, it crashes. I'm using Staxrip, and yes I did do everything correctly!!! This is with multiple source files, with no exisiting index files etc.

Sticking with 408 for now.
A lot of users (well, like three or four) are reporting crashing issues with TheRyuu's -mt builds, so I think he needs to fix his shit.
Old 28th January 2011, 00:25   #1018  |  Link
burfadel

Ah ok! Are they the builds on code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource ? They're the ones I were having issues with.

Are there other sites that keep the builds up to date? I was thinlking a weekly build wouldn't be a bad thing... i realise ffmpegsource2.14 is technically the latest release version, but that is quite old. At least with the weekly version, if anyone encounters an unknown problem it can be reported and listed quicker, and they can go back to using the previous weeks build (which isn't several months old)...
Old 28th January 2011, 01:08   #1019  |  Link
TheFluff

Quote:
I can't reproduce this with my current build on some of my own ffvhuff files, so I guess it's been fixed (possibly in r410). If it still doesn't work for you, give me a small (10-20mb or so is enough) sample that fails for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burfadel View Post
Ah ok! Are they the builds on code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource ? They're the ones I were having issues with.

Are there other sites that keep the builds up to date? I was thinlking a weekly build wouldn't be a bad thing... i realise ffmpegsource2.14 is technically the latest release version, but that is quite old. At least with the weekly version, if anyone encounters an unknown problem it can be reported and listed quicker, and they can go back to using the previous weeks build (which isn't several months old)...
All -mt builds, and also all non-release builds on the googlecode page are TheRyuu's.

I'm actually planning to release 2.15 quite soon. Have a test build (vanilla ffmpeg as usual): http://mod16.org/ffms2/ffms2-r426.7z

Changes since 2.14:
  • FFMS2 can now be used to decode Lagarith, but note that libavcodec's decoder is very experimental at the moment. (Plorkyeran)
  • SWScale can now use SSE2 optimizations for certain operations if your CPU supports it. (kemuri_-9)
  • Fixed a bug that could cause SWScale initialization to fail. (kemuri_-9)
  • Fixed a bug that could cause index files to never be considered valid, forcing a reindexing every time a script was loaded. (TheRyuu)
  • Trying to use postprocessing on a fullrange YUV clip will no longer cause errors. (TheFluff)
  • Fixed a few random decoding bugs related to unaligned memory or buffers that were not initialized properly. (TheFluff)
  • It is now possible to force FFMS2 to use a specific demuxer instead of letting it pick one automatically. (TheFluff)
  • When converting YUV to RGB, FFMS2 will now try to actually use the correct color coefficients rather than assuming everything is bt470bg. (Plorkyeran)
  • Moved support for container-level audio delay from the Avisynth plugin to the core and exposed it in the API (Plorkyeran)
  • Audio decoding has been substantially reworked. Linearly decoding audio now almost always works correctly and seeking is now actually sample-accurate for many formats. (Plorkyeran)
  • It is now possible to build 64bit versions of the plugin for use with Avisynth (and whatever else) from MSVC by means of black magic (this probably only works when the planets are aligned, also 64bit builds might require msvcr90.dll). (TheRyuu)
  • The Avisynth plugin now supports UTF8 filenames; ffmsindex.exe also supports Unicode filenames. FFMS_USE_UTF8_PATHS is now a runtime option instead of a compile-time one. (TheFluff)
  • The FFInfo() function (supplied by ffms2.avsi) will now round timestamps to nearest millisecond instead of truncating them. It's also been cleaned up in general and no longer relies on global variables. (Gavino)
  • Containers opened with libavformat will now report a framerate based on the average frame duration instead of the duration of the first frame, just like Matroska files and files opened with Haali's splitter does. Should fix CFR framerates being reported incorrectly in dumb containers like FLV. (TheFluff)
  • PC/TV luma range (16-235 versus 0-255) detection should now be a bit more reliable. (TheFluff)
  • Fixed a crash when opening files with Unicode filename support enabled. (Plorkyeran)

Quite a few regressions in earlier test builds have also been fixed.

To force a demuxer, use demuxer="lavf" as an argument to ffindex(). Possible choices are lavf, matroska, haalimpeg and haaliogg.
Old 28th January 2011, 10:26   #1020  |  Link
TheRyuu
warpsharpened

I've poked the ffmpeg-mt dev about the issue, apparently there may have also been some talk in #ffmpeg-devel about it although I don't know the details.

So I'm trying to figure out what the issue is with my ffmpeg-mt builds, vanilla builds (even mine) do not seem affected so they should be safe for the time being albeit a little slower on things like h264.
TheRyuu is offline   Reply With Quote