Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 12th June 2009, 22:50   #3281  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILLZY View Post
Any ideas?
If you're still trying to do the mummy3 then there are two of the large extra files which crash x264 - I should have mentioned it when you were struggling with the file length. I did it by using turbojets solution - I prefer the arcsoft method to avoid resizing.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 22:52   #3282  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shikari View Post
I'm pretty sure that's not x264
There are two vc1 extra files which x264 can't handle.
Old 12th June 2009, 22:57   #3283  |  Link
MILLZY

Could you point me in the right direction for the solution as there are to many posts.And yes i was still trying to do the mummy 3.
Thanks.
MILLZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 23:06   #3284  |  Link
DrKajun

Quote:
just got a x264 appcrash. x264.exe has stopped working here is the details.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: x264.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4a1eb070
Fault Module Name: wmvdecod.dll
Fault Module Version: 11.0.6001.7000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a820
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000cdf7d
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Bumb deal, I got the same error on some thing else.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: x264.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4a1eb070
Fault Module Name: wmvdecod.dll
Fault Module Version: 11.0.6001.7000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a820
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0006ec48
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
DrKajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 23:13   #3285  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
Could you point me in the right direction for the solution as there are to many posts.And yes i was still trying to do the mummy 3.
Thanks.
It's all in the thread:

"BD-RB: Workarounds for 'reached retry limit. Aborting' error"

The first post has all the links and a description by turbojet.

**If you are going to bd-25, and you're not experienced with filters etc, just use "MIN_M2TS=****" in the config and set it to the size of the largest extra file - I think it's about 2100 and the results look perfect on the movie.

Last edited by drmih; 12th June 2009 at 23:29.
Old 13th June 2009, 01:03   #3286  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Just to let you know, I worked this today and got the desync also. The problem seems to be that the stream is flagged as VC-1 @ 23.976 (according to TSMUXER) -- but the CLPI says 29.97.... it's because of the pulldown.

I should be able to make some determinations as to whether it is 23.976 pulldown and correct for it.

Just as a point of reference... WMP also plays that stream off the original commercial disc out-of-sync. Apparently it ignores pulldown as well (which explains why the frame serving only created enough frames for 23.976).

Thanks for checking this one out, it was challenging! Though I never tried WMP on the original, I did try PowerDVD and it played it in sync.
My retail disc has two main movie streams, one that is just the main movie, 00001.mpls/ 00001.m2ts, and the other is the main movie with directors comments and a pop up window with the director and actors video/commentaries, 00002.mpls/ 00002.m2ts. ( In-Movie Experience)
BDInfo and tsMuxer both show 00001.mpls as VC-1, 1920:1080i, 29.97(pulldown).
00002.mpls is VC-1,1920:1080p, 23.976.
00001.m2ts is 13GB, and 00002.m2ts is 14.3GB. For a disc of this type structure, to be able to only reencode the 00002.m2ts to a size that would allow a BD-25 backup would be ideal. I was unable to do this with MIN_M2TS_*** because BD-RB would not allow it.
I am curious if your version is the same or perhaps a different version, which could explain the different type of stream viewed with tsMuxer and BDInfo. Mine is Region A.

EDIT: I tried MPC on the original 00001.m2ts and it plays in sync!

Last edited by Capsbackup; 13th June 2009 at 01:33.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 02:21   #3287  |  Link
GaPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilbowie54 View Post
Regarding movie only backups on DVD9, I'm afraid that my Denon 2500BT will only play these if the full Blu-ray structure is there. I have to manually add the missing folders e.g. CERTIFICATE once the BD rebuild has completed. I have to do the same with AVCHDs authored from my Sony HD camcorder using Nero. Pinnacle 12 Ultimate, however, makes AVCHDs that contain the full Blu-ray structure and these play fine on the Denon.
I have an older Sony BDP-S300 that will play more or less any disc I load.
Use ImgBurn to burn the disc. Check the block to "add the certificate folder for Blu-Ray" and you should be good to go.

If you don't check the block for "Stricter AVCHD compliance..." I thought it left the auxdata and certificate (among others) in place too.

Last edited by GaPony; 13th June 2009 at 02:25.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 04:42   #3288  |  Link
datman

I have been seeing a few pixelation defects in every backup that I have watched using 22.01 & 22.02, may have been doing with every version. I haven’t been looking for it. They are very short and toward the end of the film only a few frames and the audio is unaffected.

My setup is Movie only, to a BD-25 target the slowest speed, keeping the HD audio

It’s a very small defect and may only happen when saving to a BD-25 target. I can live with it for backups.

Has anyone else seen this?
datman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 05:17   #3289  |  Link
Capsbackup

@datman;
My movie only backups have been to BD-5, and all have been perfect, never a single glitch. My BD-25 have been full movie backups, and those have been perfect as well. Are you talking about burned to media or played back on a pc problems? I burn to Verbatim DVD-R media and use Sony BD-RE and Ridata BD-R media and play back on a Sony BDP-BX1, and I have never noticed pixelation problems. I don't really watch the entire movie on my pc, just scan it for audio sync and playback checking before burning to disc.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 10:12   #3290  |  Link
MILLZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
It's all in the thread:

"BD-RB: Workarounds for 'reached retry limit. Aborting' error"

The first post has all the links and a description by turbojet.

**If you are going to bd-25, and you're not experienced with filters etc, just use "MIN_M2TS=****" in the config and set it to the size of the largest extra file - I think it's about 2100 and the results look perfect on the movie.

Sorry to be a noob which file do i download?
MILLZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 13:04   #3291  |  Link
datman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
@datman;
My movie only backups have been to BD-5, and all have been perfect, never a single glitch. My BD-25 have been full movie backups, and those have been perfect as well. Are you talking about burned to media or played back on a pc problems? I burn to Verbatim DVD-R media and use Sony BD-RE and Ridata BD-R media and play back on a Sony BDP-BX1, and I have never noticed pixelation problems. I don't really watch the entire movie on my pc, just scan it for audio sync and playback checking before burning to disc.

I only watch from my HTPC, I do not burn anything yet!! I got used to the HTPC I love it.

The defect is in the encoded film and I can stepped forward and you can see the defected frames, so if I burned it I'm sure it would also be on the disc.

edit: I never remember seeing these defects before. As I said before it's on every BD-25, I did watch one BD-9 last week and I don't think I saw it. I'm going to have to see if any of those (BD-9) have it

Last edited by datman; 13th June 2009 at 13:09.
Old 13th June 2009, 13:16   #3292  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
Sorry to be a noob which file do i download?
The links to the files are highlighted in the text in the first post. If you have TMT2 installed, download the update patch and the filter tweak, otherwise if you have powerdvd use that although as stated it does resize to 740x480.

Seeing the questions you've asked I really would go for the bd-25 route and use the minimum file size as it's a simple and perfect solution.
Old 13th June 2009, 14:08   #3293  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by datman View Post
The defect is in the encoded film...I never remember seeing these defects before.
What might you have done with your PC that is different lately? FWIW I used to have occasional glitching just as you've described, but after I switched to neuron2's NV tools (whereby indexing & decoding are done via his sw and nvidia card) I have no further random glitches.

So my GUESS would be that you are suffering decoding problems (which of course are then encoded by x264 into your video). I'd look real hard at which programs have glitched, what codec they use (VC1/264/MPEG2) and how your PC is decoding each of these (for presentation to the x264 encoder).
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 14:19   #3294  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanerulz69 View Post
jdobbs? will there ever be a resume / pause from the last current progress / overall progress available in the future?

and i love the program best ive used, so far only stable version for me is 20.09
If its not stable -- explain how?
Old 13th June 2009, 16:17   #3295  |  Link
DrKajun

Question: Started an encode and it field so I made some changes and resumed. Did this a few times but now I dont get the questing to resume, only to delete WORK files. How does BDR determine when to resume? What did I change that will not allow it?

Thanks.
DrKajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 19:15   #3296  |  Link
Tongariro

I have two problematic Movie that i cant seems to make them work with the BD-RB.
One is the Incredible Hulk and the second is Starship-Troopers (us versions).
Both movies are successfully done by the BD-RB but i cant play them on any player.
The Hulk i can see the Menu but the move gets the player stuck (I need to power down the player or kill task on the power dvd).
The starship toppers stop after i put the disk in immediately on every player but works O.K on the computer.

After lots of successful copies (great application Jdobbs) those are my only problems.
Is anyone had the same problem?
Tongariro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 19:59   #3297  |  Link
datman

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
What might you have done with your PC that is different lately? FWIW I used to have occasional glitching just as you've described, but after I switched to neuron2's NV tools (whereby indexing & decoding are done via his sw and nvidia card) I have no further random glitches.

So my GUESS would be that you are suffering decoding problems (which of course are then encoded by x264 into your video). I'd look real hard at which programs have glitched, what codec they use (VC1/264/MPEG2) and how your PC is decoding each of these (for presentation to the x264 encoder).
Thanks for the heads up That might be it. I removed 2 programs MakeMKV and smartshopper. I have not changed anything and this computer is never (rarely) on the internet but perhaps that was it.
Old 13th June 2009, 20:26   #3298  |  Link
GaPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKajun View Post
Question: Started an encode and it field so I made some changes and resumed. Did this a few times but now I dont get the questing to resume, only to delete WORK files. How does BDR determine when to resume? What did I change that will not allow it?

Thanks.
My guess is that when you made the changes, it changed the commands used by BD-Rebuilder... so you had to start over.... or maybe you weren't at a point that it could resume.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 20:51   #3299  |  Link
mouw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilbowie54 View Post
I have to manually add the missing folders e.g. CERTIFICATE once the BD rebuild has completed.
edit BDRebuilder.INI file
CONFIG SETTINGS-- under Options

FORCE_BLURAY=1
mouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 23:30   #3300  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKajun View Post

Thanks.
It will resume as long as you haven't changed any of the settings.