Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 23rd October 2018, 17:52   #27921  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
BTW, when the importing was done, the stream list only showed one of the three items I imported. But all three are there being worked on.
That's the way it is supposed to work. Since movie-only ALTERNATE output is selected, only one playlist can be selected at a time (to output to MKV). So it chose the largest by default. Typically on a BD there is only one playlist you care about (the main feature) when outputting in movie-only mode. If you selected full backup they would all show up -- but, of course, you wouldn't be outputting to MKV in full backup mode, you would be reencoding to BD format.

If you want to create an MKV from more than one playlist, you would run each job individually and select "Other Movie-Only Playlist" between jobs to work with a different playlist -- or you could select each one, add it to the queue, then select the next, do that same, etc.

That's fine for a short list of jobs... but when you are doing a lot it can be a nightmare. That's why I created "Add multiple playlists..."

When you add multiple playlists to the queue, it actually creates a job for each selected playlist -- just like selecting a playlists and adding them to the queue -- but it adds them automatically. Then when you run in batch mode you are actually running a separate job for each playlist individually.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd October 2018 at 17:58.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2018, 18:25   #27922  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Since movie-only ALTERNATE output is selected, only one playlist can be selected at a time (to output to MKV). So it chose the largest by default.
Ah, OK, thanks for the update.
MrVideo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2018, 21:07   #27923  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
I guess I'll need to pick up that disc to see if I can repeat the issue. Does this Amazon link appear to be the disc you are having the issue with?
I'll cover you on it. :-) Nice that the price is lower than I paid.
Old 23rd October 2018, 21:11   #27924  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Crap, I keep getting:
Code:
Run-time error '52':
Bad file name or number
I've even rebooted the computer. It isn't a problem reading the disc as it read previously. Plus, I'm currently copying the contents to the HDD.
YAY!! Someone else got the error I often see when Importing MKVs (made by BD-RB). I found that deleting WORKFILES, IMPORT after exiting helps a lot. If I leave the IMPORT there from previous jobs, yep...get a Runtime error often.

Quote:
I have all of the Stargate DVDs. Remind me... what is the issue with them? Any particular season, or can I just test using S1-D1?
Umm...thinking.. It's been a while. All the decoders except DirectshowSource squished the 16:9 video to 4:3 on the sides. But it didn't happen when importing DVD... After I had BD-RB convert each Episode to MKV for Season 1 and 2. I'll find the HD I left off with, and have another look soon. Maybe I'll have a Winter Solstice present for my Mother...that was intended for 2 years ago (not a big deal).

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 23rd October 2018 at 21:23.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 01:51   #27925  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
YAY!! Someone else got the error I often see when Importing MKVs (made by BD-RB). I found that deleting WORKFILES, IMPORT after exiting helps a lot. If I leave the IMPORT there from previous jobs, yep...get a Runtime error often.
In this case it didn't like the DVD copy I had made. It was an ISO copy as well. When I put in the original disc, the error went away. Of course it was an ISO copy, minus the copy protection.
MrVideo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 14:44   #27926  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I'll cover you on it. :-) Nice that the price is lower than I paid.
Thanks! Ordered this morning, arrives Friday.
Old 24th October 2018, 18:29   #27927  |  Link
Devilman1

Hi I have also an UBP-X800 and I reduced a 54 GByte UHD disc to a 50 GB dual layer Blu-ray removing nothing, but when I play the burned blu-ray on the Sony player I have a lot of artifacts (green lines/square, etc) since the beginning of the movie.
These artifacts are not present in the copy on my HD or when I play the same burned disc on the Blu-ray player of the PC even USB.

Could it be a problem of the encoding settings?

I burned the disc on a BD-RE, could it be a problem for the standalone player?
Devilman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 20:10   #27928  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Thanks! Ordered this morning, arrives Friday.
Nod. You're welcome.

Others...especially any lurkers, Donate!
Old 25th October 2018, 02:34   #27929  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
I have updated the first post of this thread with a link to the latest release of BD-RB (v0.60.04). Changes for this release:
Code:
- Corrected issues with file import of MPEG2
  sources that contain 2:3 pulldown flags.
- Added IMPORT_NO_PULLDOWN as a new hidden 
  option. When set it will remove pulldown 
  flags from MPEG-2 sources during import of
  files or DVDs.
- Added two new hidden options.  UHD_MAXRATE
  sets the maximum bitrate for UHD encodes
  and UHD_VBV_BUFFER sets the buffer size.
  See HIDDENOPTS.TXT for more information.
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.

Thanks Boss!

BTW, when the HELL are you ever simply gonna setup a 'PayJDNOW@gmail.com' so that we can just start sending you some damn money???!!

Are we gonna hafta start getting rough...?
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2018, 03:48   #27930  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Not to start some big commentary on it, but I did think there has to be a better way to link to the page, at least. You might want to consider a simpler way than to expect the masses to remember the Email address. Good note though when informing people.
Old 26th October 2018, 22:55   #27931  |  Link
jdobbs

Just thought I'd post an update. I have some more testing to do... but I think I may be very close to completing the UHD-BD module. After a couple of setbacks since my last update (I fixed the sync issue -- and the fix created a video stutter problem) After some testing it looks like I've gotten past all the major issues and am doing some testing to make sure it is consistent. My final tests are related to what bitrate BD-25/50 can actually provide without issues... Look for a new release in a day or two.
Old 26th October 2018, 23:33   #27932  |  Link
kufo

Thanks for the good news. I am glad that you have not stuck your head in the sand with the problems with UHD
kufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2018, 00:15   #27933  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Just thought I'd post an update. I have some more testing to do... but I think I may be very close to completing the UHD-BD module. After a couple of setbacks since my last update (I fixed the sync issue -- and the fix created a video stutter problem) After some testing it looks like I've gotten past all the major issues and am doing some testing to make sure it is consistent. My final tests are related to what bitrate BD-25/50 can actually provide without issues... Look for a new release in a day or two.
U Da Man!

Of course... you da man...

... WITHOUT THE F**#'n GMAIL PAYPAL ADDRESS TO SEND YOU MONEY!!!!!!!!!!
Old 28th October 2018, 00:18   #27934  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Lathe, the Parrot drink is sweet I agree, but...but I think you've had enough for today. ;-)
Old 28th October 2018, 01:41   #27935  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigafuture View Post
lathe, the parrot drink is sweet i agree, but...but i think you've had enough for today. ;-)

Old 28th October 2018, 01:55   #27936  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post

OOOohhhhhhhhhhh...it's that times of month for you. Pardon the drink reference. We...Understand....
Old 28th October 2018, 02:02   #27937  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
OOOohhhhhhhhhhh...it's that times of month for you. Pardon the drink reference. We...Understand....
Oh boy...

Cute...
Old 28th October 2018, 02:28   #27938  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Oh boy...

Cute...
*Pats you on the back..with a Smile.* Glad you take things so well. Heh. Heh. Heh. You're alright.
Old 28th October 2018, 02:51   #27939  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
*Pats you on the back..with a Smile.* Glad you take things so well. Heh. Heh. Heh. You're alright.
Uh huh... especially considering that it is that 'time'...
Old 28th October 2018, 03:24   #27940  |  Link
AmigaFuture

All right...obviously, this is what happens when you mix the Parrot drink and hormones treatment.