Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 30th June 2012, 02:21   #1021  |  Link
SassBot

Download refreshed to fix the bug mood reported. As usual get it here.
Old 30th June 2012, 03:42   #1022  |  Link
mood

thanks SassBot...

when i save to idx/sub one opened subtitle created by AVIAddXSub 9.11...

bdsup2sub++ crash after save.

Thanks again for your great work.
mood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2012, 04:37   #1023  |  Link
SassBot

Post the file and I'll look into it.
Old 30th June 2012, 05:03   #1024  |  Link
mood

Oki here is it:http://www.mediafire.com/?ji2ycxe11roscrs
Old 30th June 2012, 05:08   #1025  |  Link
SassBot

I loaded that file and saved it to all 4 formats and no crash. Was there something in particular you did?
Old 30th June 2012, 05:26   #1026  |  Link
mood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassBot View Post
I loaded that file and saved it to all 4 formats and no crash. Was there something in particular you did?
i change the color palette, because it turn subtitles Green.

but save always in green.

In palette option i use keep, and I move first line to top.

The subtitle must be white with black border, not green.

sorry for english

Last edited by mood; 30th June 2012 at 05:41.
Old 30th June 2012, 06:11   #1027  |  Link
SassBot

So I finally got it to reproduce. Seems that file triggered some race condition that caused the processing thread to try to destroy itself while still running. With the changes I made, I have not been able to reproduce the crash anymore. New version can be downloaded here. Please let me know if you still see any problems still or find others.
Old 30th June 2012, 06:28   #1028  |  Link
mood

Quote:
So I finally got it to reproduce. Seems that file triggered some race condition that caused the processing thread to try to destroy itself while still running. With the changes I made, I have not been able to reproduce the crash anymore. New version can be downloaded here. Please let me know if you still see any problems still or find others.
Oki thanks...

Not crash... but bug in exit menu item is back and turn the color of subtitle green like i show in post above.

but no problem i will wait for stable version.

thanks...

Last edited by mood; 30th June 2012 at 14:45.
Old 30th June 2012, 10:13   #1029  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I don't use the GUI much, but IMO, it needs an improvement. The dropdown button to select the subpic number is not handy. I would prefer something like a spinbox, or if the current dropdown is maintained, two "-" and "+" buttons to select the previous or next subpic will be handy.
The original doc tells something about hotkeys, but they have never worked for me. I suggest PageUp and PageDown to select the next and previous subpic.
(Currently, the only way I've found to quickly go to the prev or next sub is to select a subpic with the mouse, then use the up and down keys. But that doesn't work when another part of the GUI gets the focus.)

Last edited by r0lZ; 30th June 2012 at 10:16.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2012, 15:27   #1030  |  Link
SassBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mood View Post
Oki thanks...

Not crash... but bug in exit menu item is back
What bug? I hit the exit menu item and it closes.

Quote:
and turn the color of subtitle green like i show in post above.
I'm not seeing green subtitles. I'm seeing light red subtitles. I need the exact same file you use to get green subs. And it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bug. When you convert to SUB/IDX it has to map the pixel values to the DVD Palette which means you might get what you don't expect, but it's not necessarily a bug.

Last edited by SassBot; 30th June 2012 at 15:31.
Old 30th June 2012, 16:18   #1031  |  Link
SassBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
I don't use the GUI much, but IMO, it needs an improvement. The dropdown button to select the subpic number is not handy. I would prefer something like a spinbox, or if the current dropdown is maintained, two "-" and "+" buttons to select the previous or next subpic will be handy.
The original doc tells something about hotkeys, but they have never worked for me. I suggest PageUp and PageDown to select the next and previous subpic.
(Currently, the only way I've found to quickly go to the prev or next sub is to select a subpic with the mouse, then use the up and down keys. But that doesn't work when another part of the GUI gets the focus.)
Sounds good to me.
Old 1st July 2012, 06:46   #1032  |  Link
Chetwood

I'd also see like to see improvements to the GUI, my suggestions:
  • Please preselect the OK button in the conversion Options window so when opening a sub pressing SPACE will skip this window pretty fast. ALT-O is very hard to press with one hand and since both Store and OK have the same accelerator it won't work anyway.
  • add an accelerator like CTRL-S to open the subpic dropdown box or better yet, have it selected automatically so we only need to press CURSOR DOWN to browse them
  • additionally let SPACE go one sub down.
Thx.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink
: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Übersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Chetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2012, 18:30   #1033  |  Link
Superb

There's a quick flashing command prompt before the GUI opens. Is this on purpose? Any chance to get rid of it?
Also, could you open a separate forum thread for your port? (it's hard to follow new builds)
Superb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2012, 23:09   #1034  |  Link
SassBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superb View Post
There's a quick flashing command prompt before the GUI opens. Is this on purpose? Any chance to get rid of it?
Also, could you open a separate forum thread for your port? (it's hard to follow new builds)
Yes, that is completely normal. It's what happens when you have a Qt GUI app that also supports console output. There's nothing I can do to change it.
Old 1st July 2012, 23:31   #1035  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I've found a new GUI bug in b5. The program remembers the window position and size from session to session, but now, each time the program is launched, its window becomes bigger. (The position doesn't change and is correct.)
Old 2nd July 2012, 09:38   #1036  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
I have no Mac so I would be unable to compile for OS X at this time but if someone would like to do so that would be a great help.
Tried to compile it with Qt Creator -> no-go due to all the initializations that you do in the header files,... (I guess a lot of your constants should be part of namespaces and not classes,... code is not ISO C++ compatible,.. )

Last edited by Selur; 2nd July 2012 at 10:39.
Selur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2012, 11:06   #1037  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

SassBot, I have a few questions about the CLI.

When a DVD Sup is converted (and the IFO loaded), AND the --palette-file argument is provided, can you confirm that the palette takes precedence and that it is not retrieved from the IFO?
Same question for the --resolution, --fps-source and --language arguments.

When the output file argument is not provided, but other arguments are provided (with or without the input file), the INI file is loaded (unless the arg to not load it is present). Again, can you confirm that all arguments passed via the command line overwrite the default values coming from the IFO or the INI?

In other word, is this always the parsing order:
1. hardcoded defaults
2. INI file
3. IFO file
4. CLI arguments

I have also a problem with --fix-invisible (and other boolean flags).
I want to disable that feature. The java syntax is /fixinv- but with your syntax, it is only possible to enable the feature, not to disable it. So, if it has been set in the INI, there is no way to change it.
I know that I could disable the INI, but it's not always a good thing. It may be preferable to keep some user settings.
So, IMO, your current syntax is not sufficient. You should add also the arguments to disable each feature, such as --no-fix-invisible, or by adding a boolean flag after each on/off argument, like "--fix-invisible 0". (I prefer the second method, easier to handle by an external GUI.)

Or, perhaps, I've missed something and it is possible to specify --fix-invisible+ or --fix-invisible-, like in the java version? I guess that syntax is not your cup of tea!

Last edited by r0lZ; 2nd July 2012 at 11:32.
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:02   #1038  |  Link
SassBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
Tried to compile it with Qt Creator -> no-go due to all the initializations that you do in the header files,... (I guess a lot of your constants should be part of namespaces and not classes,... code is not ISO C++ compatible,.. )
You need GCC 4.7.x as I said in the post you quoted from as it's the version where the C++11 feature for non-static member initialization is supported. And my constants are using enum classes because then they are scoped and I can reuse names like the Java version. As I said earlier when I first started, I'm using lots of C++11 features to reduce code bloat to get around the lack of these features in C++98 and I don't want to use non-standard compiler extensions.

Last edited by SassBot; 2nd July 2012 at 12:22.
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:11   #1039  |  Link
SassBot

Quote:
SassBot, I have a few questions about the CLI.

When a DVD Sup is converted (and the IFO loaded), AND the --palette-file argument is provided, can you confirm that the palette takes precedence and that it is not retrieved from the IFO?
Same question for the --resolution, --fps-source and --language arguments.

When the output file argument is not provided, but other arguments are provided (with or without the input file), the INI file is loaded (unless the arg to not load it is present). Again, can you confirm that all arguments passed via the command line overwrite the default values coming from the IFO or the INI?
Yes, they do. If they don't there's a bug.

Quote:
In other word, is this always the parsing order:
1. hardcoded defaults
2. INI file
3. IFO file
4. CLI arguments
Something like that.

Quote:
I have also a problem with --fix-invisible (and other boolean flags).
I want to disable that feature. The java syntax is /fixinv- but with your syntax, it is only possible to enable the feature, not to disable it. So, if it has been set in the INI, there is no way to change it.
I know that I could disable the INI, but it's not always a good thing. It may be preferable to keep some user settings.
So, IMO, your current syntax is not sufficient. You should add also the arguments to disable each feature, such as --no-fix-invisible, or by adding a boolean flag after each on/off argument, like "--fix-invisible 0". (I prefer the second method, easier to handle by an external GUI.)

Or, perhaps, I've missed something and it is possible to specify --fix-invisible+ or --fix-invisible-, like in the java version? I guess that syntax is not your cup of tea!
No need for another switch or a value. I'll just make it so it turns off the fix feature if the switch isn't specified. I forgot to do so. Any of the boolean switches will default false (and override your INI) unless you specify them. But if you do want a way to explicitly turn it off, I think the -no-fix-invisible is better as that's how things like GCC do it rather than passing a value to the switch.

Last edited by SassBot; 2nd July 2012 at 12:30.
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:37   #1040  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
No need for another switch or a value. I'll just make it so it turns off the fix feature if the switch isn't specified.
But it's a problem if the INI is loaded. It is not possible to turn off a setting that has been set in the INI. Since the INI is loaded anyway when the GUI is opened even without specifying --load-settings, it is impossible to turn off a boolean flag in that case (and if --load-settings is provided). IMO, it's confusing, and limited. So, yes, I think that args to turn off the boolean options is important. (The GCC syntax is OK for me.)