Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 11th December 2019, 01:21   #17981  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
I usually use SMDegrain rather than straight MDegrain. I don't like HQDN3D on its own. I'd rather use KNLMeansCL with GPU, which is actually the prefilter I use with SMDegrain.
For FineDehalo I either use the default: FineDehalo() or something like:
"FineDehalo(rx=2.0,ry=2.0,thmi=80,thma=128,thlimi=50,thlima=100,darkstr=1.0,brightstr=1.0,showmask=0,contra=0.0,excl=true)"
There are some safer settings if you're using anime/cartoons.

For HQDeringmod I also use the defaults "HQDeringmod()" or something like: "HQDeringmod(nrmode=2,Y=3,U=3,V=3,lsb=False,thr=255.0,darkthr=255.0)"

For those filters and others it depends on the source and what you want.

I'd stay away from thSAD values of 800 and higher for MDegrain, as it can soften the image under closer inspection. SMDegrain values of thSAD are a little different because it combines more filters.
So how would you set these up a a Custom filter ??
Old 11th December 2019, 05:55   #17982  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Frustrating Encoding lockup's

I have had a pretty frustrating couple of days with the problem that is shown in the screen shots (attached).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dxboz...blems.rar/file

I have a job encoding as it should, using a couple of servers, and it gets to a random point, and everything just stops (as far as the Encoding Client is concerned), if you check cpu usage, and TCP traffic, etc, it's still encoding in the background, but no progress is shown, it's completes the chunk that it was on, (when it locked up), then it stops, will not start another chunk.

The abort function does not work, you have to "kill" it with processhacker or similar, then once RB is finally shutdown...if you start that same job again, nothing starts

I know a video capture would have been preferable, but I had nothing set up on the pc to do that.

So the pic's (in order) shows that the Client is stalled, but the Server is still processing, in the 2nd pic it shows that Client is still the same, but the Server has now finished.
Then 3rd pic is restarting the job...and that's where it stays.

This has happened on 2 different pc's, and different jobs, all freshly loaded using the very latest RB version.
Old 11th December 2019, 11:47   #17983  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Can you move encoding client window or IT is locked with not responding message in title?
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2019, 12:40   #17984  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Can you move encoding client window or IT is locked with not responding message in title?
Not 100% what you mean, but I don't think I tried to move it, but I'm pretty sure you couldn't minimize it, close it, so maybe if I had of tried to move it, it wouldn't have....I don't recall any message displayed.
Old 11th December 2019, 15:24   #17985  |  Link
duffbeer

I have a feature request.
The file currently encoding has an eta which is really useful. I would also like to know the estimated file size.
I realise that it may not be 100% accurate and that the predicted size will change during the encode but it would be useful none the less.
duffbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2019, 15:24   #17986  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
I'll try that today. I noticed this happening after the last update. Also getting jobs that are failing with ERROR in queue list. The job never finishes and I assume it's crashing or hanging and it's dumping a log in the output directory with:
Error: The file 'D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\video.265' could not be opened for reading: open file error.

Probably related to the new code that is combing chunks during the encoding job.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2019, 15:39   #17987  |  Link
forkicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
I have had a pretty frustrating couple of days with the problem that is shown in the screen shots (attached).

I have a job encoding as it should, using a couple of servers, and it gets to a random point, and everything just stops (as far as the Encoding Client is concerned), if you check cpu usage, and TCP traffic, etc, it's still encoding in the background, but no progress is shown, it's completes the chunk that it was on, (when it locked up), then it stops, will not start another chunk.

The abort function does not work, you have to "kill" it with processhacker or similar, then once RB is finally shutdown...if you start that same job again, nothing starts

I know a video capture would have been preferable, but I had nothing set up on the pc to do that.

So the pic's (in order) shows that the Client is stalled, but the Server is still processing, in the 2nd pic it shows that Client is still the same, but the Server has now finished.

This has happened on 2 different pc's, and different jobs, all freshly loaded using the very latest RB version.
I can confirm this behaviour with latest updates (updated today). Main RB window completely stops responding, encoder window controls react but do nothing (ie, buttons are depressed, but no action occurs).

fK
forkicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2019, 15:45   #17988  |  Link
jfisher1740

Quote:

+1 to this same issue and behavior for DE. It seems like this started after the most recent auto update.
jfisher1740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2019, 15:50   #17989  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

I will prepare debug version for you guys. I will need approximately 1 hour.
Old 11th December 2019, 15:51   #17990  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
I'll try that today. I noticed this happening after the last update. Also getting jobs that are failing with ERROR in queue list. The job never finishes and I assume it's crashing or hanging and it's dumping a log in the output directory with:
Error: The file 'D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\video.265' could not be opened for reading: open file error.

Probably related to the new code that is combing chunks during the encoding job.
I could move both windows. But if I click abort, then the Encoding Client window locks up with Aborting in it's title and I cannot move it. Only by killing it in the Task Manager does it make it die.
Old 11th December 2019, 17:00   #17991  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Use this debug version -> https://www.mediafire.com/file/e4w9w...lient.exe/file
and then post content of Debug.txt when encodingclient.exe hangs.
Old 12th December 2019, 00:15   #17992  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Use this debug version ->
and then post content of Debug.txt when encodingclient.exe hangs.
It hung, I clicked abort and waited 15 minutes and it did not abort. Log:
http://ix.io/24aS
Old 12th December 2019, 00:22   #17993  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
It hung, I clicked abort and waited 15 minutes and it did not abort. Log:
http://ix.io/24aS
From log i see that you are experiencing different bug than Paul and others because all chunks have been combined with video.part file.
Old 12th December 2019, 06:12   #17994  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
From log i see that you are experiencing different bug than Paul and others because all chunks have been combined with video.part file.
Sorry I haven't responded earlier, but I'm in a very different time zone to most of you....(unless I've woken up in the middle of the night, and checked in)

Anyways...

I got around to doing a test with the same movie I had problems with yesterday, and it's funny you're sitting there waiting for it to f*** up, and it did , and it didn't get as far, this time.

Please check out the attached screenshots & debug.txt's.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8g4ya...Debug.rar/file

Firstly (attempt 1) I just tried to see what yesterdays stalled job would do the the debug client (not a lot)

Then I reloaded the job, (attempt 2) and it all started OK (a bit slow on the uptake due to using MD2 custom filter)

Anyway, to my untrained eye, there doesn't appear to be any errors, (as per Ryushin's post), it just simply stopped, however the server I had helping, completed the 4 chunks it had left to do, then it stopped, without issue.

But once an Abort was initiated, the window was locked in position (if that means anything), it didn't Abort, so back to ProcessHacker to do the job.
Old 12th December 2019, 12:12   #17995  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

At least i know that code resonsible for combining chunks works as intended. I will prepare debug2 with more loging in other parts of the code.
Old 12th December 2019, 12:37   #17996  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
At least i know that code resonsible for combining chunks works as intended. I will prepare debug2 with more loging in other parts of the code.
Well, that's a good thing, 'cause that's a good time saver

So, will keep an eye out for debug2, and give it a run.

Are the screen shots helpful ??

Is there any other info you might need ??
Old 12th December 2019, 12:58   #17997  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Here is the debug from the hang that has occurred most of the time:
http://ix.io/24cD
Old 12th December 2019, 13:03   #17998  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Here is the debug from the hang that has occurred most of the time:
http://ix.io/24cD
Did it hang before the encode completed ??

Did it work with the Abort function ??
Old 12th December 2019, 13:14   #17999  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Did it hang before the encode completed ??

Did it work with the Abort function ??
It hung before the encode completed. Abort results in a hard hang for the Encoding Client and must be killed using the Task Manager.
Old 12th December 2019, 13:19   #18000  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
It hung before the encode completed. Abort results in a hard hang for the Encoding Client and must be killed using the Task Manager.
Yep, sounds about right.

Well, another interesting challenge for Atak.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360