Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 20th March 2009, 20:30   #81  |  Link
idbirch2

At the time of writing, the version was up to date, obviously check smlabs.net for the latest version. 1.8.34 is the current beta and that still works fine. The download is working fine for me at home on IE8 and at work in IE6 and FF3 so the problem is your end - ad or popup blocking stuff for a guess.
idbirch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 20:45   #82  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Hey there...

Is there a way you can extend your program to fully show details.txt when multiple titles are present? It will be nice to have AVCHD Manager and multiAVCHD to support each other.

I can make multiAVCHD generate details.txt in a format you suggest.

If you're interested - just let me know.

Dean
Old 20th March 2009, 21:44   #83  |  Link
insaneoctane

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch2 View Post
At the time of writing, the version was up to date, obviously check smlabs.net for the latest version. 1.8.34 is the current beta and that still works fine. The download is working fine for me at home on IE8 and at work in IE6 and FF3 so the problem is your end - ad or popup blocking stuff for a guess.
Something with the firewall at work, I guess...worked from home.
Thanks so much for this program and your help!
insaneoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 00:14   #84  |  Link
idbirch2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Hey there...

Is there a way you can extend your program to fully show details.txt when multiple titles are present? It will be nice to have AVCHD Manager and multiAVCHD to support each other.

I can make multiAVCHD generate details.txt in a format you suggest.
Hi Dean, yes, I should have some free time tomorrow to have a go at this. What have you got in mind, a tooltip for multi-line details.txt files or something else? I can't think of any other way to show more lines without making the GUI look messy (although I am very tired after a long week so may be missing something)

Also, while I'm making changes, is there anything else you want changing regarding how the movie title is stored? At the time I didn't really put much thought into it and just used the first idea that came to mind. Different filename? Maybe a csv with more than just the movie title, like video/audio codec, resolution etc? The more information it stores, though, the harder it is to shoehorn it into the GUI.

Anyway, I'm just thinking out loud and I really must get my ass in bed, we can figure out the details(.txt!), (wow that was lame) tomorrow.
Old 21st March 2009, 00:25   #85  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I can suggest sparing some space (or enlarging program window) and using scrollable (or not for first N titles) INFO-BOX which will show title names (or/and extended information if present). I can add additional data as codec/duration if you're willing to pass it to AVCHD Manager.

I can "see" really nice results if you can somehow show more information about AVCHD folders (if multiAVCHD text (or csv if you like) files are present). I can put anything (everything) in the base folder for external support.

I already have program fragments that allow me to build another application with these features, but I'd rather not and use AVCHD Manager.

TB!

Last edited by deank; 21st March 2009 at 00:30.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 19:51   #86  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

A sample line of details.txt/detailsEX.txt could look like this:

Title#1 name|VIDEO_CODEC|WIDTHxHEIGHT|FPS|AUDIO_STREAM#1_CODEC Channels|SUBTITLES|DURATION_IN_SECONDS|DURATION_HH_MM_SS|DATE|TIME

VIDEO_CODEC = AVC/VC-1/MPEG-2
FPS = XXfps (XX=int(framerate))
WIDTH - number (1-1920)
HEIGHT - number (1-1080)
AUDIO_STREAM_CODEC = AC3/DTS/PCM/LPCM X[.Y]ch
SUBTITLES - number (count) [track[s]]
DURATION_IN_SECONDS - number (in seconds)
DURATION_HH_MM_SS = string (HH:MM:SS)
DATE = DD/MM/YY
TIME = HH:MM
Old 24th March 2009, 23:56   #87  |  Link
idbirch2

I've updated the first post with download links and a screenshot for version 1.5.0.

What's new:
  • AVCHDManager now fully supports output from MultiAVCHD. If there are multiple titles in the selected AVCHD, they will all be shown in the new list box at the bottom.
  • Extra information is now written to and pulled from details.txt - you now get to see video codec, audio codec, movie duration and an IMDb link for the currently selected movie
  • New 'Identify' function lets you input all this extra information via dropdowns/editboxes
MultiAVCHD has already been updated to use the new details.txt format so any movies/compilations you pump out using that will already have all the video/audio/duration/IMDb stuff populated.
Old 25th March 2009, 00:06   #88  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Great thanks for your work and thank you for collaborating. It's all getting better by the hour here @doom9.
Old 27th March 2009, 01:40   #89  |  Link
idbirch2

Updated link in first post with a bugfix release - 1.5.0 would create empty rows in the main movie list for any folder which didn't have a details.txt file - doh! Anyway, fixed now, re-download from the links in the first post.
Old 3rd April 2009, 01:05   #90  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Is there a way when you get the time to add an option/functionality to use AVCHD Manager from any folder, not just the ROOT of a drive? If it can use . as a root.

I use a backup folder with AVCHD folders that resides deeeeep-deep in my drive-folder-structure and sometimes it is useful to do AVCHDme or -undo and transfer to other drive.

Not that I don't like it as it is just a suggestion.

I'm also working on using thumbnails for titles inside multiAVCHD (stored in AVCHD\AVCHDTN as jpg or THUMBXXX.tdt). Do you think you can further extend AVCHD Manager to show poster images for selected titles/folders?

Last edited by deank; 3rd April 2009 at 01:09.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 08:22   #91  |  Link
idbirch2

Sure, that should be pretty easy, AutoIt has a @ScriptDir variable which will always return the full path that the exe is being run from so I could just set that as the "AVCHDroot", I'll sort that later today.

Edit: that was easier than I thought - updated first post with links to new version that doesn't care where it's run from.

The thumbnail thing - in the first few versions I made for myself, I was including thumbnails but once all the other buttons/labels were added, I couldn't find a way to include it without wasting loads of space and it looking crap. Have you got any idea where you would like the thumbnail to be shown? If you can Photoshop something up and convince me it doesn't look bad, I'll do it.

Last edited by idbirch2; 3rd April 2009 at 08:40.
Old 3rd April 2009, 13:28   #92  |  Link
idbirch2

I've upped another new version which is now better at inserting IMDB search URLs if there is no user-specified URL set but I've also made some changes which I think will stop the UAC prompts from appearing every time AVCHDManager is launched. If anyone is running Vista with UAC, can you please test this and let me know if it works?
Old 3rd April 2009, 17:41   #93  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

When I click Identity I get this:

Old 3rd April 2009, 18:40   #94  |  Link
idbirch2

Ooops, that's what you get when you try and update you app while at work and not paying full attention - I forgot to re-test everything with multiple titles when I changed the Identify routine. Fixed now - re-download from first post.
Old 6th April 2009, 06:00   #95  |  Link
staindrocks

I just found out about this program, so i figured i'd give it a try on my flash drive. I'm already running into a problem with the "identity" button, as it won't let me name my folders. I keep getting the same error as deank whenever i click the identity button. What am i doing wrong?
staindrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 06:10   #96  |  Link
trino

Quick question about a bug that existed in 1.4.0.0....

My list has grown to where it requires use of scroll bars. The only way I have been able to get the scroll bars to "appear" is if I select the very last displayed movie and then "poof" the scroll bar appears and I can get to the lower movies. Is there a way to have the scroll bar always there if required?

Thanks so much for this software, I really am grateful and use it daily!
trino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 07:28   #97  |  Link
idbirch2

trino, I'll look into the scrollbar issue, does it still behave that way in 1.5.5? My list has been longer that 1 page can handle for quite a while and the scrollbar has never been a problem. What version of Windows are you running?

staindrocks, sorry about that, I though I had squished all the Identify bugs, obviously not. Can you run AVCHDManager, replicate the error in as few a steps as possible and then send me the AVCHM.log file in your Temp folder. If you're not sure what your temp folder is set to, you can get to it by typing %TEMP% into your run box, thanks.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:15   #98  |  Link
idbirch2

1.5.6 uploaded - fixed another (and hopefully the last) Identify bug.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:16   #99  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

10x 10x 10x
Old 7th April 2009, 10:46   #100  |  Link
Pl4yit

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch2 View Post
1.5.6 uploaded - fixed another (and hopefully the last) Identify bug.
Still a small bug I think.
Dean's MultiAVCHD program is using for example DTS(5.1) or AC3(5.1) as Audio format, however when you hit the Identify button, then the "Audio" field remains empty, although I see the xxx(5.1) format in the drop-down list, but it is neither selected nor displayed on the screen.

Thumbs up to both of you for your great tools
Pl4yit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, avchdmanager, avchdme, ps3