Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 20th November 2009, 14:20   #1  |  Link
Tiaca

MPC-HC cant see second audio track in mkv

I have a dual audio track mkv but my MPC-HC only sees the first one. If I recall it well it used to work before and I dont remembering changing anything with MPC-HC

Im runing windows 7 64bit n to make sure I didnt changed a setting i couldnt find anymore I downloaded MPC-HC (32bit) again. I always use the ZIP one but I still have the same problem of not being able to see the second audio track.
I also tried the MPC-HC (64bit) version and weird enough with the 64 bit version I can see and select the second audio track. But the 64 bit version isnt realy an option as CoreAVC is still only in 32bit.

The only thing I can think of is that it maybe is a codec issue. But I have no idea where to look as I only have installed CoreAVC and AC3 Filter and I even tried with those 2 uninstalled but no luck there.

So if anyone as another idea?

Update:
Ok got it back working again but Im still confused. I always disabled the Interal Source Filter Matroska so the Haali Media Splitter delivered with CoreAVC would be used and it always worked for me like that. So Im still confused I need to enable the MPC one to be able to see the second audio track.

For the MPC 64bit I still have the Internal Source Filter Matroska disabled so still dont understand why it is working there.

But at least it is working again, now I just wanna know the reason so if anyone can explain this to me?

Last edited by Tiaca; 20th November 2009 at 14:45.
Tiaca is offline   Reply With Quote