Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th February 2015, 13:48   #1  |  Link
killerteengohan

Why is .264 encode getting blocks on it during playback?

I have a .FLV file of a single episode. I tried file indexing the .FLV but it had bad results and crashed, so I extracted the .264 video and .aac audio from it with flvextract and worked with those instead.

Everything seems to go fine. I file indexed the .264 file and converted the .aac file to mp3. For some reason though, when avisynth is all done encoding the single episode, on playback random blocks and or signs of corruption keep appearing on the video at random times.

The .FLV file when played back does not have this issue, its only after going through avisynth that this happens. Im sure its not the filters Im using because I have used them many times before.

I havent tried to do this since 2011 and it worked perfectly fine back then, this was not an issue. I have since gotten better at encoding and wanted to refix it up but I am having this problem.

Any idea on why it would be getting this issue now? The only new thing about my computer I can think of since back then is I got a new NVidia GTX 980 graphics card. Not sure if that can be a cause but thought I would point it out.

Last edited by killerteengohan; 6th February 2015 at 14:44.
killerteengohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2015, 06:52   #2  |  Link
killerteengohan

Yes, I did.
Old 7th February 2015, 08:00   #3  |  Link
killerteengohan

I ended up just using an alternative method and muxing the .264 into .MKV then file indexing the .MKV file into a .ffindex file with FFVideoSource instead of the .DGA file with DGAVCDecode.

I think this is stupid that it worked fine before when I first did it in 2011 and wont now, but the problem is solved none the less just by doing an extra 2 steps to the file and going with the .MKV way.
Old 11th February 2015, 03:29   #4  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

The remux isn't needed. LWLibavVideoSource (and updated branch of FFMS) can read raw files directly, and I thought FFMS could, but I can't test now.

Sounds like however they're encoded now is hitting a bug or missing feature in DGAVCDecode.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote