Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 12th May 2018, 12:55   #27301  |  Link
kufo

@mparade
There's no problem, I think.
You only have to use the right settings for 3D encoding. Shrinking to BD25 works fine for me. A simple selection of of your fav. audio can 't be a problem in my opinion.
kufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2018, 16:28   #27302  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
@jdobbs

Will BD-RB have an option for chosing DGDecNV as the frameserver for UHD-BD encodings? I have a Pascal Card and latest DGDecNV now supports decoding of HEVC upto 12-bit without any issue. I have tested it and is working flawlessly.

Thanks for this amazing software.
Right now I don’t have a card that supports it, so I have no way of testing it... so probably not for a while.
Old 12th May 2018, 16:30   #27303  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Is it possible to use Full Backup mode in case of BD3D source (including menus and extras) without reencoding the video (keeping intact)? I just want to throw out unwanted audio streams, reencode the English HD track to AC3 5.1 while keeping an other AC3 5.1 track of the main movie.

Giving thanks to any answer.
I should be no problem. From that perspective BD-RB treats 3D like any other source.
Old 12th May 2018, 19:40   #27304  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kufo View Post
@mparade
There's no problem, I think.
You only have to use the right settings for 3D encoding. Shrinking to BD25 works fine for me. A simple selection of of your fav. audio can 't be a problem in my opinion.
I am still thinking about shrinking the video of my 3DBD-s as well, I just do not have so much experience with FrimEncode. AFAIK FrimEncode doesn't have something like CRF mode. For my encodes, I always use fix "transparent" crf values like 18 for main movie and 20 for the extras and I generally am totally "satisfied with my care".

Does anyone here have experience with FrimEncode? My aim to achieve some "visual transparency" while keeping the original menus with extras and throwing out unwanted tracks.
Thanks again for any opinion shared.

Last edited by mparade; 12th May 2018 at 19:45.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2018, 23:28   #27305  |  Link
kufo

@mparade
I did a lot of 3D movies using Frim. It´s quiet slow, but it works. On my system it´s about 16fps. A normal 2D Encode is about 10x faster... The results are fine on my beamer with a 120" screen.
i can´t say if it would be ok for you with my settings. I never had faulty encodes stay over 55% of the original size.
Make a test and watch the result.
Old 12th May 2018, 23:58   #27306  |  Link
mparade

Thanks. Do you use software decoding/encoding in BD-RB, right? Quality settings is set to default, right?

It seems to be quite difficult to determine a sufficient average bitrate for the VBR encodes because complexity of the source changes from one to an other. ~45% of bitrate saving sounds quite impressive, anyway. On top of it all, I would like to check the result on my small LG C6V 4K HDR (3D TV), so....

Last edited by mparade; 13th May 2018 at 00:00.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 01:16   #27307  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

jdobbs, the past couple weeks i've done a full system format (to fix an issue with the windows indexing service among other things) and to move from my Samsung 850 EVO to my Samsung 960 Pro. Naturally i'm using BDRB again and i've decided to go with LAV filters only. Now the instructions don't say if anything needs to be configured in the audio or video splitter. Do they, or are they just fine simply after installing? For the video splitter is it ok to enable nvidia cuvid/quicksync? When doing 3D should i set it to quicksync?
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 11:36   #27308  |  Link
kufo

Quote:
Thanks. Do you use software decoding/encoding in BD-RB, right? Quality settings is set to default, right?
Absolutly right: software decoding/encoding and quality settings to default. My last 3D projects were Star Wars VIII and Jumanji.
Even the dark scenes looked good and 3D was very impressive.
Finaly you´ll have to test it for your own, if this would fit for you.
Old 13th May 2018, 17:13   #27309  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
jdobbs, the past couple weeks i've done a full system format (to fix an issue with the windows indexing service among other things) and to move from my Samsung 850 EVO to my Samsung 960 Pro. Naturally i'm using BDRB again and i've decided to go with LAV filters only. Now the instructions don't say if anything needs to be configured in the audio or video splitter. Do they, or are they just fine simply after installing? For the video splitter is it ok to enable nvidia cuvid/quicksync? When doing 3D should i set it to quicksync?
LAV Filters should work fine with the defaults. The other settings (cuvid etc.) depend on your specific configuration. What they will do for you in most cases is increase speed. On my system I just tried them and selected the ones that worked best. You don’t need to change anything when doing 3D.

Last edited by jdobbs; 13th May 2018 at 17:16.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 14:09   #27310  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
@jdobbs

Will BD-RB have an option for chosing DGDecNV as the frameserver for UHD-BD encodings? I have a Pascal Card and latest DGDecNV now supports decoding of HEVC upto 12-bit without any issue. I have tested it and is working flawlessly.

Thanks for this amazing software.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Right now I don’t have a card that supports it, so I have no way of testing it... so probably not for a while.
Sorry, I'm still not sure I follow the status of BD-RB and UHD.. It doesn't support it, right? (not even for UHD -> Movie only MKV)..

Did you ever decide if you'll work on it? or will it be included or BD-RB or will it be a separate program?
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 16:14   #27311  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Not necessarily a bug, but not a feature either.. more of a question..

Usually I rip BD's to HD, then setup a batch of multiple movies (Alt Movie only to MKV) and walk away..

Today I ran into a disc that gave me read errors trying to rip to HD... For gins and smiles, I decided to set the sources in BD-Rebuild as the bluray drive, and proceeded to do the Alt Movie Only... If there were read errors from the disc, would BD-RB have given an error message during the process?

Since it completed without error, is it possible the movie only MKV is actually fine? (I hope to get to watch it later today or tomorrow)
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 20:31   #27312  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
If there were read errors from the disc, would BD-RB have given an error message during the process?
Not necessarilly from BD-RB, but from its helper apps such as TSMuxer or the chosen frameserver. In your case it sounds like you had read errors on files that are not part of the main title.

BTW You could try to copy all files with Windows Explorer to see which file is the culprit and then examine where it belongs to.

ggtop
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2018, 01:10   #27313  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Hi! Getting these errors lately everytime I open a BD source. I have run the inspect with everything ok. Jdobbs maybe you could point me in the right direction for further troubleshooting?

05-16-18 [01:55:37] SourceCheck() 00009 2501
05-16-18 [01:56:23] SourceCheck() 00055 2501
05-16-18 [01:57:17] SourceCheck() 00009 2501
05-16-18 [01:58:54] SourceCheck() 00055 2501
05-16-18 [02:02:36] SourceCheck() 00009 2501
05-16-18 [02:03:07] SourceCheck() 00055 2501

[05-16-18] Checking System Settings
- BD-Rebuilder v0.50.25
- Windows Version: 6.2 [9200]
- Working Path Free Space: 32,40GB
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.6.0.6, Ok
- LAVFILTERS: Ok
- AnyDVD settings check: Ok.
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
- FRIMEncode: Ok
- FRIMDecode: Ok
[05-16-18] Systems Settings Check complete

//LD
LowDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2018, 09:43   #27314  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Not a 100% sure but think that error means bdrb doesn't have enough free space to work with. You need a lot more than your 32gb to do a full disclosure backup. But can't be sure since you left out half the log.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2018, 14:58   #27315  |  Link
thecrowler

Hi all.
For the first time, I'm experiencing a target size problem with BD Rebuilder v0.50.25.
From "inspect", everything seems to be correct (gonna paste the log).
The BD I'm trying to shrink is multi-angle and multi-playlist: the resulting shrink is 26.4 GB.
It's a full backup, BD size output setting is BD-25, quality "automatic" and "Quicker encode for extras" is enabled (if disabled, the resulting folder is even bigger).
Languages selected are eng and ita only, audio is converted from dts to ac3.
x264 internal LAVF is used for frame serving.
No "Hidden" option is used.
The system is not overclocked.
Here's the conversion log(s):
CONAN_THE_BARBARIAN.INF.TXT
Attached Files
File Type: txt BD-REBUILDER.LOG.txt (9.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: txt INSPECT.LOG.TXT (374 Bytes, 28 views)

Last edited by thecrowler; 16th May 2018 at 18:25. Reason: Multiple grammar errors, my bad
thecrowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2018, 16:02   #27316  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
Not a 100% sure but think that error means bdrb doesn't have enough free space to work with. You need a lot more than your 32gb to do a full disclosure backup. But can't be sure since you left out half the log.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk
I don't get any log as it doesn't open the discs.. Have tried other temp drives with alot more space so it isn't that.

//LD

Edit reason: Scratch that. Seems to be a corrupt source. Sorry for taking up your time.

//LD

Last edited by LowDead; 16th May 2018 at 16:05. Reason: corrupt source.
Old 16th May 2018, 18:11   #27317  |  Link
Rodger

Hi Together....since BD-Rebuilder has not been updated....maybe because of a lack of need
x264/x265 encoder had further progress. Is there any info available which versions to pick from "http://msystem.waw.pl/x265/" for example ?
Rodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2018, 19:34   #27318  |  Link
jdobbs

@LowDead

That's a subscript out of range error... which is very odd and makes me think (at first glance) it is a corrupt source. Can you tell me what disc and region you are trying to do?
Old 16th May 2018, 20:14   #27319  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

@ jdobbs

Thats an US funimation release of chunibyo rikka version. Well it was a corrupt source and/or hdd. After rerip everything goes smothly.

//LD
Old 16th May 2018, 20:19   #27320  |  Link
jdobbs

Cool.