Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 13th August 2019, 20:20   #1  |  Link
Kitsune

Activate subtitles in scenarist

I am making a series of modifications to a Commercial Bluray. For this I use BDremux and Scenarist 5.1.03
I have added an audio track in Spanish, along with two subtitle tracks. I want the second subtitle track to be activated simultaneously with the added audio, obviously it would be activated (the audio) from the remote control.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2019, 12:51   #2  |  Link
mp3dom

What you can do is enable the subtitle track once the user change the audio thanks to the topmenu or popupmenu. You can't change the subtitle track when the user change the audio with the remote because you don't have any "event listener" for the remote itself... this at least with standard HDMV authoring... with BD-J it should be possible but it's another league.
mp3dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2019, 13:20   #3  |  Link
Kitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3dom View Post
What you can do is enable the subtitle track once the user change the audio thanks to the topmenu or popupmenu. You can't change the subtitle track when the user change the audio with the remote because you don't have any "event listener" for the remote itself... this at least with standard HDMV authoring... with BD-J it should be possible but it's another league.
Ok, there is no event that listens to the remote control, perhaps it is obvious but the audio change does not generate an event that you can use?
the other way I have left would be to "add" the Spanish audio button to both the TopMenu and the PopMenu, so I ask some tutorial about it?
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2019, 23:48   #4  |  Link
mp3dom

When you change the audio/subtitles/chapter using only the remote, you don't receive any feedback from the stb. You need to query the system registers to get the updated value, but you can do that once the user open the popup or topmenu.
What you can do is to block the audio/subtitles change via the remote (using the UO mask feature) so the user is forced to change audio/subtitles using only the top/popup menus. Then, you can change the subtitles once the user change the audio. The SetStream command can change both the audio and subtitles at once.

Last edited by mp3dom; 19th August 2019 at 23:50.
mp3dom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scenarist bd, subtitles