Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 26th March 2011, 12:40   #7021  |  Link
BZeeme

No changes in multiAVCHD for several months and Dean no longer answers users questions. If you back up 1 page in this thread, Dean is working on a 3D project but if that will tie in to multiAVCHD or not ????

For your problem, maybe something on the Menu/Extended tab?
BZeeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 20:22   #7022  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZeeme View Post
No changes in multiAVCHD for several months and Dean no longer answers users questions.
Ya, I know about the new project. It is unfortunate that support for this program is now being placed along the wayside.

Quote:
For your problem, maybe something on the Menu/Extended tab?
Unfortunately, no.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 20:53   #7023  |  Link
Capsbackup

@MrVideo;
For a simple static / still menu, with a selectable poster thumbnail and text title name, but no audio or subtitle menu page, you could, under Author tab, unselect " Create top menu ", and select " Add classic title-list " menu.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 20:54   #7024  |  Link
thunderclap

I'm having an issue I hope someone here can help me with. I'm building an AVCHD (strict) disc using an H.264 MOV file with no audio. I am manually choosing an AC3 (640) file to incorporate, yet after the build is complete the AC3 file is completely ignored.

Also, I am trying to have multiAVCHD create chapter menus for me. I have 26 chapters in all, and a menu is create for the first 12, but no other menus for the remaining 14.

Does anyone know how to resolve these problems? It's very frustrating and I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

Last edited by thunderclap; 26th March 2011 at 20:56.
thunderclap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 21:09   #7025  |  Link
setarip_old

@thunderclap

Hi!
Quote:
I am manually choosing an AC3 (640) file to incorporate, yet after the build is complete the AC3 file is completely ignored.
Make sure that the audiostream has the SAME NAME (different 3 letter extender) as your videostream. I believe that if you then load ONLY the videostream, it will automatically load the audiostream.

Quote:
Also, I am trying to have multiAVCHD create chapter menus for me. I have 26 chapters in all, and a menu is create for the first 12, but no other menus for the remaining 14.
Under the "Authoring" tab, UNcheck "Set 12 equal chapters"...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 21:18   #7026  |  Link
thunderclap

@setarip_old: Thanks for the quick response. I'll give that a try and report back.
Old 26th March 2011, 21:21   #7027  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderclap View Post
I'm having an issue I hope someone here can help me with. I'm building an AVCHD (strict) disc using an H.264 MOV file with no audio. I am manually choosing an AC3 (640) file to incorporate, yet after the build is complete the AC3 file is completely ignored.

Does anyone know how to resolve these problems? It's very frustrating and I'd really appreciate any suggestions.
If your H.264 Mov file is not the proper AVCHD resolution, I don't believe it will work. Needs to be 1920x1080, 1280x720, etc...
If the resolution is within AVCHD specs, you could also demux the h.264 stream and remux your 640 AC3 stream to a new AVCHD or Blu-ray with tsMuxeR, including your custom chapters in tsMuxeR, then when you add video to multiAVCHD, add the playlist mpls file and all will be imported for you.

Or edit the chapter file within multiAVCHD.
Old 26th March 2011, 21:42   #7028  |  Link
thunderclap

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
Under the "Authoring" tab, UNcheck "Set 12 equal chapters"... [/Color]
I don't see that one, but I do see "Auto set 12 chapters". But it is unchecked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
If your H.264 Mov file is not the proper AVCHD resolution, I don't believe it will work. Needs to be 1920x1080, 1280x720, etc...
If the resolution is within AVCHD specs, you could also demux the h.264 stream and remux your 640 AC3 stream to a new AVCHD or Blu-ray with tsMuxeR, including your custom chapters in tsMuxeR, then when you add video to multiAVCHD, add the playlist mpls file and all will be imported for you.

Or edit the chapter file within multiAVCHD.
My MOV is 1280x720 and I've tried importing it to tsMuxeR but I get an error message. Well, not so much a message as a window pops up with an X and no message.

Last edited by thunderclap; 26th March 2011 at 21:45.
Old 26th March 2011, 21:53   #7029  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
My MOV is 1280x720 and I've tried importing it to tsMuxeR but I get an error message. Well, not so much a message as a window pops up with an X and no message.
You need to demux it first, to create a .264. Use Yamb to demux, then import the .264 and ac3 into tsMuxeR.
http://yamb.unite-video.com/download.html
http://www.digital-digest.com/articl...ide_page5.html
Old 26th March 2011, 22:09   #7030  |  Link
MrVideo

I gave up on the XMB menu as I can't get it to display anything related to the titles in the menu screen.

So, now I'm trying to create a slide menu and that is leading to even more frustration. I can't see a way to select a frame for the title in the menu. All I get are these thumbnails with a light blue background containing "multiAVCHD.deanBG.com" text.

Where does one select the frame to use for these thumbnails?
Old 26th March 2011, 22:19   #7031  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
For a simple static / still menu, with a selectable poster thumbnail and text title name, but no audio or subtitle menu page, you could, under Author tab, unselect " Create top menu ", and select " Add classic title-list " menu.
OK, I did that, but now I do not see a way to preview what that menu looks like.
Old 26th March 2011, 22:25   #7032  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
I believe that if you then load ONLY the videostream, it will automatically load the audiostream.
It doesn't. I had separate *.264 and *.ac3 files and loading the video files didn't bring in the audio.

The problem with having separate *.264 files is that mAVCHD isn't able to do any preview imaging. No time markers in the video, I believe.

I loaded the MKV files that I had also made and that allows for viewing the video and because the audio is part of the MKV file, they get loaded as well.

Last edited by MrVideo; 26th March 2011 at 22:58.
Old 27th March 2011, 00:19   #7033  |  Link
thunderclap

Quote:
Make sure that the audiostream has the SAME NAME (different 3 letter extender) as your videostream. I believe that if you then load ONLY the videostream, it will automatically load the audiostream.
That didn't work. The AC3 was ignored.

Quote:
You need to demux it first, to create a .264. Use Yamb to demux, then import the .264 and ac3 into tsMuxeR.
http://yamb.unite-video.com/download.html
http://www.digital-digest.com/articl...ide_page5.html
I tried this, and tsMuxeR crashes halfway through creating the file. I also tried muxing with Yamb, which succeeded, but multiAVCHD doesn't like the MP4 file it created.
Old 27th March 2011, 01:02   #7034  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
I tried this, and tsMuxeR crashes halfway through creating the file. I also tried muxing with Yamb, which succeeded, but multiAVCHD doesn't like the MP4 file it created.
It then appears your .264 file is not AVCHD compliant.
Old 27th March 2011, 01:15   #7035  |  Link
thunderclap

Quote:
It then appears your .264 file is not AVCHD compliant.
But then why does it open fine as an h.264 MOV before demuxing and then remuxing with the AC3 included as an MP4?
Old 27th March 2011, 01:16   #7036  |  Link
setarip_old

@thunderclap
Quote:
That didn't work. The AC3 was ignored
How did you determine this?

Please repeat the procedure I suggested (Identical primary filenames for both .264 and .ac3 streams in the same folder - Then load ONLY .264 stream into multiAVCHD) and then post the log back here...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2011, 01:27   #7037  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
How did you determine this?
By the fact that the audio streams were not there.

But, in my case I think I may know why. If the program is strict about matching file names, it will never load in multiple audio streams, only a single stream. I have seven.

The format is: file.264, file_1.ac3 through file_7.ac3.

If Dean is only looking at "file", it would then be looking for file.ac3, which doesn't exist.

There was nothing in the log when I did it.
Old 27th March 2011, 01:32   #7038  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
But then why does it open fine as an h.264 MOV before demuxing and then remuxing with the AC3 included as an MP4?
Because an h.264 video file that is to be used for AVCHD authoring and/or Blu-ray compliant authoring, has a strict set of options that must be used when encoded.

For standalone computer playback, those requirements are a lot looser. Also, MP4 is a wrapper, and as long as the program that is doing the muxing can determine that the video is H.264, it will wrap it.
Old 27th March 2011, 01:38   #7039  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
tsMuxeR is rejecting the file because there is some incompatibility with it, and maybe its the audio stream. You could try TsRemux to compile.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/TsRemux
Old 27th March 2011, 01:40   #7040  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
OK, I did that, but now I do not see a way to preview what that menu looks like.
multiAVCHD does not have a reliable menu preview, at least for the Title List menu. The text will be there, but the thumbnail preview does not show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Where does one select the frame to use for these thumbnails?
Look for the Poster button just below Chapters when in the Media tab, after clicking on the title at the bottom of the window in Compilation. Slide the preview slider or input your known time frame in the box.

Last edited by Capsbackup; 27th March 2011 at 01:47.

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author