Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 27th September 2010, 22:35   #3961  |  Link
Temuthril

I found yet another thing regarding PSPs, apparently weighted b frames can rarely cause issues.

When I added --no-weightb to the command line the decoding errors disappeared.
Old 28th September 2010, 02:43   #3962  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Stax I was wondering if in a future version you could add the option into the audio config to have a "same as source" option for channel selection.
Old 28th September 2010, 16:13   #3963  |  Link
whiteshark999

1 question thanks

Hi all please can someone tell me what these do in red thanks to you all.
Old 28th September 2010, 18:36   #3964  |  Link
Lighto
The Black Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
@Lighto

The first thing would probably be easy to add but not allowing multiple instances is a little bit problematic because of the startup time and little benefit it has. A second instance can run a job parallel to the first instance, it can also append jobs to the job list of the first instance. Only problem I see some can forget there is already a instance running, I think it happened once to me but it wasn't dramatic.
Didn't knew it could work that way.

Personally, I would prefer that the StaxRip window doesn't close but is just keep behind the log window.
I would like other folks using StaxRip to share their thought regarding this, I feel that this will shorten the time taken for the user to add in another job while StaxRip is encoding.
I am not saying it's significant or anything but I am sure this will save some clicks before the user can add another job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
@Betsy

I've checked it, order was:

crop
srt
noise
resize
cut

I'm not well informed about what is the best position since I've little to no experience with hard coded subs. I guess the current code puts it after crop, looks like it's probably better to put in in front of resize.

I remember I made some change when I had added the new subtitle preview in the muxing dialog, before it was even worse probably.

The preview feature will take the filters, add the target DAR, the selected subtitle and the first audio file and plays everything in the media player to check if video, audio and subtitles are all in sync.
I am no expert in this area but personally I would like to have the hardsub at the end of all the other video filters.

My thinking is that resizing after it have been hardsubbed would lower the visual quality of the sub.
There isn't a significant different in the preview window though.

I am not sure if my thinking is the same way as avisynth works but I see that MeGUI and RipBot264 places the hardsub filter at the end of the other video filters as well in the AVS Script.
Old 29th September 2010, 07:36   #3965  |  Link
dud

Used windows explorer to change to numerical files names but would be nice to have a fix.
Old 30th September 2010, 10:13   #3966  |  Link
MikeTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTR View Post
...Staxrip hasn't let me down yet. Thats more than most programs can say.
I know I shouldn't have tempted fate.... Now I suddenly come across a more annoying Staxrip problem.
When batch encoding, the video and audio are way out of sync. Manual merging of the same temp files comes out just fine. So does an individual encode of the same source file(s). From what I can make out, in batch mode mkvmerge doesn't merge @ 24/1001 fps but probably at the 'original' framerate. I can reproduce this error with multiple NTSC sources, but PAL batch encodes work just fine.

UPDATE: comparing the logs, the only difference between the OK individual encode and the failed batch encode is in the mkvmerge section:
OK:
Original display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Standard : NTSC
FAILED:
Original display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Original frame rate : 23.976 fps
Standard : NTSC

Last edited by MikeTR; 30th September 2010 at 13:06. Reason: update
Old 30th September 2010, 15:19   #3967  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Is your source selection set to automatic in Batch mode. If not what setting do you use, DGindexNV, mpegsource, FFsm2 etc
Old 1st October 2010, 11:17   #3968  |  Link
MikeTR

Didn't change any Batch settings as far as I know. Where to check to be sure?
Logfile for both shows same demux info:
------------------------------------------------------------
DGIndex - Demux audio and index MPEG-2
------------------------------------------------------------

"C:\ProgramData\StaxRip\Applications\DGMPGDec\DGIndex.exe" -i "C:\Temp\VTS_01_1.VOB" -ia 2 -fo 0 -yr 1 -tn 1 -om 2 -drc 2 -dsd 0 -dsa 0 -o "C:\Temp\VTS_01_1 temp files\VTS_01_1" -hide -exit

Demuxer: DGIndex - Demux audio and index MPEG-2

Start: 13:33:01
End: 13:33:09
Duration: 00:00:08

Strange thing is that I've batch encoded NTSC sources before without a problem. Temp files come out fine, so it seems that when merging the wrong framerate is selected somehouw.
Old 1st October 2010, 14:57   #3969  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

can you post debug info for both or upload them somewhere, you probably are right that errors occurs with merge but why?
Old 1st October 2010, 15:21   #3970  |  Link
MikeTR

uploaded two log files here (b=batch &i=individually encoded)
http://www.4shared.com/file/hD6LQEWK...taxRip__b.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/FuDAyNDW...taxRip__i.html

Last edited by MikeTR; 1st October 2010 at 15:24.
Old 4th October 2010, 02:49   #3971  |  Link
Ryo94

I'm just wondering if the preview takes the change when the denoisers are enabled since I save a frame as bmp with and without the heavy denoiser applied and the pictures looks identical, with the rest of the filters (ie. deinterlacers, resizers) I see clearly the difference in preview but not with the denoisers. I'm using Staxrip 1.1.7.0 in Win7.

Last edited by Ryo94; 5th October 2010 at 03:34.
Old 7th October 2010, 22:18   #3972  |  Link
fabje

Someone here know if it is possible to get DGAVCDecDI to work with Staxrip?

Last edited by fabje; 7th October 2010 at 22:25.
Old 8th October 2010, 05:07   #3973  |  Link
JarrettH

I was wanting to use StaxRip, but it insists on using Java even if I go through and deselect/remove everything except for DGIndex...let me find that old post with the same issue...

Quote:
ProjectX and Java are required even when disabled through preparation (MPEG2)
Also, could you update the first post to cut down on the number of redirects to download the software?

First post ---> stax76's place, click StaxRip ---> click Download at SourceForge ---> takes you to http://staxmedia.sourceforge.net/ ---> takes you to SourceForge project download page ---> Click to download

Last edited by JarrettH; 8th October 2010 at 05:17.
Old 9th October 2010, 20:42   #3974  |  Link
Fidelix

Well, even when i'm not in batch, video and audio is becoming out of sync. I dont know why.

EDIT: Video is out of sync. I tried muxing encoded video with original audio and it did not work.

EDIT 2: Using FFVideoSource makes the Video out of sync. Encoding the same file with DirectShowSource works fine, however, the provided version of BeSweet only outputs the first 2 seconds of the audio stream. Replacing it with a version from the author's site fixes the problem. Unfortunately, DirectShowSource does not work for all inputs.

I am using Staxrip 1.1.7. My OS is Windows 7 x64.

Last edited by Fidelix; 14th October 2010 at 02:26.
Old 10th October 2010, 20:34   #3975  |  Link
albas

Dunno if I am posting in the right place, but if I am not, please send me in the right direction.

I am running Staxrip 1.1.7.0 beta and I have the same problem in 1.1.6.9.

The problem arises when encoding large .ts files from a 1080i HDTV source to x264. I have tried with several different files which are about 1h 30m long and same problem every time:

Around 71,5 % (or around 100 000 frames) through the 1pass fps drops from about 25fps to somewhere around 2-3fps. At the same time my CPU load decreases from about 50% to about 5% and there is basically no load on any of the CPU cores. Same thing happens during 2pass only CPU load is initially higher.

It's been a while since I encoded large files and seem to remember that I didn't have the problem on version 1.1.6. Also, I don't have the problem with smaller files like 45 min long video. They are encoded in about 1 h 30 min or so while the 1h 30m long video took 14 hours to encode!! Using same x264 settings of course.

I am running windows 7 64bit and i7 CPU with 6 GB RAM.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Edit: Had ver. 1.1.6 still, changed back to that and it worked fine.

Last edited by albas; 11th October 2010 at 00:40.
Old 18th October 2010, 17:55   #3976  |  Link
Shinji-kun

If my input audio is a demuxed AC3 track (PCM I think) from DVD and I select AAC as the audio codec, is this considered transcoding or regular encoding? I heard that transcoding of audio or video reduces the quality even more than an initial encode does. Basically are all AC3 tracks that come from R1 DVDs uncompressed? So encoding them is not considered transcoding?
Old 18th October 2010, 19:33   #3977  |  Link
BlackSand

StaxRip.ErrorAbortException: x264 failed with exit code -1073741515

Hi!

I'm trying to encode movie with parameter "zones" (x264) and after click start get this error:

[quote]StaxRip.ErrorAbortException: x264 failed with exit code -1073741515

Edit: Solved - broken x264.exe

Last edited by BlackSand; 19th October 2010 at 11:36.
Old 20th October 2010, 23:03   #3978  |  Link
turok
The Lazy One

Location: The TurokZone. Next Door are the heavens, hells, and on the backside the void
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji-kun View Post
If my input audio is a demuxed AC3 track (PCM I think) from DVD and I select AAC as the audio codec, is this considered transcoding or regular encoding? I heard that transcoding of audio or video reduces the quality even more than an initial encode does. Basically are all AC3 tracks that come from R1 DVDs uncompressed? So encoding them is not considered transcoding?
just convert it to a lossless wav then encode to a lossy format. ac3 (dolby digital) is a lossy format.
and yes transcoding does reduce quality so please follow the first line i just typed.

"Always try to understand the perspective of not only yourself but others as well"

Am a fanboy of StaxRip
Old 21st October 2010, 01:19   #3979  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

tried to convert some films with Staxrip 1.1.7.0 ASP DivX (8.0 - 8.1.2) all lead to BSOD "IQRL driver not equal" something like that,

anyway went back to DivX 7.2.2 (not sure why but Stax causes BSOD when working with all versions of DivX 8 ASP mode)

could be a many reasons what's causing it, could be divx problem, could be a problem with my system.... who can say,

but DivX 7.2.2 (which is Codec 6.9.1 works fine)

i tried version 8 because i wanted the 6.9.1 update too 6.9.2 but downgraded again because of the BSOD problems.

the annoying thing is that the 6.9.1 divx codec keeps wanting to update to 6.9.2 (something about HD), only it doesn't download a small update, but rather downloads version 8 bundle, a message about an update from 6.9.1 too 6.9.2 seems simple enough, but then to have an entire upgrade package downloaded attempting to upgrade 7 to 8 is very....... "i don't have the word for it"....... but doesn't seem right that's for sure.

anyway i contemplated weather to post this or not..... i finally thought it would be best too share my experience, just in case there is an issue with Stax and version 8 of DivX ASP.

question....

if my codec is 6.9.1 (DivX 7.2.2 bundle) why does the 1st pass and 2nd pass options in staxrip bring up a divx config page that show's 6.8 at the top and not 6.9 as it should?
is this a DivX issue or Stax issue?

because it appears that i have divx 6.8 installed going by that config page (which is quite worrisome)?

Last edited by Pulp Catalyst; 21st October 2010 at 01:31. Reason: tidy up
Old 21st October 2010, 02:34   #3980  |  Link
Shinji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok View Post
just convert it to a lossless wav then encode to a lossy format. ac3 (dolby digital) is a lossy format.
and yes transcoding does reduce quality so please follow the first line i just typed.
How can I convert it to a lossless WAV? I have tried to use the "Demux AC3 to WAV" audio option in DGIndex and it hasn't worked once. Can BeLight convert the audio to a lossless WAV.

Simply encoding to x264 with no audio and then muxing the demuxed AC3 track sounds more straightforward.
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265