Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11th April 2010, 02:36   #7661  |  Link
jdobbs

@Hookahice

Issue 1: I'll try to see what I can do, but at the time you usually run out of disc space it's usually X264 that is running. I guess I can look and see what space is remaining before starting.

Issue 2: Not sure how that could happen unless the O/S is returning that value to me. I'll do a scrub and look for the "?" character and replace it with somethign (I already do that with some other characters).

Issue 3: Probably not much I can do. In order to remove all references (rather than just the stream), I'd probably have to put some type of AI into analyzing the commands of the virtual machine also... that can get a little hairy.

Issue 4: The reason I recommend using "wmv9" for VC-1 is because other codecs seem to fail on certain types of VC-1 sources. With your choice you are using whatever default sits behind FFDSHOW... which is probably WMP-12, but it's unpredictable.

Issue 5: Does that disc have secondary audio (PiP)? I think there may be some remaining issues with my handling of PiP. I'm working on a post rebuild scanner that changes PiP audio tracks back to their original PID -- that may fix it.
Old 11th April 2010, 07:27   #7662  |  Link
Discoboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
True, but I still thought you'd have to turn the forced subs on with a register just like a normal sub. Maybe I got it wrong.
If that is the case then you have BD_RB programmed correctly for 1080p (i.e. a non-resized movie) as the forced subs are defaulted to on when the output is played on a player and the standard subs and defaulted to off.

It’s when you resize to 720P with BD_RB that the programming of BD_RB gets it wrong and turns off the forced subs of the output and combines the forced_subs with the normal subs.

So you have to enable subs to on with the players, but it then plays both subs at once and not just the force_subs.
Discoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 07:47   #7663  |  Link
Discoboy

@Hookahice

Issue 3 - Subtitles:

In the “Setup” menu of BD-RB in the “Subtitle Languages to Keep:” do you have:

- Only “English (eng)” checkbox set to ON and ALL other Subtitle Language checkboxes set to OFF?
- The “Limit to one track for each language” option checkbox set to ON?

This is how I have BD-RB setup and I only then see 1 option of English subs on my player.

Last edited by Discoboy; 11th April 2010 at 09:21.
Old 11th April 2010, 15:48   #7664  |  Link
PhilippeB

Lord of the Ring

I am having a strange issue with Lord of the ring - Fellowship of the Ring, and Return of the King.

I setted up the 3 movies to backup as 'Full' in BD-RD. Two towers went fine, but Fellowship of the ring and Return of the king came out with english audio tracks only, although i specified both english and french audio tracks.

At first, i though this was an error in my attention so i deleted every temporary files and re-done it again, this time being very torough how i setted up everything.

Now it came out (Again) a second time without French audio tracks.

Two towers makes it ok however. All 3 disks are comming from the same box set so i don't understand what is happening.

Also, i of course verified the originals with TS Muxer and they do have 2 audio tracks. English in Master audio 6.1 and French as Dolby digital 440kbps.

My settings are as follow:
MODE=0
TARGET_SIZE=23450
ENCODE_QUALITY=3
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;fra;fre;frm;fro;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=ang;eng;enm;fra;fre;frm;fro;
SD_CONVERT=0
COLOR_BOOST=0
RESIZE_1080=0
DTS_REENCODE=0
AC3_REENCODE=0
AC3_640=1
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1
AVCHD=0
REMOVE_WORKFILES=0
FULL_AVCHD=0
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=1
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=24500

PhilippeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 16:37   #7665  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilippeB View Post
I am having a strange issue with Lord of the ring - Fellowship of the Ring, and Return of the King.

I setted up the 3 movies to backup as 'Full' in BD-RD. Two towers went fine, but Fellowship of the ring and Return of the king came out with english audio tracks only, although i specified both english and french audio tracks.

At first, i though this was an error in my attention so i deleted every temporary files and re-done it again, this time being very torough how i setted up everything.

Now it came out (Again) a second time without French audio tracks.

Two towers makes it ok however. All 3 disks are comming from the same box set so i don't understand what is happening.

Also, i of course verified the originals with TS Muxer and they do have 2 audio tracks. English in Master audio 6.1 and French as Dolby digital 440kbps.

My settings are as follow:
MODE=0
TARGET_SIZE=23450
ENCODE_QUALITY=3
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;fra;fre;frm;fro;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=ang;eng;enm;fra;fre;frm;fro;
SD_CONVERT=0
COLOR_BOOST=0
RESIZE_1080=0
DTS_REENCODE=0
AC3_REENCODE=0
AC3_640=1
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1
AVCHD=0
REMOVE_WORKFILES=0
FULL_AVCHD=0
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=1
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=24500

What language does BD-RB see and display in the streams list?
Old 11th April 2010, 19:29   #7666  |  Link
DarWun

Quote:
True, but I still thought you'd have to turn the forced subs on with a register just like a normal sub. Maybe I got it wrong.
I recently did BD9 movie only backups of Angels and Demons, 2012, and District 9. All three movies have forced subtitles for non-english dialogue as a PGS track that is separate from the tracks with full subtitles. Rather than trying to figure out which track is the forced one by trial and error, I backed up these movies with all english subtitles selected. On playback of the backups, the forced subtitles are automatically on. I don't have to do anything to enable them.

Last edited by DarWun; 11th April 2010 at 19:32.
DarWun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 20:21   #7667  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarWun View Post
I recently did BD9 movie only backups of Angels and Demons, 2012, and District 9. All three movies have forced subtitles for non-english dialogue as a PGS track that is separate from the tracks with full subtitles. Rather than trying to figure out which track is the forced one by trial and error, I backed up these movies with all english subtitles selected. On playback of the backups, the forced subtitles are automatically on. I don't have to do anything to enable them.
Good to know. Thanks.
Old 11th April 2010, 20:49   #7668  |  Link
kalle2k3

For 2012, i can say that there are some captions forced inside the main english sub, there is no extra track for those forced subs. From my experience, only the presence of a forced caption inside a sub track or pure forced sub track will display the subs.
kalle2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 21:10   #7669  |  Link
DarWun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalle2k3 View Post
For 2012, i can say that there are some captions forced inside the main english sub, there is no extra track for those forced subs. From my experience, only the presence of a forced caption inside a sub track or pure forced sub track will display the subs.
That's strange. I'll have to go back and take a look at the subtitles. I created an MKV of 2012 to put on my media server around the same time I backed the movie up with BD-Rebuilder. I had extracted all of the PGS subtitles and converted them to sub/idx files. The main english subs did not appear to have any forced subs so I ignored them. I found one PGS which contained what I thought were all the subs for non-english dialogue, so I included it in the MKV. I got subtitles in the first scene where chinese was spoken, so I thought all was good. I haven't bothered to watch the movie much past that point, so there very well could be scenes later in the movie where subtitles will be missing.
DarWun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 21:26   #7670  |  Link
Discoboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalle2k3 View Post
I 2nd that.
That's exactly what I found with 2012 and why I reported the bug of the forced_subs being defaulted to off when down sized to 720p
Old 11th April 2010, 21:57   #7671  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by datman View Post
I"m re-doing this movie. After it was done it looks like 33.02 sticks an extra mpls in there that's part of the extras.

00047 is wrong and not shown in BDedit

I'm using tssplitter now, which may have been how I did it before

edit; actually there are several 47, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20 and 21 they are nearly every other one placed incorrectly
I think you're looking at a different MPLS than the one selected in BD-RB.

Are you saying you are doing some sort of preprocessing before you run it through BD-RB?
Old 11th April 2010, 22:37   #7672  |  Link
PhilippeB

Quote:
What language does BD-RB see and display in the streams list?
Before i start, it displays English and french for both Languages and subtitles. They are automatically selected due to my preferences.

But when the job is done, there is only English remaining in audio, and both PGS (presentation graphic streams / subtitles) english and french are muxed.

I started a workaround, i demuxed the original streams with TxMuxer to salvage the french audio track, then trying to remux with the previous result of BD RB but it won'T fit a BD.

One other workaround i though is redo the job again with BDRB telling it to compress 600Meg less than actual, then take the incomplete result at the end and then be able to add the french language track.

Theses two titles are the very first one to behave like that - never had this problem before.
Old 11th April 2010, 23:28   #7673  |  Link
Hookahice

Thank you jdobbs & Discoboy!
The issue with the subtitles is now resolved. All I had to do is to checkmark English only under the “Subtitle Languages to Keep” and checkmark the "Limit to one track for each language" under Options in BD Rebuilder as Discoboy suggested -that did it. Silly me...

I have also set "wmv9" for VC-1 in the FFDSHOW settings which fixed the issue with the Sherlock Holms Blu-Ray encode issue. Thanks again.

I will have to check Rambo BD and see if it does indeed have a secondary audio (PiP) and get back to this soon.
But thanks guys.
Hookahice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 00:28   #7674  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Before i start, it displays English and french for both Languages and subtitles. They are automatically selected due to my preferences.

But when the job is done, there is only English remaining in audio, and both PGS (presentation graphic streams / subtitles) english and french are muxed.

I started a workaround, i demuxed the original streams with TxMuxer to salvage the french audio track, then trying to remux with the previous result of BD RB but it won'T fit a BD.

One other workaround i though is redo the job again with BDRB telling it to compress 600Meg less than actual, then take the incomplete result at the end and then be able to add the french language track.

Theses two titles are the very first one to behave like that - never had this problem before.
Are you doing the encode via batch mode or regular mode?
Old 12th April 2010, 00:32   #7675  |  Link
PhilippeB

Quote:
Are you doing the encode via batch mode or regular mode?
Both times it was batch.

Also, everytime i start a batch, i cleanup (delete) everything that is in the destination folder to prevent anything from a previous job to interfere.

I can start it 'Single' this time to see if it works. I'll let you know tomorrow only because this one takes 10 hours to make in maximum quality mode (it is a 3H movie).

Old 12th April 2010, 01:15   #7676  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Both times it was batch.

Also, everytime i start a batch, i cleanup (delete) everything that is in the destination folder to prevent anything from a previous job to interfere.

I can start it 'Single' this time to see if it works. I'll let you know tomorrow only because this one takes 10 hours to make in maximum quality mode (it is a 3H movie).

Ahh... that helps. When you load the batch, is the french selected (during the encode)? One thing to remember (you probably already know this) -- when a job is added to batch, any changes made after the instant it was added to the queue has no affect.
Old 12th April 2010, 13:01   #7677  |  Link
Jake802

Please help...

I know I am doing something wrong and stupid here but I am having trouble reading the log file,can someone point me in the right direction. This is what I get when I got to do full disc backup of Watchmen Directors Cut...

-----------------------
[07:59:58] BD Rebuilder v0.33.04 (beta)
- Source: WATCHMEN
- Input BD size: 39.79 GB
- Approximate total content: [04:31:32.192]
- Target BD size: 4.27 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[08:00:00] Exited per user request.
-----------------------
[08:00:51] BD Rebuilder v0.33.04 (beta)
- Approximate total content: [04:30:56.990]
- Target BD size: 22.90 GB
- One Pass ABR Mode enabled
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=448
[08:00:53] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [08:00:53] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00524]
- [08:00:55] Reencoding: VID_00524 (1 of 50)
- [08:00:55] Reencoding secondary video [TRK_02]
- [08:01:00] Collecting video information
- Source Video: VC-1, 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 29 frames
- [08:01:00] Reencoding: VID_00524, Pass 1 of 1
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
- BD-Rebuilder v0.33.04 (beta)
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, not recommended version
- HAALI Splitter: Isn't recommended version
- FFDSHOW: 3274, not recommended version
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set incorrectly: [0]
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set incorrectly: [0]
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
[08:01:01] - Failed video encode, aborted
Jake802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 13:06   #7678  |  Link
colinhunt

v0.33.04 produced an error I've never seen before. Source is UK release of Life disc 1 (1080i50 with DTS-HD HR audio). Movie only, selected playlist which includes all three episodes.

Code:
-----------------------
[14:39:45] BD Rebuilder v0.33.04 (beta)
  - Source:  LIFE_D1
  - Input BD size: 40,70 GB
  - Approximate total content: [02:56:28.000]
  - Target BD size: 23,49 GB
  - MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
  - Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[14:39:46] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [14:39:46] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00106]
 - Error in attempt to MKVMERGE.
[14:51:33] - Failed to retrieve audio, aborted
update: Same thing happened with 0.33.02.

Last edited by colinhunt; 12th April 2010 at 14:10.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 14:24   #7679  |  Link
Dirk Diggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake802 View Post
I know I am doing something wrong and stupid here but I am having trouble reading the log file,can someone point me in the right direction. This is what I get when I got to do full disc backup of Watchmen Directors Cut...

-----------------------
[08:00:00] Exited per user request.
-----------------------
[08:00:51] BD Rebuilder v0.33.04 (beta)
- Approximate total content: [04:30:56.990]
- Target BD size: 22.90 GB
- One Pass ABR Mode enabled
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=448
[08:00:53] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [08:00:53] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00524]
- [08:00:55] Reencoding: VID_00524 (1 of 50)
- [08:00:55] Reencoding secondary video [TRK_02]
- [08:01:00] Collecting video information
- Source Video: VC-1, 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 29 frames
- [08:01:00] Reencoding: VID_00524, Pass 1 of 1
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
- BD-Rebuilder v0.33.04 (beta)
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set incorrectly: [0]
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set incorrectly: [0]
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
Where did you get your HAALI Splitter from? If you used the one from the first post it should work. Something changed in the latest version of HAALI Splitter and breaks BD-Rebuilder
Dirk Diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 14:51   #7680  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake802 View Post

-----------------------
It's telling you in the output exactly what your problem is. Correct your setup to the recommended versions.