Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18th September 2018, 03:43   #321  |  Link
vertigo220

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
Thanks for the info about forced flag and players, maybe I will add later this flag in cE. But for the moment you can set missing options in MTX via the mtxcfg file.
Fair enough. I await in eager anticipation . At least it's rare to need this for multi-edition movies, and as you say, I can do it manually, so it's not like it's urgent by any means.

Quote:
Yes I know cE is not the best GUI and I'm still on learning programing. BD2mkv writes immediately temp files and more temp files before the internal mkv mux starts.
So I have decided that a folder must exists and should not be changed.
My time is very limited and I think for cE1.xx it stays it is.
No worries. Many of the things I suggest aren't exactly big problems that need to be dealt with right away, just feedback for things to hopefully do at some point. I would say for me the biggest thing is the qpfile attachment, because that's the one thing I would need to do every time, so it would be nice to have it automated. And even that isn't a huge deal, since it's not exactly like I'm doing multi-edition MKVs all the time. I'm much more worried about the actual functionality of it, as I'm sure you are, and now that you got that bug fixed, it seems it's perfectly capable of replacing Xin1 for me at this point.

Quote:
MKV-icon:
Here is the original picture.
I can't use your uploaded pics because the background is not transparent.
I should have checked ahead of time, would have saved me a ton of time. Oh well. Anyways, here's a new one. I went a different route with it, let me know what you think. I would use the current disabled one (where the clapper is grayed out) for when the button is inaccessible and this one (or whatever version of it we land on) for when it's ready to start.
vertigo220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2018, 12:50   #322  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

I have changed the MKV-icon from the gray one to your green one, it looks a bit better, thanks for doing this.

All your suggestions are welcome and I try so many as possible to implement.
Attachments appending automatically should be not so hard to implement and coming soon.
You want to attach the qp.file only? Or there are other things which should attached?

Last edited by hubblec4; 18th September 2018 at 13:00.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2018, 16:33   #323  |  Link
vertigo220

The only thing I've ever attached before is the qpfile. Not sure if I'd ever have the need to attach anything else. I suppose it could have the ability to add attachments to cE that would be attached in MTX during the process, but I don't know how much use, if any, that would get. By the way, do you have a new version with the fix for the missing chapter so I can test it out?

Also, some movies have two editions but they're not done with ordered chapters, they just have a single m2ts for each one, which wastes a ton of space. Not an issue on the disc, but it is when making an MKV (or two, in this case). I was thinking about manually cutting out the differences from each and modifying the chapters to make an ordered chapter version, but it seems to me this would be an immense amount of work and I have a feeling I'd spend hours on it and still not have it turn out quite right. I don't suppose there's anything in cE that would help with such a project?
Old 18th September 2018, 19:52   #324  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

I will add Attachments in cE1.06, 1.05 will be available on thursday(maybe tomorrow).

Quote:
Also, some movies have two editions but they're not done with ordered chapters, they just have a single m2ts for each one,
I have found one BD for this case and first I thought this is an authoring issue.
cE has indeed a tool which helps you, Multi-MKV Editor(Matroska Tools). But you have to cut all different parts of the two movies manually.
Then rename all parts like 1.mkv and 2.mkv and so on. Load the folder in Multi-MKV editor, join the parts with the Merge-Button.
Start the editor add two editions with the respective parts, you can also preserve the original chapters. For Multi-MKV editor exists same tutorial videos.

Last edited by hubblec4; 18th September 2018 at 19:58.
Old 18th September 2018, 23:50   #325  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

chapterEditor(cE) rev1.05 is available.
Windows
Linux

Multi-MKV files can now be split in the Multi-MKV Editor.
For Multi-MKV files with a segment info edition,
the individual segments of an edition can be specifically extracted,
for example, to process them again in an NLE project.

If there is no segment info edition, the segments are calculated based on all timestamps.
Here, all related times are interpreted as a segment.
This always results in a minimum number of segments, which reduces the split number and partially
lowers to 0. In some cases MKVToolNix does not have to "cut" anything to directly extract an edition.

For the Disc2mkv editors there is now a possibility to insert a segment info edition.
This is intended for further editing for NLE projects.

Code:
Change chapterEditor

added    &
fixed    *
improved #
changed  %

rev1.05 2018-09-19
// chapterEditor
# Adjusted standard colors for the XBars for Windows with activated Themes
   - at the very first start if there is no ini file
   - Reset the colors in the settings

// Disc2mkv
& Insert edition with Segment information (settings)
   - only for Multi-edition MKV mode

& If the target folder does not exist, it will try to create it
   - Cancel only if the target folder can not be created

* In very rare cases, a chapter with a duration of 0 seconds has been added to the Multi-edition chapter structure

// BD2mkv
* Source components were not "hidden" under Windows 10

// Matroska Multi-MKV
& Split Multi-MKV

& Split options
   - Extract edition(s)
   - Extract segments (but no double)
   - Always extract all segments

& for extracting segments, the split files are renamed to the segment number

& Manually splitting and muxing (Settings)

Last edited by hubblec4; 20th September 2018 at 13:04.
Old 26th September 2018, 22:32   #326  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

ROTATION to the TagName list

Quote:
Thanks for your chapterEditor feedback and info about players which can handle rotation of mkvs.

ROTATION TagName is not an official Matroska TagName and it is not in the TagName list. I hope you do not enter ROTATION again and again in the edit field.
You can use the Text favorites (yellow star).
Or would it be helpful to add ROTATION to the TagName list? There are other unofficial TagNames like the MKVToolNix Statistics Tags TagNames.

Let me know if you need something.
Thanks! I didn't notice that yellow star fave icon all this time until now. So I haven't utilized it for so long. That button is very handy and time-saving. Thus, indeed, I've been typing text or copy-pasting text over and over since the beginning.

Indeed that ROTATION tag is unofficial, though I didn't create it, and there were no documentation or any post in the internet about it for Matroska. I didn't request for it either. But I really desired such ability back then for Matroska because I remux all my videos to MKV. Luckily back then after I remuxed a tag-rotated MP4 to MKV, the rotation tag was inherited into the MKV file when viewed by MediaInfo, so I extracted it, and that was it. And the only player back then that could recognize that tag was MPC-HC. I'm not sure or can't remember which of MKVToolNix or FFmpeg (or if both) was the one I used to remux the MP4 to MKV.

That unofficial rotation tag would be a great addition to chapterEditor, but I'm torn. I may be the only one who uses that rotation tag repeatedly for now. Who knows if other Users/people know about it. After I discovered it, in other forums I requested for the "auto-rotation during playback feature" and said thank you afterwards, but other Users/posters paid no attention to it.

I would love for it to be added in the future but you don't have to do it until maybe some other people use that tag themselves too or if they want their own unofficial tags included. Well Mp3tag now has the ability to let Users enter their own genres and even hide the program's default list of genres for easy scrolling. But that yellow star fave button already put a smile on my face and it's quite enough for me.

Thanks again and more power.

Last edited by Wakaku; 26th September 2018 at 22:35.
Wakaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2018, 00:20   #327  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

I am glad that you like the yellow star button.

I will add a new section to the TagName list: Matroska Features
The ROTATION feature description can be added to the specs easily.

Quote:
Well Mp3tag now has the ability to let Users enter their own genres and even hide the program's default list of genres for easy scrolling.
I had thought about this list in cE for a while and maybe I change it a bit.

EDIT:
A question to you: You said you delete MKVToolNix Statistics Tags.
Would it be helpful to have an option(ShortCut) to delete such Tags in Matroska files? (Like the "Delete Matroska Tags from files")

Last edited by hubblec4; 27th September 2018 at 00:28.
Old 30th September 2018, 23:09   #328  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

chapterEditor(cE) rev1.06 is available.
Windows
Linux

In this update there are several new features and improvements for the Disc2mkv editors.
The editing of multi-edition discs should now be a bit easier.

"Preselection track flag"
For the subtitles, two flags Standard and Compression can be predefined.
A partially-checked checkbox is the default value for MKVToolNíx(MTX).
MTX then decides how to set this flag.

Now file attachments can be set.
QP file (x264) is the only file so far
If there is more need for more files, please let me know.

"Always jump to the last line in the log": deactivated
The memo in which the output text is appended does not react as I would like.
In addition, Linux and Windows handle this differently.

Windows: After the new text has been appended, it jumps to the cursor position.
Therefore, you can not use the mouse to control the scrollbar, but you can use the arrow keys to
because the cursor is also moved.

Linux: It is still jumped to the last line,
if the cursor was in the last line before the new text was appended.

"Save in Matroska files"
Because cE does not write into Matroska files, I need mkvpropedit.
Mkvpropedit needs an XML file (chapters/tags) and this must generate cE beforehand.
Then the XML file is deleted again.
When I create Multi-Edition MKVs I need these XML files and have had until now
always save twice. Once in the Matroska file and once as an XML file, this is now omitted.

Matroska Tags: The MTX Statistics Tags are not written to the XML file.
In the edtior these Statistics Tags are not available.
Note: Saving the tags again in the MKV would delete / overwrite the MTX Statistics Tags.

I forgot to mention:
In the online chapter database I have uploaded the complete Deep Space Nine series with english and german chapter names.

Code:
Change chapterEditor

added    &
fixed    *
improved #
changed  %

rev1.06 2018-10-01
// chapterEditor
& Support for timecode lists (text file .txt) in HH:MM:SS:ff format

// Matroska Chapters + Matroska Tags
& Keep XML file when saving in Matroska files (Settings)
  - a custom XML file name can be assigned
  - for the file bars (Save (as)) and a right click the function is always active

// Disc2mkv
& Always bring MKVToolNix Log tab in front (Settings)

& Always jump to the last line in the log (Settings)

& Preselection: Standard track flag (Settings)

& Preselection: Compression track flag (settings)

& Warning if an edition was not named (only Multi-Edition-MKV mode)
  - Cancel, or use default name

& Help texts for some components

& too little space Warning (Settings)
  - A warning appears in the status bar, abort of the editor
  - Init values: BD2mkv 30Gb; DVD2mkv 8Gb
  - the value 0 deactivates the function

& Attachments
  - QP file (x264)

& check if the target folder still exists
  - before creating the MKV file
  - Prepare Multi-Editions (an attempt is made to rebuild the folder)

# adapted a few translations

% the Tags file is only created when the MKV is to be created
  - Edition names can be changed at any time

// Multi-MKV
# English translations were missing

Last edited by hubblec4; 30th September 2018 at 23:22.
Old 3rd October 2018, 13:06   #329  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

@Wakaku

I have asked the Matroska Devs to add the ROTATION(ROTATE) TagName as an official Matroska TagName.
The answer is NO, because such an element was added:
Code:
<element name="ProjectionPoseRoll" path="1*1(\Segment\Tracks\TrackEntry\Video\Projection\ProjectionPoseRoll)" cppname="VideoProjectionPoseRoll" id="0x7675" type="float" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" minver="4" default="0x0p+0" webm="1">
    <documentation lang="en">Specifies a roll rotation to the projection.<br/>Semantics<br/>Value represents a counter-clockwise rotation, in degrees, around the forward vector. This rotation must be applied after the ProjectionPoseYaw and ProjectionPosePitch rotations. The value of this field should be in the -180 to 180 degree range.</documentation>
</element>
But I guess no player supports this for the moment, but you could test it and report here if it works.
Old 5th October 2018, 02:16   #330  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

Issue on yellow fave button in Matroska Tools

1. About the official ProjectionPoseRoll element code:

So far the only program I can use to edit it is MKVToolNix GUI's Header Editor. I didn't notice the options before or most likely I overlooked. Must be new additions when MKVToolNix became v20+, perhaps even new to Matroska itself.

I tried to change the values especially the "Video projection's roll rotation" to 90 for example, but no luck. So far they indeed have no effect on playback on my players here, namely MPC-HC, MPC-BE, VLC, SMPlayer, PotPlayer, KMPlayer. I'll post in the future for any positive progress. And so for now, I'll just settle for the "unofficial" XML ROTATE tag.

I hope that such video projection HEADER tags are finally the lossless rotation capability for Matroska that I desire, especially since MP4 already has its own rotation metadata eversince which is universally recognized by desktop and gadget players.

And THANKS for requesting for the Matroska Devs to officially add that XML ROTATE tag. Even though they declined, I'm very all right with it.

2. About potential chapterEditor's ability to delete MKVToolNix Statistics Tags with one shortcut:

Definitely, it would be a worthy addition to chapterEditor. I think MKVToolNix v6.9.1 was the last version to NOT auto-include those statistic tags. For a regular User it would be quite difficult to remove them unless they're willing to use the CLI exe's.

IMHO, those stat tags should be OFF by default not the other way around. Hence back then since v7.0.0, most GUI's for Matroska unknowingly also auto-included those stat tags to their output files. So I went back using v6.9.1 until the "--disable-track-statistics-tags" option was introduced quite far later. Also back then, MediaInfo displayed it as it was, two quite long, uppercased, "unbreakable" texts/strings.

3. Issue found on yellow fave button in Matroska Tools:

I tried on both versions 1.05 and the latest 1.06. My custom texts for both buttons can be saved and retrieved without problems. But for the TagName fave, after I pick by clicking my previously saved custom text, it will appear in the input box but it will not appear to the left pane in the TargetType/TagName column. It won't be saved by clicking save into an MKV even though there was a Windows sound to confirm it, even by repeatedly clicking it. If there is an existing TargetType/TagName value, it won't get updated as well. While the TagString/Binary fave is okay, it will appear to the left pane, gets updated and saved into an MKV.

4. I just read on MKVToolNix's Doom9 thread at page 6 about chapterEditor staying as portable and not affecting the system like the Registry. I definitely commend it. I myself favor downloading and using the portable/zipped counterpart over the exe setup of programs.
Wakaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2018, 08:28   #331  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Hey,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakaku View Post

So far the only program I can use to edit it is MKVToolNix GUI's Header Editor.
This is slightly incorrect. Both mkvmerge (option "--projection-pose-roll <TID:float>") as well as mkvpropedit (property "projection-pose-roll") can handle it, too.

Quote:
I didn't notice the options before or most likely I overlooked. Must be new additions when MKVToolNix became v20+, perhaps even new to Matroska itself.
That's correct. All of the video projection attributes are a recent addition to the Matroska specifications and therefore to MKVToolNix, too. I don't expect any player to actually support them yet.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Mosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2018, 10:49   #332  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Like Mosu writes, MTX-GUI and mkvpropedit are able to change/handle this Matroska element.
And this "new" element needs some time until the Player-Devs have recognized and implemented it.
For the moment is the XML ROTATE the only way to get working this feature, and I guess it will stay available for a loooong time.

Quote:
2. About potential chapterEditor's ability to delete MKVToolNix Statistics Tags with one shortcut:

Definitely, it would be a worthy addition to chapterEditor. ....
I had yesterday time and I have implemented this feature and additional a possibility to add MTX track Statistics Tags(StatsTags).
The StatsTags are very helpful and in some cases(for chapterEditor) necessary.

Quote:
3. Issue found on yellow fave button in Matroska Tools:

I tried on both versions 1.05 and the latest 1.06. My custom texts for both buttons can be saved and retrieved without problems. But for the TagName fave, after I pick by clicking my previously saved custom text, it will appear in the input box but it will not appear to the left pane in the TargetType/TagName column. It won't be saved by clicking save into an MKV even though there was a Windows sound to confirm it, even by repeatedly clicking it. If there is an existing TargetType/TagName value, it won't get updated as well. While the TagString/Binary fave is okay, it will appear to the left pane, gets updated and saved into an MKV.
Many thanks for this report, and yes I can reproduce this issue and I think there is one more .....not good.
Old 7th October 2018, 22:43   #333  |  Link
vertigo220

So I'm trying to do something, and it's not working at all. I'm wondering if chapterEditor can even do it. Instead of making a multi-edition MKV with ordered chapters (which I haven't even ventured into yet), I'm trying to make a single-edition one. It has 7 chapters, and I'm trying to make it play 1,2,3,7,4,5,6. I could build the MKV in that order, but I'd like to keep it with chapter 7 on the end, but playing after chapter 3, instead, and I'm also just trying to figure out how to use cE better. I thought I'd be able to do it just be rearranging the chapters in MTX, but that didn't work. Maybe it's just not possible, but I find that hard to believe. Can you provide some guidance?
Old 8th October 2018, 01:31   #334  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

You need also ordered chapters for this task. I guess for the 7 chapters exists start times only.
Load your chapter file(or make it from scratch) and set for the edition a playing time, this is very important for the ordered end timestamp creation.
Edition end timestamp: In most cases match the mkv-duration(SegmentInfo) with the video duration and you can drag&drop the mkv onto the edit field(or use the button with the file-clock-icon). Otherwise you find a video duration timestamp if the track Statistics Tags included(MediaInfo can help).
Then activate the ordered checkbox for the edition -> end timestamps should be available now.
And now move chapter 7 via drag&drop after chapter 3. Save to the mkv file and play(you can use the play-button).
Old 10th October 2018, 21:35   #335  |  Link
MukiEX

Is there a way to merge multi-angle MPLS files? e.g. one MPLS, multiple angles, each with their own set of segments (a lot are the same between the angles, same as multiple editions but with the same playtime)

Last edited by MukiEX; 10th October 2018 at 21:39.
MukiEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2018, 22:22   #336  |  Link
vertigo220

Ok, so I did what you said and it still wasn't working, so I tried MPC-HC and it worked there. So I'm betting at least some of my previous attempts would have worked as well. For some reason, PotPlayer isn't playing the orders in the specified order, but rather playing them in the order they're written in the mkv file. That's strange, though, since it works perfectly with multi-edition files. And it completely breaks how Kodi reads the file, unsurprisingly. Kodi sees it as having only four chapters: the first three then chapter 7 (inserted after ch. 3). So I guess I'll just have to build the mkv in the order I want. Not a big deal, this was more just messing around and seeing if and how it could be done than really needing it that way.

As for PotPlayer, is this an issue I should bring up with the dev, or do you think maybe there's some other issue due to the fact it supports multi-editions?
Old 10th October 2018, 23:02   #337  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukiEX View Post
Is there a way to merge multi-angle MPLS files? e.g. one MPLS, multiple angles, each with their own set of segments (a lot are the same between the angles, same as multiple editions but with the same playtime)
Multi-Angle Blu-rays are the same like Multi-Edition Blu-rays.
You can use BD2mkv with Multi-Edition-MKV mode.
Old 10th October 2018, 23:13   #338  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo220 View Post
Ok, so I did what you said and it still wasn't working, so I tried MPC-HC and it worked there. ....
As for PotPlayer, is this an issue I should bring up with the dev, or do you think maybe there's some other issue due to the fact it supports multi-editions?
I don't know Potplayer, and yes best Matroska Player today is MPC-HC/BE.
I have no idea why it is not working with a single ordered edition. You should ask the developer of PotPlayer.
Maybe has Wakaku more info his favorite player is PotPlayer.
Old 10th October 2018, 23:40   #339  |  Link
MukiEX

Quote:
Multi-Angle Blu-rays are the same like Multi-Edition Blu-rays.
You can use BD2mkv with Multi-Edition-MKV mode.
edit: all right, it's a no-go =(

So this is what I tried (Linux version, latest October release):

- Open MPLS file in BD2MKV mode (opening the folder entirely will 'cause a segmentation fault at the "star preparation" step)
- Set to "Multi-Edition-MKV-Mode", click green checkbox
- Check both angles so they're "enabled"
- Click "Start Preparation" arrow -> "The tracks can now be edited"

This step makes a subfolder named after the mpls file and first angle name. (no 2nd folder)

- Click "MKV file mux start" button to its right

Nothing seems to happen from that point on. I couldn't find any log files as to what might be failing.

The folder it made after clicking the green arrow had two files, shown here: http://pasteall.org/1321263

BTW, while I'm logged in lemme thank you for this tool; I've gotten so many movies MKV-ized that I held off on 'cause the disks had multiple editions =D

Last edited by MukiEX; 11th October 2018 at 00:02.
MukiEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 00:28   #340  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
So this is what I tried (Linux version, latest October release):

- Open MPLS file in BD2MKV mode (opening the folder entirely will 'cause a segmentation fault at the "star preparation" step)
What you mean with ".. segmentation fault at the "star preparation" step .."

What for settings are enabled? "-use filename as subfolder...-", Edit tracks(path to tsMuxeR?)

Quote:
- Set to "Multi-Edition-MKV-Mode", click green checkbox
- Check both angles so they're "enabled"
- Click "Start Preparation" arrow -> "The tracks can now be edited"

This step makes a subfolder named after the mpls file and first angle name. (no 2nd folder)
Yes, only one sub folder with the first Angle number is created, that's ok.

Quote:
- Click "MKV file mux start" button to its right

Nothing seems to happen from that point on. I couldn't find any log files as to what might be failing.

The folder it made after clicking the green arrow had two files, shown here: http://pasteall.org/1321263
Mmh this is not so good.
Chapter.xml and qp-file are generated while merging the editions.
When you click on Mux-MKV-icon, the tags file should be generated(and some other files).
Right away I do not know why it stops without a message.

Could you send me the BD-Structure(All folders and small files, without the m2ts files).

Tags
bluray backup, chapter editor, dvd2mkv, matroska menu, metadata, multi-edition-mkv, xml tag