Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 15th November 2019, 06:50   #17741  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howzz View Post
i noticed that with the latest update, "gathering information" is once again taking a lonnnnng time. except this time, regardless of choosing Lmash, FFmp2 or GPU makes it any faster. i noticed the update log says the script was updated. just exactly what changed made Gathering Information so much slower now.

i also noticed that it takes forever for the encode to begin now. from the time i click "start", to seeing all the cores loaded, it takes like 2 mins. before it used to be instant.
Join the club, mate...

I can't DE to work at all, since last update, consider yourself lucky that it only take 2 minutes.
Old 15th November 2019, 08:22   #17742  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
This is your software, and your update, so you need to help until this is resolved.

Not interested in VM nonsense, I just installed W10 1909 on another pc, left it all default, vanilla settings, installed what RB needs to work, it ask to do the exceptions it needed, loaded a new job, and exactly the same non starting, non connecting behaviour.

So I need some one to tell me exactly what they did, to get this latest build working in DE !!

I still don't understand why a working app, stops working after an update, and the creator of that update can't or won't tell us what he's done, or how to fix it.

I'll ask you again, did you view that screen capture I posted ???

That's what happens, just a lot of little boxes & icons flashing, not doing ANYTHING, no info in the TCP window..it's just dead !!!

So for now, I will just have to run with the previous working build, and turn off auto updates.
Stop using this free software. I owe you nothing. I'm done with you.
Atak_Snajpera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2019, 13:27   #17743  |  Link
slalom

Quote:
Seriously...is that the best you can do !!

Its like beating your head against a wall, why does the previous build work, and the latest one doesn't ??

It's not just me !!!
Download the file from first page. Run it and update
Replace your files except *.ini

open RipBot and run your jobs
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2019, 13:32   #17744  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
Download the file from first page. Run it and update
Replace your files except *.ini

open RipBot and run your jobs
Hi slalom,

I have actually thought of doing that....I have tried that a few months ago, when there was a weird problem.

Thanks for the tip
Old 15th November 2019, 13:35   #17745  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Stop using this free software. I owe you nothing. I'm done with you.
Why am I not surprised by your response...

I know you probably won't reply to this, but there are some things I want to say, like it or not.

You're obviously a pretty intelligent person, I have been trying to figure out for years now, whether you're some young smart-arse, or a grumpy old man (I think the former), I doubt that an older person would post a reply/comment like that....but then what would I know, I'm just a grumpy old man.

All I was trying to do was help you diagnose a major problem with your "free" software, that other people were commenting on, I sent you a video capture (of which you asked someone else to provide) of the strange behaviour, on my setup, and all you could do was rub it in my face, by posting screenshots of it working on your setup, with NO explanation !!!

I also asked several times for an explanation on what you had changed in the auto update that ruined everything, and you simply didn't....you asked me to get specific app's to check things that I have no idea about what I'm doing, or what I'm looking for.

You seem to expect everyone out there to have the same level of expertise as you...well, we don't !!!

I gave you as much info as I could, but you simply didn't want to explain anything, all you did was say, "It just work's".

It has to be something to do with the changes you added for server control.

Are you going to help the others that are starting to comment on the same error's, are you going to ignore them, and tell them, "I'm done with you" ???

You can't stop me from using this software, I know some day, in hopefully the not too distant future, you WILL fix it, I WILL get the update's, and I'll be happy.

I WILL keep perusing this forum, and if I feel the need, I WILL post a comment.

Like I just did....
Old 15th November 2019, 16:53   #17746  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Why am I not surprised by your response...
I've mentioned it before a while back. It isn't that you're asking for help. It is how you're asking for help (in my opinion). This is free software, so you can only expect limited support--if any. Unless the issue you're having is experienced by everyone it is possible to not get support, which has happened to me as well, but often it is something on my end that I eventually figure out.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2019, 17:08   #17747  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinerSchweinlin View Post
Yes, at least the one from this morning which was the last time RB was started on all machines..
Latest I can see is Core 2019.11.08, Scripts 2019.11.13, MKVtoolnix 40.0.0
(would be easier to tell if the point versions changed with each update)

Quote:
i noticed that with the latest update, "gathering information" is once again taking a lonnnnng time. except this time, regardless of choosing Lmash, FFmp2 or GPU makes it any faster. i noticed the update log says the script was updated. just exactly what changed made Gathering Information so much slower now.

i also noticed that it takes forever for the encode to begin now. from the time i click "start", to seeing all the cores loaded, it takes like 2 mins. before it used to be instant.
As far as I understand it, no matter what the default decoder is you're still doing LSmash when adding a job so that if you want to switch decoders later it isn't super slow, which is why if you look in the job folder you'll still see a *.lwi file, also when starting a job it does the compression and such for being able to send the LSmash file (even if it isn't going to be used). So...I believe it is slow for you again because of something to do with LSmash.
--I could be wrong about the above, but that is how I understood it.--
I'm not sure who is switching their decoder all of the time but personally I would prefer if only the selected default decoder is run when adding a job to not waste CPU/electricity/time--adds up over time
Old 15th November 2019, 21:24   #17748  |  Link
slalom

Quote:
Hi slalom,

I have actually thought of doing that....I have tried that a few months ago, when there was a weird problem.

Thanks for the tip
Did you try it?
That solved my problem with LSMash some time ago
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2019, 23:31   #17749  |  Link
Privateer5000

Sry for the late response, but i got a really busy day. @byteshare i also use only Windows Defender, i already had an exception for the Temp Directory but not for the Ripbot Directory. I also excluded the Ripbot folder but it changed nothing. After Going back to Version 1.24 from the first post here DE Mode was working again but as soon as i allow Ripbot updating itself to 1.25 DE Mode is broken again. There is absolutely no TCP communcation between Encoding Server and Client.
Privateer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019, 00:22   #17750  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privateer5000 View Post
Sry for the late response, but i got a really busy day. @byteshare i also use only Windows Defender, i already had an exception for the Temp Directory but not for the Ripbot Directory. I also excluded the Ripbot folder but it changed nothing. After Going back to Version 1.24 from the first post here DE Mode was working again but as soon as i allow Ripbot updating itself to 1.25 DE Mode is broken again. There is absolutely no TCP communcation between Encoding Server and Client.
Hi Privateer5000,

I'm so happy that you've got the same problem I have....I have tried to supply as much info I can to the dev, and he's not responded well, in fact if you go back a couple of posts, you'll see what he said to me.

Because it works for him, he doesn't see a problem.

BTW, posting attachments on this forum isn't a very good idea, takes way too long for them to be approved.

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 16th November 2019 at 00:24.
Pauly Dunne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019, 01:32   #17751  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
Latest I can see is Core 2019.11.08, Scripts 2019.11.13, MKVtoolnix 40.0.0
(would be easier to tell if the point versions changed with each update)
I got an update this morning, only got mkvtoolnix v40, lsmash had an error, and couldn't be downloaded...

No changes to core...

Nice subtle hint there too, btw (doesn't work tho)
Old 16th November 2019, 02:17   #17752  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
Did you try it?
That solved my problem with LSMash some time ago
Yes, I have now tried it, and unfortunately, it didn't worked
Old 16th November 2019, 02:24   #17753  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privateer5000 View Post
Hmm, I'm honestly not sure what has changed since I'm not having an issue, and you have already checked the Windows Defender and Firewall exceptions. And, if I remember correctly, confirmed your port is open.
Also, Pauly Dunne already mentioned better to link to an image from an image hosting site such as Imgur.
So, I'll try to think of something but sorry I'm out of ideas at the moment.
If there was a way to control which version you're on at least then you could roll back to a specific version that worked for you. I keep backups for this reason.
Old 16th November 2019, 04:38   #17754  |  Link
howzz

speaking of version control. is there a way to get to a previous version? i noticed the main page only gives you up to v24, but there's been countless updates since v24. i just need the version prior to Nov 3rd.

Last edited by howzz; 16th November 2019 at 04:41.
howzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019, 05:18   #17755  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
speaking of version control. is there a way to get to a previous version? i noticed the main page only gives you up to v24, but there's been countless updates since v24. i just need the version prior to Nov 3rd.
It would be nice to have that...

Na, you're plum outta luck on that one, 'cause I'm sure you know, if you were to download v1.24 off the 1st page, and then do an update, you'd be right back with the problem build.

So you'll be after core build 22-10-18, the last one that DE works with ?

However, having said that, I might be able to help you with your problem..

PM me...
Old 16th November 2019, 06:57   #17756  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

I may have stumbled across something here...

In my quest to try and figure what might be the problem with DE not working for several of us, I have been swapping & changing different versions of EncodingClient.exe & EncodingServer.exe, using RB build (22-10-19), I know I'm no wiz when it comes to this, but I'm thinking that it might be the Encoding Client that has a problem, as from what I can see, it's looking for the wrong ports.

Have a look at the 2 screenshots, and decipher it for yourself..

using newest server, with older client.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/42ijl...ports.jpg/file

compared to this...what it should look like..

https://www.mediafire.com/view/6bt2a...works.jpg/file

I'd guess that it's not desirable to mix and match, but you've gotta try a few things...trial & error, and I could be completely off the mark, here.
Old 16th November 2019, 08:11   #17757  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
In my quest to try and figure what might be the problem with DE not working for several of us, I have been swapping & changing different versions of EncodingClient.exe & EncodingServer.exe, using RB build (22-10-19), I know I'm no wiz when it comes to this, but I'm thinking that it might be the Encoding Client that has a problem, as from what I can see, it's looking for the wrong ports.

Have a look at the 2 screenshots, and decipher it for yourself..

using newest server, with older client.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/42ijl...ports.jpg/file

compared to this...what it should look like..

https://www.mediafire.com/view/6bt2a...works.jpg/file

I'd guess that it's not desirable to mix and match, but you've gotta try a few things...trial & error, and I could be completely off the mark, here.
Guessing that the old Encoding Server 1.15.2.0 didn't work with the newer Encoding client?
also, what is happening on the "Main" window of the Encoding Server? If you can make a really good step-by-step of the things you've tried and the issues, maybe, someone would be able to figure it out. Not saying I'll figure it out, but you never know...sometimes I'm even right twice in a day (broken clock).

Last edited by byteshare; 16th November 2019 at 08:20.
Old 16th November 2019, 08:44   #17758  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
Guessing that the old Encoding Server 1.15.2.0 didn't work with the newer Encoding client?
also, what is happening on the "Main" window of the Encoding Server? If you can make a really good step-by-step of the things you've tried and the issues, maybe, someone would be able to figure it out. Not saying I'll figure it out, but you never know...sometimes I'm even right twice in a day (broken clock).
Hey byteshare...

yes I know I probably should have written it down step by step, I also would think that mixing up different versions and build stuff probably isn't a good idea, but I was just a bit puzzled about incorrect looking port numbers, etc.

Maybe I'll do it again, and this time I'll document it.

edit:- or maybe I won't, with more comments on a problem, surely it will be addressed soon.

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 16th November 2019 at 09:52.
Pauly Dunne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019, 09:01   #17759  |  Link
Privateer5000

I am not quite sure concerning the Firewall exceptions, will check it later the day. But Windows Defender has exceptions for both, Ripbot and Ripbot Temp Folder. Do i have to add exceptions to my Router Firewall as Well or only in NY machine? I mean at the moment the Client does not reach the Encoding Server running in the same machine. Another thing i realized but i do not know If it ist Important. With Version 1.24 in thhe Overview Window the Encoding Server ist named after my machine's Networkname and with Version 1.25 it ist still named "Server 1". Is it possible that the Main Problem ist that the Client is not able to detect the Encoding Server? And yes, since Yesterday in the evening i cannot create Jobs anymore, Ripbot stops with the Message that a DLL from LSmash is Missing.
Privateer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019, 09:17   #17760  |  Link
MCFish

Just tried in a clean vm, and same happens. Queue in chunk status and no progress

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360