Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th December 2019, 20:38   #11  |  Link
dREV

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranceBB View Post
Not related to the Access Violation, but to the quality instead.
You are bringing everything to 16bit stacked, filtering with f3kdb with 16bit precision, then you are using DitherPost as default to bring everything to 8bit to filter with maa2, lastly you're using DitherPost(mode=6) which is dithering with the Floyd Steinberg error diffusion, then you're converting it again from 8bit dithered to 16bit planar, then you're bringing it to stacked MSB and LSB again, you apply your denoise and then you convert from 16bit stacked to 16bit interleaved and you output it as interleaved.

Why?

Doesn't this make more sense?

Code:
#Here we're telling f3kdb to take your 8bit source, filter it with 16bit precision and output 16bit stacked

#Debanding 16bit stacked

f3kdb(input_depth=8, output_mode=1, output_depth=16)

#Now we're gonna truncate everything to 8bit, 
#apply anti-aliasing with maa2 and then use the original 16bit stacked we received from f3kdb 
#and apply only the changes made by maa2 thus retaining 16bit precision

#antialiasing 8bit, 16bit stacked output
s16 = last
DitherPost (mode=-1)
maa2()
Dither_convert_8_to_16 ()
s16.Dither_limit_dif16 (last, thr=1.0, elast=2.0)

#16bit stacked resize and debanding

ly = GradFun3mod(thr=0.35,yuv444=true, resizer="DebilinearM", lsb_in=true, lsb=true)
lc = nnedi3_resize16(1280*2, 720*2,lsb_in=true,lsb=true,kernel_d="Spline36",kernel_u="Spline36",src_top=0.0,src_left=0.50,nlsb=false)
lu = lc.UtoY()
lv = lc.VtoY()
YtoUV(lu,lv,ly)

#your 16bit stacked degrain filter

Something()

#16bit planar output (your target is x265 which will handle 16bit planar just fine; just remember to add --dither to the command line)

ConvertFromStacked()
Thanks for your critique of my script. It's really helpful and will be looking at it more intently to better my script in the hopes I can speed up my encoding time or get better quality or both. However, sorry seems I took out the s16 code from my script example. Could you let me know if your critique still applies or not? I've indicated it with the color red (and some others) and yes I do use --dither. Link is here.

Also, would like to know why I cannot use Prefetch(2) for 720p or if I even need it or if 1 is good enough. For my DVD's in 480p it runs just fine with Prefetch(2) but if a source requires anti-aliasing using maa2() even at 480p I have no choice but to use Prefetch(1) as I get Access Violation.

I don't get it. With 8 gigs I thought that should be enough. Could it be that AviSynth issue running out of memory?

Last edited by dREV; 9th December 2019 at 20:54. Reason: stuff