Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 15th August 2010, 22:43   #9241  |  Link
setarip_old

@DarWun

Then you have no way of knowing whether the right or wrong tracks would actually be used (Perhaps they are just being "re-ordered" during processing)...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 22:47   #9242  |  Link
jdobbs

@ebjones

That's a strike for failing to follow the instructions of Neuron2. I'll be happy to give more for rules 3, 4 & 8 if you wish to continue this nonsense. Read the rules and comply, or go elsewhere. Frankly it's really getting annoying.

Last edited by jdobbs; 15th August 2010 at 22:54.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 23:33   #9243  |  Link
ebjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
@ebjones

That's a strike for failing to follow the instructions of Neuron2. I'll be happy to give more for rules 3, 4 & 8 if you wish to continue this nonsense. Read the rules and comply, or go elsewhere. Frankly it's really getting annoying.
My bad... I am in error as I did not read the forum rules. I figure they were just the usual "do not use profanity, do not belittle other's ideas/comments", etc... I thought you ran this site. I didn't realize there was a moderator team in place and that Neuron2 was part of such and giving me a directive. I thought he was just one of the software users putting in his "two-cents" worth. I also did not realize that the rules state that moderators will not answer topic discussions via pm. In any event, I have now thoroughly read the rules and will endeavor to comply in the future. Thank you.
ebjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 01:42   #9244  |  Link
DarWun

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@DarWun

Then you have no way of knowing whether the right or wrong tracks would actually be used (Perhaps they are just being "re-ordered" during processing)...
I just tried a batch backup of Natural Born Killers. It has a couple of English Tracks that are separated by several alternative language tracks. All English tracks were retained as I selected in both normal and batch backup modes. So it seems to be an issue with the Date Night bluray.

Weird.
DarWun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 03:22   #9245  |  Link
setarip_old

@DarWun

I wonder if it could have anything to do with the extended version versus the theatrical version?
Old 16th August 2010, 04:38   #9246  |  Link
SquallMX
Special SeeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookahice View Post
Anyways, you are describing an exact same issue that I have seen before with PS3,,, Although this happened to me a while back so I can’t remember exactly what I did or which movie it was... (damn it!!!)
When inserting a movie (25GB encoded, tried both movie-only and full) into the PS3, the screen goes blank/black without the ability to do anything. Another movie did the same thing (blank/black screen) but audio was playing...
You might want to try and press "Select" on your PS3 controller to see what your PS3 is able to decode - this is an example of a movie that goes blank/black screen and plays music:

As you can see the PS3 is unable to even decode or recognize the Video codec used in the movie and therefor not playing the video.
I was having the same problem, the cause was using MKV container as a intermediary format when using newer builds of x264 (any build using the official blu-ray HRD patch), selecting RAW output fixed the issue.
SquallMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 05:01   #9247  |  Link
DarWun

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@DarWun

Actually, I think I do. I played back the tracks to make sure they were what they said they were. After hearing french when I played back the one track, I knew there was a problem.
DarWun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 16:31   #9248  |  Link
videoadvocate

TOS S3D1 Problem

I tried to do a full backup of Star Trek TOS season 3 disk 1 using BDR v3407 and have a really strange result. When I play the recorded disk on my Panasonic BD60, the disk fails when I select an episode from the TOP or POPUP menus. The machine tries to play something, then returns to the same menu. However, strangely enough, when I use a software player (PowerDVD10), everything seems to work fine. Any ideas? The log and ini files are attached. Thanks so much for the assistance and your generosity.

Quote:
Yep. That one was caused by changes I made to support qpfile. The new version will come out when I finish the code for DTS Express -- which is taking much longer than I anticipated (not because it's so incredibly hard -- but because I've been incredibly busy lately).
Attached Files
File Type: txt BD-REBUILDER.LOG.TXT (71.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: txt STAR_TREK_S3D1.INF.TXT (15.3 KB, 29 views)
videoadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 22:30   #9249  |  Link
ebjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquallMX View Post
I was having the same problem, the cause was using MKV container as a intermediary format when using newer builds of x264 (any build using the official blu-ray HRD patch), selecting RAW output fixed the issue.

Excuse my ignorance, but I don't follow. MKV container, RAW output...these things would come into play when ripping from disc to the hard drive?
ebjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 23:39   #9250  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebjones View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but I don't follow. MKV container, RAW output...these things would come into play when ripping from disc to the hard drive?
There is a text file in the BD-RB zip file called HIDDENOPTS, where there will various options, called hidden options, that can be placed in the BD-RB .ini to force certain parameters.
None are necessary, as BD-RB will perform just fine with the default settings. However, for some, be it more experienced users, or just user experience, some options may provide improvements or perceived visual enhancements, or maybe work arounds for certain conditions.

You can also open the CHANGES text file located in the same folder to read about the bug fixes and updates from BD-RB's inception, and what these hidden options stand for.

Last edited by Capsbackup; 16th August 2010 at 23:43.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 00:17   #9251  |  Link
cnote
cnote

Here is an interesting problem I have noticed very recently. I have over done 50 successful " movie only dvd- 9" backups dating back to April 10. During that time I may have experienced 2-3 errors when trying to burn to a DL dvd 9. I have used IMG burn and Memorex DVD+R dl this whole time. But since the last two releases 06 and 07 I run into an error every single time I have tried to burn my backups. It occurs when the disk is between 97-99% completed. I thought it was a bad batch of disks, bought another with the same results. I really want to blame it on my burner but I successfully burn my backups going back to version 05 and prior. Any advice? I thought maybe the output size had increased but it is not listed in the latest changes. Thank you.
cnote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 00:23   #9252  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnote View Post
Here is an interesting problem I have noticed very recently. I have over done 50 successful " movie only dvd- 9" backups dating back to April 10. During that time I may have experienced 2-3 errors when trying to burn to a DL dvd 9. I have used IMG burn and Memorex DVD+R dl this whole time. But since the last two releases 06 and 07 I run into an error every single time I have tried to burn my backups. It occurs when the disk is between 97-99% completed. I thought it was a bad batch of disks, bought another with the same results. I really want to blame it on my burner but I successfully burn my backups going back to version 05 and prior. Any advice? I thought maybe the output size had increased but it is not listed in the latest changes. Thank you.
I really don't see how that could possibly be an issue in BD-RB -- as the error is occuring in the burn? Are the folders being sent as output the correct size? The BD-5/9 defaults did increase, but if your burner is crashing at 97% it would be the media, not the encode. From the history file:
Code:
July 8th, 2010 - v0.34.03
- Increased the default output size for BD-5 and BD-9
  encodes to use more of the available disc space.

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th August 2010 at 01:23.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 00:40   #9253  |  Link
Capsbackup

@cnote;
If the output size is too big for the DVD5/9, you should get a warning stating that before you burn the disc. What is the size of some of these BD-RB backups?
What speed do you try to burn at? What media are you using. How old is your burner? Have you tried to use a DVD Cleaning disc in your burner ?( per setarip_old )
So many questions...
Old 17th August 2010, 01:10   #9254  |  Link
cnote
cnote

Thank you both for your prompt responses. Posting about that issue was my last resort. I always use IMGburn's auto settings. I believe it runs at max speed. I am going look for a new brand of dual layer dvd 9's, and get one of those disc cleaners. My LG blu ray burner is just under 5 months old. I have ruled that out as the issue. I am sorry about bringing up issues that are not solely about BD RB, but I thought I had replicated this enough to identify what might have been wrong. I'm sure I'll get back to using this successfully again! Thanks
Old 17th August 2010, 01:24   #9255  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Thank you both for your prompt responses. Posting about that issue was my last resort. I always use IMGburn's auto settings. I believe it runs at max speed. I am going look for a new brand of dual layer dvd 9's, and get one of those disc cleaners. My LG blu ray burner is just under 5 months old. I have ruled that out as the issue. I am sorry about bringing up issues that are not solely about BD RB, but I thought I had replicated this enough to identify what might have been wrong. I'm sure I'll get back to using this successfully again! Thanks
I don't think I've received any similar reports... I'll keep an eye out.

You mentioned the problem started in April, and your burner is under 5 months old in August... did you replace the burner about the time the problem started?
Old 17th August 2010, 02:37   #9256  |  Link
cnote
cnote

Quote:
I don't think I've received any similar reports... I'll keep an eye out.

You mentioned the problem started in April, and your burner is under 5 months old in August... did you replace the burner about the time the problem started?
Just the opposite..... I started using your program in April. Never once had a single issue until the beginning of August. I believe this I/O error that occurs right at the end of the burn has to be the media. Its just so strange that it would happen after keeping everything so consistent this whole time. Maybe there was a firmware upgrade that doesn't agree with the media I was using.
Old 17th August 2010, 03:11   #9257  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Just the opposite..... I started using your program in April. Never once had a single issue until the beginning of August. I believe this I/O error that occurs right at the end of the burn has to be the media. Its just so strange that it would happen after keeping everything so consistent this whole time. Maybe there was a firmware upgrade that doesn't agree with the media I was using.
It's possible that your discs are sensitive at the edges (BDs/DVDs burn from the inside out) -- that happens a lot. Try lowering the target size a little and see if it helps.

The size now are:

BD5_SIZE = 4469
BD9_SIZE = 8032
BD25_SIZE = 23200

prior to the change they were:

BD5_SIZE = 4369
BD9_SIZE = 7910
BD25_SIZE = 23200
Old 17th August 2010, 03:14   #9258  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Setting a max speed could be worth a test. I only use Verbatim DVD-R, or DVD+R DL media, and I set the max rate to 8X.
Of course when use BD-R/RE, 2X is the max for my burner.
Old 17th August 2010, 03:22   #9259  |  Link
setarip_old

@cnote

Hi!
Quote:
My LG blu ray burner is just under 5 months old. I have ruled that out as the issue.
HOW did you "rule it out"?
Old 17th August 2010, 07:13   #9260  |  Link
8ternity

Quote:
Personnally, i would recommand you to write at a safe speed. Many burners crashed in the max speed. When you burn more fasted, the square binary burned sector on the laser film get more circulized then squares.

I used a lot of good brand media and all the time i burned and know friends burned over last 10 years burned at maximum speed, they have a huge defective reads, crashed, after writing or in burning process.

Personnally, i burn in 4X and having less then 1-2 empty discs on a pack of 25. On BD empty disc, i burn at 2X and get no errors. I lost 1 on 30 burned. When i lost more than 5 disc on 10 empty one, it's the burner the problem. They are cheep made now. I remember use many nec drives before Sony purchase them. I was using a burner for 4 years and they still last. More the price comes down, cheep they are! We live in a cheep market right now.

So, try to burn all your medias to 2X in BD-R, 4X in DVD-R and DL medias.

Last edited by 8ternity; 17th August 2010 at 07:16.
8ternity is offline   Reply With Quote