Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 17th May 2011, 17:03   #12001  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
@steveg32

I picked up SKYLINE (since that's one of the discs you reported as having sync issues). I've loaded your INI into my system and will run it today. I'll report the results.
Well "Skyline" completed -- and it is 100% in-sync, and I encoded it with the exact same settings as you. This seems to be the pattern for this. Other's report sync problems, and when I run the exact same movie it works fine for me. It's really frustrating because there are several people who have reported sync issues on DVD output -- and I can't find a single disc with issues. Are you using the exact versions of FFDSHOW, HAALI, and AVISYNTH that are recommended in the first post of this thread?

I see that you're using Windows XP and I'm using Windows 7 -- but I can't see why that would matter.

What codec do you have selected for AVC in FFDSHOW? I'm using "ffmpeg-mt"... although I don't think it makes a difference either.

Are you using an original commercial disc as the source? What did you use to rip it? I used AnyDVD HD (v6.8.0.0).

What are you using for playback? Is it a standalone player?

How far off is the sync? A half second is a long time -- is it close?

Just a note: The output was undersized by quite a bit -- but that is normal because the resulting bitrate would have been too high if it tried to fill the disc (over 11Mbs, way too high for DVD, it's because the movie isn't very long).

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th May 2011 at 18:29.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 22:00   #12002  |  Link
steveg32

Answers to your questions

@jdobbs

Quote:
Well "Skyline" completed -- and it is 100% in-sync, and I encoded it with the exact same settings as you. This seems to be the pattern for this. Other's report sync problems, and when I run the exact same movie it works fine for me. It's really frustrating because there are several people who have reported sync issues on DVD output -- and I can't find a single disc with issues. Are you using the exact versions of FFDSHOW, HAALI, and AVISYNTH that are recommended in the first post of this thread?

I see that you're using Windows XP and I'm using Windows 7 -- but I can't see why that would matter.

What codec do you have selected for AVC in FFDSHOW? I'm using "ffmpeg-mt"... although I don't think it makes a difference either.

Are you using an original commercial disc as the source? What did you use to rip it? I used AnyDVD HD (v6.8.0.0).

What are you using for playback? Is it a standalone player?

How far off is the sync? A half second is a long time -- is it close?

Just a note: The output was undersized by quite a bit -- but that is normal because the resulting bitrate would have been too high if it tried to fill the disc (over 11Mbs, way too high for DVD, it's because the movie isn't very long).
Yes, I am using the exact versions of FFDSHOW, HAALI, and AVISYNTH that are recommended in the first post of this thread. I always uninstall and default reinstall all 3 with each new version of BD-Rebuilder, then run Inspect.exe to make sure all is OK.

H.264/AVC is enabled (libavcodec) in FFDSHOW (I think this answers your question "What codec do you have selected for AVC in FFDSHOW? I'm using "ffmpeg-mt"...").

I used an original commercial disc as the source. I also used AnyDVD HD (v6.8.0.0) to rip it.

I use CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra version 7.3 for PC playback. My Blu-ray standalone is a Pioneer BDP-121 Blu-ray Disc Player. My DVD standalones are JVC DR-MV79B 1080p HD-Upconverting DVD-VCR Combo Recorder; and a LiteOn LVW-5045 HDD & DVD Recorder.

The sync is at least a half second long (very noticeable). Note: In all three attempts for Jackass 3 (1x @ DVD-5 Theatrical, 1x @ DVD-5 Director's Cut, & 1x @ DVD-9 Director's Cut), the movie starts out of sync then goes completely in sync till the end (at running time ?, Chapter ? - damn I already trashed it & overwrote the DVD - sorry). Skyline was out of sync from start to end. Btw, my Skyline B-r to BD-25 backup had no sync issues so I doubt it was a bad rip.

--------------------

Fyi, I'm not sure if BD-Reb's DVD Output auto overides Target Size in Settings, but if I do not select DVD-5 in Settings>Output Options>Target Size BD-5 (DVD-5), BD-Reb creates a DVD size that ImgBurn says is too big to burn to DVD-5 (it's close but still too large). Found this out when I left Target Size at BD-25. Didn't try DVD-9 so I don't know if results would be same with ImgBurn.

Also fyi, all titles I've listed with these issues have had no sync issues when I convert B-r to DVD using AVS Video Converter 7.0

Mahalo for all you do jdobbs. Go Silverswords!

Last edited by steveg32; 17th May 2011 at 22:40. Reason: add info
steveg32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 01:50   #12003  |  Link
HatchetMan

Quote:
I have updated the first post of this thread with an updated version of BD-RB (v0.38.02).
A flawless full backup of HP5 to BD25, thanks!
HatchetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 02:47   #12004  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveg32 View Post
Fyi, I'm not sure if BD-Reb's DVD Output auto overides Target Size in Settings, but if I do not select DVD-5 in Settings>Output Options>Target Size BD-5 (DVD-5), BD-Reb creates a DVD size that ImgBurn says is too big to burn to DVD-5 (it's close but still too large). Found this out when I left Target Size at BD-25. Didn't try DVD-9 so I don't know if results would be same with ImgBurn.
The sizes selected for BD output are ignored. It's only the size you select from the ALTERNATE output list that matter for DVD output. However, even if you select DVD-9 you will only get a little less than 5GB for output. That's because the movie is only an hour and a half -- and you are maxing the bitrate.

In the INI you posted you have ALTERNATE/DVD selected for DVD-9 sizing. That's why it won't fit on a DVD-5.
Old 18th May 2011, 09:02   #12005  |  Link
steveg32

Quote:
The sizes selected for BD output are ignored. It's only the size you select from the ALTERNATE output list that matter for DVD output. However, even if you select DVD-9 you will only get a little less than 5GB for output. That's because the movie is only an hour and a half -- and you are maxing the bitrate.

In the INI you posted you have ALTERNATE/DVD selected for DVD-9 sizing. That's why it won't fit on a DVD-5.
@jdobbs

Re: The sizes selected for BD output are ignored.

Yes, I realize DVD-9 sizing won't fit on a DVD-5 (I believe I previously mentioned I did not try burning my DVD-9 output with ImgBurn). I only played it back with PowerDVD and saw the same sync issues as my DVD-5 size playbacks.

Nonetheless, I am doing Jackass 3 again set for DVD-5 sizing. I purposely selected Target Size to BD-25 in Output Options to show how BD-Reb creates a DVD-5 size that ImgBurn says is too big to burn to a DVD-5. I will post results & screen shots when complete. Til then Aloha jdobbs.
Old 18th May 2011, 09:13   #12006  |  Link
omegaman7

I hate doing this, but I gotta ask. I usually use virtualdub Mod, for finding exact frames of Dvd/avi files. It apparently doesn't like M2TS files. Unless my version is severely outdated. Probably...
TMT3 can still Blu ray frames, but finding the exact frame every time would be challenging to say the least. Is there a program that I could use to accomplish this? I'm experiencing pixelation(darker scenery), in some of the outputs, and in order to post comparisons of my findings, I'm gonna need to find a program that can do this. I will of course continue my search for one, but I always welcome opinions/suggestions.
omegaman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 12:56   #12007  |  Link
PurpleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
I hate doing this, but I gotta ask. I usually use virtualdub Mod, for finding exact frames of Dvd/avi files. It apparently doesn't like M2TS files. Unless my version is severely outdated. Probably...
TMT3 can still Blu ray frames, but finding the exact frame every time would be challenging to say the least. Is there a program that I could use to accomplish this? I'm experiencing pixelation(darker scenery), in some of the outputs, and in order to post comparisons of my findings, I'm gonna need to find a program that can do this. I will of course continue my search for one, but I always welcome opinions/suggestions.
Just create an avisynth script and load into virtualdub. Install avisynth 2.5 or later, create a text file named "whatever.avs", and type the following lines:

Code:
DirectShowSource("c:\path\filename.mt2s")
converttorgb()
save the file and load the .avs into virtualdub.
PurpleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 13:43   #12008  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
@jdobbs

Re: The sizes selected for BD output are ignored.

Yes, I realize DVD-9 sizing won't fit on a DVD-5 (I believe I previously mentioned I did not try burning my DVD-9 output with ImgBurn). I only played it back with PowerDVD and saw the same sync issues as my DVD-5 size playbacks.

Nonetheless, I am doing Jackass 3 again set for DVD-5 sizing. I purposely selected Target Size to BD-25 in Output Options to show how BD-Reb creates a DVD-5 size that ImgBurn says is too big to burn to a DVD-5. I will post results & screen shots when complete. Til then Aloha jdobbs.
??? So if you understand that sizes selected for BD output are ignored... why are you telling me that you are selecting "Target Size to BD-25 to show..." -- either you don't understand what I'm saying or I don't understand what you're saying.
Old 18th May 2011, 14:26   #12009  |  Link
thegame

Hi jdobbs, sorry up front for posting this question in this thread, but I didn't know where else to post it, and didn't want to start a new thread for such a simple question, first right up front I want to tell you this program is GREAT(I know I have said this before) I have had no issues whatsoever with any version you post(knocks on wood) but last night I did a project and noticed in the settings this,

"use open GOPs for encoding"

I am curious, what is the difference between encoding with open GOPS vs non open GOPs? does it affect quality?

Thanks for your time and GREAT software.
thegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 15:03   #12010  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
Hi jdobbs, sorry up front for posting this question in this thread, but I didn't know where else to post it, and didn't want to start a new thread for such a simple question, first right up front I want to tell you this program is GREAT(I know I have said this before) I have had no issues whatsoever with any version you post(knocks on wood) but last night I did a project and noticed in the settings this,

"use open GOPs for encoding"

I am curious, what is the difference between encoding with open GOPS vs non open GOPs? does it affect quality?

Thanks for your time and GREAT software.
A closed GOP means that all dependencies/references are limited to a specific group of pictures. In BD-RB that would be either 24 frames or 48 frames depending upon bitrate. With open GOP the references can go across groups.

The upside to open GOPs is slightly better compression. The downside is dependencies outside of groups. I'd say that closed GOPs may have a bit of an advantage for broadcasting where there is a higher probability of data being lost -- but probably not so much for BD. So, generally it is probably better to use open GOPs. But don't expect to notice a huge difference in most cases.
Old 18th May 2011, 15:10   #12011  |  Link
thegame

Quote:
A closed GOP means that all dependencies/references are limited to a specific group of pictures. In BD-RB that would be either 24 frames or 48 frames depending upon bitrate. With open GOP the references can go across groups.

The upside to open GOPs is slightly better compression. The downside is dependencies outside of groups. I'd say that closed GOPs may have a bit of an advantage for broadcasting where there is a higher probability of data being lost -- but probably not so much for BD. So, generally it is probably better to use open GOPs. But don't expect to notice a huge difference in most cases.
Thank you for the fast response, and explanation, I was also curious about that because I do a lot of x264 encoding and was having issues with chapter points(actually still am) and someone had mentioned that open GOPs vs non open might be the issue, I have been using the default setting of open and my chapter points don't all line up on my forced I-Frame, so back to BD-RB, so should that be ticked then and not the default un ticked? or just leave it alone?

Thanks again
thegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 15:16   #12012  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
Thank you for the fast response, and explanation, I was also curious about that because I do a lot of x264 encoding and was having issues with chapter points(actually still am) and someone had mentioned that open GOPs vs non open might be the issue, I have been using the default setting of open and my chapter points don't all line up on my forced I-Frame, so back to BD-RB, so should that be ticked then and not the default un ticked? or just leave it alone?

Thanks again
It shouldn't be an issue if chapter points are set within X264 (which BD-RB does). I would think specifying a chapter point would force a closed GOP there. I tick it -- but as I said, don't expect a huge difference.

[Added] Well, that assumption isn't entirely correct. Here are the rules from wth X264 Wiki:
Code:
qpfile
Manual override to standard ratecontrol. Specify a file that gives the quantizer and frametype for 
specifiedframes. The format is 'framenum frametype quantizer'. For example: 

0 I 18 < IDR (key) I-frame
1 P 18 < P-frame
2 B 18 < Referenced B-frame
3 i 18 < Non-IDR (non-key) I-frame
4 b 18 < Non-referenced B-frame
5 K 18 < Keyframe*

You don't need to specify every frame 

Using -1 as the desired quantizer allows x264 to choose the optimal quantizer value, useful when 
only needing toset the frametype . Having a large number of specified frame types and quantizers 
while still letting x264 choose intermittently decreases x264's performance. 'Keyframe' is a generic 
keyframe/seekpoint type that equates to a IDR I-Frame if --open-gop is none, otherwise it 
equates to a Non-IDR I-Frame flagged with the Recovery Point SEI

Last edited by jdobbs; 18th May 2011 at 15:55.
Old 18th May 2011, 18:44   #12013  |  Link
omegaman7

@Purpleman, thanks! I'm very green when it comes to scripting. Which isn't good, considering I want to program one day. Gotta start somewhere I suppose It works perfectly. You have yourself a wonderful day. You just made mine!

See, I'd like to compare the speed settings. It's possible, that setting the speeds higher/faster produces a less than desirable output quality. Of course this is logically true, but I was informed a while back, that the difference should be negligible...

Last edited by omegaman7; 18th May 2011 at 18:50.
Old 18th May 2011, 22:32   #12014  |  Link
steveg32

Quote:
??? So if you understand that sizes selected for BD output are ignored... why are you telling me that you are selecting "Target Size to BD-25 to show..." -- either you don't understand what I'm saying or I don't understand what you're saying.
@jdobbs

My understanding is if BD output is ignored then it should not matter what Target Size is ticked in Settings>Output Options. So, if I tick Alternate Output to be "DVD-5, 720X480/576, AC Audio", my resulting DVD-5 size should be 4686086144 or approximately 4.36 GB, even if BD-25 is ticked in Settings>Output Options? If your answer to this is yes then why, in my described scenario, is my resulting DVD-5 size 4.41 GB (which ImgBurn states is too large to write to a DVD-5)?

Let me start over by asking 1 simple question:

If I select Movie-only Alternate Output to be "DVD-5, 720X480/576, AC Audio", should I also select "Target Size BD-5 (DVD-5)" in Settings>Output Options?

Mahalo for your patience & understanding in this matter.
Old 18th May 2011, 22:35   #12015  |  Link
omegaman7

Well, I'm afraid that won't work. I copied frame 42702 from Chronicles of narnia VOTDT, and the aspect ratio is wrong, and the numbered frames are erratic. What I mean by that is, If I grab 42702 at one moment, close the program and load it again, it'll be a different frame next time. So much for that. THanks anyway

I'm an idiot. The aspect ratio is fine. I wasn't acknowledging my PC's Native 1920 x 1200 resolution. THe bars on top and bottom are normal on my screen. I suppose It's normal for most screens though. Even 16:9 screens. I wish they'd just pick a ratio... It's not right when a 16:9 tv has bars on top and bottom. In my opinion anyway. The frame numbers seem to vary though.

Last edited by omegaman7; 18th May 2011 at 23:18.
Old 19th May 2011, 00:08   #12016  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
@jdobbs

My understanding is if BD output is ignored then it should not matter what Target Size is ticked in Settings>Output Options. So, if I tick Alternate Output to be "DVD-5, 720X480/576, AC Audio", my resulting DVD-5 size should be 4686086144 or approximately 4.36 GB, even if BD-25 is ticked in Settings>Output Options? If your answer to this is yes then why, in my described scenario, is my resulting DVD-5 size 4.41 GB (which ImgBurn states is too large to write to a DVD-5)?

Let me start over by asking 1 simple question:

If I select Movie-only Alternate Output to be "DVD-5, 720X480/576, AC Audio", should I also select "Target Size BD-5 (DVD-5)" in Settings>Output Options?

Mahalo for your patience & understanding in this matter.
If you select "DVD-5, 720X480/576, AC Audio" -- it really doesn't matter what you select under Settings/Output Options. That setting is for normal processing -- ALTERNATE output is processed differently. In fact it is an entirely different set of routines.

The only exception to that rule is a check BD-RB does that warns when output won't fit -- I've been meaning to disable that for ALTERNATE output, but I keep forgetting.

Output from "DVD-5, 720X480/576, AC Audio" is targeted at between 4.20 - 4.30GB (I purposely avoid outer edges due to a tendency for a lot of discs to be weak there). I've never seen one oversize. I can say, though, that the ouput from the settings you posted (that I used for testing) were about 4.50GB -- but that was because "DVD-9, 720X480/576, AC Audio" was selected and the movie was too short to allow that high a bitrate.
Old 19th May 2011, 04:18   #12017  |  Link
steveg32

Quote:
If you select "DVD-5, 720X480/576, AC Audio" -- it really doesn't matter what you select under Settings/Output Options. That setting is for normal processing -- ALTERNATE output is processed differently. In fact it is an entirely different set of routines.

The only exception to that rule is a check BD-RB does that warns when output won't fit -- I've been meaning to disable that for ALTERNATE output, but I keep forgetting.

Output from "DVD-5, 720X480/576, AC Audio" is targeted at between 4.20 - 4.30GB (I purposely avoid outer edges due to a tendency for a lot of discs to be weak there). I've never seen one oversize. I can say, though, that the ouput from the settings you posted (that I used for testing) were about 4.50GB -- but that was because "DVD-9, 720X480/576, AC Audio" was selected and the movie was too short to allow that high a bitrate.
@jdobbs

Storage Media "safe size" limits:

74 min Cd-Rom (650mb) = 681574400
80 (703mb) = 737148928
120 Dvd-R (4464mb)= 4680843264

..std dvdrom media stating "4.7 gig" is misleading as the lead in and lead out space required gobbles some of this
..so the 'common consensus' out there is make max write space limit the 4464 megabytes for Std Dvd Media.

-----------------------------------

"BD-Reb" default target size for "DVD-5 MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT" mode is 4686086144.

Q: 4686086144 bytes = ? megabytes
A: 4469 megabytes (4.3642578125 gigabytes)

-----------------------------------

If you change the default DVD-5 Target Size to 4680843264 (4464 MB), voila, no more oversize burning issues with ImgBurn or any other DVD burning software. Especially when burning to DVD+RW discs.

Please see my next post and screen shots. Mahalo for all you do jdobbs.

Last edited by steveg32; 19th May 2011 at 12:04. Reason: Edit info
Old 19th May 2011, 06:25   #12018  |  Link
omegaman7

A dvd-r can handle closer to 4481Mb. Taiyo Yuden anyway. I trust them on the outer edge. THat really is pushing it though. I agree with Jdobbs on this one. I've experimented quite a bit on this. Dvd +R's hold even less. 4470 - 4472 I believe. The difference in video quality really is negligible when talking 30Mb...

I'll be re-encoding Chronicles of narnia at the slowest setting, to see if the difference is apparent. If it is, I'll no longer be using the faster/fastest settings. Pinpointing the exact frame is apparently gonna be slightly challenging
Old 19th May 2011, 11:53   #12019  |  Link
steveg32

Quote:
@jdobbs

Here's the DVD-5, 720X480/576, AC3 Audio redo I did for Jackass 3:

Note: Sync issues start at beginning of movie and occurs until approx running time 00:30:15. Then I noticed a glitch at approx 00:30:16 (in Chapter 16 of 49). Following the glitch the sync issues end and the rest of the movie is in complete sync from 00:30:20 through the end of the movie (01:39:38).

Here's the INI:

Code:
[Options]
VERSION=0.38.0.2
MODE=1
ENCODE_QUALITY=0
ONEPASS_ENCODING=2
AUTO_QUALITY=1
MINIMIZE_TO_TRAY=1
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;
SD_CONVERT=0
OPEN_GOP=0
RESIZE_1080=0
DEINTERLACE=1
SD_TO_1080=0
CONVERT_WIDE=0
DTS_REENCODE=0
AC3_REENCODE=0
AC3_640=1
AC3_192=0
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1
AVCHD=0
REMOVE_WORKFILES=1
MOVIE_ONLY_LOOP=1
REMOVE_OUTPUT=0
USE_FILTERS=0
BDMV_CERT_ONLY=0
USE_LAVF=0
IVTC_PULLDOWN=1
ASSUME_DVD_PAL=0
AUTO_BLANK=0
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=1
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=23500
MOVIEONLY_TYPE=1
ALTCRF=20
ALT_TARGET=1000
ALTMETHOD=0
TARGET_SIZE=23500
ENCODER=0
[Paths]
WORKING_PATH=H:\BD-REBUILDER\DVD-5, 720X480_576, AC3 AUDIO\
SOURCE_PATH=H:\ANYDVD HD BLU-RAY RIPS\JACKASS_3\
-----------------------

Here's the INF:

Code:
[Status]
LABEL=JACKASS_3
VERSION=v0.38.02 (beta)
SOURCE_SIZE=24442490880
SOURCE_VIDEO_SIZE=24442490880
TARGET_SIZE=24641536000
REDUCTION=1.00814340571823
RESIZE_1080=0
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=-1
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;
BACKUP_MODE=1
MOVIEONLY_TYPE=1
USE_LAVF=0
QUICK=0
ENCODE_STEP=0
COMPLETED=15
REBUILD_COMPLETE=1
[00246]
AUDIO=0001
PGS=10000
M2TS_TARGET=7495213615
NSIZE=0
FLINK=-1
MLINK=0
[00261]
M2TS_TARGET=922316302
AUDIO=0001
NSIZE=0
FLINK=-1
MLINK=0
[00248]
M2TS_TARGET=4243482514
AUDIO=0001
NSIZE=0
FLINK=-1
MLINK=0
[00262]
M2TS_TARGET=354651752
AUDIO=0001
NSIZE=0
FLINK=-1
MLINK=0
[00250]
M2TS_TARGET=2078321085
AUDIO=0001
NSIZE=0
FLINK=-1
MLINK=0
[00263]
M2TS_TARGET=362078398
AUDIO=0001
NSIZE=0
FLINK=-1
MLINK=0
[00252]
M2TS_TARGET=662241241
AUDIO=0001
NSIZE=0
FLINK=-1
MLINK=0
[00264]
M2TS_TARGET=241418634
AUDIO=0001
NSIZE=0
FLINK=-1
MLINK=0
[00254]
M2TS_TARGET=585137917
AUDIO=0001
NSIZE=0
FLINK=-1
MLINK=0
[00265]
M2TS_TARGET=171946358
AUDIO=0001
NSIZE=0
FLINK=-1
MLINK=0
[00256]
M2TS_TARGET=598046282
AUDIO=0001
NSIZE=0
FLINK=-1
MLINK=0
[00266]
M2TS_TARGET=505265861
AUDIO=0001
NSIZE=0
FLINK=-1
MLINK=0
[00258]
M2TS_TARGET=4121063644
AUDIO=0001
NSIZE=0
FLINK=-1
MLINK=0
[00267]
M2TS_TARGET=182996513
AUDIO=0001
NSIZE=0
FLINK=-1
MLINK=0
[00260]
M2TS_TARGET=2117355882
AUDIO=0001
NSIZE=0
FLINK=0
MLINK=0
------------------------------

Here's the LOG:

Code:
[20:37:57] BD Rebuilder v0.38.02 (beta)
  - Source:  JACKASS_3
  - Input BD size: 22.76 GB
  - Approximate total content: [01:39:44.561]
  - Windows Version: 5.1 [2600]
  - MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
  - Mode: DVD-5, 720x480/576, AC3 Audio
  - Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[20:37:57] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [20:37:57] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00246]
 - [20:59:01] Reencoding: VID_00246 (1 of 15)
 - [20:59:01] Collecting video information
   - Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 43,582 frames
   - Bitrate: 5,594 Kbs
 - [20:59:01] Reencoding: VID_00246
 - [22:16:53] Video Encode complete
 - [22:16:53] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
 - [22:22:32] Multiplexing M2TS
 - [22:22:33] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00261]
 - [22:23:33] Reencoding: VID_00261 (2 of 15)
 - [22:23:33] Collecting video information
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 5,511 frames
   - Bitrate: 5,432 Kbs
 - [22:23:33] Reencoding: VID_00261
 - [22:33:44] Video Encode complete
 - [22:33:44] Multiplexing M2TS
 - [22:33:44] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00248]
 - [22:38:01] Reencoding: VID_00248 (3 of 15)
 - [22:38:01] Collecting video information
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 24,621 frames
   - Bitrate: 5,607 Kbs
 - [22:38:01] Reencoding: VID_00248
 - [23:23:20] Video Encode complete
 - [23:23:20] Multiplexing M2TS
 - [23:23:20] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00262]
 - [23:23:44] Reencoding: VID_00262 (4 of 15)
 - [23:23:44] Collecting video information
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 2,105 frames
   - Bitrate: 5,471 Kbs
 - [23:23:44] Reencoding: VID_00262
 - [23:27:38] Video Encode complete
 - [23:27:38] Multiplexing M2TS
 - [23:27:38] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00250]
 - [23:29:44] Reencoding: VID_00250 (5 of 15)
 - [23:29:44] Collecting video information
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 12,167 frames
   - Bitrate: 5,553 Kbs
 - [23:29:44] Reencoding: VID_00250
 - [23:53:34] Video Encode complete
 - [23:53:34] Multiplexing M2TS
 - [23:53:34] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00263]
 - [23:53:57] Reencoding: VID_00263 (6 of 15)
 - [23:53:57] Collecting video information
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 2,131 frames
   - Bitrate: 5,522 Kbs
 - [23:53:57] Reencoding: VID_00263
 - [23:57:50] Video Encode complete
 - [23:57:50] Multiplexing M2TS
 - [23:57:50] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00252]
 - [23:58:29] Reencoding: VID_00252 (7 of 15)
 - [23:58:29] Collecting video information
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 3,873 frames
   - Bitrate: 5,559 Kbs
 - [23:58:29] Reencoding: VID_00252
 - [00:05:47] Video Encode complete
 - [00:05:47] Multiplexing M2TS
 - [00:05:47] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00264]
 - [00:06:02] Reencoding: VID_00264 (8 of 15)
 - [00:06:02] Collecting video information
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 1,424 frames
   - Bitrate: 5,508 Kbs
 - [00:06:02] Reencoding: VID_00264
 - [00:08:30] Video Encode complete
 - [00:08:30] Multiplexing M2TS
 - [00:08:30] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00254]
 - [00:09:06] Reencoding: VID_00254 (9 of 15)
 - [00:09:06] Collecting video information
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 3,390 frames
   - Bitrate: 5,616 Kbs
 - [00:09:06] Reencoding: VID_00254
 - [00:15:26] Video Encode complete
 - [00:15:26] Multiplexing M2TS
 - [00:15:26] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00265]
 - [00:15:38] Reencoding: VID_00265 (10 of 15)
 - [00:15:38] Collecting video information
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 1,009 frames
   - Bitrate: 5,539 Kbs
 - [00:15:38] Reencoding: VID_00265
 - [00:17:31] Video Encode complete
 - [00:17:31] Multiplexing M2TS
 - [00:17:31] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00256]
 - [00:18:07] Reencoding: VID_00256 (11 of 15)
 - [00:18:07] Collecting video information
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 3,498 frames
   - Bitrate: 5,559 Kbs
 - [00:18:07] Reencoding: VID_00256
 - [00:24:32] Video Encode complete
 - [00:24:32] Multiplexing M2TS
 - [00:24:32] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00266]
 - [00:25:03] Reencoding: VID_00266 (12 of 15)
 - [00:25:03] Collecting video information
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 2,980 frames
   - Bitrate: 5,509 Kbs
 - [00:25:03] Reencoding: VID_00266
 - [00:30:08] Video Encode complete
 - [00:30:08] Multiplexing M2TS
 - [00:30:08] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00258]
 - [00:34:50] Reencoding: VID_00258 (13 of 15)
 - [00:34:50] Collecting video information
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 23,914 frames
   - Bitrate: 5,606 Kbs
 - [00:34:50] Reencoding: VID_00258
 - [01:18:28] Video Encode complete
 - [01:18:28] Multiplexing M2TS
 - [01:18:28] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00267]
 - [01:18:39] Reencoding: VID_00267 (14 of 15)
 - [01:18:39] Collecting video information
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 1,050 frames
   - Bitrate: 5,675 Kbs
 - [01:18:39] Reencoding: VID_00267
 - [01:20:26] Video Encode complete
 - [01:20:26] Multiplexing M2TS
 - [01:20:26] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00260]
 - [01:22:37] Reencoding: VID_00260 (15 of 15)
 - [01:22:37] Collecting video information
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 12,231 frames
   - Bitrate: 5,634 Kbs
 - [01:22:37] Reencoding: VID_00260
 - [01:43:35] Video Encode complete
 - [01:43:35] Multiplexing M2TS
[01:43:35]PHASE ONE complete
[01:43:35]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
 - [01:43:35] Rebuilding stream 00246 [1 of 15]
 - [01:43:35] Rebuilding stream 00261 [2 of 15]
 - [01:43:35] Rebuilding stream 00248 [3 of 15]
 - [01:43:35] Rebuilding stream 00262 [4 of 15]
 - [01:43:35] Rebuilding stream 00250 [5 of 15]
 - [01:43:35] Rebuilding stream 00263 [6 of 15]
 - [01:43:35] Rebuilding stream 00252 [7 of 15]
 - [01:43:35] Rebuilding stream 00264 [8 of 15]
 - [01:43:35] Rebuilding stream 00254 [9 of 15]
 - [01:43:35] Rebuilding stream 00265 [10 of 15]
 - [01:43:35] Rebuilding stream 00256 [11 of 15]
 - [01:43:35] Rebuilding stream 00266 [12 of 15]
 - [01:43:35] Rebuilding stream 00258 [13 of 15]
 - [01:43:35] Rebuilding stream 00267 [14 of 15]
 - [01:43:35] Rebuilding stream 00260 [15 of 15]
 - [01:43:35] Building ALTERNATE OUTPUT Structure
 - [01:47:59] Converting 1 subtitles to DVD format.
 - [01:48:39] Starting MPLEX.
 - [01:55:40] Multiplexing 1 subtitles into stream.
 - [02:01:16] Building DVD File Structure.
[02:08:11] - Encode and Rebuild complete
 - WORKFILES folder removed.
[02:08:11]JOB: JACKASS_3 finished.
----------------------------

Mahalo for all you do jdobbs.

Here's the screen shots (in particular see # 11):
Attached Images

Last edited by jdobbs; 19th May 2011 at 13:16.
Old 19th May 2011, 13:31   #12020  |  Link
jdobbs

@steveg32

Something is causing an oversize and sync issues in your case -- I'll pick up "Jackass 3" and see what I can find.

[Edit] When I read back my original comment I sounded like an arrogant prick. It doesn't really bother me to be one -- but I don't lke to sound like it. So I've edited it.

Last edited by jdobbs; 19th May 2011 at 20:00.