Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 3rd July 2010, 19:32   #6021  |  Link
b66pak

OT: did you notice the new cinavia audio watermarking protection?
_
Old 3rd July 2010, 20:34   #6022  |  Link
icyred64

mkv to Ps3 BURN INSTRUCTIONS

If the Mkv is 1920X1080 then just use tsmuxer to make it into a blu-ray format and then imgburn the bdmv/certificate folders on disc

If the Mkv is 1920Xsomething else ex: 1920X816 then you need too uncrop the movie to 1920X1080 (meaning you HAVE too add the black bars in cause the ps3 cant make black bars which is why the movie plays ontop and big green bar gets added.)
I use Multiavchd to Transcode it leaving the size of movie 1920X816 but uncroping it to 1920X1080. Takes a few hours cause basicly its reencoding it with black bars in it. and BURN. now im being told that the new haali splitter update screws that up. im testing that now cause now the movie on my ps3 that i just uncropped is 1/2 the size and looks funny. Or the new multiavchd already sets the 1920X1080 and when you ucrop it does it twice now lol...
icyred64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 01:04   #6023  |  Link
setarip_old

@b66pak

Hi!
Quote:
OT: did you notice the new cinavia audio watermarking protection?
Do you know, for a fact, that this claimed new protection has been applied to any commercial disc releases, BluRay or standard DVD?

If so, which releases has it been incorporated into?

Or is this just an upated version of the vaporware referred to a couple of years ago at:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...06#post1021206

Last edited by setarip_old; 4th July 2010 at 01:11.
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 09:11   #6024  |  Link
setarip_old

@deank

Would you consider adding MKV output capability to "multiAVCHD"? (Please don't tell me you've already done so and I've completely overlooked it)
Old 6th July 2010, 10:39   #6025  |  Link
crl2007

The CINAVIA protection can be bypassed by fast forwarding at 1.5x speed for 20 seconds at the beginning and then return to normal. "The Losers" has it. This protection only affects standalone players.
crl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 15:43   #6026  |  Link
Capsbackup

@deank;
as setarip_old has suggested:
Quote:
Would you consider adding MKV output capability to "multiAVCHD"? (Please don't tell me you've already done so and I've completely overlooked it)
is it possible to have multiAVCHD just encode to elementary stream .x264 as well?
Also, I have tested several .ts clips that I have recorded off my HD DVR, which my input video to multiAVCHD is an .avs script with tdecimate() to bring back a frame rate of 23.976 and maintain 1080P.
I always remove the audio from multiAVCHD's transcode option, but it still try's to reencode the audio, thus leaving the program hanging for a very long time (at the conclusion of transcode ). My preference is to just use the original audio file that I want to remux to the .x264 transcode from multiAVCHD but not within multiAVCHD.
I realize this is not the intention of your program, and I am unable to use uncropMKV with .avs scripts, so I have been using MeGui. However, I am interested in your thoughts to use multiAVCHD as just the reencode program as I have just mentioned.

Last edited by Capsbackup; 6th July 2010 at 15:45.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 16:25   #6027  |  Link
setarip_old

@crl2007

Hi!

1) Is this protection on the BluRay version, the DVD version, or both?

2) Does the "fix" you've stated allow for REMOVAL or CIRCUMVENTION of the protection and creation of a clean backup?

(I guess those of us in the U.S. will have to wait until the 7/20/10 release date to see for ourselves)
Old 6th July 2010, 17:22   #6028  |  Link
crl2007

1. This protection only affects ( for the time being ) Blu-Ray players ( standalones, that have in them the CINAVIA detection kit ) and PS3.

2. It only circumvents the activation of the protection on standalone players. If you have a backup and play from your HDD, then you'll have no problem.

More info on the protection here.

The Blu-Ray + DVD release is not available in my country either. I found out by googling CINAVIA. It seems that even for DVDSCR is active. It was designed especially for fighting off piracy and The Losers is the first one to have this protection. And if DVDSCR movies ( DVDs created for previews ) found on illegal download sites have them, then I think we should expect DVD players to have this hardware protection in the not so distant future.

Last edited by crl2007; 6th July 2010 at 17:32.
Old 6th July 2010, 17:56   #6029  |  Link
setarip_old

@crl2007

I see nothing at that link referring to "The Losers" - only "peer-to-peer that contain Cinavia DRM: TS/CAM versions of The Wolfman and Shutter Island". (Pirated stuff to which I personally say good riddance)

I also see nothing at that link referring to the "fast forward fix" you described.

Regardless, it will be interesting to see if the protection is real this time around, as opposed to the similar vaporware of 2008 - and what, if any, impact it might have on programs such as BD-Rebuilder...

Last edited by setarip_old; 6th July 2010 at 17:58.
Old 6th July 2010, 21:06   #6030  |  Link
crl2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by quote
TS/CAM versions of The Wolfman and Shutter Island, and some other sources including DVDSCR (The Losers, both by Imagine and Flawl3ss)
I don't watch anything less than Blu-Ray and DVDSCR popped out because it is related to DVDs.

And here is where I read about the 1.5x ff.

Since the first Q in 2010 all Blu-Ray players have this detection kit built-in. I'm sure that programs such AnyDVD HD will be able to remove this watermark in the future, or at least circumvent it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@crl2007

I see nothing at that link referring to "The Losers" - only "peer-to-peer that contain Cinavia DRM: TS/CAM versions of The Wolfman and Shutter Island". (Pirated stuff to which I personally say good riddance)
That's the whole idea, to combat piracy, but they make us, legitimate users, suffer in the process. Just like Ubisoft ( gaming industry ) with their permanently online connection to play single player games. When there is no internet connection available you don't get to play. This Cinavia DRM is too intrusive, not allowing buyers to back-up their discs as they like. We buy them but we can't use them as we like, we have to use them as they like.

l.e. On a peer-to-peer forum discussion I read that The Losers Blu-Ray mkv rip has the same watermark, so the Blu-Ray will most likely have it.

Last edited by crl2007; 6th July 2010 at 21:30.
Old 6th July 2010, 23:01   #6031  |  Link
setarip_old

Considering the caliber of the source(s) for your statements, as well as the age of the primary link you've quoted (March 2010 - with, apparently, no subsequent reports) and the lack of evidence that anything other than POSSIBLY pirated "Cams" ("poisoned" by capturing theater audio, if they exist) may have been affected, I believe this may be just another round of evanescent protection by the same company that was ballyhooing this in 2008.

Perhaps when the legitimate version of "The Losers" is available, we'll find out if it contains this protection and whether anyone will actually discover that they own a standalone (or possibly a PS3) that is definitely affected by this supposed product...
Old 7th July 2010, 06:38   #6032  |  Link
crl2007

Yes, we'll have to wait until July 20 and see for ourselves if our backups play well on PS3 and standalones that have these kits.

This file
Code:
The.Losers.2010.BluRay.720p.DTS.x264-CHD
was reported on some peer-to-peer forums to have cinavia. It was reported by owners of PS3. In China and chinese peer-to-peer illegal sites, this Blu-Ray has already fallen into their hands and they uploaded that mkv file.
Old 7th July 2010, 08:25   #6033  |  Link
Limobar
aka Rabomil

@deank

I would like to see the option 'fit all' have the extra option to skip titles you don't want to be part of the 'fit all' process, but maintain part of the project. In most cases this will be the main movie. I guess that this option could be selected in the title properties screen.

I also suggest that menus only get a lower bitrate and that bonus material could get a lower bitrate, but also get a lower resolution. This means that the menus only can be compressed to limited degree, but that bonus material can be compressed to about 1000 kbit/sec with resolutions like 720x400. An hour of bonus material will only take 550 MB of space then.

This is what I'm doing manually, but I think this can be done more efficiently and automatically

Last edited by Limobar; 7th July 2010 at 09:14. Reason: typo
Limobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 09:18   #6034  |  Link
rendez2k

Does anyone know if MAVCHD increases the video brigntness when it encodes MKVs? I've tested playing the same MKV as directly as I can through the PS3 (using MKVtoVOB and also PS3 media server to do a direct stream). Both of those methods are really dark and I need to increase TV brightness. The video from an AVCHD DVD made with MAVCHD is much brighter in the dark scenes to the point that blocking is showing up. Any ideas?
rendez2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 11:53   #6035  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

No, multiAVCHD doesn't alter the brightness.

File/streaming playback uses different settings than Blu-ray/AVCHD and there is difference. You can check your PS3 settings about FULL/LIMITED color range (in Display settings).
Old 7th July 2010, 12:04   #6036  |  Link
rendez2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
No, multiAVCHD doesn't alter the brightness.

File/streaming playback uses different settings than Blu-ray/AVCHD and there is difference. You can check your PS3 settings about FULL/LIMITED color range (in Display settings).
Thanks. I didn't know they used different settings. I think mine is set to full but reading around it looks like it might need to be limited. Would that be the only setting to affect brightness?
Old 7th July 2010, 12:06   #6037  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I used to use LIMITED all the time... Last week I switched to FULL, but yesterday set it back to limited. "AVCHD"/"Blu-ray" seems unaffected by the setting (or look better with FULL), but streamed/file-playback gets too dark and I prefer to use LIMITED.
Old 7th July 2010, 12:16   #6038  |  Link
rendez2k

That appears to be the exact issue. Streamed/local playback is really dark - in dark scenes you can't see anything. I'll give it a test tonight.

I'm not sure my TV/PS3 is calibrated right anyway. On an MKV I converted with MAVCHD last night, dark areas had lots of blocking. You can just about see some of it on the original MKV before conversion on my PC, but after conversion and on a slightly brighter TV you can see lots. I always seem to have issues with colour-banding on graduated objects too (such as skys in say a cartoon).
Old 7th July 2010, 18:29   #6039  |  Link
f362580

deank, can we have more types of 3D => anaglyph conversion?
I have cyan-red glasses (not red-cyan) personally.

Last edited by f362580; 7th July 2010 at 18:47.
f362580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 19:56   #6040  |  Link
Avisynth_challenged

Updating from 3.x to 4.x

I downloaded the setup file for the latest version of multiavchd.

Question: Can the install package for multiavchd 4.x be run so that it installs version 4.x over a previous 3.x installation? I'm running WinXP Pro 32-bit SP3.

Thanks in advance
Avisynth_challenged is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author