Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 15th February 2010, 15:46   #6901  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by avacr-tech
Using everything from the first page, I am only going to BD25
Are you positive? What version of AVISYNTH? What you are describing is exactly something that has been reported before when using AVISYNTH v2.58 instead of v2.57.

Last edited by jdobbs; 15th February 2010 at 15:49.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 16:04   #6902  |  Link
DK

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul124 View Post
... yesterday I tried for the first time a full backup to BD-9 everything was fully completed and burned to the disc (verbatim +9) but when I inserted the disc in my Panasonic DMP-BD30 blu ray the player said format was not support it or incompatible
i have made a similar experience the other day:

before i have made MOVIE only backups for BD9 and they all worked fine on a Samsung 1600 but now the first FULL movie backup did not play.

I tried burning the rebuilder output with different subfolders/structures but to no avail - none of them did play.

then, however, i used deank's wonderful multiAVCHD, imported the rebuilder output, did NOT use the "strict avchd" setting but let multiavchd output as avchd compliant material.

i was more than pleased and surprised to find that the rewritten material now burned to dvd-dl in the same way as i tried with the original rb output before DID play just fine.

maybe you might want to give multiAVCHD a try as well!?
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 16:50   #6903  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK View Post
i have made a similar experience the other day:

before i have made MOVIE only backups for BD9 and they all worked fine on a Samsung 1600 but now the first FULL movie backup did not play.

I tried burning the rebuilder output with different subfolders/structures but to no avail - none of them did play.

then, however, i used deank's wonderful multiAVCHD, imported the rebuilder output, did NOT use the "strict avchd" setting but let multiavchd output as avchd compliant material.

i was more than pleased and surprised to find that the rewritten material now burned to dvd-dl in the same way as i tried with the original rb output before DID play just fine.

maybe you might want to give multiAVCHD a try as well!?
???? multiAVCHD doesn't do full backups... it is a great piece of software -- and can author menus etc from scratch, especially from movie-only output -- but I've never heard of it doing a full backup.
Old 15th February 2010, 17:03   #6904  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Well... it has this 're-author' mode (which keeps the original disc menu and all and is something different than the normal author mode with the menu-generation thing) feature which DK probably used... It allows the user to do some tweaks like adding/removing/replacing/blanking subtitles/audio/playlists or complete transcoding of movie/feature (except for branched discs and pip features)...

And it allows to import full-bd and 'convert' it to AVCHD compliant format (structure-like / ExtData) with or without transcoding/shrinking... Probably it is what made his player accept the disc. Panasonic BDPs (and Samsungs as it seems) are such a pain!

Last edited by deank; 15th February 2010 at 17:41.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 17:08   #6905  |  Link
DK

that is exactly what i did, deank and i must say thank you again to all you people creating and providing great pieces of software like bd rb, x264 or multiavchd!

if anyone of you might tell me where to look for differences between the two output structures i would be glad to post them here if it may be of any help.
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 17:17   #6906  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

The difference is in all .clpi, .mpls files and index.bdmv. Still BD-Rebuilder's goal is to output blu-ray format for full-backups... Since some players won't like Blu-ray on DVD multiAVCHD can come in hand sometimes.
Old 15th February 2010, 18:33   #6907  |  Link
Capsbackup

I have tested MultiAVCHD in Re-author mode on a few BD-RB full backups to BD-25, removing the warnings and some unwanted clips before burning to BD-RE, and will admit it does work well, a positive experience, after a few that did not work, and broke the BD structure. I have not tried full movie backups to AVCHD/DVD media though.
However, there is this concern, which I'm quite sure jdobbs would agree with, that people will use MultiAVCHD before or after BD-RB, which could very likely introduce problems reported here as bugs, where people fail to mention about this "pre/post processing" with MultiAVCHD, causing a whole new "chasing down" bug reports!
IMHO, I am all for new methods and welcome them, but I do not believe that their testing and results of successes and failures should be discussed in this "Bug Reports" thread.
If someone so desires, start a new thread, but I don't think it's appropriate here, nor should jdobbs have to address these reports in his " Bug Reports" thread.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 19:28   #6908  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I agree with you and in my post dated Jan 8th in multiAVCHD's thread I underlined:

Quote:
multiAVCHD's re-author feature is in no way replacement of or can be compared to BD-Rebuilder's features and reliability, and is also not added with an idea for competition. It should be possible to use multiAVCHD re-authored output with BD-Rebuilder, but if you do and have problems state that you used a re-authored copy, but not the original (which would usually mean a problem within multiAVCHD, but not BD-Rebuilder).
Old 16th February 2010, 03:02   #6909  |  Link
Jake802

I just did a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate 64-bit and now I cant get BD to work? I keep getting the configuration msg followed by a runtime error. Any ideas?
Jake802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 03:14   #6910  |  Link
Capsbackup

Check this out, scroll to the bottom: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=151633
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 07:53   #6911  |  Link
Validator70

@jdobbs:
Tried a batch of 4 movies last night.
All 4 don't have audio, only Video and subtitles.
Validator70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 16:25   #6912  |  Link
pkho

I have had great success with BD Rebuilder in the past but just tried it today and the program won't even start. It gave me the error message "Run-time error '52' : Bad file name or number" straight away. Actually it gave me the same error on every builds I tried including the latest. Any idea what is wrong?
pkho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 17:20   #6913  |  Link
mask0rz

I have been using this program for some time now and iam very content with it. Only i had some issues on different machines with the installation of the program. This happens on both Windows XP and Windows 7 (32/64 bit).

Everytime i install everything Manual (FDDSHOW/Avisynth/Media splitter) i keep having issues with encoding a few BD movies to bd25. Its not with every movie but with a few. Usually the error is something like this:

- [17:57:05] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 1 of 2
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
- FFDSHOW Revision: (3207)
[17:57:09] - Failed video encode, aborted

I always check the MPEG setting and VC1 setting as described in de installation manual. So that is also not the problem.

After some tryouts i eventually fixed the problem by installing AVCHDCoder following the installation manual completely in that program and then set the VC1 and MPEG in FDDSHOW correctly afterwards. Suddenly the movie did encode succesfully.

The funny part is when i install every program without AVCHDCoder exactly according to the installation manual of AVCHDCoder it still does not work. I really need to install AVCHDCoder and then install all the programs and then change the settings back, then it works.

I still had this issue with the latest built.
mask0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 18:43   #6914  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mask0rz View Post
I have been using this program for some time now and iam very content with it. Only i had some issues on different machines with the installation of the program. This happens on both Windows XP and Windows 7 (32/64 bit).

Everytime i install everything Manual (FDDSHOW/Avisynth/Media splitter) i keep having issues with encoding a few BD movies to bd25. Its not with every movie but with a few. Usually the error is something like this:

- [17:57:05] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 1 of 2
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
- FFDSHOW Revision: (3207)
[17:57:09] - Failed video encode, aborted

I always check the MPEG setting and VC1 setting as described in de installation manual. So that is also not the problem.

After some tryouts i eventually fixed the problem by installing AVCHDCoder following the installation manual completely in that program and then set the VC1 and MPEG in FDDSHOW correctly afterwards. Suddenly the movie did encode succesfully.

The funny part is when i install every program without AVCHDCoder exactly according to the installation manual of AVCHDCoder it still does not work. I really need to install AVCHDCoder and then install all the programs and then change the settings back, then it works.

I still had this issue with the latest built.
You have to follow directions. I can see from your log that you're using the wrong version of FFDSHOW. I don't know how many times I have to repeat this... I've done it about 100 times already.

Sorry, I don't mean to single you out -- but this is really getting old.
Old 16th February 2010, 19:17   #6915  |  Link
mask0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
You have to follow directions. I can see from your log that you're using the wrong version of FFDSHOW. I don't know how many times I have to repeat this... I've done it about 100 times already.

Sorry, I don't mean to single you out -- but this is really getting old.

That log was simply a copy from one a few posts back. i did not have an actual log cuz i was working at my laptop.

I just wanted to point out iam getting retries and then an abort. I can assure you iam using correct versions myself.... iam not such an idiot..... following instructions on a BETA is always important....
mask0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 16:05   #6916  |  Link
ViolentA79

First of all, big thanks to JDobbs! Keep up the good work man. This program has been working great for me so far. I just had a quick question. Is there a huge quality difference between High Quality and Hi-Speed Option (BD-25)? I'm backing up BD-50 to BD-25. Should i be using BD-25 or custom size (23450)?
ViolentA79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 02:12   #6917  |  Link
mikeq
Hidef Junkie

1088 video

Suddenly, BD Rebuilder is outputting video at 1088 instead of 1080 for me. I've verified that I have the correct version of ffdshow installed, and I'm using v0.31.08 of BD_Rebuilder (but strangely, not always - some m2ts will be at 1080, some at 1088). This is again with Jewel of the Nile. I did verify that the bluray shows 1080 using MediaInfo, but the mkv files created show 1088 in most cases.... I'm going to try another BluRay and see if I get the same issue, but in the meantime....

Any idea what my problem might be?
Thanks
mikeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 04:49   #6918  |  Link
DVDIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentA79 View Post
First of all, big thanks to JDobbs! Keep up the good work man. This program has been working great for me so far. I just had a quick question. Is there a huge quality difference between High Quality and Hi-Speed Option (BD-25)? I'm backing up BD-50 to BD-25. Should i be using BD-25 or custom size (23450)?
I asked JDobbs the same question a while back and he said high quality setting for BD-25 is overkill. He also mentioned that he personally used Good (faster) one pass ABR encoding for BD-25 encodes.
DVDIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 06:27   #6919  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq View Post
Suddenly, BD Rebuilder is outputting video at 1088 instead of 1080 for me. I've verified that I have the correct version of ffdshow installed, and I'm using v0.31.08 of BD_Rebuilder (but strangely, not always - some m2ts will be at 1080, some at 1088). This is again with Jewel of the Nile. I did verify that the bluray shows 1080 using MediaInfo, but the mkv files created show 1088 in most cases.... I'm going to try another BluRay and see if I get the same issue, but in the meantime....

Any idea what my problem might be?
Thanks
The only way you could be getting 1088 is if the input was 1088. The most likely scenario I can think of that the input could be 1088 (from a legal original source -- no preprocessing!) is if the CODEC is causing it. The correct version of FFDSHOW, properly configured, should never do that. A guess might be that you've installed one of those "codec packs" and somehow FFDSHOW isn't really what is being used for you.

Last edited by jdobbs; 19th February 2010 at 17:07.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 06:46   #6920  |  Link
ViolentA79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDIT View Post
I asked JDobbs the same question a while back and he said high quality setting for BD-25 is overkill. He also mentioned that he personally used Good (faster) one pass ABR encoding for BD-25 encodes.
Thanks man. So is the good (faster) setting faster than the hi speed option (BD-25)?

And is the custom better than the bd-25 setting?
ViolentA79 is offline   Reply With Quote