Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 11th June 2010, 09:17   #61  |  Link
Buggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_JP View Post
Checking back in. The NicAudio plugin provided worked with everything I threw at it. But Zathor must have already tested it himself since it seems to have been added to the Megui x64 update distribution (unless that's yet another compile).

I have another problem. One actually mentioned by someone else way back in 2008 to Sharktooth, but nothing was (AFAICT) ever done. Megui x64 is very unstable when the video provided by Avinsynth has not been resized to a mod16 height, regardless of video source. This has never really been a problem in 32-bit Megui, but the crashes are frequent and unpredictable with the 64 bit version, until you resize to a mod16 height, at which time the random crashing goes away. The crashes usually happen when opening a preview window or enqueing a video encoding job, but never seem to happen when actually processing a queue, which would seem to indicate that the crashes are not happening because of x264 or Avisynth.
Why not test this using Vdub x64? Then you'll know if the problem lies with Avisynth or with x264. I'm guessing it's avisynth.
Old 11th June 2010, 09:30   #62  |  Link
movq

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
Hey there Zanthor. Thanks for the work! Just thought that you might want to add a small tip.

I followed your instructions, but upon attempting to update through the development server I got an error about icsharpcode.sharpziplib.

To fix it, go to http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSourc.../Download.aspx, download the assembly, extract the file in the net-20 folder to the MeGUI x64 folder and it should work.

Also, pre-rendering jobs don't work. I'm pretty sure it's the pre-rendering, because that job doesn't even start, gives an error, while a straight x264 encode works fine.
I followed your instructions, but come back error info
Attached Images

movq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 17:46   #63  |  Link
Eretria-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_JP View Post
Checking back in. The NicAudio plugin provided worked with everything I threw at it. But Zathor must have already tested it himself since it seems to have been added to the Megui x64 update distribution (unless that's yet another compile).
This is excellent news. I had to make changes so that it would compile in 64-bit.
Maybe I should hand over the source somewhere?
Eretria-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 22:20   #64  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Using the latest build, MeGUI x64 reports that it is unable to find Avisynth.dll. I've installed joshyd's most recent x64 build and have confirmed that it works by feeding an Avisynth script to x264_64.exe directly. Any suggestions?
Inspector.Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 10:41   #65  |  Link
JoeH

Using the latest MeGUI development build with all tools updated to development builds I am finding that the X264 streams are incompatible with my Panasonic BD-60. I used the Blu-ray profiles (not the absolute latest, but the ones which were out until a couple of weeks ago).

Has anyone seen this or know what is causing it? Using the stable builds everything is fine.

I know it is specific to Panasonic, as it plays on Sony blu-ray standalones, in TMT, etc.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 17:00   #66  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector.Gadget View Post
Using the latest build, MeGUI x64 reports that it is unable to find Avisynth.dll. I've installed joshyd's most recent x64 build and have confirmed that it works by feeding an Avisynth script to x264_64.exe directly. Any suggestions?
Do you have the 32bit build of avisynth installed, too? I have never tried it with only the 64bit build installed because it is recommended to install first the 32bit build and then the 64bit build on top.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 18:19   #67  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Zathor: Yes, I have both builds installed. Both versions of Avisynth work fine with various filters when fed directly to the respective compatible version of x264. 32-bit MeGUI picks up 32-bit Avisynth just fine. Is there a "path to Avisynth" variable set either in the registry or in a config flat file that I should examine? Thanks for all your continued hard work on MeGUI.
Old 12th June 2010, 18:49   #68  |  Link
Zathor

MeGUI is searching in the System32 and SysWOW64 for the file avisynth.dll. If the file cannot be found in one of those folders MeGUI assumes that AviSynth is not installed.
Old 12th June 2010, 19:16   #69  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Well, I found something that may be implicated in the problem: on my system, with only 32-bit Avisynth installed, MeGUI x64 detects and reports that Avisynth (2.5.8.5) is installed - but, obviously, can't use the 32-bit version and predictably fails when trying to open a video clip. Should this happen?

Last edited by Inspector.Gadget; 12th June 2010 at 19:49.
Old 12th June 2010, 20:28   #70  |  Link
Zathor

The avisynth detection logic has not changed for a long time and therefore it does not detect if the x64 build of avisynth is installed together with the x64 build of MeGUI. I will change it in the next build (.17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eretria-chan View Post
This is excellent news. I had to make changes so that it would compile in 64-bit.
Maybe I should hand over the source somewhere?
Yes, please upload the source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum5uicid3 View Post
zathor, can you change the pre-rendering to use this easily? it would make it easier to test.
Code:
ffmpeg -i input.avs -vcodec ffvhuff -context 1 -vstrict -1 -an output.avi
It has been changed in .16
Old 12th June 2010, 20:33   #71  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Many thanks, Zathor. Will .17 be pushed to autoupdate on the development server's x64 channel?
Old 12th June 2010, 20:37   #72  |  Link
Zathor

Yes, like the .16 a few minutes ago.
Old 12th June 2010, 20:49   #73  |  Link
Zathor

@Inspector.Gadget: Please try this build:
EDIT: link removed

Code:
[VideoUtil] + [MainForm] fixed the detection of AviSynth for MeGUI x64
I had no time to test it without 32bit avisynth installed.

Last edited by Zathor; 12th June 2010 at 23:43.
Old 12th June 2010, 21:19   #74  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Without Avisynth x64 installed, the above build throws this error (I believe MeGUI x86 normally has a custom prompt inviting the user to download Avisynth):

Within MeGUI, this log results:
Code:
[Error] Log
-[Information] Versions
--[NoImage] MeGUI Version : 0.3.4.16 x64
--[NoImage] OS : Windows Vista Premium Edition x64 SP2 (6.0.131072.6002)
--[NoImage] Latest .Net Framework installed : 4.0 (4.0.30319)
-[Error] Unhandled error
--[NoImage] Exception message: C:\Windows\system32\avisynth.dll
--[NoImage] Stacktrace
---[NoImage]    at System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(String fileName)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.VideoUtil.getAvisynthVersion(String& FileVersion, Boolean& PropExists)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.MainForm.MainForm_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
---[NoImage]    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
---[NoImage]    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
---[NoImage]    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
--[NoImage] Inner exception: null
With Avisynth x64 installed, the above build prints the following to the log:
Code:
[Information] Log
-[Information] Versions
--[NoImage] MeGUI Version : 0.3.4.16 x64
--[NoImage] OS : Windows Vista Premium Edition x64 SP2 (6.0.131072.6002)
--[NoImage] Latest .Net Framework installed : 4.0 (4.0.30319)
--[NoImage] Avisynth Version : 2.5.8.5
DirectShowSource() loading of a clip works fine for preview with this new build, as does encoding. I'd say you've fixed it! Thanks.

Edit: I didn't test it without Avisynth x86 installed, but that's a dependency for joshyd's current install method anyway.
Old 12th June 2010, 23:42   #75  |  Link
Zathor

Thanks for the report!

I created a new build which should fix the error message if no x64 avisynth is installed:
EDIT: link removed

Last edited by Zathor; 13th June 2010 at 18:05.
Old 13th June 2010, 01:06   #76  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Works great, and having it point to the 64-bit Avisynth thread was a good idea!
Old 13th June 2010, 17:25   #77  |  Link
Dal

Hi!

I don't know if this has been mentioned before (at least I'm not able to find it), but I get this error when trying to encode to avi:

Code:
[NoImage] Standard error stream
-[NoImage] Trying to retrieve width and height from input header
-[NoImage] xvid [info]: Avisynth detected
-[NoImage] LoadPlugin: unable to load "D:\Programmer\MeGuix64\tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll"
-[NoImage] (D:\tsdoctor\06-08_15-10-00_Disney Channel (nor)_Phineas og Ferb_2.avs, line 4)
The .dll file exists where it is supposed to.
Any ideas?
Dal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 09:48   #78  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

I am trying MEGUi x64 with the last iteration of DGNVTools that provides a x64 build too.

To get anything work well, you have to manually overwrite mediainfo.dll in the root directory with the x64 version.

Oh, and you obviously have to overwrite the DGNV exe's too.

P.S: Is there a way to get the encoding bitrate in the status window? I use CQ mode and sometimes I have to abort a process because the value I've chosen is too low.

Last edited by tormento; 14th June 2010 at 10:08.
tormento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 18:44   #79  |  Link
Zathor

mediainfo.dll and the dgindexnv tools will be updated automatically if using the development update server as mentioned in the first post. I tried it myself a few minutes ago and I did not need to replace the files manually.
Old 15th June 2010, 09:20   #80  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
mediainfo.dll and the dgindexnv tools will be updated automatically if using the development update server as mentioned in the first post. I tried it myself a few minutes ago and I did not need to replace the files manually.
Sorry but yesterday they did not.

Please try to install MeGui, overwrite with x64 and update.

Any chance about the bitrate? Even a hover banner would be sufficient.