Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 3rd July 2005, 14:48   #121  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Main Form: add this properties
If you need that, why not just put it into the constructor?

@edit: I've uploaded the latest sources.
Old 3rd July 2005, 15:16   #122  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Code:
private void suggestResolution_CheckedChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
		{
			if (suggestResolution.Checked)
			{
				verticalResolution.Value = (decimal)VideoUtil.suggestResolution(reader.Height, Double.Parse(customDAR.Text)
			}
		}
is not valid code.. suggestResolution takes 4 arguments. and there's no getAspectRatio method either in the code I got from the post above.
Old 3rd July 2005, 18:24   #123  |  Link
azsd
6502 fan

auto 3 pass has a flash speed (completed in 0.001 seconds with -1 fps) in 0.2.0.6 all step,
in 0.2.0.8 the first step has same error,the second step running correct.
in 0.2.0.8 the manuelly 3pass working fine.

here attached the log file of 0.2.0.6 and 0.2.0.8
azsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2005, 19:18   #124  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

indeed there is something wrong.. the log points out that there's no input configured. Fortunately this happens here as well so I can begin fixing right away. For the future: please describe everything you did until the error starting from the point where you launch MeGUI. I know that's a lot of info.. but that ensures that I'll be able to reproduce things right away, or point out problems that might have something to do with your source.

@update: found and fixed the bug.. I'm not running an automated 3 pass to make sure everything works. I accidentally blanked out the input for the first pass.. that turned into an empty stats file which causes problems for subsequent passes.
Old 3rd July 2005, 19:41   #125  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

bugfix is out in the user thread. I've uploaded the fixed class to the source package as well.
Old 3rd July 2005, 21:57   #126  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
Code:
private void suggestResolution_CheckedChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
		{
			{
				verticalResolution.Value = (decimal)VideoUtil.suggestResolution(reader.Height, Double.Parse(customDAR.Text)
			}
		}
is not valid code.. suggestResolution takes 4 arguments. and there's no getAspectRatio method either in the code I got from the post above.
Sorry about that ... I was looking at the wrong version of code. You should use this code:
Code:
		{
			{
				CropValues cropping = new CropValues();
				cropping.left = (int)cropLeft.Value;
				cropping.right = (int)cropRight.Value;
				cropping.top = (int)cropTop.Value;
				cropping.bottom = (int)cropBottom.Value;

int scriptVerticalResolution = VideoUtil.suggestResolution(reader.Height, Double.Parse(customDAR.Text), cropping, (int)horizontalResolution.Value);
				verticalResolution.Value = (decimal)scriptVerticalResolution;
			}
		}
And the JobUtil can also be put in the constructor. EDIT: when passing objects, are they passed as references, or are they cloned?

Last edited by berrinam; 3rd July 2005 at 22:02.
berrinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2005, 22:13   #127  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
You should use this code
it's already in there

Quote:
when passing objects, are they passed as references, or are they cloned?
passed as reference. Objects are reference type.. hence the VideoCodecSettings.clone method, and me cloning it before encoding in order not to change the original (currentXYZSettings in the main form). There are value types... integers, doubles, structs, decimal, bool... (all those I recall using in MeGUI).. value types are cloned, so to speak.
Old 3rd July 2005, 22:16   #128  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
it's already in there
Ok, sorry about the stuff-up -- I have too many versions on my computer. Anyway, it is already to add the one click encoder, yes?
Old 3rd July 2005, 22:30   #129  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

I'm waiting on you to finish the window.. you said something about working on it again tomorrow to add the AVI mode.
Old 3rd July 2005, 22:40   #130  |  Link
berrinam

yep, sure.
Old 4th July 2005, 01:55   #131  |  Link
berrinam

Ok, I finally have everything (hopefully) implemented in OneClick. I compiled it, just to make it easier for you. It's weird ... when I compile with csc.exe (the commandline compiler which is part of the 1.1 framework), the output filesizes are about half that of VS.NET. Anyway, the only changes I remember making since v0208 are the addition of the OneClickWindow and the event handler in MeGUI for it, which is as follows:
Code:
		private void mnuToolsOneClick_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
		{
			OneClickWindow oneClick = new OneClickWindow(this, videoProfiles, audioProfiles, videoProfile.SelectedIndex, audioProfile.SelectedIndex, this.jobUtil);
			oneClick.ShowDialog();		
		}
Old 4th July 2005, 07:45   #132  |  Link
berrinam

Ok, the new version is . As above, it has oneclickwindow.cs. It also adds the Run DGIndex projects as minimized as an option, because when I was testing, I liked to be able to see what was happening. If you don't want that, then just ignore the settings files, and edit oneclickwindow, deleting line 1159. The eventhandler is the same as above. Built on 2.0.8 sources.

Last edited by berrinam; 4th July 2005 at 08:03.
Old 4th July 2005, 08:09   #133  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

considering the size, could you please just attach the files here.. I'd like to keep track of new versions and attached but not authorized attachments are only available to moderators.

I haven't looked at the sources yet but I do have a few conceptual questions looking at the window: what happened with the codec selection? It's grayed out here.

What's the numeric up down for in the audio box? I suppose that's container overhead seeing that it starts at 4.3.. but audio has no container overhead (at least not for aac in mp4.. nero aac considers the container overhead as part of the bitrate - for mp3 we have a fixed overhead depending on the type).

As far as the output goes.. perhaps you've noted that I changed the d2v creator to accept other types as well.. I think the one click encoder should reflect those changes so that it can also be used for other input types that dgindex supports. Hopefully, with the media library (see container forum) we'll be able to extract stream info for those other streams.. else just offer the default track1-8 as audio selection.

The dropdown in extra setup.. is that the video profile (I have no profiles at work)? And what's the project name good for?
Old 4th July 2005, 08:16   #134  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
considering the size, could you please just attach the files here.. I'd like to keep track of new versions and attached but not authorized attachments are only available to moderators.
No problem

Quote:
what happened with the codec selection? It's grayed out here.
I figured that it shouldn't be editable by the user, because no configuration is possible, therefore it just reflects the codec being used by the profile.

Quote:
What's the numeric up down for in the audio box? I suppose that's container overhead seeing that it starts at 4.3.. but audio has no container overhead (at least not for aac in mp4.. nero aac considers the container overhead as part of the bitrate - for mp3 we have a fixed overhead depending on the type).
Yes, it's container overhead for mp4, just in the wrong place. I'm think I should get rid of it completely.

Quote:
As far as the output goes.. perhaps you've noted that I changed the d2v creator to accept other types as well.. I think the one click encoder should reflect those changes so that it can also be used for other input types that dgindex supports. Hopefully, with the media library (see container forum) we'll be able to extract stream info for those other streams.. else just offer the default track1-8 as audio selection.
I'm afraid I have no idea what you are talking about. EDIT: I see. I never noticed that before. I'll look into that, too.

Quote:
The dropdown in extra setup.. is that the video profile (I have no profiles at work)? And what's the project name good for?
Yes, it is video profile. The project name determines:
-the dgindex project name
-the filename of the intermediate video files (projectname_Movie.mp4, a la GK)
-the output filename

The same files that are on rapidshare are attached here

Last edited by berrinam; 4th July 2005 at 08:23.
Old 4th July 2005, 08:30   #135  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
I figured that it shouldn't be editable by the user, because no configuration is possible, therefore it just reflects the codec being used by the profile.
Hmm.. so the user must have a profile? Might not be the ideal solution because people don't realize they can use profiles (or they work so well that nobody ever mentions that feature). You could of course create 4 default profiles based on the current videocodecsettings and list those. I'm not sure what the most user friendly course is here.

Quote:
I'm think I should get rid of it completely.
I agree.. the default values seem to work out just fine.. but you need to make sure they re set internally in accordance to how many b-frames are configured.
Old 4th July 2005, 08:37   #136  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Hmm.. so the user must have a profile? Might not be the ideal solution because people don't realize they can use profiles (or they work so well that nobody ever mentions that feature). You could of course create 4 default profiles based on the current videocodecsettings and list those. I'm not sure what the most user friendly course is here.
Well, I could add the config dialog again, which would be more user-friendly, I suppose. But I think for inexperienced user, (who this is partly aimed for) having default profiles like in Recode would be the best.

Quote:
I agree.. the default values seem to work out just fine.. but you need to make sure they re set internally in accordance to how many b-frames are configured.
Yes.
Old 4th July 2005, 08:40   #137  |  Link
berrinam

About accepting extra input formats: I'm sure you agree it would only be appropriate for oneclick if the track names were listed. Will projectX do this?
Old 4th July 2005, 08:49   #138  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Well, I could add the config dialog again, which would be more user-friendly, I suppose. But I think for inexperienced user, (who this is partly aimed for) having default profiles like in Recode would be the best.
Well, then we need to settle on what profiles we offer. The ones configured should definitely be available, and then some defaults.

Quote:
I'm sure you agree it would only be appropriate for oneclick if the track names were listed. Will projectX do this?
Well, unless you have an info file you never have the names, only track IDs.. you need to figure out the language on your own for TS, mpg and even VOB streams without an info file. I guess TS streams are going to be a bitch to handle.. I wonder if dgindex can somehow tell us what tracks are effectively available.

The mediainfo lib (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=96516) seems to be useful for mpg but I don't see TS as a supported format.
Old 4th July 2005, 09:24   #139  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Well, then we need to settle on what profiles we offer. The ones configured should definitely be available, and then some defaults.
The ones configured are already available. I would say that defaults could be added just by distributing the xml profiles with the executable. Anyway, I haven't had enough experience with any of the codecs to be able to recommend settings.

Quote:
Well, unless you have an info file you never have the names, only track IDs.. you need to figure out the language on your own for TS, mpg and even VOB streams without an info file.
I still think this destroys the oneclick workflow.
Old 4th July 2005, 09:47   #140  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
I still think this destroys the oneclick workflow.
Not necessarily.. you just have to do the "figuring out what audio streams are available" for those types of input as well.. you are reading the info file for vob input after all, so it would be done at the same point for other types of input. Then once input is selected, available audio tracks will be shown.

Tags
development, megui, not a help thread