Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 4th October 2018, 09:13   #1021  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Thanks, that would be great!
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2018, 18:37   #1022  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

XySubFilter 3.1.0.752 has been released

XySubFilter .zip Archive (32-bit) | XySubFilter .zip Archive (64-bit)

Debug Symbols for XySubFilter 3.1.0.752

Bug Fix
  • Fix for SSA/ASS repositioning becoming permanently disabled after typesetting was displayed

Note: XySubFilter is no longer being actively developed. The original developer stopped working on the project back in 2014, and ever since then it's been in limbo. The changes in this release were made possible by madshi the developer for madVR.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 7th October 2018 at 23:28.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2018, 20:26   #1023  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Awesome - thank you!
Old 7th October 2018, 20:27   #1024  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

P.S: The debug symbol link doesn't work.
Old 7th October 2018, 23:31   #1025  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

fixed the link, I had missed changing one of the 751 to 752 in the url when I copied my old post.
Old 8th October 2018, 07:31   #1026  |  Link
gfxnow

Many thanks to Madshi and Cyberbeing for breathing new life in to this abandoned project.
gfxnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2018, 10:56   #1027  |  Link
Tanuki

I still use version 705 because of several "bugs" I have seen with versions 744 and 746 : one with vobsubs placement (but I don't have a file to test anymore), and one with an anime OP karaoke (released in april 2016, http://dl.free.fr/nCeCntvPl) that lags for several seconds near the end. Unfortunately, the new version 752 doesn't work neither.

I tried to find something related in this thread after the october 2015 releases, but I haven't.

I use Zoom player, Madvr, LAV filters

Any thoughts ?
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2018, 11:10   #1028  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
one with an anime OP karaoke (released in april 2016, http://dl.free.fr/nCeCntvPl) that lags for several seconds near the end. Unfortunately, the new version 752 doesn't work neither.
Same problem with 3.1.0.801 (pinterf), in case anyone is wondering. Doesn't happen with MPC-HC EVR-CP, though, only madvr.

But on closer look madvr reports dropped frames even with MPC-HC ISR (i5-2500K), they just don't seem as obvious as with XySubFilter. Does madvr report no dropped frames for you with 705? Sample seems extremely CPU hungry.

Last edited by sneaker_ger; 20th October 2018 at 11:17.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2018, 09:38   #1029  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Thanks for pointing out that perf regression from 3.1.0.705. It seems this is one instance where our original xy tag parsing/caching was significantly faster than MPC-HC's implementation, which I had merged is since I thought it was always faster. My original test case back then must have been too limited.

Here is a test build which reverts the MPC-HC implementation and restores the original xy tag parsing/caching implementation:
https://www69.zippyshare.com/v/dBNj6Fpg/file.html

Please compare it against 3.1.0.352 on extremely line/tag heavy scripts and see which you find overall faster. I'll go back to our original implementation in the next release if you don't find any instances where it is significantly slower than 3.1.0.352.

As for VobSub placement, I'm unsure what that would refer to. If you come across a sample which reproduces that issue again (as a regression from 3.1.0.705), please send it to me. Did you have Black Bar detection enabled in madVR? There is a chance that could have been a madVR bug which has since been fixed.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 30th November 2018 at 09:51.
Old 30th November 2018, 11:03   #1030  |  Link
amayra
Quality Checker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
in the next release
there problem i want to report to you since you have plan to work for this project lettel more
my issue is when i use ASS"Advanced Substation Alpha" file and renamed style name with uppercase
VSFilter don't lead or detected this syle only if i rename every line with uppercase name to match what i used in style manager evertime
Old 30th November 2018, 11:47   #1031  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

If I'm understanding you correctly, you are just saying that style names are case-sensitive? If so, that isn't a bug. VSFilter has always treated case-sensitive style names as unique entities.

If that is not the issue, could you give a better example of what you're talking about?
Old 30th November 2018, 20:33   #1032  |  Link
amayra
Quality Checker

Quote:
If I'm understanding you correctly, you are just saying that style names are case-sensitive? If so, that isn't a bug. VSFilter has always treated case-sensitive style names as unique entities.

If that is not the issue, could you give a better example of what you're talking about?
you are correct, but why VSFilter is case-sensitive when i can't use same style name in subtitle editor ?
Old 30th November 2018, 21:42   #1033  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

If you are talking about Aegisub, I'm not sure. As far as I'm aware Libass is also case-sensitive when it comes to style names. It must just be to keep script tidy and avoid typos, or maybe there was some compatibility issue with some other renderer which existed a long time in the past?
Old 5th December 2018, 14:59   #1034  |  Link
JohnLai

cyberbeing, when xy-vsfilter is used with mpc-hc on fast-forward mode (CTRL+UP) such as 2X, 4X, 8X or even 16X, the subtitle will not be in sync with the 'fastforward' as if the subtitle is running at normal speed.

However, the ancient https://trac.mpc-hc.org/ticket/3504 method that uses ​https://nightly.mpc-hc.org/mpc-hc_apps/vsfilter/ original vsfilter works perfectly with 'fastforward' mode.
Is it possible to implement xy-vsfilter subtitle synchronization for fastforward mode?
JohnLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2018, 17:29   #1035  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

What exactly are you testing? I'm not seeing any difference between the old MPC-HC VSFilter 2.41, MPC 1.7.13.112 VSFilter and xy-VSFilter 3.0.0.306 with MKV+ASS samples. All seem to go out-of-sync on fast-forward in MPC-HC. If this is something universally broken with VSFilter.dll, it's doubtful it would be fixed at this point.

Fast-forward works with XySubFilter & MPC-HC ISR though.
Old 6th December 2018, 03:44   #1036  |  Link
JohnLai

Quote:
What exactly are you testing? I'm not seeing any difference between the old MPC-HC VSFilter 2.41, MPC 1.7.13.112 VSFilter and xy-VSFilter 3.0.0.306 with MKV+ASS samples. All seem to go out-of-sync on fast-forward in MPC-HC. If this is something universally broken with VSFilter.dll, it's doubtful it would be fixed at this point.

Fast-forward works with XySubFilter & MPC-HC ISR though.
Maybe I should rephrase it. Now, this only happens with bitmap subtitle (BD and DVD native sub).

I mean MPC-HC internal subtitle renderer and XY-Vsfilter don't render subtitle in sync with fastforward speed.

The original VSfilter renders subtitle in sync on fastforward correctly.
Old 6th December 2018, 11:43   #1037  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

I assume you are testing xy-VSFilter 3.0.0.306 and MPC-HC VSFilter 2.41 with internal PGS & VOBSUB subtitles? Could you also try old versions of xy-VSFilter as well, such as 3.0.0.211 & 3.0.0.65, as well as the original Gabest VSFilter 2.39.5.3. In terms of VSFilter 2.41 & 2.39, please also test them with and without buffering enabled, and see if there is any difference. I no longer have any PGS & VOBSUB samples on my system to easily test this myself.

Either way, you'll probably need to wait for MPC-HC or MPC-BE to fix this if even their most recent VSFilter.dll releases are broken for this particular test-case. We never worked on core bitmap subtitle parsing/rendering code ourselves, all of it was basically merged as-is from the original Gabest MPC and MPC-HC. No guarantee it would be the same fix though, since one difference in xy-VSFilter is it doesn't pre-buffer subtitles. If the fix requires buffering, it's probably a lost cause for xy-VSFilter. Pre-buffering was something the original dev never got around to re-adding support for, suggesting it wasn't something trivial to integrate with our current code.
Old 6th December 2018, 13:52   #1038  |  Link
JohnLai

Well yes, vobsub and PGS subtitle type.
Buffering and no buffering doesn't seem to make any difference.

>.< Well, I give up. Guess I should fastforward (seek) few seconds instead of changing framerate (apparently, this is the correct term for 2x,4x,8x and 16x, haha my mistake)
Old 8th December 2018, 15:39   #1039  |  Link
Tanuki

Quote:
Thanks for pointing out that perf regression from 3.1.0.705. It seems this is one instance where our original xy tag parsing/caching was significantly faster than MPC-HC's implementation, which I had merged is since I thought it was always faster. My original test case back then must have been too limited.

Here is a test build which reverts the MPC-HC implementation and restores the original xy tag parsing/caching implementation:
https://www69.zippyshare.com/v/dBNj6Fpg/file.html

Please compare it against 3.1.0.352 on extremely line/tag heavy scripts and see which you find overall faster. I'll go back to our original implementation in the next release if you don't find any instances where it is significantly slower than 3.1.0.352.

As for VobSub placement, I'm unsure what that would refer to. If you come across a sample which reproduces that issue again (as a regression from 3.1.0.705), please send it to me. Did you have Black Bar detection enabled in madVR? There is a chance that could have been a madVR bug which has since been fixed.
For the vobsub placement problem, I remembered an obvious example (my memory isn't as bad as I expected) : http://dl.free.fr/vrbBwaBoi
after 19s, with the jpn vobsub track. It works as expected with 705, not after. I don't have "black bar detection" enabled in madvr.

For the performance thing, I don't have another example I can remember than the one I already pointed so I can't test more.
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2018, 06:08   #1040  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

I don't see any vobsub placement problem with that sample. 705 and 752 look identical to me after 19s, with the song lyrics are on top and dialog on bottom as I would expect with the jpn vobsub track. I tested with MPC-HC 1.83 & LAVFilters 0.73.1, EVR-CP & madVR.

As for the other thing, just use the 750 build I linked above normally, since it should resolve the performance regression on that previous sample. If you can't think of anything else, that's fine. I'll be trying to track down some samples myself anyway.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 9th December 2018 at 06:16.