Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > HDTV / DVB / TiVo

Old 17th October 2008, 03:23   #1  |  Link
olikl

Cutting/Editing HD captures from TV (.ts files)

Hi,
I have a .ts file recorded from TV, about 4 hours long, about 20GB big. There are three single drama episodes in it.
I am trying for about 40 hours now, downloaded about 10 different programs and I didn't get one step further...

The video is 1920x1080, mostly interlaced, h264.
There are two audio streams, one AC3 and one MPG, both at -1024ms delay (that is what tsmuxer gui shows me).

What I want:
Three single files with the three drama episodes in it, with only the AC3 sound and with subtitles (which I have as .srt file).

What I already did (at least the most essential things):
- First try was to just cut the files with h264ts-cutter. The tool crashed all the time. (It only works with files that were remuxed with tsmuxer gui before. As you will see later, this isn't any use to me. I didn't know this at that point.)
- I then tried to remux the .ts file while deleting the MPG stream that I don't need. The file could be opened by all tools, including h264ts-cutter. I tried a lot of things and everything seemed to work quiet good - Then I tested the remuxed ts file and found out that it was out of sync - I fixed it by properly delaying the AC3 stream and the first minutes were in sync, but the sound went out of sync more and more, at the end it were about 5 seconds.
- So, properly something wrong with AC3? I demuxed H264 and AC3 from ts file and tried to fix the AC3 with BeSplit. BeSplit found some sync issues and fixed it, but after remuxing the fixed AC3 with the H264, I experienced the same issues. Due to this, I can't cut the remuxed (async) .ts file with h264-ts-cutter, as a few seconds would be missing (either audio or video, depends on cutting point).

Besides this, I tried hours of creatign AviSynth scripts, writing tons of DirectShowSource and AviSource to try to fix it with megui: I indexed the h264 file with DGIndex, opened it with an .avs file in megui and created a cut file there with the AVS Cutter tool - I then used this cut file to cut my AC3. After remuxing the cutted AC3 and the cutted H264, I found them to be badly out of sync and from different parts of the video.

As you see, I am really at the end of my thoughts. Adding subtitles, deinterlacing, authoring etc. is no problem for me - As soon as I have IN SYNC AC3 and H264 files that I can work with.

I did never expected such a simple thing to get THIS horrible. I know the whole drama by heart now - Actually, I wanted to WATCH it after cutting it...

Thank you very much!!!
olikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 18:30   #2  |  Link
rica

Hi,
Open ts file with a player first and decide the start/stop points for cutting.

Open TSMuxer; enter manually start and stop minutes and remux to ts.

If you want to rejoin the files, use eac3to.
rica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 22:12   #3  |  Link
olikl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica View Post
Hi,
Open ts file with a player first and decide the start/stop points for cutting.

Open TSMuxer; enter manually start and stop minutes and remux to ts.

If you want to rejoin the files, use eac3to.
Hi,
yes, I already tried this. As soon as I remux with TSMuxer, the audio gets async... i.e. the audio file gets about 4 seconds shorter than the video file.
olikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 22:41   #4  |  Link
rica

Then, have you tried to demux to elementary streams via eac3to and after remux/cut with TSMuxer?
i.e.
My input file "trial.ts" is under C:
and my output folder is "trial_out" under C:

And demuxing with eac3to:

Code:
 eac3to v2.68
command line: eac3to\eac3to  C:\trial.ts 1: C:\trial_out\video.h264 2: C:\trial_out\audio.ac3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TS, 1 video track, 1 audio track, 0:01:16
1: h264/AVC, 1080i50 (16:9)
2: AC3, German, 2.0 channels, 448kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -603ms
[a02] Extracting audio track number 2...
[v01] Extracting video track number 1...
[a02] Removing AC3 dialog normalization...
[a02] Applying (E-)AC3 delay...
[v01] Creating file "C:\trial_out\video.h264"...
[a02] Creating file "C:\trial_out\audio.ac3"...
Video track 1 contains 3779 frames.
eac3to processing took 22 seconds.
Done.
And remux them back to ts (or m2ts) with TSMuxer; you gonna see there won't be any problem left.

Last edited by rica; 18th October 2008 at 01:10.
rica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2008, 12:37   #5  |  Link
navijac

@olikl
you have PM!
navijac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 02:09   #6  |  Link
JonRead

I feel your pain, I go through similar problems with TV h264 broadcasts. H264TS-Cutter used to crash on me until I used CoreAVC as my decoder. Also I too find that TSMuxer makes things out of sync, although to be fair so does H264TS-cutter unless I turn the PTS option off.

Luckily as mentioned I finally got h264TS Cutter to work so I am okay, but I hope, even if commercial, that there is a proper easy to use piece of software soon that has loads of features and is supported.
JonRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2008, 13:24   #7  |  Link
Ventolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonRead View Post
I feel your pain, I go through similar problems with TV h264 broadcasts. H264TS-Cutter used to crash on me until I used CoreAVC as my decoder. Also I too find that TSMuxer makes things out of sync, although to be fair so does H264TS-cutter unless I turn the PTS option off.

Luckily as mentioned I finally got h264TS Cutter to work so I am okay, but I hope, even if commercial, that there is a proper easy to use piece of software soon that has loads of features and is supported.
Hi, guys, you might like to try the new TSPE 0.70 beta - should hopefully meet your requirements!

Let me know your feedback in the TSPE 0.70 thread.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143249

Cheers,

Vent
Ventolin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ac3, capture, cut, h264, recording