Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25th November 2011, 12:22   #1  |  Link
consulting

Using QuickSync with Video Deluxe?

Hi, I'm new here. Forgive me if I might be boring for anyone.

I risk this posting because I spent hours and days by searching for sturdy infos that I can use for editing with an i7-2600k and an i5-2430M machine.

My problem:
I have to edit a lot of videos and to render them to MPEG2 and/or MP4.
My editing applications are Cyberlink PowerDirector 10 Ultra, LoiLoScope 2 and MAGIX Video deluxe 17 Premium. There is also MediaEspresso 6.5 for converting/transcoding.
I'm not very familiar with PD10u. I have to learn a lot. But it seems to work with hardware encoding by the INTEL HD3000 graphic units of both PCs.
LoiLoScope 2 is well known but very more complicated than the revolutionary LoiLoScope 1. I'm missing there a lot of features that I believe to be indispensable.

My favourite video editing application is Video deluxe 17 Premium. It provides really all features that I need. And I'm very fit in using it since several previous versions.
The drawback: It can't use Quick Sync.
Nevertheless:
The rendering times with this application are amazing -- mostly less than 70% realtime of the projects duration for MPEG2 -- though using "only" x86-CPU rendering.

So I'm looking for an ENcoder that can be used with Video deluxe while also providing the hardware encoding by Quick Sync.

Looking back: For using LoiLoScope 1 I had to install the CCCP codec pack. I was wondering that this pack also was recognized by Video deluxe. I could use it for very sophisticated MP4 settings that were not accessible with the Video deluxe encoder (MC).

My hope:
That there is a codec(pack) that can be used with Video deluxe and that offers the access to the HD3000's Quick Sync features.
I didn't find one.
But I do not exclude that there are experts who know what I'm looking for without finding it.

Many thanks in advance for any information that may bring some sureness to me -- positively or negatively.

Regards, Manfred

Last edited by consulting; 25th November 2011 at 12:27. Reason: Adding a PS
consulting is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
encoding, hd3000, quick sync, video deluxe, video editing