Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 29th September 2020, 06:54   #881  |  Link
netmask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
I don't support Windows 7 anymore.
Which is the latest version tat does support Windows 7 64bit Professional?
BeyonWiz PVR T3 & V2 (Enigma2 clone)
Chromecast
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 7 Ultimate
QNAP NAS TS851
netmask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2020, 17:46   #882  |  Link
jpsdr

For me, the last (50.0.0) works on Windows 7 x64. By this, i think he means that he will not investigate any issue if you're under Windows 7. If it works, good for you, otherwise, too bad...
Old 29th September 2020, 21:38   #883  |  Link
netmask

Thanks..
BeyonWiz PVR T3 & V2 (Enigma2 clone)
Chromecast
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 7 Ultimate
QNAP NAS TS851
netmask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2020, 12:51   #884  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

MKVToolNix v51.0.0 released

Hello everyoone,

I've just pushed out MKVToolNix v51. As expected the new IETF BCP 47 language tag functionality introduced in v50 had a couple of bugs, which I've fixed in v51. Apart from that I've also started fuzzying mkvmerge, which turned up several issues that have also been fixed. Fuzzying will continue in the future and I fully expect a lot more bugs to be unearthed by it.

Important news for package managers is that `configure` can now detect and use a system-wide installed copy of the JPCRE2 header library. If it isn't found, the bundled version will be used (just like in v50).

Here are the usual links: the MKVToolNix home page, the Windows installer/portable version & macOS DMG & Linux AppImage and the source code.

The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are available already. The other Linux binaries are still being built and will be available over the course of the next couple of hours.

Here are the NEWS since the previous release:

Version 51.0.0 "I Wish" 2020-10-04
New features and enhancements
  • mkvmerge, mkvpropedit, MKVToolNix GUI: IETF BCP 47 language tags: added missing support for UN M.49 regions for which there are no corresponding ISO 3166 alpha codes. This enables language tags such as "es-419" = Spanish in Latin America and the Caribbean. Implements #2919.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: IETF BCP 47 language tags: the text in the widget displaying the current language & the corresponding edit button is now displayed like a link (depending on the theme: different color & underlined), making it clearer that not just the edit button can be clicked but the text, too.

Bug fixes
  • mkvmerge: AV1 parser: fixed mkvmerge crashing after uncaught exceptions due to certain data conditions. Found by fuzzying.
  • mkvmerge: AV1 packetizer: the duration of frames wasn't set properly. When appending AV1 IVF or OBU files this meant that the last frame of the Nth file and the first frame of file N+1 had the same timestamp. Fixes #2937.
  • mkvmerge: DTS reader: fixed handling of buffers with an odd length when byte-swapped DTS is detected so that mkvmerge doesn't abort with a failed assertion. Found by fuzzying.
  • mkvmerge: h.264/AVC and h.265/HEVC elementary stream readers: mkvmerge will no longer claim to recognize data that looks like AVC or HEVC but with invalid video width/height values as that lead to failed assertions in libEBML later. Found by fuzzying.
  • mkvmerge: h.265/HEVC parser: fixed mkvmerge aborting after uncaught exceptions due to certain data constellations found by fuzzying.
  • mkvmerge: IVF reader: fixed mkvmerge crashing with a "division by zero" error due to certain data conditions. Found by fuzzying.
  • mkvmerge: fixed mkvmerge aborting with a "division by zero" error due to the timestamp scaling factor being 0 after handling certain data constellations found by fuzzying.
  • mkvmerge: track statistics: fixed a "division by zero" error when the content's shorter than 1ms. Found by fuzzying.
  • mkvmerge, mkvinfo, mkvextract, mkvpropedit: Matroska access class: fixed an invalid memory access under certain data conditions. Found by fuzzying.
  • MKVToolNix GIU: IETF BCP 47/RFC 5646 language tags: the GUI will no longer open the language dialog when clicking on a disabled language display widget.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: IETF BCP 47 language tags: the "variants" combo-boxes were not populated even when the language tag was valid and contained at a variant. Fixes #2923.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: IETF BCP 47 language tags: when no language is selected, at least one of the other components (extended subtags, region, or variants) has something selected and "private use" is not empty, the GUI would claim this to be a valid tag, which it isn't. Fixes #2924.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: when the tracks/chapters/tags selection changes from "at least one entry selected" to "no entry selected", the input controls will be reset to their default state and not just disabled. Fixes #2927.

Build system changes
  • "configure" now checks for the presence of the a system-wide installed copy of the JPCRE2 C++ wrapper library for the PCRE2 library and uses that if it's new enough (at least v10.32.1). If not, the bundled version will be used as a fallback. Implements #2929.

Have fun!

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Mosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2020, 18:51   #885  |  Link
VBB

Thanks Mosu! I use your software almost every day. Shout out to Braunschweig from a former Frankfurter
Old 14th October 2020, 10:38   #886  |  Link
LeMoi

Thanks for the latest updates.
Is there a way to have the possibility to choose between the old and the new language selector ? The old way (scrolling menu) was way more practical, it needed less clics, I can understand that it doesn't bother some people (maybe some asked for it ?!), but it's more complicated than it was... maybe we could choose between something like "easy mode" and "complete mode".
LeMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2020, 11:18   #887  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Please see this FAQ section where I answer your question.

Old 14th October 2020, 11:54   #888  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

When 1000 user says this new language system is not good to use, I guess you are more willing to change/bring back the old language system.
For me personal is the IETF language a pain and not easy to use in MTX.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2020, 13:07   #889  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

At the moment I actually have more positive feedback (people that are glad they can finally be more precise wrt. to languages) than negative on the change.

Old 15th October 2020, 23:38   #890  |  Link
LeMoi

I understand that, even if I disagree (the list was pretty complete, and the 3-char code was more precise, and it needed one click less ^^), that's why I wondered if there a way to have the choice between the new and the old method
LeMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2020, 08:34   #891  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMoi View Post
the list was pretty complete
Well, you couldn't differentiate between things such as "Portuguese as spoken in Brazil" vs. "Portuguese as spoken in Portugal" (which is quite different), nor could you mark subtitles with "Serbian in Latin" vs "Serbian in Cyrillic" with the old system. It was far from complete. Sure, it seems to have been enough for you and your use case, but you and your use case aren't everyone else's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMoi View Post
and the 3-char code was more precise
This part of your sentence I don't understand at all. BCP 47 language tags use the same ISO 639 language codes the old system used. The only difference is that the old Matroska system only used the three-letter codes whereas BCP 47 says that the two-letter code should be used if there is one available for a given country, and if not to use the three-letter code. There's nothing being more or less precise about this; the ISO 639 code list contains three-letter codes for all countries and two-letter codes for a lot (but not all) others.

As a matter of fact: the old Matroska system only supported languages from the ISO 639-2 standard. However, there have been extensions of that list with ISO 639-3 and 639-5, which the old Matroska standard did not support. BCP 47 does support those (MKVToolNix doesn't yet, though I'm going to implement them soonish).

Old 23rd October 2020, 16:02   #892  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

What am I doing wrong here?
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2020, 18:52   #893  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Try
Code:
mkvmerge "@options.json"
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2020, 11:42   #894  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Still the same error. Is there anybody who uses json configuration file with success? BTW. Yes my file is detected by notepad++ as ANSI as UTF-8. The same problem in v51 as well.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 24th October 2020 at 11:47.
Old 24th October 2020, 12:09   #895  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Is there anybody who uses json configuration file with success?
Yes. Working fine with mkvmerge v51 as long as I don't forget the "@".
Old 24th October 2020, 12:30   #896  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Could you show me some screenshots? Obviously I must be doing something...
Old 24th October 2020, 12:42   #897  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Old 24th October 2020, 13:09   #898  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post

Does it also work if you run that command from .cmd/.bat file?

By the way. Is there any logical reason why the method of loading option file is "over engineered/unusual". Why not something simpler like
Code:
mkvmerge --options "MyOptions.txt"
or even better
Code:
mkvmerge "MyOptions.txt"
Why do we have to use that @ symbol?

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 24th October 2020 at 13:23.
Old 24th October 2020, 13:20   #899  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Move the "@" to the front of the absolute path.
Old 24th October 2020, 13:24   #900  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
Move the "@" to the front of the absolute path.
Thanks! That works! Jesus...

Tags
matroska