Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16th April 2020, 23:43   #901  |  Link
lazostat

If i update on new version will i lose my current settings? And what about Madvr settings too?
lazostat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2020, 08:29   #902  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Most probably all settings are preserved if they are still the same in your previous version and in the current one.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2020, 09:39   #903  |  Link
brad86

Is it possible yet to get a video stats like Potplayer in MPC-HC, with an external plugin of sorts ?

I'm not going back to bloaty potplayer, but I really miss this feature. MadVR's stats don't show everything that I like compared to this one,

Last edited by brad86; 17th April 2020 at 09:41. Reason: Image link error
brad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2020, 10:11   #904  |  Link
v0lt

@brad86
MPC-HC does not support any plug-ins.
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2020, 17:29   #905  |  Link
brad86

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0lt View Post
@brad86
MPC-HC does not support any plug-ins.
Shame. The player is otherwise perfect. Decent video/audio stats overlay and two audio output renderers are the only thing missing.
brad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2020, 18:40   #906  |  Link
el Filou

You can see the EVR Custom presenter renderer OSD with Ctrl+J. It shows frame rate, format, sync/jitter, stats.
If you want to check audio format or other filter info, as a workaround you can map something like Ctrl+F to the 'Filters menu' command, then navigate by keyboard.
Old 18th April 2020, 01:12   #907  |  Link
adipose

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad86 View Post
Shame. The player is otherwise perfect. Decent video/audio stats overlay and two audio output renderers are the only thing missing.
If viewing both "information" and "statistics," a fair amount of info is shown. Not everything you have, but some.

Adding more probably wouldn't be hard, and making it overlay is certainly possible, but I don't know how valuable it is.

This was a test video someone sent me, btw!
adipose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2020, 19:31   #908  |  Link
sam0t

BSODs with MPC-HC v1.9.2 using MadVR video renderer

Anybody else getting random BSOD crashes with MPC-HC v1.9.2 and MadVR v0.92.17 ?

Been using clsid's MPC-HC and MadVR for couple years now without any issue, but since upgrading MPC-HC to v1.9.2, started seeing BSOD crashes once in about an hour or two of playback. Believe these were irql_not_less_or_equal BSODs without reference to any system driver, but oddly the crashes did not leave Windows mini-dump files behind for further analysis. Anyways initially I was dead sure that these were caused by Windows 10 2020-03 cumulative upgrade or some other driver that I had updated during the last month or so, but after rolling back all the recent updates I had made by restoring an early April system image without March W10 cumulative update installed, I was still getting BSODs.

Apparently I had taken the image around the time of installing MPC-HC v1.9.2, so as a last step few days ago, reverted back to MPC-HC 1.9.1 and the BSODs stopped there. Wondering if anybody else is seeing similar?

I've got a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 based system with all its components running the latest available FW and drivers. Overall this rig has been rock solid few years and have not had any issues with MPC-HC and MadVR until vv1.9.2.
sam0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2020, 21:15   #909  |  Link
clsid

It is almost certainly the fault of a driver. Update BIOS and chipset driver. Check the cooling. Monitor temperature during playback. Remove overclocks or undervolts.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2020, 15:02   #910  |  Link
dim

@sam0t
Started getting BSODs after some display driver update that didn't like MadVR's remove black bars setting at all.
dim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2020, 19:35   #911  |  Link
sam0t

for the tips!

So it would seems that MPC-HC v1.9.2 just does not work well with my Gigabyte GV-RX570GAMING-4GD GFX card and the latest AMD drivers 20.2.2 nor 20.4.1. All the rest of the system drivers, firmware and BIOS are with the latest available version, cooling is OK and no OCing involved. Fingers crossed that AMD tweaks something in the right direction with their next driver release, which allows me to upgrade over to the latest MPC-HC version. Until then I'll stay put and stick with MPC-HC v1.9.1.
Old 25th April 2020, 07:34   #912  |  Link
cafevincent

I just got a HDR tv, how do I view HDR videos with MPC-HC? It's not automatic.
cafevincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2020, 06:40   #913  |  Link
sam0t

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0t View Post
Anybody else getting random BSOD crashes with MPC-HC v1.9.2 and MadVR v0.92.17 ?

Been using clsid's MPC-HC and MadVR for couple years now without any issue, but since upgrading MPC-HC to v1.9.2, started seeing BSOD crashes once in about an hour or two of playback. Believe these were irql_not_less_or_equal BSODs without reference to any system driver, but oddly the crashes did not leave Windows mini-dump files behind for further analysis. Anyways initially I was dead sure that these were caused by Windows 10 2020-03 cumulative upgrade or some other driver that I had updated during the last month or so, but after rolling back all the recent updates I had made by restoring an early April system image without March W10 cumulative update installed, I was still getting BSODs.

Apparently I had taken the image around the time of installing MPC-HC v1.9.2, so as a last step few days ago, reverted back to MPC-HC 1.9.1 and the BSODs stopped there. Wondering if anybody else is seeing similar?

I've got a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 based system with all its components running the latest available FW and drivers. Overall this rig has been rock solid few years and have not had any issues with MPC-HC and MadVR until vv1.9.2.

After quite bit of troubleshooting managed to pinpoint the root cause for my system BSODs, and felt it only prudent to report it here and exonerate MPC-HC and AMD drivers from the blame.

It turns out that Clsid was right to suspect overheating, as after multiple image and driver rollbacks, I pretty much concluded that drivers nor Windows updates were not to blame here. Long story short, the BSODs in my case were caused by an awkwardly positioned M.2 connector, located right below the GFX card. It took me a while to realize that the the slowly warming up GFX card was subsequently overheating the M.2 SSD beneath it, since initially I was just looking at the primary components (CPU, MB chipset, GFX card) heat levels . So the solution was rather trivial: Crank up the chasis fans and clean the somewhat dusty chassis air filters and no more crashes.

edit:

Turned out this issue was more complex than simple overheating, and involved Windows power profiles. Posted about the issue and solution in lenght @ https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...13#post1914813 in case somebody else is having random BSODs with MadVR and AMD Ryzen based systems.

Last edited by sam0t; 5th June 2020 at 22:10.
Old 2nd May 2020, 12:33   #914  |  Link
pleinlesyeux

Keyboard shortcut

Hello,

First I want to state this player is my favorite.

Is it possible to create a hotkey to change video tracks ? (Next video track).
I would like to change them as I would change the audio pressing A.
Thank you
pleinlesyeux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2020, 15:26   #915  |  Link
adipose

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleinlesyeux View Post
Hello,

First I want to state this player is my favorite.

Is it possible to create a hotkey to change video tracks ? (Next video track).
I would like to change them as I would change the audio pressing A.
Thank you
It sounds doable, but if you could post it on github, that's where I usually look for features and bugs.
Old 2nd May 2020, 15:41   #916  |  Link
Damien147

What can I do about this?
I clicked reset in misc tab but nothing changes.I am with 1.7.13
Damien147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2020, 15:58   #917  |  Link
adipose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien147 View Post
What can I do about this?
I clicked reset in misc tab but nothing changes.I am with 1.7.13
I suggest you try 1.9.2
Old 3rd May 2020, 11:52   #918  |  Link
Damien147

Just did (kept settings) and problem solved.Thank you.
Now I get the no subtitles found message with everything though but sometimes it used to happen.Maybe wait a few days.

Last edited by Damien147; 3rd May 2020 at 12:13.
Old 3rd May 2020, 13:40   #919  |  Link
clsid

OpenSubtitles no longer supports anonymous login/search. If you want to use it you must create a user account on their website and configure it in MPC-HC options.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2020, 14:00   #920  |  Link
Damien147

Oh I see.Thank you very much.