Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13th April 2009, 22:39   #1  |  Link
acejack

BluRay Burn Problem

Hello guys im new at this forum

i just started with bluray backup and burning a while ago, and im having a hard time , ive probably destroyed 4-5 discs and this is starting to get realy expensive

anyways. the tools i have(in no particular order):

Powerdvd and Arcsoft media player - for playback

ripping: Imgburn, Anydvd, BD-Rebuilder, TSMuxer and VirtualClonedrive.

Back to my problems; all my movies plays just fine when i play them from harddrive whith ArcsoftMeadia Player,
however when I create an Iso of The BDMV folder they will not play in Powerdvd or play on my standalone BluRay player after burning

Ive searched everywhere on the web to find a solution to my problem with no luck.. How do you guys burn , maybe there is something wrong with the bluray stuctere of files?
I realy need an ABC guide for burning..... Pleaaaassseee Heeeelp
acejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 22:45   #2  |  Link
rik1138

Are you setting the file structure to UDF 2.50? In ImgBurn, under Options, select UDF for File System, and 2.50 for UDF Revision...

That's the only odd setting you have to make when burning Blu-Ray. If you have a proper file structure (which TSMuxer will create if you've selected 'Blu-Ray Disc' output), that's the one thing I can think of that you might be doing wrong.

You might also buy one BD-RE for your testing. They cost more, but they are probably cheaper than the 4-5 discs you've already ruined...
rik1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 23:07   #3  |  Link
acejack

Ive bought an BD-rw know, I use UDF2,5 IMG.Burn gives you reminder if u dont use it...
Old 14th April 2009, 06:10   #4  |  Link
turbojet

What version of powerDVD?
What standalone player?
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2009, 15:12   #5  |  Link
acejack

I have Powerdvd 7.3 and in my other computer i have pdvd version 8
Standalone player . United DVD8900b cheap model.
All the movies plays just fine in Arcsoft but if i burn or make img.file all playback fails on all players, But however i have managed to burn/mount - 2movies successfully, but the strangest thing ocoured for a week ago; I had created an img.file of Thick as Thives and it played fine in powerdvd after mounting. start to end on testing , and the next day i got an error unsuportet format- ive instaled avisyth, FFdshow and Haali mediasplitter dont know if any apps is cousing errors=?
Im running Windos XP by the way
Old 15th April 2009, 00:57   #6  |  Link
turbojet

2 things you could if this is movie only are:
1. delete AUXDATA folder before imaging -OR- use TSMuxer 1.9.9 with AVCHD output -OR- check strict AVCHD option in BD-Rebuilder
2. use TSMuxer 1.9.9 with bluray output

Both create a little different output and from some testing the latest PowerDVD 8 patch only plays case 2.

If it's full backup you can try just deleting the AUXDATA folder and see if that changes anything.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 20:07   #7  |  Link
acejack

Ok all of this probably works , i think i forgot to mention my exact problem (sorry)

I wish to Keep menu and extra - I want the full movie.

my soulution for now has been the things you mentioned , but this strips the menu and extra, and i really would like to keep all of the features on the bluray disc.
Old 15th April 2009, 20:18   #8  |  Link
setarip_old

Hi!
Quote:
when I create an Iso of The BDMV folder
Try including the "Certificate" folder in your ISO, together with the "BDMV" folder...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blu-ray, burning, ripping