Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 22nd November 2013, 18:18   #18441  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
If having interlaced sources on a BD complaint disk as an extra content (for example marked as MPEG-4 (AVC), 480i, 29.97 fps in the streamlist) how to get to know within BD-RB if is hard-telecined, soft-telecined, interlaced, mixed progressive and telecine, mixed progressive and interlaced?

Does BD-RB automatically recognize all these types of content and handle accordingly? I know that it is possible to set up both manually and automatically IVTC on hard and soft telecined sources, but I do not know if it is an entirely automatic process made by BD-RB or I should manually check each extra content outside of BD-RB to know the exact video type and set up BD-RB accordingly?

Please help even it is not a bug related issue, it would be much appreciated. I have read a lot from your changes.txt file but these are unfortunately still questions to me and a bit messed up after read some pages in the internet about specifying the video types.

Please help. Thank you in advance.
Yes BD-RB recognizes them and handles them. One note, though, there's really no good way to tell hard telecining other than user interaction and visual analysis of the source. But there is a hidden setting to instruct BD-RB to iVTC if it actually is hard telecined.

If a source is telecined you will see a "*" next to the frame rate in the stream list. If it is a hybrid you'll see "***". If it is a VC-1 source with telecining you'll see "**" (VC-1 telecined sources require special considerations). Deinterlacing depends upon whether you have it selected in the SETUP dialog.

Last edited by jdobbs; 22nd November 2013 at 18:20.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 21:16   #18442  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Yes BD-RB recognizes them and handles them. One note, though, there's really no good way to tell hard telecining other than user interaction and visual analysis of the source. But there is a hidden setting to instruct BD-RB to iVTC if it actually is hard telecined.

If a source is telecined you will see a "*" next to the frame rate in the stream list. If it is a hybrid you'll see "***". If it is a VC-1 source with telecining you'll see "**" (VC-1 telecined sources require special considerations). Deinterlacing depends upon whether you have it selected in the SETUP dialog.
Thanks for the answer!
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 23:36   #18443  |  Link
Shylock

Bug with multiangle pixar title

Hello jdobbs,

I'm experiencing this bug for the first time. Processing "Cars" french realease. Selecting full backup with BDRB 045.05. The title is heavily fragmented with 3 diiferent angles for english, french and dutch versions.
The process went flawessly as always for me but the result bd25 is freezing reaching some point (just in the junction of titles 00148 and 00149) on my oppo bd 103 player.
I ripped the disk with the last AnyDVDHD and the result iso image plays flawessly on TMT6.
Reading the log from BDRB, I notice that some parts of the main movie, for example title 00150 and 00151, are skipped by BDRB. thes parts are the 2 "other angles" of title 00149, consisting in languages variant of the same clip. For that reason, a large part of the disk is left untouched and for the parts reencoded, the bitrate is drastically reduced.
I never experienced any of these 2 issues with another disk before.

BDRB .ini:
Code:
[Paths]
SOURCE_PATH=I:\
WORKING_PATH=F:\BDWORK\
DGIndexNV=C:\Program Files (x86)\DGdecodeNV\DGIndexNV.exe
DGDecNV=C:\Program Files (x86)\DGdecodeNV\DGDecodeNV.dll
[Options]
VERSION=0.45.0.5
MODE=0
ENCODE_QUALITY=3
AUTO_QUALITY=0
AUTO_BURN=0
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;fra;fre;jpn;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=all
SD_CONVERT=0
OPEN_GOP=0
RESIZE_1080=0
DEINTERLACE=1
SD_TO_1080=0
CONVERT_WIDE=0
DTS_REENCODE=0
AC3_REENCODE=0
AC3_640=1
AC3_192=0
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1
AVCHD=1
REMOVE_WORKFILES=0
MOVIE_ONLY_LOOP=1
REMOVE_OUTPUT=0
USE_FILTERS=0
BDMV_CERT_ONLY=1
USE_LAVF=1
IVTC_PULLDOWN=1
ASSUME_DVD_PAL=1
UNMASK_CHAPTER=1
COMPLETION_BEEP=0
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=0
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=0
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=23500
DTSX_ENABLE=1
MULTIPROCESS=1
ENABLE_TEST=1
TARGET_SIZE=23500
DGDECNV=0
MOVIEONLY_TYPE=2
ALTCRF=20
ALT_TARGET=1000
ALTMETHOD=0
ALTAUTOCROP=0
MIN_M2TS_SIZE=80
FORCE_ENCODE=1
ENABLE_BLANKING=1

RESIZE_1440=0
OUTPUT_3D=0

Joining the log

EDIT:
It seems that if i try to play angle 1 (english) everything is OK. every part was processed by BDRB when backing up. Playing other angles freezes every time the player switch from processed part to untouched one
Attached Files
File Type: txt BDRebuilder_log.txt (60.4 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by Shylock; 23rd November 2013 at 09:50.
Shylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 08:58   #18444  |  Link
Sharc

@jdobbs
I did a backup to BD9 of an episodic BD with 4 episodes:
Quick menu and backdrop are perfect. However, when I select any of the 4 episodes playback does not start but just jumps to the next item in the Quick Menu. After Episode 4 it jumps back to the first menu button for Episode 1 and so on....

Before burning to disk, I decided to skip one of the languages and unselected one of the audio streams in the Stream tab of BD-RB, pressed the Backup button, and as expected BD-RB asked if I want to resume the previous job. Pressing YES, BD-RB redid the Multiplexing and authoring and finished as expected.
Could the deselection of one of the Audio tracks be the cause for the menu problem?

Secondly, I noticed that the menu backdrop for the Quick Menu on BD5/9 is encoded with keyint =250. Shouldn't it be 24 or 48 for BD compliance? Does it matter at all?

Edit:
Adding the skipped audio track back did not help. Still trapped in the Quick Menu.

Last edited by Sharc; 23rd November 2013 at 23:44.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 21:34   #18445  |  Link
Crocluvr92

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
Uninstall all the codecs pack including ffdshow and Haali Matroska Splitter and then reinstall only ffdshow and Haali Matroska Splitter from forum first page.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1227473#post1227473
I have uninstalled Both ffdshow and Haali Media Splitter and re-installed them and I did the codec settings as instructed on the initial page for download. Once I reinstalled both programs, I made sure VC-1 is set to "wmv9" and made sure Uncompressed Audio is set to " All Supported " . I also uninstalled CoreAVC and downloaded the new beta of BD Rebuilder v.0.45.05 and made sure all the Setup settings were correct and I know my heatsink on my PC is good and I have a good computer for this program to work, it has for the past 2 years. I have an AMD Athlon II X 240 2.80 GHz Processor with 8 GB of RAM and 1.72 TB of free space on my external hard drive with plenty of room and I have never had this issue like I have been continuing to have for the past three weeks. I don't know whats wrong, I have run a thorough virus scan and have no virus, I have run registry cleaner, and no problems and I even had diagnostics run on my computer including hard drives and found no errors. I have tried to compress the movies off of both the Disc folder and off of ISO files with a Virtual Drive. I have had no luck, so can someone please tell me any other suggestions of what could be going wrong and why I keep getting an H.264 (MPEG-4 AVC) encoder has stopped working error everytime BD Rebuilder tries to reencode? Here is my newest log

[11/23/13] BD Rebuilder v0.45.05 (beta)
[14:32:37] Source: MATRIX_RELOADED
- Input BD size: 37.02 GB
- Approximate total content: [07:25:31.613]
- Target BD size: 23.31 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- Auto Quality: Better (Faster), Two Pass
- Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
- Resuming from previously started job.
[14:32:39] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [14:32:39] Processing: VID_00000 (1 of 55)
- [14:32:39] Reencoding video [VID_00000]
- Source Video: VC-1, 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 198,893 frames
- Bitrate: 8,201 Kbs
- [14:32:39] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 1 of 2
- Encode failed. Aborting.
- BD-Rebuilder v0.45.05 (beta)
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: 1.9.42.1, Ok
- FFDSHOW: 4504, Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- AnyDVD settings check: Ok.
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
[14:33:44] - Failed video encode, aborted
Crocluvr92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 23:40   #18446  |  Link
Sharc

Replace the x264.exe by the version from here:
http://download.videolan.org/pub/x264/binaries/win32/

I had once a similar mystery and replacement by another x264 binary helped.
Old 24th November 2013, 07:50   #18447  |  Link
Crocluvr92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Replace the x264.exe by the version from here:
http://download.videolan.org/pub/x264/binaries/win32/

I had once a similar mystery and replacement by another x264 binary helped.
I am guessing you replace the x264.exe file in the BD Rebuilder folder with the new one? Because if thats the case, I already did that and still the same problem. I even did an Inspect with BD Rebuilder and still everything was fine as far as that was concerned, but as I just stated, still the same problem with an H.264 crash on reencode.
Old 24th November 2013, 08:00   #18448  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocluvr92 View Post
I am guessing you replace the x264.exe file in the BD Rebuilder folder with the new one? Because if thats the case, I already did that and still the same problem. I even did an Inspect with BD Rebuilder and still everything was fine as far as that was concerned, but as I just stated, still the same problem with an H.264 crash on reencode.
Try downloading one from http://www.x264.nl/x264_main.php
Make sure to choose 8 bit depth and 32 bit if os is 32 bit.
Old 24th November 2013, 08:40   #18449  |  Link
Crocluvr92

Quote:
Try downloading one from http://www.x264.nl/x264_main.php
Make sure to choose 8 bit depth and 32 bit if os is 32 bit.
I have a 64-bit Version of Windows 7. Could you please give me the proper steps on how to do this? Thank you
Old 24th November 2013, 08:52   #18450  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocluvr92 View Post
I have a 64-bit Version of Windows 7. Could you please give me the proper steps on how to do this? Thank you
ok, lets start by downloading files I have provided link here

http://mirror01.x264.nl/x264/32bit/8bit_depth/revision2334/x264.exe # This will download 32 Bit
http://mirror01.x264.nl/x264/64bit/8bit_depth/revision2334/x264.exe # This will download 64 Bit

make sure to save second one as x264-64, instead of x264. Move both files in BD-RB tools folder and replace files in there. If done correctly windows will ask do you want to replace and say yes.
Old 24th November 2013, 15:02   #18451  |  Link
Capsbackup

My guess is your problem started with CoreAVC. Still, either another codec pack is overriding the necessary BD-RB settings or your anti-virus software is the cause.
Anti-virus software seems to be the cause of many BD-RB problems for many people. Anti-virus = anti-productive!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 15:35   #18452  |  Link
gonca

Crocluvr92
What anti virus are you running?
The encode ran for 1:05 before stopping, maybe something external interfered.
As Capsbackup said
Quote:
Anti-virus software seems to be the cause of many BD-RB problems for many people. Anti-virus = anti-productive!
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 19:07   #18453  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
The encode ran for 1:05 before stopping, maybe something external interfered.
Most likely it may be cpu, if its unstable this would occur.
Old 24th November 2013, 19:34   #18454  |  Link
Crocluvr92

Quote:
Most likely it may be cpu, if its unstable this would occur.
I am running Norton, no virus detected but I have tried running the program with and without Norton on and I still get the same problem. Oh and I replaced both x264's offered by HWK and still the same problem. I don't what to do at this point.
Old 24th November 2013, 20:20   #18455  |  Link
Sharc

Is your PC overclocked?
Is the problem with this particular source only? What if you try another source?

Last edited by Sharc; 24th November 2013 at 20:29.
Old 24th November 2013, 20:28   #18456  |  Link
Crocluvr92

Quote:
Is your PC overclocked?
I don't think so. I had a full diagnostic run done by Best Buy and it used to work on compressing but not anymore.
Old 24th November 2013, 20:36   #18457  |  Link
Sharc

Hmmm... rest assured that x264 drives your CPU to the limits for hours more than diagnostic tools....
Anyway, try another source now and see if you still have the issue.
Old 24th November 2013, 21:00   #18458  |  Link
Crocluvr92

Quote:
Hmmm... rest assured that x264 drives your CPU to the limits for hours more than diagnostic tools....
Anyway, try another source now and see if you still have the issue.
I am still having no luck. Thanks for your help everyone. I am going to just have to start burning full 50gb discs. It costs more, but compressing is obviously not going to work anymore. Again, Thanks.
Old 24th November 2013, 21:07   #18459  |  Link
HWK

Before you give up, can you create virtual machine and run encoding inside it. Since VM will be clean of any issues it would help a lot to see if it is something with OS, possibly at kernel level.

Last edited by HWK; 24th November 2013 at 21:17.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 21:55   #18460  |  Link
Crocluvr92

Quote:
Before you give up, can you create virtual machine and run encoding inside it. Since VM will be clean of any issues it would help a lot to see if it is something with OS, possibly at kernel level.
Virtual Machine did not work either. I give up, thanks again everyone, I really appreciate it.