Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 8th January 2010, 09:18   #1101  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub View Post
Oh, and disabling the ffdshow decoder cause AVStoDVD to hang. Apparently, NicDTSSource doesn't like loading a .m2ts file as a source, which is understandable.
Yes, NicAudio filters accept audio only streams. You should say to AVStoDVD to demux the DTS stream when loading the input file (check the option box on the lower left side of the audio selection window).

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 00:43   #1102  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Yeah, I thought of that after I posted the previous response.

I've got an encode with Quenc running back home, so I'll see how that turns out and test with NicDTSSource.
Old 9th January 2010, 20:37   #1103  |  Link
Adub

Okay, so the Quenc trick works with DTS-HD. Yey! One Blu-ray to DVD conversion down!

Now, I'm trying my Dark Knight Blu-ray. Several problems so far.

1) When extracting the main AC3 source, FFMPEG gets 88.06 seconds into the audio track, and then just sits there, eating CPU cycles.
2) When I attempt to extract the main TRUEHD track, I get the following error:
http://mirror.adubvideo.net/truehderror.png

I'm updating my FFDShow build (fixes an error with ffmpeg-mt) and then I'll try using AC3 loaded directly (no demux). I expect that this will work just fine.
Old 10th January 2010, 03:46   #1104  |  Link
Adub

Okay, even using the AC3 source, it fails. Here is the error.

http://mirror.adubvideo.net/ac3error.png
After I close the crash window, it says: "ERROR: Could not write to standard output"

After I close the main cmd window, FFMPEG comes up and tries to give the audio stream a try, and then proceeds to pause at around 85~88 seconds.

Something definitely fishy is going on here.
Old 10th January 2010, 14:00   #1105  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

The first successful attempt with QuEnc was done demuxing the DTS-HD track or reading the container as it is? What about trying again with QuEnc on the Dark Knight Blu-ray?

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 10th January 2010, 15:57   #1106  |  Link
glisoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
AVStoDVD release 2.2.5...
Change log:
- Added Text (Subtitles) info reading using MediaInfo.dll
- Added possibility to demux Subtitles streams (SubRip SRT and VobSub IDX/SUB format) when processing Matroska contaneirs with Subs
- Added support to Unicode and UTF-8 text format for SubRip SRT Subtitles
- Added support to MKVExtract (if already installed - not included in AVStoDVD Installer package) to demux audio and subs from Matroska containers
Any feedback is welcomed, as usual.
Hi, MrC...

I found your great program just recently as I was searching for something to convert my hd.mkv to DVD for my parents to watch on their dvd player...and your program is GREAT. Fast (one hour per 720p movie), no bugs found so far, stable, predictable (meaning you get what you set it to make)...

One thing that was missing (for me) is ability to demix subs from mkv and put them into dvd (I do this, mix my subs into mkv, so a don't have to worry about them later...).

A now, you say you made that too!! WHOA!!!

But, I can't find where to 'activate' this feature...as it doesn't work 'out of the box'...

Using title info, I get all the sub streams, but how to select one (or more of them) into DVD?

Also, DTS audio track was not processed, but that is not my first concern now...Subs are what I need...

Great work MrC, keep it coming....

Goran
glisoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 20:26   #1107  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Hi glisoni,

when dealing with mkv having subs, AVStoDVD prompts an small option window showing the selectable subs. BUT following conditions must be fulfilled:

- source file is a matroska container
- vobsub/UTF-8 subs tracks are present
- 'mkvextract.exe' file is detected in the system (path is taken from reg key 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\mkvmergeGUI\GUI\installation_path')

Do you get that subs option window?

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 10th January 2010, 20:50   #1108  |  Link
glisoni

Quote:
Hi glisoni,

when dealing with mkv having subs, AVStoDVD prompts an small option window showing the selectable subs. BUT following conditions must be fulfilled:

- 'mkvextract.exe' file is detected in the system (path is taken from reg key 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\mkvmergeGUI\GUI\installation_path')

Bye
Hi, MrC,

1. check
2. check
3. missing....looks like I just unziped the complete mkvtoolnix folder...

Will fix that and report back...

CU

G
Old 10th January 2010, 20:58   #1109  |  Link
glisoni

Quote:
Hi glisoni,

Bye
Well,

I fixed the 3. issue, but still no success. It does register external subs, if they are in the folder, but embedded are not detected...

This is the log:

Code:
'21:16:35' AVStoDVD Release 2.2.5 loaded!
'21:16:35' AviSynth 2.5.8 is installed.
'21:16:35' ImgBurn is installed ("D:\util\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe").
'21:16:35' MKVExtract is installed ("D:\util\video_tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvextract.exe").
'21:16:35' New AVStoDVD Project started!
'21:16:49' MediaInfoLib - v0.7.25 initialized.
'21:16:49' Title 1 "F:\movie\OK\.HD_720\Pandorum\Pandorum.mkv" added.
'21:17:46' Subs "F:\movie\OK\.HD_720\Pandorum\1\Pandorum_Trac.srt" added to Title 1.
I added the sub file manually...

Any ideas?

G

Last edited by glisoni; 10th January 2010 at 21:22.
Old 10th January 2010, 21:52   #1110  |  Link
Adub

MrC
Quenc was used on the container as-is. I will try using Quenc encoding from the container as-is on the TrueHD track. If that fails, I will try with the AC3 track.

It's odd that Quenc can handle any of these sources, but ffmpeg and wavi+aften fail...
Old 11th January 2010, 13:59   #1111  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@glisoni

You do not get any option windows, don't you? One possible cause could be the UTF format of the embedded subs: only UTF-8 is accepted so far. Could you copy&paste here the mediainfo of your mkv (subs section)?

@Adub

yes, you are right, it is quite odd... QuEnc is a ffmpeg spinoff... It could be Wavi having problem with DTS-HD tracks.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 11th January 2010, 20:14   #1112  |  Link
glisoni

Quote:
@glisoni

You do not get any option windows, don't you? One possible cause could be the UTF format of the embedded subs: only UTF-8 is accepted so far. Could you copy&paste here the mediainfo of your mkv (subs section)?

Bye
MrC,

I'm not geting the option window for sub, you're wright...here's the complete log (maybe you can get more insight from it):

Code:
Format                           : Matroska
File size                        : 4.37 GiB
Duration                         : 1h 48mn
Overall bit rate                 : 5 792 Kbps
Encoded date                     : UTC 2010-01-06 20:18:00
Writing application              : mkvmerge v2.9.8 ('C'est le bon') built on Aug 13 2009 12:49:06
Writing library                  : libebml v0.7.7 + libmatroska v0.8.1

Video
Format                           : AVC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                   : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC           : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames        : 5 frames
Muxing mode                      : Container profile=Unknown@4.1
Codec ID                         : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration                         : 1h 47mn
Bit rate                         : 4 912 Kbps
Nominal bit rate                 : 5 153 Kbps
Width                            : 1 280 pixels
Height                           : 544 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 2.35
Frame rate                       : 23.976 fps
Resolution                       : 24 bits
Colorimetry                      : 4:2:0
Scan type                        : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.294
Writing library                  : x264 core 80 r1376 3feaec2
Encoding settings                : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / wpredb=1 / wpredp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=0 / bitrate=5153 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:1.00
Language                         : English

Audio
Format                           : AC-3
Format/Info                      : Audio Coding 3
Codec ID                         : A_AC3
Duration                         : 1h 48mn
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 640 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 6 channels
Channel positions                : Front: L C R, Surround: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Language                         : English

Text
Format                           : UTF-8
Codec ID                         : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info                    : UTF-8 Plain Text
Language                         : Serbian
It is UTF-8 as you see....

G
Old 12th January 2010, 12:34   #1113  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@glisoni

bug found: subs selection window comes out only when subs tracks are 2 or more. If you will, have a try with this preview of 2.2.6 release (exe only, extract and overwrite in AVStoDVD main folder).

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 12th January 2010, 20:30   #1114  |  Link
glisoni

Quote:
@glisoni

bug found: subs selection window comes out only when subs tracks are 2 or more. If you will, have a try with this preview of 2.2.6 release (exe only, extract and overwrite in AVStoDVD main folder).

Bye
MrC,

so far so good, it detected the subtitle track, and is demuxing it.
But, when I tried 'edit title' app crashed on me ('index out od bounds - runtime error 35600' error), or any other option from context menu.

Goran
Old 13th January 2010, 14:41   #1115  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

My bad, I forgot to add a .ico file required for Aften advanced options.

New preview

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 13th January 2010, 19:02   #1116  |  Link
veco

Mux Error

I' have been using your application to convert avi to dvd. It seems that the mux always gives an error but movie cames out good.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for everything.

Log anf jpg included.

Vitor
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: txt DVD_1.txt (4.9 KB, 27 views)
veco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 04:53   #1117  |  Link
QuadraQ

Very strange

Hi all,

I've been using AVStoDVD to create DVD's of some off-air recordings of some of my favorite shows. The last time I used it was in June, and I'm finally getting around to creating some DVD from my recordings again.

Anyway I upgraded to the latest release 2.2.5 and went about doing what I did before. I use HCenc 023 to create the video files in a DVD compatible format, demux the AC3 audio, and grab the subtitles using CCExtractor.

Once HCenc is done I can usually fit three episodes on one DVD (4.7 GB). The total file size of the three m2v files, ac3 files, and srt files I created is about 3.94 GB leaving plenty of room for AVStoDVD to create motion menu clips, and put it all together. So I did this and had it output to a DVD folder structure which I then burn using Nero.

Here's the problem: The total size of the output folder is 2.16 GB which is smaller than the original files! AVStoDVD appears to have passed through the m2v files since they were already DVD compliant as it should. But for some reason each episode only contains about 21 minutes of video when it should be about double that. Everything (the video, audio, and subtitles) works perfectly for those 21 minutes, but then it just cuts off. It looks like the second VOB file is missing, e.g. "VTS_01_1.VOB" is there, but "VTS_01_2.VOB" is not. Also I notice that at the final step when the muxman progress is displayed, it gets to 50% and then, suddenly jumps to 100% and AVStoDVD tells me the process completed successfully, even though it did not. I'm pretty sure that the problem has to do with this last step.

I'm willing to send you anything you need to help figure this out, but I'm really frustrated here. I never had any problems with AVStoDVD before, and I'm hoping I can get things back up and running. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by QuadraQ; 14th January 2010 at 08:11.
QuadraQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 13:39   #1118  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@veco

let's wait for attachments approval

@QuadraQ

1st question: why don't you use AVStoDVD to do all the steps from source files to DVD?

2nd question: if you feed directly MuxMan with your footage (m2v+ac3+sup), do you get same issue?

Moreover a log file could surely help.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 14th January 2010, 19:07   #1119  |  Link
QuadraQ

Quote:
@QuadraQ

1st question: why don't you use AVStoDVD to do all the steps from source files to DVD?

2nd question: if you feed directly MuxMan with your footage (m2v+ac3+sup), do you get same issue?

Moreover a log file could surely help.

Bye
1) I'm using some specific things in the AVS script that help avoid some stuttering problems when the second third graphics are placed on screen. It also allows me to break up the job into parts, instead of one long process.

2) I've always used AVStoDVD to do this... I see that it has a GUI, so I'll give it a shot and let you know the results.

The log file and the project file are attached in a zip. Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AVStoDVD_Files.zip (4.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 14th January 2010, 19:38   #1120  |  Link
QuadraQ

OK I tried loading in one of my m2v files with the corresponding ac3 file. I tried also adding the srt file, but muxman doesn't support that type, so you must be doing some conversion there. With just the video and audio it worked fine, creating both the first and second VOB files which played fine using Nero's DVD player software. All of the video and audio were there.

I used version 0.16.6 to do this test since that's the latest version. (Updating the muxman in AVStoDVD's folder for it was one of the first things I tried, but it didn't help. I still have the original version of muxman AVStoDVD installed available.)

UPDATE: OK I restored the original 0.15R version of muxman that comes with AVStoDVD and tried the same test (again just the video and audio) and it gave me this error at the end:

---------------------------
Multiplex operation halted
Failed to open vob file C:\Users\My Name\Videos\Temp Files\DVD\VTS_01_1.VOB, multiplex pass 2
OK

However when I check the directory, the two vob files are there (along with the ifo file) and contain all the video and audio content.

Last edited by QuadraQ; 15th January 2010 at 04:04.